PDA

View Full Version : ***Official 1st Annual Chiefs Planet Best Good Jam Session Thread***

Dinny Blues
12-18-2007, 08:02 PM
It can now be revealed.

What: Open stage/mic jamboree chiefsplanet all day entertainment get-together party funk-tango thing.

Where: Neighbor's Landing, 2935 State Highway TT, Sunrise Beach, MO

When: Feb. 23 2008. Start time TBD by # of committed jammers.

Who: Obviously any and all planeteers, jammers or not. Whole bands will be able to perform together, so bring your bandmembers. I am not going to spend any more time typing who descriptions, so if I have forgotten you, consider yourself included as welcome.

All standard jam session etiquette should be followed. If you don't know, ask somebody.

And shake-dancers, we'll need lots and lots of shake-dancers.

Why: To keep from wanting to.

In the interest of maintaining the Neighbor's Landing non-violent atmosphere, all Chiefs Planet disputes will be resolved in a Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament.

Dinny

Bob Dole
12-18-2007, 08:04 PM
Sounds like a good opportunity for a road trip!

Lzen
12-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Sounds intriguing. Although I will admit that I'm kinda rusty. Haven't been playing my axe in awhile. :shake:

FAX
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Count me in. Anytime. Anywhere.

Will there be chicks?

FAX

Dinny Blues
12-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Sounds intriguing. Although I will admit that I'm kinda rusty. Haven't been playing my axe in awhile. :shake:

practice more good

Dinny

Dinny Blues
12-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Count me in. Anytime. Anywhere.

Will there be chicks?

FAX

In every pot, Mr. FAX.

Dinny

KcMizzou
12-18-2007, 08:14 PM
Chicks AND pot? Now that's a party.

Skip Towne
12-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm in. And I can probably get the Springfield gang as well.

FAX
12-18-2007, 08:16 PM
In every pot, Mr. FAX.

Dinny

Sounds good. I have a bunch of amplifier things and a fender guitar and a thing that you put on the floor with lots of switches and knobs and lights. I'll bring that and a credit card.

FAX

Dinny Blues
12-18-2007, 08:23 PM
What would really be swell is if someone had an overhead projector with a big screen for the stage backdrop and some of those big bowl shaped discs and some food coloring.

That would go great with... great with the uh...

Okay, I got nothin' but those discs on an overhead were real cool back in the day.

Dinny

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 06:08 AM
Okay. So far we got Lzen on the axe, FAX on fuzzface, Skip on the springburg crowd, and me on drums.

I think we are gonna need a tuba player or something to phatten it up a little.

Dinny

Scaga
12-19-2007, 06:24 AM
I hear GoChiefs plays a mean Skin Flute? :hmmm:

FAX
12-19-2007, 06:29 AM
I didn't realize that so many Planeteers were so shy, Mr. Dinny Blues. We need a bass player and somebody with a Hammond B-2.

What about logistics? We need a venue with all-night access and kegs of beer and lots of chicks.

FAX

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 06:40 AM
I have some venues in mind ranging from small club w/stage to outdoors w/plenty of camping.

It would be incredibly groovy to know how up front many jammers will attend. Four jammers would work well in the small club for one evening. 84 or so jammers would require the outdoor place for a weekend, you know, "planetstock".

I hope there is alot of interest as well, Mr. FAX. I think if we take care of bidness properly, the shake-dancers will fall right into place.

Dinny

FAX
12-19-2007, 06:55 AM
That sounds good, Mr. Dinny Blues. You're in Springfield, correct?

FAX

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 07:03 AM
That sounds good, Mr. Dinny Blues. You're in Springfield, correct?

FAX

Actually in the Lake of the Ozarks area. There are several places here that I can line up. I'm sure I can find some places in the Springfield area, as well.

If only you and Lzen are interested, perhaps you could take a road trip to one of our gigs and set in. We have lots of friends who show up and jam quite often. We play old traditional blues and some old Chuck Berry style R&R.

Dinny

stumppy
12-19-2007, 07:30 AM
I'll round up all of the planeteers here in Everton. I play a pretty mean anvil and hammer (brass). The steel hammers are to high pitched for my taste.

Rausch
12-19-2007, 07:45 AM
I'd love to show up if it's in the Central or lake area. I play a mean cowbell...

Silock
12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
I can do synth/music station stuff.

stumppy
12-19-2007, 07:48 AM
I'd love to show up if it's in the Central or lake area. I play a mean cowbell...

There ain't a band out there that doesn't need more cowbell.

Extra Point
12-19-2007, 07:48 AM
Make a poll to get the preferred day and see how many would really show up.

bringbackmarty
12-19-2007, 07:50 AM
bass player just got here, sorry I was banging some chick on the back of a tour bus, or was it my wife? You guys want the doghouse, or the pork chop, or should I bring both.

BigRedChief
12-19-2007, 07:52 AM
There ain't a band out there that doesn't need more cowbell.
http://www.tshirtbordello.com/images/more-cowbell-shirt.gif

DaKCMan AP
12-19-2007, 07:53 AM
If provided with airline tickets, a hotel and a private dressing room stocked with bottled water, cashews and bbq I will honor all with my world renowned air guitar skills.

mcan
12-19-2007, 08:10 AM
That would be a whole lot of fun. I don't get out of town very often anymore (always working), but on the off chance that I can make it, I'd love to play. Blues is my bag baby!

FAX
12-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Actually in the Lake of the Ozarks area. There are several places here that I can line up. I'm sure I can find some places in the Springfield area, as well.

If only you and Lzen are interested, perhaps you could take a road trip to one of our gigs and set in. We have lots of friends who show up and jam quite often. We play old traditional blues and some old Chuck Berry style R&R.

Dinny

I like that idea, too. As an exercise, I have been on a side trip with the fender this year and learning all of SRV's stuff, Mr. Dinny Blues. Do you guys play anything by him?

FAX

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Our SRV tune is Pride And Joy.

We do ALOT of Freddie King. Albert and BB Kings, Elmore James, Jimmy Reed, Jimmy Rogers, Jimmy Witherspoon, Jimmy McCracklin, T-Bone Walker, Little Walter, Muddy Waters and a whole bunch of other dead guys I can't think of right now.

Old R&R - Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Elvis, there is actually a Beatles song (Slow Down) that we occasionally do. (I just now realized that, a Beatles song, wiggy...)

Anyway if we have up to a dozen or so jammers, I think one evening indoors would work. I could line up something that size in Jan or Feb pretty easily, unless we are talking multiple Marshall stacks. I'm sure I could find a club that would let us do that and turn it up, but sane db levels are easier to sell to a club owner. My budget is such that I'd rather have a club owner sell some drinks to let us jam than rent a hall somewhere. (Which can be an option if number of jammers warrants)

Dinny

DMAC
12-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Hell of an idea. I'd love to go and try to keep up.

chasedude
12-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Sounds good. I have a bunch of amplifier things and a fender guitar and a thing that you put on the floor with lots of switches and knobs and lights. I'll bring that and a credit card.

FAX

But do those amps go to 11 though? :hmmm:

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 02:54 PM
bass player just got here, sorry I was banging some chick on the back of a tour bus, or was it my wife? You guys want the doghouse, or the pork chop, or should I bring both.

There is no sound like a doghouse. I now have the intro to Rickie Lee's "Easy Money" looping in my brain. I would assume you are used to hauling both, but if you're only bringing one, it's the doghouse.

waaaaaiiiiiiit.... that was a trick question, right?

Are you working regular? Kirk and I have been on an unsuccessful 25 year search for the right bass player. Our winters are slow but from mid-march to mid-november we are going to be monsterously busy. The summertime audiences here at the lake are some of the most beautiful I've seen.

Dinny

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
This should go without saying, so I'm going to type it anyway.

Anyone is more than welcome (presence requested, actually) to make the scene whether you play an instrument or not. And as far as I'm concerned any skilled player that is unable to play competently and professionally with an unskilled player is not actually all that skilled, and is an uncouth uppity besides.

Shake-dancers. Mr. FAX will require LOTS and LOTS of shake-dancers.

Dinny

Bob Dole
12-19-2007, 03:34 PM
For any of us coming in from the south, Springfield is going to work out better than the Lake. It's a long drive anyway.

(Just sayin'...)

FAX
12-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Do we have any Planeteer vocalists, I wonder?

What about Mr. ZepSinger?

FAX

Demonpenz
12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
we could just upload some wav.s

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
For any of us coming in from the south, Springfield is going to work out better than the Lake. It's a long drive anyway.

(Just sayin'...)

I feel ya, man. It has been a long time since I've played in Springfield enough to be chummy with a club owner. Maybe someone down there can think of a place and hook us up. Springburg is fine with me, but my current connects are pretty much here at the lake. The bossman might have an idea about a place down there.

Open to any and all suggestions.

Have deal, will shuffle I always say.

Dinny

FAX
12-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Why don't we have the jam session at Mr. Bob Dole's house? That way, he doesn't have to travel and he can make us snacks and cream corn and stuff.

FAX

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Why don't we have the jam session at Mr. Bob Dole's house? That way, he doesn't have to travel and he can make us snacks and cream corn and stuff.

FAX

Nobody cares what he thinks.

Dinny

Bob Dole
12-19-2007, 05:05 PM

FAX

It wouldn't be the first jam session held at Bob Dole's house. :) It comes in handy having a bass+amp, an electric+amp, and acoustic-electric+amp, keyboard and congas sitting around the house. :)

And Bob Dole has a killer cream corn recipe.

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 05:09 PM
It wouldn't be the first jam session held at Bob Dole's house. :) It comes in handy having a bass+amp, an electric+amp, and acoustic-electric+amp, keyboard and congas sitting around the house. :)

And Bob Dole has a killer cream corn recipe.

If that recipe does not include Frank Tang's Best Good Mushroom then it can't be killer.

Dinny

Buzz
12-19-2007, 05:10 PM
I can play a pretty mean "Smoke on the water" but that's about it...:rolleyes:

Jilly
12-19-2007, 05:13 PM

FAX

yeah...and I can play the flute, every band could use a good flautist, right?

Ok, maybe I can just drink a lot...

stupid flute...mutter mutter mutter...

Mecca
12-19-2007, 05:15 PM
yeah...and I can play the flute, every band could use a good flautist, right?

Ok, maybe I can just drink a lot...

stupid flute...mutter mutter mutter...

What sort of flute....

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 05:16 PM
This should go without saying, so I'm going to type it anyway.

Anyone is more than welcome (presence requested, actually) to make the scene whether you play an instrument or not. And as far as I'm concerned any skilled player that is unable to play competently and professionally with an unskilled player is not actually all that skilled, and is an uncouth uppity besides.

Shake-dancers. Mr. FAX will require LOTS and LOTS of shake-dancers.

Dinny

Also as well, and in addition too, any jammers that want to bring along band members, friends who play, etc. bring them, too.

Dinny

Buzz
12-19-2007, 05:22 PM
What sort of flute....

ROFL That's the first thing that popped into my mind to!

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 05:28 PM

FAX

Absolutely.

I have proof.

Dinny

stonedstooge
12-19-2007, 05:29 PM
You can guess what the stonedstooge can contribute

Bob Dole
12-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Absolutely.

I have proof.

Dinny

Pretty sure "vocalist" is a stretch on both counts.

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Twin Sons Of Different Mothers

Dinny

Bob Dole
12-19-2007, 06:02 PM
Twin Sons Of Different Mothers

Dinny

Sheesh. That was back when Bob Dole got haircuts.

Anyway...if the final date falls on a Saturday, Bob Dole can probably find some musicians to road trip. Bass and sax likely. Vocals and guitar very possible.

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 06:12 PM
I had a Saturday in mind. Start time determined by # of jammers. There is a perfect place up here at the lake that I have in mind, but it is not real large.

Dinny

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 06:30 PM
I propose a Saturday aftrenoon/night in January or February. I have requested Bob Dole's help in posting a poll. Hopefully we will make this thing happen.

Dinny

FAX
12-19-2007, 06:39 PM
I propose a Saturday aftrenoon/night in January or February. I have requested Bob Dole's help in posting a poll. Hopefully we will make this thing happen.

Dinny

February would be preferable so far as I'm concerned, Mr. Dinny Blues.

My January is full.

FAX

Demonpenz
12-19-2007, 06:40 PM
That would be nice if some guys practiced enough that when nzoner throws a party they could play.

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 06:50 PM
February would be preferable so far as I'm concerned, Mr. Dinny Blues.

My January is full.

FAX

There is a plan in place, and it's working. The average planeteer/jammer may not yet be able to see, but mid/end February is looking very promising. Somebody has a relative-in-law that heard something on the radio at a church somewhere that there is a yet to be determined "place" in Sunrise Beach, MO that serves good food and drinks at a reasonable price starting in the afternoon and running till.. well we'll see, and everything will be ooookkaaaaaayyyy

Dinny

FAX
12-19-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm polishing my bottle neck as we speak, Mr. Dinny Blues.

FAX

Dinny Blues
12-19-2007, 07:34 PM

FAX

I suggest all the Elmore James you can get your ears on. He is within reach of us regular folks who wear tennis shoes, or the occasional python boot.

Duane Allman is totally un-stinkin'-fair.

Dinny

Dinny Blues
12-22-2007, 05:52 PM
It can now be revealed.

What: Open stage/mic jamboree chiefsplanet all day entertainment get-together party funk-tango thing.

Where: Neighbor's Landing, 2935 State Highway TT, Sunrise Beach, MO

When: Feb. 23 2008. Start time TBD by # of committed jammers.

Who: Obviously any and all planeteers, jammers or not. Whole bands will be able to perform together, so bring your bandmembers. I am not going to spend any more time typing who descriptions, so if I have forgotten you, consider yourself included as welcome.

All standard jam session etiquette should be followed. If you don't know, ask somebody.

And shake-dancers, we'll need lots and lots of shake-dancers.

Why: To keep from wanting to.

In the interest of maintaining the Neighbor's Landing non-violent atmosphere, all Chiefs Planet disputes will be resolved in a Rock-Paper-Scissors tournament.

Dinny

DBO82
12-22-2007, 05:56 PM
How many official jam session threads is this??

Dinny Blues
12-22-2007, 05:59 PM
How many official jam session threads is this??

That depends on what the definition of "is" is.

Dinny

DBO82
12-22-2007, 06:03 PM
What is standard jam session etiquette?

Dinny Blues
12-22-2007, 06:08 PM
What is standard jam session etiquette?

What musical instrument do you play?

Dinny

DBO82
12-22-2007, 06:09 PM
What musical instrument do you play?

Dinny

Harpsicord.

Dinny Blues
12-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Harpsicord.

What is a harpsicord?

Dinny

DBO82
12-22-2007, 07:01 PM
What is a harpsicord?

Dinny

Bob Dole
12-23-2007, 09:33 AM
If Bob Dole gets a vote, Bob Dole votes for 2/23. :)

Dinny Blues
12-23-2007, 11:41 AM
I would prefer 2/23, as well.

Dinny

Dinny Blues
12-24-2007, 06:31 AM
Can I get a amen from the cheap seats?

Dinny

Bob Dole
12-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Don't make Bob Dole stick this damned thing to get some input.

Phobia
12-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm gonna have to start taking some lessons quickly.

Dinny Blues
12-25-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm gonna have to start taking some lessons quickly.

Why do I remember you as an accomplished drummer? Seems there was a photo somewhere....

Dinny

Extra Point
12-25-2007, 06:04 PM
I'll bring a kick pedal and a cardboard box.

Bob Dole
12-25-2007, 06:17 PM
I'll bring a kick pedal and a cardboard box.

Maybe someone will bring their cajon.

Dinny Blues
12-26-2007, 06:21 AM
Oh, you mean a harpsichord. I had you figured for a piccolo player.

I'm no Ann Landers, but a couple of things you might consider:

1. You will need to bring your harpsichord with you. There is no "house" harpsichord. All other well-seasoned harpsichordists will obviously be bringing theirs. When we set up, all the harpsichordists will get together and decide which harpsichord will be set up for all players to use since a harpsichord is just like having sex with a kangaroo.

2. Simultaneously picking your nose and scratching your ass IS NOT an acceptable display of ambidexterity or limb independence.

Dinny

FAX
12-26-2007, 07:52 PM
I checked with the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX and, as it happens, 2/23 works for me. I don't know where I'm going, though. I assume that someone will provide some sort of GPS assistance at some future point.

By the way, this is the lamest damn jam thread in the history of all lame ass jam threads of all times and then some. No offense, but harpsichords? What kind of jam is this? Is no one going to show up with an axe? Bass players? Vocalists? B-3 and Leslies? Young, blonde, nubile chicks? I'm not signing up for some p*ssified, lame ass jam session with harpsichords. Good God, y'all.

FAX

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 06:47 AM
I checked with the beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX and, as it happens, 2/23 works for me. I don't know where I'm going, though. I assume that someone will provide some sort of GPS assistance at some future point.

By the way, this is the lamest damn jam thread in the history of all lame ass jam threads of all times and then some. No offense, but harpsichords? What kind of jam is this? Is no one going to show up with an axe? Bass players? Vocalists? B-3 and Leslies? Young, blonde, nubile chicks? I'm not signing up for some p*ssified, lame ass jam session with harpsichords. Good God, y'all.

FAX

I think the harpsichord thing is someone just having fun. But if it isn't, and someone actually does bring a harpsichord, there is a sliding glass door at the end of the stage. If we remove the stationary panel, we should be able to bring it in without removing its legs.

I'm hoping lack of thread participationhas more to do with the holidays than anything else. If this thread were stickied, I'm afraid the Planet would be overpopulated with kittens. Perhaps a shameless bump vigil is in order.

In the meantime, for you, with Bob Dole's blessing....

BigRedChief
12-27-2007, 06:49 AM
FAX
WTF FAX? You don't come to Arrowhead but you go to Party Cove in the middle of winter?

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 07:07 AM
WTF FAX? You don't come to Arrowhead but you go to Party Cove in the middle of winter?

Hey BRC, this gives me an idea. Is there room at a tailgate to set up a small 3piece band? As in, guitar, bass and small drum kit?

If so, would it be allowed?

Is there a possibility of organizing a jam at a tailgate?

Disclaimer:
I've never been to Arrowhead. I've never been to a tailgate. I've never been to an NFL game. I've never been to party cove, I wouldn't want anyone copping all my moves.

Dinny

BigRedChief
12-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Hey BRC, this gives me an idea. Is there room at a tailgate to set up a small 3piece band? As in, guitar, bass and small drum kit?

If so, would it be allowed?

Is there a possibility of organizing a jam at a tailgate?

Disclaimer:
I've never been to Arrowhead. I've never been to a tailgate. I've never been to an NFL game. I've never been to party cove, I wouldn't want anyone copping all my moves.

Dinny
Sure, they set up a band every week right by our tailgate. Mainly drums, bongos etc.

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Hmmmmm.

Is there AC power available?

Dinny

BigRedChief
12-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Hmmmmm.

Is there AC power available?

DinnyNope, hence the unplugged instruments.:rolleyes:

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 07:31 AM
We have all acoustic stuff in our arsenal.

We also have in our arsenal PA, amplifiers and drums small and quiet enough to provide background music at a euchre tournament in a cocrete block building with linoleum floors. They were bitching at us to turn it up.

Is bringing a generator allowed? I realize your situation, you and your tailgate neighbors become a community over the years. It would be fun to jam at a tailgate that wouldn't get you thrown outta town.

Dinny

BigRedChief
12-27-2007, 07:40 AM
We have all acoustic stuff in our arsenal.

We also have in our arsenal PA, amplifiers and drums small and quiet enough to provide background music at a euchre tournament in a cocrete block building with linoleum floors. They were bitching at us to turn it up.

Is bringing a generator allowed? I realize your situation, you and your tailgate neighbors become a community over the years. It would be fun to jam at a tailgate that wouldn't get you thrown outta town.

Dinny
Yes, you can bring a generator. Neighbors wouldn't be pissed. Lots of music on game day.

Good idea. We will have to do that next year.

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 07:49 AM
I had no idea there could be jamming at a tailgate.

Wiggy.......

This has to happen.

Dinny

We now return you to the thread already in progress.

Phobia
12-27-2007, 08:09 AM
Why do I remember you as an accomplished drummer? Seems there was a photo somewhere....

Dinny
Accomplished? No. Knows which end of the stick to hit the skin with? Yes. Hasn't really played in nearly 20 years? Yes.

Lzen
12-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Where: Neighbor's Landing, Highway TT, Sunrise Beach, MO

????

I've never even heard of this place.

BTW, from your other thread I have a question about this quote.

[QUOTE=Dinny Blues]If only you and Lzen are interested, perhaps you could take a road trip to one of our gigs and set in. We have lots of friends who show up and jam quite often. We play old traditional blues and some old Chuck Berry style R&R.

Ummmm, while I like blues, I'm much more of a modern rock/metal player. I wouldn't even know how to play old traditional blues and/or Chuck Berry style. Sure, I can kind of learn stuff on the fly sometimes. But it might not sound too great for a little while. ;) My question is do your friends who show up and jam already know some cover tunes that you play? I have learned many songs over the years but forgot how to play most of them. I get into a frenzy of learning a song or 3 or 4 at times and then forget about them. The band I used to be in was all original rock tunes.

Bob Dole
12-27-2007, 09:27 AM

FAX

Bob Dole is bringing a bass player. (At least it's confirmed as much as you can confirm with a musician this far out.)

Demonpenz
12-27-2007, 11:39 AM
????

Ummmm, while I like blues, I'm much more of a modern rock/metal player. I wouldn't even know how to play old traditional blues and/or Chuck Berry style. Sure, I can kind of learn stuff on the fly sometimes. But it might not sound too great for a little while. ;) My question is do your friends who show up and jam already know some cover tunes that you play? I have learned many songs over the years but forgot how to play most of them. I get into a frenzy of learning a song or 3 or 4 at times and then forget about them. The band I used to be in was all original rock tunes.

you should be able to google chuck berry or basic blues patterns then the scales best used to improvise with them unfortunatly i try this and i still sound like a 4th grader on speed

Lzen
12-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Oh, I can play some basic blues solos and stuff. I just don't know covers. Frankly, I'm not really interested in learning any chuck Berry covers. ;)

Demonpenz
12-27-2007, 11:58 AM
haha you kids and your nickleback

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 12:17 PM
????

I'll post an address when I get it.

The blues, IMO, is a simple, basic, raw form of music. Its most basic form is 3 chords, 12 bars, LESS IS MORE. If applied properly, that should get you through 75% of most blues gigs. Count it off, get the feel, jump in and hold on the best you can.

To me, blues drumming is very simple. Just have a catalogue of appropriate beats, select one, determine tempo, lock it down repetitive 'til ya got them suckas hip-mo-tized.

Dinny

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Oh, I can play some basic blues solos and stuff. I just don't know covers. Frankly, I'm not really interested in learning any chuck Berry covers. ;)

I suggest all the Freddie King you can get your hands on. There are several good albums. Eric Clapton plays 2nd guitar for Freddie on one of them, I think it was Texas Cannonball, but I'm not sure. My Feeling For The Blues is another good one.

I'm not suggesting learning Freddie covers. But I beleive there are more guitar players that have borrowed Freddie's licks than even know it.

Dinny

Lzen
12-27-2007, 03:10 PM
I suggest all the Freddie King you can get your hands on. There are several good albums. Eric Clapton plays 2nd guitar for Freddie on one of them, I think it was Texas Cannonball, but I'm not sure. My Feeling For The Blues is another good one.

I'm not suggesting learning Freddie covers. But I beleive there are more guitar players that have borrowed Freddie's licks than even know it.

Dinny

Stevie Ray Vaughn was my favorite. ;)

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 03:30 PM
If you are a fan of SRV, have you heard very much of Albert King?

I hear a huge Albert King influence in Stevie's playing. Especially that double string bend thing. I don't know what to call it, but I know it when I hear it. When I worked with Babe Martin, he used it alot.

Dinny

BigRedChief
12-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughn was my favorite. ;)If you don't like Stevie Ray Vaughn you don't know chit.:harumph:

Halfcan
12-27-2007, 03:50 PM
Put me down as a "Shake Dancer"

Do I have to get undressed??

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 05:17 PM
Neighbor's Landing is located at:

2935 State Road TT
Sunrise Beach, MO

Dinny

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Do I have to get undressed??

Only if you think it will help you win the Rock-Paper-Scissors Tournament.

Dinny

FAX
12-27-2007, 06:05 PM

Well first off, Mr. BigRedChief, I don't know where "Party Cove" is. Second off, I didn't realize that 2/23 was the middle of winter ... will it be icy? Third off, I would love to come to Arrowhead ... it's one of my greatest dreams ... maybe next year. Fourth off, we're talking about jamming. I'm the kind of person who will jam anytime, anywhere.

FAX

Dinny Blues
12-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Fourth off, we're talking about jamming. I'm the kind of person who will jam anytime, anywhere.

FAX

BOMP

TELL EVAHBODY!!!!

BOMP

TELL EVAHBODY!!!!

BOMP

TELLEM MISTAH FAX IS IN TOWN!!!!

BOMP

HE GOTTA DOLLA ANDA QUARTAH!!!!

BOMP..........

Tell it on the mountain, brother. If ya got it inya, it gotta come out.

Dinny

Extra Point
01-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Bump, because it needs to be done.

Dinny Blues
01-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Drew and Lisa are the Neighbor's Landing owners, but are real fine folks in spite of it. Not all bar owners are like Bob at The Country Bunker, just most of them.

Drew makes some excellent baby backs, and Lisa's kitchen has several specialties. Her home-made potato chips are to die foah.

It would be reasonably groovy to get an idea of how many players will attend so we can set a start time.

Bob Dole
01-09-2008, 04:52 PM

FAX

Bob Dole will try to remember to bring the CBG for you to try.

FAX
01-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Bob Dole will try to remember to bring the CBG for you to try.

Are you talking about a cigar box, Mr. Bob Dole? You have one?

FAX

Bob Dole
01-09-2008, 05:06 PM
Are you talking about a cigar box, Mr. Bob Dole? You have one?

FAX

Yes. She's a 3-string peach with a quartz piezo pickup. Sounds pretty decent thru the Pignose.

FAX
01-09-2008, 05:07 PM
Yes. She's a 3-string peach with a quartz piezo pickup. Sounds pretty decent thru the Pignose.

ROFL

Awesome. That would be great. Thanks for thinking of it.

FAX

Bob Dole
01-09-2008, 05:10 PM
ROFL

Awesome. That would be great. Thanks for thinking of it.

FAX

Bob Dole couldn't con John Lowe out of one of his when he came and stayed a couple of years ago, but the local guy who made this one did a fair job.

FAX
01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
How do you keep it tuned, Mr. Bob Dole? If I remember correctly, the last (and only) one I played was tuned AEA. I'll need to practice.

FAX

Bob Dole
01-09-2008, 05:21 PM
How do you keep it tuned, Mr. Bob Dole? If I remember correctly, the last (and only) one I played was tuned AEA. I'll need to practice.

FAX

It gets fiddled with a lot, and Bob Dole can't play the thing. You can tune it however you'd like.

FAX
01-09-2008, 05:26 PM
It gets fiddled with a lot, and Bob Dole can't play the thing. You can tune it however you'd like.

ROFL

I wasn't trying to be nosy, or anything.

There are several different tunings guys use. AEA is probably the most common although I've heard them tuned EEB with the strings really loose and slappy. You know, like the sound a fat girl's thighs make when she's making love in the cotton fields on a summer night.

FAX

xbarretx
01-09-2008, 05:42 PM
nice, maybe a fellow planetteer knows how to play bass and could show me a thing or two. :BLVD: oh and that too.... :toast:

Dinny Blues
01-09-2008, 06:22 PM
YYYYYYYYYAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Dinny Blues
01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
YYYYYYYYYAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I know!

This one has the stars.

Dinny

Dinny Blues
01-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Is everybody all practiced up?

About a month away.

Anybody besides FAX and the senator?

Dinny

Dinny Blues
01-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Hey, FAX.

Dinny

crazycoffey
01-29-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm interested, but work schedule prohibits my confirming attendance at this time. I'll keep my ear to the ground....

stonedstooge
02-07-2008, 10:53 AM
Is the Jam Session still a go? Wondered what was up with it. Anyone have information about who all is going or how many people expected? Is it open to the public as well? More information needed before I make a 100 mile trip to attend.

Dinny Blues
02-07-2008, 11:08 AM
At this point, I think FAX and Bob Dole are the only two who have shown interest.

If that's all there is, it would be better for them to just come and set in at one of our gigs during the season.

Anyone and everyone is more than welcome whether they play or not.

The club is open to the public. It is a Bar&Grill kinda joint. I thought it would be a better idea than renting a hall.

Dinny

Dinny Blues
02-07-2008, 11:14 AM
Actually, our little orchestra is hosting the monthly Lake Of The Ozarks Blues Society jam session at Neighbor's next Tuesday, the 12th beginning at 7PM.

I figured if there wasn't any more interest by then, I'd just tell yous guys and Drew & Lisa to forget it.

I guess we got about five days.

Dinny

FAX
02-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Hey, FAX.

Dinny

Maybe we chalk this one up as a nice try, Mr. Dinny Blues. It's too bad, but it sounds as though we need more player peeps.

My suggestion is that we give it another shot sometime in the summer.

FAX

Dinny Blues
02-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Maybe we chalk this one up as a nice try, Mr. Dinny Blues. It's too bad, but it sounds as though we need more player peeps.

My suggestion is that we give it another shot sometime in the summer.

FAX

This is what I've been thinking. If you were to just show at one of our gigs, you probably get more playing time anyway.

Plus, the atmosphere, scenery and perks are much better in the summertime around here anyway.

Although there could be a ninth inning rally bust out on this thing.

(just what makes that little old ant....)

Dinny

FAX
02-07-2008, 11:42 AM
This is what I've been thinking. If you were to just show at one of our gigs, you probably get more playing time anyway.

Plus, the atmosphere, scenery and perks are much better in the summertime around here anyway.

Although there could be a ninth inning rally bust out on this thing.

(just what makes that little old ant....)

Dinny

Thanks for the invitation, Mr. Dinny Blues. I'd enjoy that. I've actually been invited to a reunion of one of the college bands I played in. I might have to round up some groupies and put together a midwest tour.

FAX

Dinny Blues
02-07-2008, 11:51 AM
We're naming ours the "For What It's Worth '08" this year.

Of course, that's what we name it every year, only the number changes.

Dinny

Extra Point
02-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Who's going to this event? What's the roll call, Dinny?