PDA

View Full Version : Wii remote/sensor bar trouble

Sam Hall
12-20-2007, 07:15 PM
I've been getting a message that says something like "communication with the Wii remote has been interrupted. Press A without touching the control stick to regain communication."

I can't figure out what to do. The cursor will move on the Wii menu screen, but won't move when I start a game. Adjusting the sensor bar hasn't worked. The problem started happening when I got the slingshot in Twilight Princess. I doubt that has anything to do with it.

Buck
12-20-2007, 07:16 PM
I've been getting a message that says something like "communication with the Wii remote has been interrupted. Press A without touching the control stick to regain communication."

I can't figure out what to do. The cursor will move on the Wii menu screen, but won't move when I start a game. Adjusting the sensor bar hasn't worked. The problem started happening when I got the slingshot in Twilight Princess. I doubt that has anything to do with it.

I dont know, but you can buy replacement Sensor Bars. Im pretty sure they even have vamped up ones.

Sam Hall
12-20-2007, 07:18 PM
I dont know, but you can buy replacement Sensor Bars. Im pretty sure they even have vamped up ones.

It's weird because the sensor bar has been in the same place since I got the system.

Buck
12-20-2007, 07:26 PM
It's weird because the sensor bar has been in the same place since I got the system.

Is it dusty as shit? Is there a spec of something on the wiimote?

Did you add a new mirror or something to the room that might eff up the signal?

Sam Hall
12-20-2007, 07:35 PM
It is dusty, I just don't know why it started happening. It's always dusty where I put the sensor bar. Maybe I should move the system away from the TV.

Jamie
12-20-2007, 07:38 PM
I don't know if this makes a difference, but the sensor bar doesn't actually have any sensors in it. It's just a couple of infrared lights that the Wiimote detects.

Sam Hall
12-20-2007, 07:42 PM
When I start a game, a can move the nunchuk for a few seconds before it stops and I get the error message.

Buck
12-20-2007, 07:42 PM
So is it the wiimote or the nunchuck?

Sam Hall
12-20-2007, 07:45 PM
So is it the wiimote or the nunchuck?

that's a good question

Sam Hall
12-21-2007, 09:54 AM
I solved the problem by going into the remote settings and connecting my extra remote and nunchuk. My original remote and nunchuk started working when I reconnected them later.

Redrum_69
12-21-2007, 09:55 AM
maybe you need to "re-sync" the remote

Sam Hall
12-21-2007, 08:40 PM
maybe you need to "re-sync" the remote

That was the best solution.