PDA

View Full Version : The Kingdom!

Halfcan
12-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Great movie-it is a must see!

This movie shows why there will NEVER in a million years be peace in that region, let alone an end to the war.

I am tolerant of any religion, but theirs is just Total Insanity! You get Virgins for killing people-I mean that is something a Jim Jones or Manson would come up with, but these sick people will strap bombs on their own children, just for the chance to kill One American. Their whole Culture is based on hate and abusing women and the worst things we could Ever dream up-is their normal way of life.

I think most Americans see this as a winable war-but it is not, unless we kill every last one of them. There simply, is nothing good in their hearts. Even the "Descent" law abiding Arabs would cut your childrens heart out in the name of The Almighty. I felt we should pull out of there before watching this movie and still do. A ground war is useless-they are light years ahead of us in murder, destruction and evil. We should get the women and children out of there somehow and just Nuke the entire region before they start detonating bombs in American schools-because that is not too far off.

My 18 year old brother in law is heading to Iraq at the first of the year-it just breaks my heart. But he wants to save lives, even if it cost him his own. The war on Terrorism is basically, fancy words for a war against their entire race and religion-there is no difference-they are ALL Terrorist. This IS WW3-and we have a very good chance to lose it. The United States, just does not have the Leadership fight against half the Worlds population-this war will be fought in every Muslim country in the world, it is just a matter of time before Iran is a major player in this whole mess.

The Kingdom- makes the statement that "We will kill them all"-from both sides. I guess it really is a simple as that-Who will survive?

Only question I have is this:

How can ANYONE worship a God that lets you in Heaven for Killing babies??

Fishpicker
12-21-2007, 10:42 PM
that's what you got out of that movie? maybe you should watch something less violent, you sound pretty worked up.

Halfcan
12-21-2007, 10:49 PM
that's what you got out of that movie? maybe you should watch something less violent, you sound pretty worked up.

Well its the first Christmas in 18 years I won't spend with my Bro because of the war-and it just seems pointless. I guess I have been trying not to think about him being sent to that Hell-but that movie just brought it front and center.

Now I know what the other families have been going through this whole time. What a High Price indeed.

Count Alex's Losses
12-21-2007, 10:49 PM
The vast majority of muslims are not that way. Please read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Inside-Jihad-Life-Qaeda-Story/dp/B000PHWDN0/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1198298955&sr=8-1

It is from a muslim who infiltrated Al Qaeda and worked as an anti-terrorist agent.

Halfcan
12-21-2007, 10:52 PM
If a vast majority are not that way-then they would ALL rise up and stop the ones killing kids. If an Evil group became more powerfull than the Government in this country- I would bet every one on this board would be fighting back.

Third Eye
12-21-2007, 10:58 PM
If a vast majority are not that way-then they would ALL rise up and stop the ones killing kids. If an Evil group became more powerfull than the Government in this country- I would bet every one on this board would be fighting back.
The problem is that the government IS the evil group in our country. I wish I was still naive enough to believe we were righteous.

Adept Havelock
12-21-2007, 11:00 PM
DC in 5...4...3...2

stumppy
12-21-2007, 11:01 PM
If a vast majority are not that way-then they would ALL rise up and stop the ones killing kids.

UH.....because it's against their religion.

Oh yea, off to D.C. in 5 4 3 2......

Halfcan
12-21-2007, 11:07 PM
The problem is that the government IS the evil group in our country. I wish I was still naive enough to believe we were righteous.

Yep-I think the movie shows pretty clearly how bad our Gov is. We just do not have the resources or game plan to win this thing.

As oil is sky rocketing and the Arab countries are raking it in-the U.S. is borrowing against the next 3 generations taxes, trying to fight "Terrorism".

Halfcan
12-21-2007, 11:07 PM
DC in 5...4...3...2

I am talking about the movie.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-01-2008, 01:19 PM
i finally watched this movie... it aboslutely rocked my sokcs off. seriously intense.

spoiler (higlight to read)...

the end sequence where their trying to save jason bateman's character... i litterally was moved to tears at the end, breathing a sigh of releif.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Halfcan is an example of the millions of Americans dumb enough to take movies for absolute reality. I haven't seen the movie so I can't exactly speak to the film itself, but it's obviously propaganda if it can elicit this response. A great way to gain support for the Republicans and increase recruiting is to portray all Muslims as homicidal maniacs. And Halfcan has bought it 100%. Tsk tsk.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Halfcan is an example of the millions of Americans dumb enough to take movies for absolute reality. I haven't seen the movie so I can't exactly speak to the film itself, but it's obviously propaganda if it can elicit this response. A great way to gain support for the Republicans and increase recruiting is to portray all Muslims as homicidal maniacs. And Halfcan has bought it 100%. Tsk tsk.
Ameeriiiicuuuhh fuuuuckkk yaaaaaaaaaa

bkkcoh
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
So what is the answer, just let them take over?

What was scary was what was said to the little boy by the old terrorist before he died was the same thing that the FBI agent told other FBI agent.

But I would almost guarantee that the US wouldn't have sent any agents over there if the other FBI agent hadn't been killed. Would they? I don't think they would have.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-01-2008, 01:32 PM
i was just sayin' i thought it was a good movie and well made. shit.

CoMoChief
01-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Just rented it via Netflix.

I agree, good movie.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-01-2008, 01:39 PM
i didn't know iwas predisposed to hating terrorist.s

thank god sportsracer put me on the striaght and narrow.

Fly O.T. McWall
Just rented it via Netflix.

I agree, good movie.
i do a lot of my renting at redbox nowdays.

bkkcoh

I think you missing the point. I think anyone who would label all of any group in society as ______, that is pretty narrow minded. I certainly don't think that all stereotypes are true and apply to all in the stereotype. But stereotypes are based on some bit of truth.

I think you are just trying to ignore the fact that there are people out there wanting to do serious harm to anyone who partakes in the US type of lifestyle.

I am the first to admit the US has a lot of problems within its own government, but I would also say that the US also does the most around the world in humanitarian efforts and trying to promote a freedom for the worlds people....

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
So what is the answer, just let them take over?

Anyone who says all Muslims are terrorists is an idiot, plain and simple.

Terrorists are our enemies, not Muslims. And there are a lot of reasons terrorists hate us, and invading Iraq for no good reason didn't help anything. The only way to garner support for such a worthless and counterproductive war, it seems, is to paint everybody in that region as a terrorist.

I'm not worried about the movie concept of Muslims invading America. I'm worried about the Bush Administration & Co. severely and irreparably f*cking up our international relations. That, not the Islamic faith, is what will do us in as a nation.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-01-2008, 01:44 PM

Terrorists are our enemies, not Muslims. And there are a lot of reasons terrorists hate us, and invading Iraq for no good reason didn't help anything. The only way to garner support for such a worthless and counterproductive war, it seems, is to paint everybody in that region as a terrorist.

I'm not worried about the movie concept of Muslims invading America. I'm worried about the Bush Administration & Co. severely and irreparably f*cking up our international relations. That, not the Islamic faith, is what will do us in as a nation.
that and paris hilton.

personally, i think paris will have a far greater effect.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 01:46 PM
I think you are just trying to ignore the fact that there are people out there wanting to do serious harm to anyone who partakes in the US type of lifestyle.

Bullshit. Terrorists don't hate us for our freedom. There's a shitload of complex socio-political reasons for their hatred, a lot of it originating with us supporting Israel and aggravated by invading Iraq. Bush sold his wars by simplifying it to a "they hate our lifestyle" sound bite. It's just not that black and white.

They don't hate us because we get to vote or say what we want or drive nice cars. They hate us for much more than that, only part of which is our support for a President that has started wars like the one in Iraq.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 01:49 PM
i didn't know iwas predisposed to hating terrorist.s

thank god sportsracer put me on the striaght and narrow.

I was talking to Halfcan, not you.

You can enjoy the movie all you want, but if what you take away from it is "MUST KILL ALL MUSLIMS", you're a moron.

bkkcoh
01-01-2008, 01:50 PM

One thing that has seemed to the US into trouble was the enemy of my enemy is my friend. That has caused us to get into more trouble then most other failed policies. It caused us to support Iraq when they were fighting against Iran, it caused us to support OBL and his effort in Afghanistan against Russia. And many more that are too many to count.

Don't just point the finger and Bush, Carter messed up against Iran, Reagan messed up when the Marines were killed, Bush 41 screwed up against Iraq (even though he really didn't have authority to go into Baghdad after SH first time, Clinton screwed up when WTC was first bombed, Bush 43 screwed up when he allowed public opinion to be swayed and not allowing the generals to run the war they way they should have.

There are many other examples. But all administrations are to blame for the situation that we are in and I don't think it would be a lot different if there was someone else in the presidency..

TN_Chief
01-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Let's keep things in perspective here...it was a movie. Not fact.

TN_Chief
01-01-2008, 01:52 PM
How can ANYONE worship a God that lets you in Heaven for Killing babies??Clearly you're unfamiliar with the Crusades or the Spanish Inquisition.

bkkcoh
01-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Bullshit. Terrorists don't hate us for our freedom. There's a shitload of complex socio-political reasons for their hatred, a lot of it originating with us supporting Israel and aggravated by invading Iraq. Bush sold his wars by simplifying it to a "they hate our lifestyle" sound bite. It's just not that black and white.

They don't hate us because we get to vote or say what we want or drive nice cars. They hate us for much more than that, only part of which is our support for a President that has started wars like the one in Iraq.

What is one of the major things that separate the 2 lifestyles, it is the amount of freedom that each of the 2 societies have. Another thing that they hate about us is the excesses that we live with.

So are you saying that if we got out of Israel, there wouldn't be any Muslim extremists? They would just go away?

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 01:58 PM
So are you saying that if we got out of Israel, there wouldn't be any Muslim extremists? They would just go away?

Nah, Iraq has probably permanently f*cked us over in that department. But Israel is what started it. Everything that has gone wrong in that region can be traced back thousands of years to the conflict between Israelis and Palestinians.

And sure, our excesses may be a small part of it. But it's a very small part. Osama doesn't say "DEATH TO LEXUS DRIVERS!" He says "Death to America" because of everything we've done that they perceive as wrong. Obviously their actions cannot be justified, but they're definitely motivated by much more than "hating our freedom."

Fly O.T. McWall
01-01-2008, 02:03 PM
they hate us because of paris hilton.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Don't just point the finger and Bush, Carter messed up against Iran, Reagan messed up when the Marines were killed, Bush 41 screwed up against Iraq (even though he really didn't have authority to go into Baghdad after SH first time, Clinton screwed up when WTC was first bombed, Bush 43 screwed up when he allowed public opinion to be swayed and not allowing the generals to run the war they way they should have.

Yeah, and it's our support for these Presidents that has made them (keeping in mind that "them" is extremists, not all Muslims) hate us. But Bush is the worst of them all for a number of reasons. I honestly think that if we stayed out of Iraq and focused on where the terrorists were (not just where some Muslims that can be portrayed as terrorists), Al Qaeda would be severely crippled rather than resurgent.

My ultimate point is that Bush has put us in a huge hole diplomatically (not just with Muslim nations but with allies in Europe and elsewhere) and has done much more to aggravate terrorism than just about anyone else. And that forces them to desperately throw a big pot of "Muslims are evil" at the wall and hope that it sticks.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 02:05 PM
they hate us because of paris hilton.

That, too.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-01-2008, 02:06 PM
paris hilton for president!!!

shit... now i've gone overboard.

TN_Chief
01-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Look, there's a laundry list of things that fundamentalist muslims have problems with. Our freedoms and excesses are part of that list...so is our support of Israel and our presence in the Middle East.

Withdrawing support for Israel, leaving the Middle East...these things would only put off the inevitable confrontation with radical Islam. These are folks that want to live in the Middle Ages with respect to women's rights, educational/religious beliefs, etc. We can attempt to appease them all we'd like, but eventually we'll find ourselves right back in it with them.

Base problem...they don't think like we do. That's not a value judgement, just a fact. One of the biggest mistakes we made in Iraq was making the assumption that they'd just latch on to our "way of life" overnight. Big mistake.

A conversation I've had with a Palestinian friend recently centered around this question:

"Are there places that because of poverty, religious fervor, lack of education, etc. are better ruled by a brutal dictator rather than attempting to institute democracy?"

I say yes (as does my buddy). You'll notice that the sectarian violence in Iraq basically didn't exist under Saddam...because you knew that if you got out of line you'd end up hanging from the ceiling while some guy with a Black and Decker drilled out your knees.

We would probably have been better served in Iraq by waiting out Saddam, much the way we did with Quaddafi in Libya. Unfortunately the UN didn't help things by corrupting their own "Oil for Food" program. Nice job there jerkoffs.

Frankie
01-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I bet "Kingdom" made more money than "Rendition," which is a movie Halfcan should also watch.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-01-2008, 02:16 PM
These are folks that want to live in the Middle Ages with respect to women's rights, educational/religious beliefs, etc. We can attempt to appease them all we'd like, but eventually we'll find ourselves right back in it with them.
they might have something there........

allahdamn paris hilton.

DeepPurple
01-01-2008, 03:26 PM
It seems that both sides believe in "Kill for Peace", and in order to do so we've shipped our armies halfway around the world and yet all the while the Saudi's are turning their country into the next Disney World. Shouldn't the people in that region who have the most to lose contribute a little more than some vacant land for our ships and planes to tiedown.

Last I heard this war was costing us $12 million an hour, that's $288 million a day or about a billion every four days. Seems like a pipeline with all the money going the wrong way. With those kind of funds and all of our army and guardsman back at home we could build the best damn defense in the world. Instead our borders are still wide open for any terrorist and any illegal alien that just decides to come here. Our ports are still filled with containers operating pretty the same as before 9/11, all in all George W. Bush has failed this country miserably as Commander in Chief, and that doesn't even count the fiasco that went down during Katrina and still exists along the Gulf coast.

I rented "The Kingdom" last week and whoever said it was propaganda for the Republicans needs to see the film. To me it only emphasized everything I just wrote, that it's a terrible waste for our troops and our nation to be engaged in a middle-east war. I believe completely that this whole invasion happen for two reasons, Cheney's ties to Haliburton and George W's attempt to rewrite his father's legacy for the first Gulf War.

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I rented "The Kingdom" last week and whoever said it was propaganda for the Republicans needs to see the film. To me it only emphasized everything I just wrote, that it's a terrible waste for our troops and our nation to be engaged in a middle-east war. I believe completely that this whole invasion happen for two reasons, Cheney's ties to Haliburton and George W's attempt to rewrite his father's legacy for the first Gulf War.

I haven't seen the film so obviously I can't say for sure, but if it can get something like the thread starter out of somebody, I can't help but see it as propaganda. Maybe it is, and maybe it's what you saw it as. It depends on how you interpret it, I suppose. But the larger point still stands.

doomy3
02-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Man, I watched this movie last night, I absolutely loved it. I loved the end and I just thought it was an awesome all around movie.

blueballs
02-02-2008, 10:24 AM
are you the retard that seats in the back row
between two older women and masturbates
you can really make that chair rock

patteeu
02-02-2008, 02:04 PM
Man, I watched this movie last night, I absolutely loved it. I loved the end and I just thought it was an awesome all around movie.

I agree that it was an excellent action movie. If you've got the DVD, one special feature that I recommend is the climactic apartment fight as experienced by each of the 4 main FBI characters. It was awesome.

Most of the rest of this thread is drivel.

Deberg_1990
03-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Just got around to watching this last night. Great flick. It was basically a police procedural, with a terrific 30 minute action set piece at the end.

Yes, the flick made me a little angry, but for the most part it wasnt too overtly political.

Halfcan
03-01-2008, 09:32 PM
I bet "Kingdom" made more money than "Rendition," which is a movie Halfcan should also watch.

I just watched it-great flick. Better than the Kingdom, I think.

Simply Red
03-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Just got around to watching this last night. Great flick. It was basically a police procedural, with a terrific 30 minute action set piece at the end.

Yes, the flick made me a little angry, but for the most part it wasnt too overtly political.

Rendition was almost as politically swayed as Syriana. UGHH!

irishjayhawk
03-02-2008, 02:27 PM

The Kingdom was pretty balanced. Hence, why you had to feel bad about the guy's fate and the scene with his kids.

Frankie
03-03-2008, 11:04 AM
I just watched it-great flick. Better than the Kingdom, I think.

I agree.

Bowser
03-03-2008, 11:11 AM
The Kingdom was a good, strong film, but it seems like Peter Berg pulled the reins in on it somehow. I can't explain it any better than that.

Sure-Oz
03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Rendition was almost as politically swayed as Syriana. UGHH!
I didn't care for rendition, but we also rented gone baby gone and that was good.

Lzen
03-06-2008, 09:18 PM
Just saw this flick. Great movie. I think the politics in it were subtle and balanced. And that helped to not ruin the movie.