PDA

View Full Version : NEWS FLASH 37 FOREVER Members!

Raiderhader
07-24-2001, 01:07 PM
I just heard that Lamar Hunt is going to be on Fortune and Rose today to talk about Joe Delaney! Hot d@mn! Maybe we are finally making some head way!:D I can't wait to hear this.

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 01:15 PM
For those of us out of town, WTF is "Fortune and Rose" and can we pick it up over the net?

Otter
07-24-2001, 01:19 PM
What Bob Dole said?

phillfree
07-24-2001, 01:23 PM
What time is their show and can you provide a link.

PhilFree :cool:

old_geezer
07-24-2001, 01:23 PM
What Bob Dole and Otter said. :confused:

By the way, good to see you post again Hader. :)

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 01:25 PM
KMBZ 3-6pm.

Find it here:

http://www.kmbz.com/subpages/programmingmain.html

Mark M
07-24-2001, 01:26 PM
Fortune and Rose are the antithesis to WHB 810 am. They are on 980 KMBZ. Don't know if they have a streaming audio or not. Perhaps someone with a bit more internet leeway can look it up?

MM
~~Still being watched, but beginning to care less and less.

phillfree
07-24-2001, 01:27 PM
Thanks Pudden Head.

Phobia
07-24-2001, 01:36 PM
Oh, hell yeah. That would completely ROCK if this is true.

Where did you hear this?

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 01:37 PM
Bob Dole finally has it streaming (although sporadically...even though it does not indicate that it's rebuffering...)

The show's "Coming Today" page is still blank, but Bob Dole assumes Hader heard it announced or something.

Mark M
07-24-2001, 02:34 PM
I got a call from the guy who is going to do our printing and he heard it announced on the air.

it's amazing what a little media pressure will do, ain't it? Without Adam, Alan and many others, this thing would never have taken off! And props to Poz for such a great article!

I've e-mailed Mr. Wilson over there but haven't heard back from him yet (go figure). I am going to fax him a copy of the brochure.

I am ssssoooooo pumped right now!!!!

MM
~~Will work endlessly until this wrong is righted.

P.S. Jamie--
Did you get the files I sent you?

Phobia
07-24-2001, 02:37 PM
Somebody PLEASE record the show AND post a review on this site. Their feed doesn't work for me....

Mark M
07-24-2001, 03:13 PM
He will be on at 5 pm!! Just announced!

I will take notes for ya, Kphobia!

MM
~~Planet recorder ...

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 03:13 PM
Bob Dole is listening, but after an hour of attempting, was not able to figure out a way to rip the stream... Frustrating.

They're now announcing:

"Coming up today, Lamar Hunt will be on at 5pm discussing Joe Delaney."

The first question from this reporter will be, "How come Joe Delaney's name is not on the Ring of Fame, and what are we doing about it?"

Excellent!

Mark M
07-24-2001, 03:16 PM
He also wants to ask what is going to be done to make sure Delaney is remembered!!

I think we've kinda got that covered, don't we? :D :D :D We stepped up on this long before Lamar has. I plan on making that known.

I just faxed them a copy of the brochure and have every intention of calling in.

FWIW, the listener line is 913-576-7798, comment line (I think it's just a recording) is 913-677-8000, fax is 913-677-8901, main phone line is 913-677-8998.

MM
~~Grinning from ear to ear! :D

Mark M
07-24-2001, 03:17 PM
You know, I'm going to get fired for all of this if I don't shape up!! I haven't done jack squat today at work.

Gotta go now. I'll check in later.

MM
~~Hoping he can still make a mortgage payment.

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 03:27 PM
Okay...Bob Dole just successfully rigged a cassette deck to the PC and recorded the current audio.

Bob Dole will attempt to hang around after work, record Lamar's segment, clean it up and convert the result to MP3, then post the URL where you can listen here.

Phobia
07-24-2001, 03:49 PM
Awesome - thanks Bob!

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 04:04 PM
Bob Dole heard a comment that made Bob Dole think that Joe was the topic of discussion during yesterday's show.

Bob Dole is excited to hear what Mr. Hunt has to say, but isn't overly hopeful that we're going to hear exceptionally good news this quickly...

Phobia
07-24-2001, 04:36 PM
I think that he'll just defend Sunday's article. "The Chiefs can't financially support every player's family that comes through KC, blahblahblah.

What he doesn't realize is that we AREN'T asking for money from Lamar - we're asking for a statue or some other form of recognition - I don't care if it's just a painting/mural in the Arrowhead suite.

People need to remember Joe Delaney - not only for the promise he showed on the field, but for his heroic actions. He wasn't Walter Payton - I think that's obvious, but he was cut down in his prime and it's unfortunate.

I guess I'll shut up now.

AJKCFAN
07-24-2001, 05:09 PM
This is stunning news.... and like everyone else, this is going to be really interesting.

Now, if the phone lines are open for Hunt to receive questions (highly doubtful), we CAN'T piss him off. Doing that basically kills what we've been trying to do... so please, if this situation were to occur, be gracious to him. Invite him to the meeting and things like that.

AJKCFAN
07-24-2001, 05:10 PM
This is stunning news.... I'm looking forward to what he has to say.

Now, if the phone lines are open for questions to Hunt (highly doubtful), we CAN'T piss him off. Be gracious and courteous and invite him to the meeting for September 8. To piss him off basically kills what we've done.

KS Smitty
07-24-2001, 05:17 PM
Speaking of why Joe isn't on the ring...said he will be considered again. Cool!

AJKCFAN
07-24-2001, 05:33 PM
Letter-writing campaign to start from KMBZ and Jim Rose is totally stoked to do this...

Here we go!

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 05:33 PM
So after Lamar hangs up, we hear Rose telling us that he's got some ideas and he's asking people to write <b>him</b> so he can personally deliver the letters to Hunt's office.

No mention of the Foundation yet...

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 05:35 PM
Bob Dole is going to be here all night editing the d@mned tape down to a reasonable filesize...

Anyone out there know a transcriptionist that can do something with this thing when we're done?

KS Smitty
07-24-2001, 05:41 PM
I agree with ya Senator! Hopefully they'll talk about the Foundation soon.

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 05:42 PM
Mark is on now! Excellent!!

Raiderhader
07-24-2001, 06:13 PM
But I was getting ready to leave the house to run some errands for my family before I go see them this weekend, and heard it announced over the air while listening to Rush (and most of you think nothing good comes from listening to him:D). And then since I have been home my Grandma has been on the computer, so I had no way of getting back to ya.

I heard Rose say he had Mark Dye on the phone and my first thought was "I am not surprised". I kinda wondered if I wouldn't hear a Foundation member. I thought about calling myself, but I never caught the number.

Mark,
yes I did get the files you sent me, although I haven't had the chance to check all of them yet, but will this evening to make sure they came through ok.

Geezer,
it is good to be posting again! I have been having a bad time adjusting to full time work. I am just going to have to learn how to still live life around work.

Hader,
learning how much fun adulthood is:rolleyes:;)

tommykat
07-24-2001, 06:30 PM
OK....since nothing is showing up as read and responses...I'm asking......Hunt just mentioned about having Delaney at Arrowhead a new thought? And anything else he said? Did anyone get to call in? Just a curious Kat...;)

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 06:40 PM
Mark Dye got a call through and a couple of other fans that are not a part of the Foundation.

The "rough draft" MP3 of the interview should be ready in a little over an hour. It's converting from tape back to digital as Bob Dole types.

Bob Dole should be able to clean it up this evening and will hopefully have both MP3 and Windows Media versions available in the am.

And if anyone is bored...Bob Dole is hanging out in the empty chat room at www.37forever.org while the thing copies...

Bob Dole
07-24-2001, 07:45 PM
Bob Dole isn't sure how well this will work on a low-bandwidth connection, but it's a quick and dirty fix for anyone who missed it or wants to listen again. (Dinner is getting cold...)

<a href="http://student.tamut.edu/slent/kmbz.m3u">Lamar Hunt interview on KMBZ</a>

AJKCFAN
07-24-2001, 08:20 PM
Works fine... just browsed through the Hunt interview and the Mark call.

Mark M
07-24-2001, 09:23 PM
I was concerned about two things:

1. Time. I had to spit out everything that I could in as short of time as possible. I wanted to make sure I got the goals across, the website addy and the Sept. 8th meeting.

2. I was a bit nervous. You know, I stood in front of 300 straangers at an amateur stand-up night and felt more comfortable than I ever had in my life. I get two phone calls on the air (this one and one on the old 1510 AM) and my stomach drops. I hope I didn't sound like a complete a$$. :o

Well ... ? Was I acceptable?

MM
~~Hoping that he didn't make a fool of the Foundation (or himself).

KS Smitty
07-24-2001, 09:33 PM
Mark:
Given that Rose wasn't giving you a lot of time I think you did a superb job of getting the information across. I understood you, which is sometimes hard on talk radio, and you even made sense :D . Glad it wasn't me.
Smitty

tommykat
07-24-2001, 09:34 PM
MM.....
I listened to the interview but didn't get the questions. What did you say and what was the responses?

Mark M
07-25-2001, 06:47 AM
Tk--
I didn't get to ask Lamar anything. Rarely does he answer questions on the air. :(

What I basically did was blurt out the Foundations goals, the meeting on Sept. 8th and the website addy. Other than that Rose (the host) did most of the talking. To be honest, I kinda felt like he blew me off a bit. But the info is out there, which is the most important thing.

MM
~~Will share more later.

Bob Dole
07-25-2001, 09:33 AM
Bob Dole has replaced the full, hour-long Lamar Hunt interview (including subsequent calls to Fortune & Rose) with an edited version.

The new version is still a bit fuzzy, but it's down to 29 minutes (13 megs). Still MP3 format only.

<a href="http://student.tamut.edu/slent/kmbz.m3u">Fortune & Rose Lamar Hunt Interview</a>

philfree
07-25-2001, 11:13 AM
I thought it went O.K. with the only draw back being that Rose was using the "don't you think" sales pitch a little to much. He should of shut up about half as soon as he did. I don't think that type of tactic will work on Lamar Hunt, he's heard it before. I do think it is a step in the right direction though. I also think it's apparent that Lamar views the "Ring Of Fame" as something a player gains access to through what he does on the field and not what happens else where. Perhaps they should change the name of the 'Good Guy Award" or 'K.C. Chiefs Man Of The Year" to the Joe Delaney Award for Humanitarianism. Just a thought.

AJKCFAN
07-25-2001, 06:04 PM
Caught the last 15 minutes of the Rose show today.... talking about the Dye-Perez trade.

Any follow-up regarding 37 Forever?

Bob Dole
07-26-2001, 02:14 PM
For those of you who might have experienced problems with streaming the MP3, Bob Dole has created a Windows Media version. You should be able to save to disk (13 megs) or stream at your discretion. <a href="http://student.tamut.edu/slent/FortuneandRose-KMBZ07-24-01edit.wma">Listen to WMA version</a>

The original MP3 version can still be heard <a href="http://student.tamut.edu/slent/kmbz.m3u">here</a>.

Rausch
07-26-2001, 02:58 PM
Bob Dole,

Brad has realplayer and Quicktime....:eek:

Neither link worked, and I'm thinking about going elsewhere in 2004....:D

Bob Dole
07-26-2001, 04:09 PM
If you're using a Mac, <a href="http://student.tamut.edu/slent/FortuneandRose-KMBZ07-24-01edit.mp3">click here</a>.