PDA

View Full Version : What general election matchup would be best for the country?

mlyonsd
12-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Right now I'm sitting McCain vs. Obama.

McCain - I've always admired his character. I didn't agree with his immigration stance but I watched a speech where he says he now understands where the public is.

Obama - I don't agree with his socialized medicine stance but have seen enough of him that I believe he has the proper character to do the right thing in the end when it comes down to the general public's welfare.

I think this matchup would lead to a great discussion on American values and right now could live with either being president. Both have character IMO.

Fishpicker
12-20-2007, 06:12 PM
I would prefer anything other than Rudy/Hillary.

go bowe
12-20-2007, 09:21 PM
What general election matchup would be best for the country?fdr and ronnie...

or maby george (no, not bush) and jefferson...

or maby jfk and, well, you get the drift...

as far as current competitors go, i'd say ron paul and hussein...

or maby not wrt dr. no...

Pitt Gorilla
12-20-2007, 09:48 PM
I like both of those choices. Good call. However, I'd still rather see Richardson, but Obama will work.

Sully
12-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Obama vs Keyes...

For the easy win for my guy!

ROFL

wazu
12-20-2007, 11:32 PM
I am going to do this without just trying to pick the candidate I think Ron Paul could most easily beat, and instead pick my favorite Democrat...

Ron Paul vs. Bill Richardson

Richardson actually had the balls to say that protecting civil liberties was even more important than national security. I'm often a little bit more authoritarian than that myself, but I do believe that is what the founders would have said. Live free or die.

Chief Henry
12-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Fred Thompson-Duncan Hunter
vs
Osama and VP

Iowanian
12-21-2007, 08:37 AM
This question I need to know..

Which matchup works best for what I want to see happen, or Which candidate from each party do I think would do the best job?

My results would differ.

cookster50
12-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Redrum's mum VS Pastor Huckabee

JohnnyV13
12-21-2007, 09:17 AM
I want to see Gabrielle Budchen vs. Heidi Klum