PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Royals fans, Jermaine Dye to be traded...

Chiefs Pantalones
07-24-2001, 06:05 PM
Thats what I heard on the local news. They are working on a 3 way trade, or something.

I don't like baseball, but theres nothing going on so...

CG

sorry royals fans

Chiefs Pantalones
07-24-2001, 06:08 PM
You guys will get a SS from the Rockies.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-24-2001, 06:12 PM
talk to ya'll later when this BB is "ok."

CG

later

Warrior5
07-24-2001, 06:43 PM
You still have a hankerin' for Jalapeno Cheese Balls?

Chiefs Pantalones
07-24-2001, 06:46 PM
Jalepeno Cheese Balls? Yep!:D

BTW, have you heard anything regarding this trade?

CG

wanting to know if anyone else has heard about this

LMT
07-24-2001, 08:17 PM
A shortstop from the Rockies?!?!?!? I use to be an avid Royals fan but my interest has waned a bit since the strike and all. I thought Sanchez at SS was one of the Royals bright spots this year along with Sweeny and Dye. Go figure! No wonder we suck at baseball.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-24-2001, 08:38 PM
Anyone else hear about this trade?

keg in kc
07-24-2001, 09:07 PM
Neifi Perez. How that's an equitable trade for Dye is beyond me. Probably means we're going to trade Sanchez.

Chiefs Pantalones
07-24-2001, 09:15 PM
It is true, then.

Poor Royals. Poor baseball. I never liked the sport, but its kind of sad that this sport is going down the tubes. So many people love this sport. Or...used to love it.

CG

is going to predict right here and right now that baseball will be NO MORE in 10 years.;)

You heard it here first, people!

ps. My friend used to be the biggest baseball junky, since last year, he no longer watches, plays, or has anything to do with the sport. He likes football and basketball, always has, but only wastes time with them now and not baseball.

old_geezer
07-24-2001, 09:23 PM
Neifi Perez

Sounds like an Italian sports car.

Seriously, why didn't they just trade Dye for a bag of popcorn? It's quite obvious the Royals no longer have the finances to compete. How does Houston Royals sound? Pardon the sarcasm, I'm just an old Royal's fan that has watched the team lose most of its credibility in the last several years as I lose what interest I had.

milkman
07-24-2001, 11:17 PM
The Royals are not losing credibility so much as MLB is losing it.
Years ago, a Yankees-Mets World series would have generated sizable ratings on TV, but because baseball is such a rich teams win sport, it's lost it's luster, and it's drama.

DaWolf
07-24-2001, 11:44 PM
Jermaine Dye = Yawn. Trade him. He's had 1 good year and he's playing lacidasically this year, like he doesn't want to be in KC. So if that's the deal, trade him. Perez has a nice bat and is a gold glove winner, younger than Sanchez, and has two more years of arbitration left. Sanchez has Boras as an agent and isn't signed for next year, so you can see where that is going. With the year he is having, his trade value is at it's highest right now, so deal him to a team that needs a shortshop while getting younger and perhaps better at the position.

Dye was probably going to bolt after next year and hey, we weren't winning with him, and he wasn't really doing anything this year to help us win, so might as well move on.

It is interesting though that the A's can now, if they wanted, field an outfield of 3 former Royals, Giambi, Dye and Damon...

old_geezer
07-25-2001, 05:04 AM
Second time in a week that Posnanski has hit the nail right on the head. First on Delaney, now Dye.

http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/sports.pat,sports/3accd89a.724,.html

The Royals can't afford to keep Rey Sanchez . That pretty well sounds the death knell for professional baseball in KC. :(

shakesthecat
07-25-2001, 07:20 AM
I just about puked this morning when I read about this trade.
If that's the best deal Baird could make, then he is a complete moron! An All-Star, power hitting RF, for a Punch and Judy SS?
Please tell me there are a couple of propects thrown in.

I used to go to 4-5 Royal games a year. But I will not support a team that is not commited to winning.

Go Cubs!

htismaqe
07-25-2001, 07:49 AM
The end of Major League Baseball as we know it...

I'm not a big MLB fan, and it's for the same reasons that the sport is failing. Baseball suffers from 2 things...

1) no salary cap or revenue sharing...hasn't anyone else in pro sports been paying attention to the NFL? The NBA is at least trying it out, albeit it may be a little too late for them too.

2) lack of big time TV contracts...sorry, but until MLB makes the games shorter, faster-paced, and more interesting, they're not going to be able to get the fat TV deals and that's the only way to make it in the big leagues nowadays. You can't support even the most successful team with just ticket and food sales at the stadium anymore...

Personally, I see baseball returning to it's roots, where every little town in America has a semi-pro team. The salaries will get checked and interest in the "home-town" team will be renewed. Once again America's past-time, instead of America's "past-its-prime"

Archie F. Swin
07-25-2001, 07:50 AM
How can you trade someone of Dye's caliber and not get a starting pitcher.

Its crap like this that will keep the Royals in the gutter.

Lzen
07-25-2001, 09:42 AM
The Royals have become a AAA farm team. Until MLB gets revenue sharing, this will be the norm for small market teams(with the occasional surprise...i.e. Minnesota Twins). That's why I don't watch it.

redhed
07-25-2001, 02:10 PM
I noticed yer Lakers signed Mitch Richmond, thereby nullifying any chance of a 3-peat. He's a great player, but his bad ju-ju will bring the Lakers only misery.

redhed
07-25-2001, 02:15 PM
Baird and Pos are talking about the trade!

No longer a fan of baseball or the Roidals...