PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Wii

Redrum_69
12-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I just bought a Wii today...FINALLY....after what seemed like forever.

Had to buy it for a price over regular + tax...but making someones Christmas was worth it.

Now...what are some fun games to get for it?

Delano
12-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Simple.

Pick up Wii Play for an additional controller and some more fun mini games.

Mario Galaxy. Zelda: Twilight Princess. Resident Evil 4.

These are the quality games I have played so far. I am not sure what else is out there.

AZORChiefFan
12-20-2007, 12:29 PM
I have Paper Mario, Wario Ware and Zelda Twilight Princess along with the sports game that came with. All of them are pretty fun. Want to get Mario Galaxy soon.

AZORChiefFan
12-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Yeah the Wii Play with the extra controller and it has some fun mini games.

Delano
12-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Smash Brothers Melee should be coming out soon.

The Donkey Kong game looked kind of fun, but I havn't read any reviews about it.

QuikSsurfer
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM
charge station is a must..
mario galaxy and RE4 :)

DeezNutz
12-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy. Two best that are out right now.

Sam Hall
12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
Mario Galaxy is the perfect mix of old school and new. I love the references to past Mario games. It's generally an easy game and a fun adventure.

jiveturkey
12-20-2007, 01:44 PM
The Lego Stars Wars game looks pretty sweet.

Fishpicker
12-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Must haves:

Mario Galaxy
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Resident Evil 4
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Metroid Prime 3

Definite Renters:

WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Mario Party 6 or 8, cant remember exactly, but fun.
Super Paper Mario
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Super Mario Strikers
Tiger Woods 2008
Trauma Center: New Blood

Redrum_69
12-21-2007, 09:24 AM
DONT GET A Wii

EVER

THEY ARE TOO MUCH FUN.

expect a post from me in the next week listing a bunch of my vintage games and consoles. I have too many again and need to sell.

I'll post here and I'm also going to post on craigslist.

KC Kings
12-21-2007, 10:56 AM
The Lego Stars Wars game looks pretty sweet.
The bad thing is that it is 95% of the same game that already came out. We will probably get it because you can use your Wii as a light saber and it will be more fun to play, (as long as you don't have to flip around like Yoda).

FAX
12-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Do not get the Zelda game, Mr. Redrum_69, whatever you do.

It is the most flustrating friggin' game of all times.

FAX

Delano
12-21-2007, 02:29 PM
I wrapped up Zelda two days ago and started Mario Galaxy last night.

I can't stop smiling. Soo fun!

Bill Parcells
12-21-2007, 02:32 PM
I just bought a Wii today...FINALLY....after what seemed like forever.

Had to buy it for a price over regular + tax...but making someones Christmas was worth it.

Now...what are some fun games to get for it?
What the **** happened to your rep?

Oh, and BTW, I really want to meet you! :p

ChiefsGirl
12-21-2007, 03:28 PM
I am the queen of Wii tennis, I would beat all you boys. :)

jiveturkey
12-21-2007, 05:02 PM
The bad thing is that it is 95% of the same game that already came out. We will probably get it because you can use your Wii as a light saber and it will be more fun to play, (as long as you don't have to flip around like Yoda).I never played the last one so this one will be 100% new to me.

I certainly hope that flipping around isn't required. I just want to slice off some lego heads with my Wii-mote.

jiveturkey
12-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I got the Lego Star Wars game and it pretty much rocks.

Is anyone else playing it?

I'm stuck on the Darth Vader stage on Revenge of the Sith. I'm out on a ledge and then a giant chuck of metal falls on the back end knocking off half of it. An explosion then knocks off the rest of the ledge and I fall into the lava. I've tried jumping in every direction, light sabering everything in site and using the force. Nothing works though.

Guru
12-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I got the Lego Star Wars game and it pretty much rocks.

Is anyone else playing it?

I'm stuck on the Darth Vader stage on Revenge of the Sith. I'm out on a ledge and then a giant chuck of metal falls on the back end knocking off half of it. An explosion then knocks off the rest of the ledge and I fall into the lava. I've tried jumping in every direction, light sabering everything in site and using the force. Nothing works though.
xIf it is the level I am thinking of, you just aren't moving fast enough.

mdstu
12-24-2007, 09:00 PM
I noticed that the controller slots match my Gamecube controller plugs. Can you use the Gamecube controller or will I have to buy one of those ugly classic controllers they have at the store.

BTW I ask because I'm not sure I want to relearn Madden with the new Wii chucks.

jiveturkey
12-24-2007, 10:56 PM
xIf it is the level I am thinking of, you just aren't moving fast enough.
There's no where to go. If even I take off as soon as I can there's no where to jump to?

Does anyone know if a walk through site?

jiveturkey
12-24-2007, 10:57 PM
I noticed that the controller slots match my Gamecube controller plugs. Can you use the Gamecube controller or will I have to buy one of those ugly classic controllers they have at the store.

BTW I ask because I'm not sure I want to relearn Madden with the new Wii chucks.You can use Gamecube controllers. I have a couple of wireless one's that I use for the classic games I downloaded.

runnercyclist
12-25-2007, 03:48 AM
I'll let you know, there is one under my tree right now.

Delano
12-26-2007, 06:54 PM
There's no where to go. If even I take off as soon as I can there's no where to jump to?

Does anyone know if a walk through site?

GameFAQs.com FTW

morphius
12-26-2007, 07:08 PM
I am the queen of Wii tennis, I would beat all you boys. :)
It didn't take me long at all to get over 2000 on that one, I miss playing real tennis.

Chiefspants
12-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Got a wii for christmas, got Zelda with it, Already Beat it on the gamecube, incredible game, parents are playing wii play right now, I started on Zelda again earlier (totally different and much more fun on wii) so far the wii has been incredibly fun.

Guru
12-27-2007, 01:01 AM
Has anyone played Medal of Honor Heroes 2 yet? Curious about the online gameplay.

Sam Hall
12-27-2007, 01:10 AM
The shop channel doesn't take my American Express gift card :(

KC Kings
12-27-2007, 11:38 AM
The shop channel doesn't take my American Express gift card :(
AM/EX is a horrible company to do business with, if you are a business. If one of their clients disputes a charge they immediately remove the charge and bill the business $25 for a dispute fee. My Mom sold $200 worth of birth announcements to a lady, she didn't recongnize the business name and AM/EX removed the charge without questioning anybody. We sent an invoice to the customer and asked that she use alternate means to pay for the items, and she sent a check. Had Am/Ex even questioned the lady they would have worked it out. Two months ago another guy made a purchase, got the proof via email and authorized printing. UPS delivered the package to him and he signed for it. He disputed the charge, said he never made the order and didn't recognize the signature from UPS. Sure you can file a lawsuit against Am/Ex, but that purchase was barely over $100 and financially it would not be worth it.

Their gift cards are even more of a scam. You have to wait a certain amount of time before you can use them, while no expiration date is listed they will expire and you will lose all of your money, and if you don't use them withing a certain amount of time they will deduct non-use fees from your balance.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but you should find somebody that accepts Am/Ex gift cards, and use them asap.

Redrum_69
12-27-2007, 12:04 PM

we'll leave it as a mod having the ability to max out ones rep after individuals can bitch about the rep they receive, regardless of what rep they leave others.

Sam Hall
12-27-2007, 05:45 PM
AM/EX is a horrible company to do business with, if you are a business. If one of their clients disputes a charge they immediately remove the charge and bill the business $25 for a dispute fee. My Mom sold $200 worth of birth announcements to a lady, she didn't recongnize the business name and AM/EX removed the charge without questioning anybody. We sent an invoice to the customer and asked that she use alternate means to pay for the items, and she sent a check. Had Am/Ex even questioned the lady they would have worked it out. Two months ago another guy made a purchase, got the proof via email and authorized printing. UPS delivered the package to him and he signed for it. He disputed the charge, said he never made the order and didn't recognize the signature from UPS. Sure you can file a lawsuit against Am/Ex, but that purchase was barely over $100 and financially it would not be worth it.

Their gift cards are even more of a scam. You have to wait a certain amount of time before you can use them, while no expiration date is listed they will expire and you will lose all of your money, and if you don't use them withing a certain amount of time they will deduct non-use fees from your balance.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but you should find somebody that accepts Am/Ex gift cards, and use them asap.

I just expected a big company like Nintendo to take Am/Ex.

acesn8s
12-28-2007, 01:19 AM
DONT GET A Wii

EVER

THEY ARE TOO MUCH FUN.

expect a post from me in the next week listing a bunch of my vintage games and consoles. I have too many again and need to sell.

I'll post here and I'm also going to post on craigslist.Damnit! You are right. You have no idea how much it pains me to say such a thing.

Sam Hall
12-29-2007, 12:41 AM
I can recommend Mario 3, Mario Kart 64 and Donkey Kong Country 2 on the Virtual Console.

Guru
12-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Anyone having a problem with the Wii drive making a loud buzzing sound?

Guru
01-02-2008, 11:28 PM
OK...... How about this question....

Has anyone tried Medal of Honor 2 Heroes online yet? How well did it play?

Delano
01-02-2008, 11:31 PM
OK...... How about this question....

Has anyone tried Medal of Honor 2 Heroes online yet? How well did it play?

I bought MOH last weekend with a gift card before I had the chance to read some reviews (no best buy in my city and I happened to be in a town with a best buy).

Upon further review, I think I'm going to exchange it for RE:umbrella chronicles.

Sounds like the graphics suck, sound sucks, gameplay is mediocre.

I'd like to hear what planeteers say though.

Guru
01-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I bought MOH last weekend with a gift card before I had the chance to read some reviews (no best buy in my city and I happened to be in a town with a best buy).

Upon further review, I think I'm going to exchange it for RE:umbrella chronicles.

REally? IGN spoke very highly of it.

how did the online format play out for you"?

Joie
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
We got Sims 2 Castaway. I haven't played it but Aces and my oldest stepdaughter are addicted.

Delano
01-02-2008, 11:40 PM
REally? IGN spoke very highly of it.

how did the online format play out for you"?

Hmm.. I guess my info came from GameFAQs FWIW.

The thing is still shrinkwrapped awaiting a possible return.

The online play was what attracted me to the game, but I don't know if that is enough for me to keep it. I enjoy a good story mode or campaign as much as the online gaming.

Guru
01-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Hmm.. I guess my info came from GameFAQs FWIW.

The thing is still shrinkwrapped awaiting a possible return.

The online play was what attracted me to the game, but I don't know if that is enough for me to keep it. I enjoy a good story mode or campaign as much as the online gaming.
Well, if you end up keeping it, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Sam Hall
01-03-2008, 01:07 AM
I read a story saying the Psyclone recharge station destroys Wii remotes. That's the battery recharge station I bought. I'll keep an eye on my remotes. I still have the original batteries that I haven't needed since I bought the Psyclone station.

KCFalcon59
01-03-2008, 10:11 AM

Just give it a couple taps on the side with a rubber mallet. That'll fix it.

KC Kings
01-03-2008, 10:33 AM

I disagree completely. I have only played the first 4 missions in single player mode and think the graphics are fine. I dont have an X-box or PS3 to compare it to, but have no complaints for the graphics. For me the gameplay is just like every other COD/MOH with the added benifits of the Wii. You make a throwing motion to throw the grenade, when you bring up the scope you twist your right hand to zoom in/out, when you are hiding behind an object you can twist your left hand to poke just your head and gun out for a quick shot, with the point and shoot is a lot more fun, and you use the point with the numchuck to control where you are going, and the left and right on the numchuck to control strafe.

Arcade mode can get a little cheesy, but it is easily as fun as playing any arcade shooter, and it is free.

I would recommend the game on those features alone, and I am sure I will like it a lot better once I get "my son" a blaster and a USB wireless adapter and we can play 24 person multi-player on-line.

Delano
01-03-2008, 10:38 AM
I disagree completely. I have only played the first 4 missions in single player mode and think the graphics are fine. I dont have an X-box or PS3 to compare it to, but have no complaints for the graphics. For me the gameplay is just like every other COD/MOH with the added benifits of the Wii. You make a throwing motion to throw the grenade, when you bring up the scope you twist your right hand to zoom in/out, when you are hiding behind an object you can twist your left hand to poke just your head and gun out for a quick shot, with the point and shoot is a lot more fun, and you use the point with the numchuck to control where you are going, and the left and right on the numchuck to control strafe.

Arcade mode can get a little cheesy, but it is easily as fun as playing any arcade shooter, and it is free.

I would recommend the game on those features alone, and I am sure I will like it a lot better once I get "my son" a blaster and a USB wireless adapter and we can play 24 person multi-player on-line.

Excellent! I was hoping a review like this would come along.

I have one additional question regarding the single player campaign. As far as genre goes, is it more of a Call of Duty-shoot out the guards and blow up the bunker- or a Rainbow Six/Splinter Cell- stalk around and strategically storm a building type of game?

KC Kings
01-03-2008, 10:46 AM
Mario Galaxy is the perfect mix of old school and new. I love the references to past Mario games. It's generally an easy game and a fun adventure.

Agreed. Mario Galaxy is awesome. The graphics are great, and every new galaxy that we go to I am amazed at the creativity of creators to come up with the stuff they have in this game.

We have Mario Galaxy and MOH2, both of which I like.

Wii Carnival is crap, and while it is obviously a game geared towards younger kids even my 5 and 7 year olds don't like it. Unlike Wii sports where you can use hand/eye coordination and skill to put spin on the tennis ball, or crank a home run, Wii Carnival is just like a real carnival and even if you use perfect skill it is still a crap shoot whether or not the darn rings go around a bottle top or whatever game you are playing.

DeezNutz
01-03-2008, 10:47 AM

Yes. Contact Nintendo's technical support, and you'll have to send in your console for repair. The process is pretty smooth, actually. The turn-around time was about a week and a half.

KC Kings
01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Excellent! I was hoping a review like this would come along.

I have one additional question regarding the single player campaign. As far as genre goes, is it more of a Call of Duty-shoot out the guards and blow up the bunker- or a Rainbow Six/Splinter Cell- stalk around and strategically storm a building type of game?

So far it is COD type. I don't know if it is by deisgn or determined by how well you play the level, but the first mission I was just getting used to the Wii and barely made it through. I was given one objective and when I completed it I was done. On other missions if you breeze through the first objective it will give you bonus objectives to make it harder, which may be part of the story or may be based on gameplay, I'm not sure.

KC Kings
01-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Yes. Contact Nintendo's technical support, and you'll have to send in your console for repair. The process is pretty smooth, actually. The turn-around time was about a week and a half.

I am glad to hear that it is that quick. On ours when you load a disc or start over for a new game, about 50% of the time it makes clicking noises then gives us the "Disc error" message. I was waiting until the end of Winter Break to contact tech support, and they sent us our pre-paid box yesterday.

DeezNutz
01-03-2008, 10:59 AM
I am glad to hear that it is that quick. On ours when you load a disc or start over for a new game, about 50% of the time it makes clicking noises then gives us the "Disc error" message. I was waiting until the end of Winter Break to contact tech support, and they sent us our pre-paid box yesterday.

I know what you mean. I put off shipping it off for quite some time because I was thinking it would be a 3 week or more headache.

My problem was that for some reason, midway through gameplay, a loud buzzing noise would start and wouldn't stop. Very annoying and distracting issue. Nintendo will likely slap a new disc drive in your system, and you'll be good to go.

Guru
01-03-2008, 08:02 PM
Mine isn't doing it. I have heard that there are some problems with this out there though.

My warranty runs out Feb 20th so I always worry a little about what will break after the warranty ends.

L.A. Chieffan
01-03-2008, 09:54 PM
Does anybody know how to get an extra guitar for Guitar Hero III? I've been looking everywhere and then I heard that they haven't even made them yet.

Pretty stupid to have a 2 player game and not even be able to play 2 players

xbarretx
02-01-2008, 01:19 PM
we'll leave it as a mod having the ability to max out ones rep after individuals can bitch about the rep they receive, regardless of what rep they leave others.

i can always throw you some "saw you at Walmart" rep :p

xbarretx
02-01-2008, 01:20 PM

Oh, and BTW, I really want to meet you! :p

had you camped out looking for wii's you would of accidently bumped into him as well :toast:

Deberg_1990
02-01-2008, 09:06 PM
BTW,

Anyone downloaded any of the old Virtual Console games yet?

Can i just say what a blast its been playing old Mario, Galaga, Punch Out and Baseball Stars 2 again.

I think Tecmo Bowl is next on my list!

Mr. Christopher
02-01-2008, 09:21 PM
BTW,

Anyone downloaded any of the old Virtual Console games yet?

Can i just say what a blast its been playing old Mario, Galaga, Punch Out and Baseball Stars 2 again.

I think Tecmo Bowl is next on my list!

Yeah,

I got Super Mario Bros, Punchout, and Mario Kart 64. I think I downloaded a few others, but I gotta be honest, I haven't really played the system all that much.

xbarretx
02-01-2008, 09:24 PM
i wanna get kid icarus, super metroid, zelda ocarana of time, and maybe link to the past.

i wish theyd release the old FF can chrono trigger games..... :cuss:

Frazod
04-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Bumping this thread.

Add a friggin Wii to my newly-acquired gizmo list, although this is mainly for the wife (something of peace offering so she doesn't get too pissed about all the new stuff I've got for myself). But it's not like I won't ever play it..... :)

Any additional thoughts or recommendations beyond the stuff that's already been mentioned?

Molitoth
04-03-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm still looking for a Wii, cannot find one anywhere.

Frazod
04-03-2008, 09:40 AM

They're still nearly impossible to find. I missed the last one at the local Circuit City by a couple of hours. I finally just broke down and bought one on ebay. Got it for $350 (including shipping). Considering that what tax would be, that's probably only $75 or so 80 over list price, which isn't that bad.

There are other sellers online who have them in stock, but all at substantial mark-ups. IMO, your best bet is ebay.

TODD
04-03-2008, 10:15 AM
A friend of a friend got us one at Blockbuster...Wii Sport...
Have not opened the box yet today...but i will soon.

Best buy dude told me they flooded the market in china, thats why we have trouble getting them for the next couple of weeks..

Deberg_1990
04-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Bumping this thread.

Add a friggin Wii to my newly-acquired gizmo list, although this is mainly for the wife (something of peace offering so she doesn't get too pissed about all the new stuff I've got for myself). But it's not like I won't ever play it..... :)

Any additional thoughts or recommendations beyond the stuff that's already been mentioned?

If you like Sports games, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is outstanding!

Ive been playing with it the past few weeks and im hooked. Im not even a soccer fan, but its alot of fun.

Chest Rockwell
04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
If you like Sports games, Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is outstanding!

Ive been playing with it the past few weeks and im hooked. Im not even a soccer fan, but its alot of fun.

Second. Glad you're liking that title Deberg...also, have you tried out the online yet? I still haven't yet (I'm something like 29-1-3 in my league season right now, so I think I'm ready to get my ass whipped by a 12-year-old online, but I've been traveling so much the past couple of weeks I haven't had time for playing with my Wii at all)...

Deberg_1990
04-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Second. Glad you're liking that title Deberg...also, have you tried out the online yet? I still haven't yet (I'm something like 29-1-3 in my league season right now, so I think I'm ready to get my ass whipped by a 12-year-old online, but I've been traveling so much the past couple of weeks I haven't had time for playing with my Wii at all)...

Ive tried it a couple of times. Just the anonymous online mode where you randomly connect with anybody.

Once i started a game, but the lag was pretty bad and the guy either dropped out because he got beat or we got disconnected.

The 2nd time, i waited forever for an opponent but nobody joined.

Chest Rockwell
04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Ive tried it a couple of times. Just the anonymous online mode where you randomly connect with anybody.

Once i started a game, but the lag was pretty bad and the guy either dropped out because he got beat or we got disconnected.

The 2nd time, i waited forever for an opponent but nobody joined.

Did you have priority set to finding an opponent or game speed? Just curious, hoping that the online mode isn't completely unplayable.

foxman
04-03-2008, 02:17 PM
We just got one this week. I only started looking this past Saturday and I was able to pick one up at a Game Stop by getting there at 10AM and waiting for the UPS guy. There were 3 of us waiting and 3 Wii's came.

I bought the Wii Play, a second Nunchuck and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

So far I like the Tennis the best. Zelda is fine, but I am still trying to get into the action part of it.

I am curious about the Baseball that is due out 2K8 as I am not too impressed with the baseball that came with it unless I am missing the ability to control the player more.

Overall, it is a pretty slick toy.

I do have one controller that wont work.

Deberg_1990
04-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Did you have priority set to finding an opponent or game speed? Just curious, hoping that the online mode isn't completely unplayable.

First i had it set to speed. Then i changed the priority to finding an opponent.

The online portion of Super Smash Bros. is pretty good. But i imagine that there are alot more players out there playing that than the Soccer game.

Chest Rockwell
04-03-2008, 02:49 PM
The online portion of Super Smash Bros. is pretty good. But i imagine that there are alot more players out there playing that than the Soccer game.

Thanks, man.

Since SSB is selling at something like eleventy-seven-bajillion copies per hour, I'd guess you're right. We need to convince a few other people here to buy PES and start a CP online league...

mdstu
04-03-2008, 08:51 PM
We just got one this week. I only started looking this past Saturday and I was able to pick one up at a Game Stop by getting there at 10AM and waiting for the UPS guy. There were 3 of us waiting and 3 Wii's came.

I bought the Wii Play, a second Nunchuck and Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

So far I like the Tennis the best. Zelda is fine, but I am still trying to get into the action part of it.

I am curious about the Baseball that is due out 2K8 as I am not too impressed with the baseball that came with it unless I am missing the ability to control the player more.

Overall, it is a pretty slick toy.

I do have one controller that wont work.

I had a controller quit on the first or second day.
I called tech support and the guy told me to hold the controller in one hand and slap the back of it with the other hand. Immediately started working again.

ChiefsFan4Life
04-03-2008, 08:55 PM

I recently bought 3 off Amazon (was getting them for people who were looking for them)

The best way to get them is to sign up for the free text alerts through Twitter from this site: http://www.nowinstock.net/twitterAlerts.php

It sends you a text once it becomes available online then you just jump into your email and click the link and buy away

The key is obviously being by a computer when you get the text, but if you are it's pretty easy to get

Monty
04-04-2008, 11:37 AM
We just purchased ours last week.....3 months of aggravation before we hit the right store at the right time. We got ours at GameStop and I was basically calling the store daily just before Noon and after a week and a half, they finally had one. I bought the Mario Smash Brothers game for my son and he's already beaten the game, so he'll just have to wait before we get another one. I like it, I just don't have any time to play it.

Frazod
04-05-2008, 01:47 AM
Picked up Mario Galaxy and Zelda Twilight Princess tonight. Mario definitely isn't for me, but I think the wife likes it, which was the general idea. I'll give Zelda a look tomorrow. Got 'em used, so I can return them if needed.

Delano
04-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Ehh.. Amazon.com/gp/goldbox has Wii specials throughout the day.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is the featured "deal of the day" and the lightning deals have included Big Game hunter.

BTW.. I picked up Pro Evolution Soccer, but havn't had all that much time to play with it. It has been VERY fun so far.

Delano
04-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Guitar Hero III for the Wii for only 65 bucks (includes shipping).

Best price you'll see, but quantities are limited.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox
(http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox)

xbarretx
04-11-2008, 12:13 PM
Picked up Mario Galaxy and Zelda Twilight Princess tonight. Mario definitely isn't for me, but I think the wife likes it, which was the general idea. I'll give Zelda a look tomorrow. Got 'em used, so I can return them if needed.

Fraz !!!! Mario rocks! truly a great game my friend that your missing out on.

stlchiefs
04-11-2008, 12:36 PM
Ehh.. Amazon.com/gp/goldbox has Wii specials throughout the day.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is the featured "deal of the day" and the lightning deals have included Big Game hunter.

BTW.. I picked up Pro Evolution Soccer, but havn't had all that much time to play with it. It has been VERY fun so far.

Anyone know anything about Mario and Sonic Olympics. It has good review and I was thinking about grabbing it for my little brother for his upcoming birthday. Advice?

Demonpenz
04-11-2008, 12:52 PM
unless mario is a guntoting, smoker, with is hell bent of ending fridge's lives, and loves drag queens. He doesn't like it j/k

stlchiefs
04-11-2008, 01:52 PM
DAMNIT. I missed out on Mario and Sonic Olympics. I waited too long to make my decision, just went to purchase it and now it's sold out.

Frazod
04-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Fraz !!!! Mario rocks! truly a great game my friend that your missing out on.

Meh. Tried and didn't like it. It's just not my thing. I need to give Zelda another go, though.

Honestly, I love the bowling game. That's a blast. I also made a fat, bald, pissed-off Mii who looks just like me. It's funny as hell. :D

Frazod
04-16-2008, 12:24 AM
I hooked the Wii up to the TV in the bedroom, which was the deal I made with the wife. But as I got to playing it, it seemed silly to have it hooked up to a 32" TV when I have a 46" TV in the other room. I wanted to move it, but the wife complained.

Well, I went into Blockbuster (of all places) tonight to return a movie, and they actually had some Wii consoles for sale that they'd just gotten in. To find one available at retail price is still a total bitch, and it was just too good to pass up.

So now I have two Wiis. :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I hooked the Wii up to the TV in the bedroom, which was the deal I made with the wife. But as I got to playing it, it seemed silly to have it hooked up to a 32" TV when I have a 46" TV in the other room. I wanted to move it, but the wife complained.

Well, I went into Blockbuster (of all places) tonight to return a movie, and they actually had some Wii consoles for sale that they'd just gotten in. To find one available at retail price is still a total bitch, and it was just too good to pass up.

So now I have two Wiis. :D

You should probably just sell the second one and make 150 bucks.

Frazod
04-16-2008, 12:50 AM
You should probably just sell the second one and make 150 bucks.

Oh, that thought crossed my mind immediately. I was very careful to maintain all the packing materials, just in case. If they stay as hot as they have been, perhaps I'll wait until around December 20th or so and then list one of them starting at $500, and let the ebay lemmings drive the price through the roof.

Ho Ho Ho.

:evil:

Smed1065
04-23-2008, 04:42 PM
I see Newegg has the Wii in stock.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=68-100-018

Frazod
04-23-2008, 04:49 PM
The rush for these things has finally started to wane. They're still a bit hard to find, but not nearly impossible. The local Game Stop actually managed to keep an order in stock for almost a week.

Part of the problem was the backlog from Christmas has finally been filled.

Guru
04-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Just wait until Fit comes out.

Delano
04-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Anyone planning on picking up Mario Kart on Sunday?

I can't decide if I want it.

I'm tired of Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers - thinking of trading them in for Mario Kart.

Guru
04-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Anyone planning on picking up Mario Kart on Sunday?

I can't decide if I want it.

I'm tired of Mario Galaxy and Smash Brothers - thinking of trading them in for Mario Kart.

Isn't it just the same damn game as the 64 version but with wireless steering.

Seriously, I just don't see what Nintendo is doing with the rehash titles. At least make them different. I saw hardly any difference between Melee and Brawl.

Galaxy was at least different as was paper mario.

mikeyis4dcats.
04-23-2008, 06:00 PM

from what I've read, Fit sucks.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 06:01 PM

My wife wants it. I think it looks cool.

Exactly the sort of game/entertainment/unique idea that keeps the Wii so popular.

Guru
04-23-2008, 06:08 PM
from what I've read, Fit sucks.
I'm not saying it is any good. I have below ZERO interest in it. Just saying the Wii stock issues will happen again when that game comes out.

Delano
04-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Isn't it just the same damn game as the 64 version but with wireless steering.

I'm not sure.

In all honesty, that wouldn't bother me since I didn't play MarioKart64.

Galaxy kicked ass.

Deberg_1990
04-23-2008, 06:21 PM
Mario Kart on the Gamecube was very fun. Especially if u want a game to play for the whole family.

Nintendo is what it is: A family friendly gaming company.

Frazod
04-23-2008, 09:08 PM
Well, I think I can officially declare the wii shortage crisis over, at least in Naperville. Deep Discount and Blockbuster currently have them in stock.

Mr Luzcious
04-23-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm not sure.

In all honesty, that wouldn't bother me since I didn't play MarioKart64.

Galaxy kicked ass.

Well, it looks pretty good to me. I think I'll be getting it here pretty soon. I haven't played it since the 64 version, and it looks pretty different to me. I've gotten a little tired of Brawl too, but I think its something I'll be able to pick up again later and enjoy, so I don't think I'll trade it in.

Guru
05-07-2008, 01:50 AM
http://www.buy.com/prod/dual-charging-station-w-2-rechargeable-battery-led-light-for-wii/q/loc/108/205880594.html

$9.99 free shipping

Dual Charging Station w/ 2 Rechargeable Battery & LED light for Wii Remote Control, White

http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/prod_lrg_images/594/205880594.jpg

Archie F. Swin
05-07-2008, 06:11 AM
I rented Galaxy for the first time a few days and I really like it. My Wife and I agree that the best game we've played since we bought the Wii is Smooth Moves.

KevB
05-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Well, I think I can officially declare the wii shortage crisis over, at least in Naperville. Deep Discount and Blockbuster currently have them in stock.

I just went to Nebraska Furniture Mart, Target and Wal-Mart in KC and they were out of stock at all three places. Any pointers on best places to look?

Frazod
05-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I just went to Nebraska Furniture Mart, Target and Wal-Mart in KC and they were out of stock at all three places. Any pointers on best places to look?

Try places that specialize in videos and games, like Blockbuster or Game Stop. Target and Walmart are the first places people look.

aturnis
05-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Mario Galaxy Rocks! :rockon:

Sam Hall
05-11-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm having a helluva time getting a wireless Internet connection to my Wii. I don't know what to do.

Chief Wiggum
05-11-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm having a helluva time getting a wireless Internet connection to my Wii. I don't know what to do.

It can be a bit of a hassle to hook up. Do you know, is your wireless router set up for b/g or only g? Are you using WEP or WPA security? Are you using an Apple wireless router by chance? Those first two things were the key variables to getting mine to play nicely with my network.

KevB
05-11-2008, 10:33 PM
So we'll be getting Wii as soon as I can find one. Little help on game titles --- I have myself, wife, 8 YO girl, 6 YO boy and 3 YO girl. I have a 360 for my shooter games. What would you all recommend that's "fun for the whole family"? Mario Kart seems solid. Galaxy seems good as well. My boy and I would like to play baseball, does that come with Wii Sports? If not, what's the best title? Finally, which controllers should I get? Wii Play with the extra controller and an extra nunchuck? If I get Kart with steering wheel, do I need to get an extra wheel? Very much appreciate anyone's comments.

Delano
05-12-2008, 08:15 AM
So we'll be getting Wii as soon as I can find one. Little help on game titles --- I have myself, wife, 8 YO girl, 6 YO boy and 3 YO girl. I have a 360 for my shooter games. What would you all recommend that's "fun for the whole family"? Mario Kart seems solid. Galaxy seems good as well. My boy and I would like to play baseball, does that come with Wii Sports? If not, what's the best title? Finally, which controllers should I get? Wii Play with the extra controller and an extra nunchuck? If I get Kart with steering wheel, do I need to get an extra wheel? Very much appreciate anyone's comments.

There is a very generic baseball game with Wii Sports but I would suggest picking up MLB Power Pros. It is kind of cartoonish yet it is a very good baseball sim.

All the Mario games are solid. You can't do wrong with Galaxy, Smash Bros, or Kart. WarioWare: Smooth Moves was suggested in this thread and I think everyone in your family could play the mini games.

As far as the controller goes, your idea of WiiPlay and a nunchuk is exactly the route I took. The Kart controller is unnecessary because inevitably half of your family will like the wheel and the other half will play with the wiimote/nunchuk. You can make two player work with one wheel.

Sam Hall
05-12-2008, 10:41 AM
It can be a bit of a hassle to hook up. Do you know, is your wireless router set up for b/g or only g? Are you using WEP or WPA security? Are you using an Apple wireless router by chance? Those first two things were the key variables to getting mine to play nicely with my network.

I don't know where to find the answer to those first two questions.

Chief Wiggum
05-13-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't know where to find the answer to those first two questions.

I'm sorry, it's tough to help you troubleshoot it then. This website might be able to help you through the process/give you some new troubleshooting ideas:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp

Best of luck Sam Hall.

KevB
05-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Amazon just went live with some Wii's, so I ordered one there(2 day shipping). Mainly an FYI for anyone else looking for one.

Sam Hall
05-15-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm sorry, it's tough to help you troubleshoot it then. This website might be able to help you through the process/give you some new troubleshooting ideas:

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp

Best of luck Sam Hall.

It has to be a security issue, I'm just not issue what. I think there are interference issues because I have multiple access points. I'm also concerned that my firewall could be causing this. It also mentioned anti-virus programs could cause connection issues. Or maybe I need to adjust the channel on the router.

dtebbe
05-16-2008, 12:39 AM

They had one at Wal Mart here yesterday. I asked my 8 year old son if he wanted it, and he said "Wii is for babies". LMAO

He then said "I wan't Nascar 2008 for PS3". Went to gamestop and got it for $25. It's pretty amazing the selection Gamestop has used.

DT