PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Pages : [1] 2

Bump
12-24-2007, 03:53 AM
Will anybody be watching this new TV series? I know I will, I don't know if it will be good but I love some Terminator!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OjLne16FKmQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OjLne16FKmQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BigRedChief
12-24-2007, 07:12 AM
this is defintely a candidate for the delete because its a "discuss" only post.:)

Miles
12-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I figure it will likely be terrible but I still might give it a chance.

Guru
12-24-2007, 01:29 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174106

Bump
12-25-2007, 10:08 PM
sorry, I tried to search first but it said something like "must have 4 words" or something like that. I'm a big Terminator fan and thought it was pretty new since I saw the commercial for the 1st time the other day.

Blankey
12-26-2007, 09:38 AM
I've already seen the first episode and it was okay. It felt pretty cheesy at times. And where's the feeling of tension if you already know Sarah & John are going to live through it? And are they just going to have a different Terminator going after them every week?
Summer Glau is freaking hot though.

Bump
12-26-2007, 04:23 PM
when is this show on? I didn't know it started already

Lzen
12-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Not sure how he has seen it. It isn't supposed to air until January. I am planning to check out this show. I love the Terminator movies. Hopefully, this won't be an abomination ...... i.e. Flash Gordon on Sci Fi Channel.

meStevo
12-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Pilot has been downloadable online since before this last TV season started.

listopencil
12-28-2007, 09:35 PM
It looked horrible from the TV ads. The latter seasons of Boy Meets World with killer robots.

keg in kc
01-05-2008, 06:14 PM
I just watched next week's premeire episode on Yahoo (http://tv.yahoo.com/terminator-the-sarah-connor-chronicles/show/39221/videos/5821348).

Just like Bionic Woman, it was much better than I expected. This one might have legs.

unlurking
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
When does it start?

Tribal Warfare
01-05-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm not watching this POS of a show period, the whole concept takes away the mystique of the franchise

Deberg_1990
01-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm not watching this POS of a show period, the whole concept takes away the mystique of the franchise

Yea i tend to agree.

They are really watering this franchise down. (especially the first two movies)

Halfcan
01-06-2008, 01:34 PM
lame

Deberg_1990
01-06-2008, 01:37 PM
James Cameron must be thinking:

WTF??

Guru
01-06-2008, 05:03 PM
http://www.fox.com/terminator/

OK, now that is a strange web intro.

Kraus
01-13-2008, 08:16 PM
I thought the first episode was decent.... the show has some promise.

Cochise
01-13-2008, 08:17 PM
only saw the last 15 minutes, but I'll keep watching for now.

Sure-Oz
01-13-2008, 08:22 PM
First episode wasn't bad, definetly seems to take place after T2...it will be something to watch on monday nights now with no football

Lzen
01-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh darn. WAs that on tonight? I missed it.

Tribal Warfare
01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Oh darn. WAs that on tonight? I missed it.

I was goaded in watching it, and as I thought it was lame

Kraus
01-13-2008, 09:14 PM
I think there is another part on tomorrow night. This is about on par with 24, so it'll do.

Bump
01-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I missed it too, forgot about it!

Sure-Oz
01-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I think there is another part on tomorrow night. This is about on par with 24, so it'll do.
YEAH THE 2nd episode is on at 8cst

Frazod
01-13-2008, 11:22 PM
I liked it. Interesting twist with the teenage hottie terminator. I'll keep watching.

chagrin
01-14-2008, 05:08 AM
I thought it was horrible and poorly casted.

Braincase
01-14-2008, 06:34 AM
James Cameron must be thinking:

"PAYDAY!"

FYP

Sure-Oz
01-14-2008, 11:24 AM
I thought it was horrible and poorly casted.
Who wouldve you casted then?

Sure-Oz
01-14-2008, 11:25 AM
I liked it. Interesting twist with the teenage hottie terminator. I'll keep watching.
Wonder how awkward it was for john to see his mother naked and then the robot hottie, knowing she is a damn robot LMAO

siberian khatru
01-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm wondering how they're gonna sustain this over a series. First ep was almost nothing but chase-shootup cars-chase-shootup cars-chase ...

You know the 3 main characters aren't going to die. So you have to turn it from a shoot-em-up action show to a story- and character-driven "Fugitive"-type show.

Maybe they'll keep varying the kinds of bad terminators that pursue them -- give them different strengths and powers.

I could see it all happening that way -- I'm definitely watching Ep. 2 tonight to see how it evolves. I just thought the opener was very one-dimensional. Hopefully that was just a hook.

Sure-Oz
01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
I'm wondering how they're gonna sustain this over a series. First ep was almost nothing but chase-shootup cars-chase-shootup cars-chase ...

You know the 3 main characters aren't going to die. So you have to turn it from a shoot-em-up action show to a story- and character-driven "Fugitive"-type show.

Maybe they'll keep varying the kinds of bad terminators that pursue them -- give them different strengths and powers.

I could see it all happening that way -- I'm definitely watching Ep. 2 tonight to see how it evolves. I just thought the opener was very one-dimensional. Hopefully that was just a hook.
I don't see this show lasting a few seasons, seems more like a mini series than anything. Too bad they made T3, that thing should've been aborted...

this is kinda nice to have since it takes place after T2 basically...

patteeu
01-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Does anyone know how this series is reconciled with T3 where mom was dead and John was an adult sometime around the period in which this series is going to take place (or maybe even a few years earlier)? Should I just accept this as an alternative reality and STFU or should we assume they will eventually go back in time again to pick up the story with Terminator X?

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0181852/DT3-14911R.jpg

Sure-Oz
01-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Does anyone know how this series is reconciled with T3 where mom was dead and John was an adult sometime around the period in which this series is going to take place (or maybe even a few years earlier)? Should I just accept this as an alternative reality and STFU or should we assume they will eventually go back in time again to pick up the story with Terminator X?

http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0181852/DT3-14911R.jpg
I think they pretty much act like T3 doesn't exist, kind've like Rocky 5 doesn't in the Rocky stories, with Rocky Balboa ending it...

Who knows if this even leads to T3...i hated that movie

Frazod
01-14-2008, 12:18 PM
I figured the reason they killed off Sarah Conner in T3 was because Linda Hamilton either refused to participate or demanded too much money. I kind of wondered why they didn't use Edward Furlong as John Conner, as well. I didn't like the new guy.

I didn't think T3 was a bad movie; in fact, I really liked the way it ended - no happy ending, no saving the earth from nuclear holocaust, just accepting grim reality and preparing for the struggle ahead. I did, however, think it was an unnecessary movie. After T2 (much like Aliens) they should have left it the hell alone.

Seems like this new series simply ignores T3, which I have no problem with.

Sure-Oz
01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
I figured the reason they killed off Sarah Conner in T3 was because Linda Hamilton either refused to participate or demanded too much money. I kind of wondered why they didn't use Edward Furlong as John Conner, as well. I didn't like the new guy.

I didn't think T3 was a bad movie; in fact, I really liked the way it ended - no happy ending, no saving the earth from nuclear holocaust, just accepting grim reality and preparing for the struggle ahead. I did, however, think it was an unnecessary movie. After T2 (much like Aliens) they should have left it the hell alone.

Seems like this new series simply ignores T3, which I have no problem with.
T3 wasn't nearly as serious as T2 or T1 imo. It seemed more like a joke and like a silly action flick rather than almost a scifi drama. The TX or whatever was a joke, and nick stohl did suck as john connor. Its over the top imo as well, but the ending wasnt bad but most the movie sucked. Linda Hamilton didn't want to be in it and they probably didn't bother to ask furlong.

Deberg_1990
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
I actually liked T3. Is it as good as the first two? Of course not, but it was still very well made. The action was was good, it had a decent story and i even liked Stohl as Conner.

The only scenes i didnt like were the Terminator silly scenes like the one in the strip club.

Kraus
01-14-2008, 01:24 PM
I believe John is in his mid-20's during T3, while in this he is high school (16-18?). I guess it could still fit in. We'll see where it goes.

I actually enjoyed T3 too and thought Stahl was good as John.

Anybody heard about Christian Bale being cast as John in T4?

http://digg.com/movies/Confirmed_Christian_Bale_to_Star_in_Terminator_4

keg in kc
01-14-2008, 02:03 PM
As I understand it, the proposed 4th Terminator is the first movie in a reboot trilogy, and while Bale will be John Conner, it will only be a minor role in the initial film.

cookster50
01-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I thought last nights episode was decent. I'll watch again next week.

Sure-Oz
01-15-2008, 01:13 PM
It was a good episode last night and had something to build on, atleast ive got my monday night show now.

BigRedChief
01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
It was good. Not as good as 24 but a nice subsitute. I'll watch next week.

Tribal Warfare
01-15-2008, 01:22 PM
I think they pretty much act like T3 doesn't exist, kind've like Rocky 5 doesn't in the Rocky stories, with Rocky Balboa ending it...

Who knows if this even leads to T3...i hated that movie

This series sucks balls too

Rausch
01-15-2008, 01:27 PM
As I understand it, the proposed 4th Terminator is the first movie in a reboot trilogy,

I hate when they do this $#it. If you can't write your movie with the existing storyline intact then don't bother ****ing with it....

Fruit Ninja
01-15-2008, 08:45 PM
It was good. Not as good as 24 but a nice subsitute. I'll watch next week.
Almost anything is better then Season 6 of 24. That shit was horrible to watch. There were a few good episodes, but overall, it was a huge huge letdown. To bad they couldnt redeem themselves with season 7. Damned Writers strike.

Anyways. This show is pretty damned good imo. Its going to be interesting to see what happens thats for damned sure. I wonder if he falls for that robot protector of his. She did say she was a different kind of Terminator and she did eat the damned chip. lol

Also, That guy in the beg of episode one that was Sarah Connors boyfriend, well his wife is a terminator you can bet on it.

Tribal Warfare
01-15-2008, 08:48 PM
I wonder if he falls for that robot protector of his. She did say she was a different kind of Terminator and she did eat the damned chip. lol

Claire Danes' character will be obsolete if that happens, too many flaws in this series to get interested in it.

Guru
01-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Claire Danes' character will be obsolete if that happens, too many flaws in this series to get interested in it.
I don't think they are recognizing that 3rd trash movie at all. They are just running with T1 and 2 here.

Tribal Warfare
01-15-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't think they are recognizing that 3rd trash movie at all. They are just running with T1 and 2 here.

Then why use Sarah Conner dying of Cancer tagline then, plus the time jump into the future give me a F*CKIN break when they stated in the 1st Terminator that only one can go at a time.

Guru
01-15-2008, 11:12 PM
Then why use Sarah Conner dying of Cancer tagline then, plus the time jump into the future give me a F*CKIN break when they stated in the 1st Terminator that only one can go at a time.
I hated the whole, a robot head will still function and call the body, crap!!! Like the government would not have had the body in a 10' thick steel box by then.

Considering the improvements to the T series robots, I can give them a little bit of latitude on the more than one jumping now. Technology improved the second time around.

Fruit Ninja
01-16-2008, 12:43 AM
I never seen part 3, so i dont give a shit. I just know i like this show.

Guru
01-16-2008, 12:47 AM
I never seen part 3, so i dont give a shit. I just know i like this show.

I like it minus the head crap.

You just like the hot terminator chick though.
:D

Fruit Ninja
01-16-2008, 06:06 AM
I like it minus the head crap.

You just like the hot terminator chick though.
:D
That plus, her kicking the other terminator's ass. That was awesome. I am calling it now. John is going to dip his peepee into the Terminator at some point. lol

cookster50
01-16-2008, 08:03 AM
I wonder if he falls for that robot protector of his. She did say she was a different kind of Terminator and she did eat the damned chip. lol

My theory is that she was once a human. I think she is his future wife.

Sure-Oz
01-16-2008, 10:14 AM
T3 should'nt even be mentioned at all in this series, they probbaly just borrowed the cancer from it and thats it. T3 should've never happend.

Lzen
03-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Well, I liked the show. The season ender was a little anticlimatic. But I still believe it has promise. Hopefully, they will bring it back for another season.

Fruit Ninja
03-06-2008, 03:02 PM
It wasnt a real season ender though. It was supposed to just be a good episode going into a few weeks break. Writers strike made it into a season ender. This show has kicked major ass. I really am enjoying it.

Guru
03-06-2008, 10:44 PM
I was a little disappointed with the finale. I liked the scene with John seeing his dad as a kid though.

Fruit Ninja
03-06-2008, 10:45 PM
I was a little disappointed with the finale. I liked the scene with John seeing his dad as a kid though.

It wasnt a real finale though. It was just supposed to be a mid season few weeks break.

Rausch
03-06-2008, 10:51 PM
My theory is that she was once a human. I think she is his future wife.

My prediction is she's the one that kills him.

We know some terminator does. It would be logical then to turn the only terminator you've come to 100% completely trust. Plus it solidifies him as the messianic figure. He knows he's giving up a normal life to be some huge leader, but is he willing to play out the whole game and die (knowing how he will die) to do it?

DaneMcCloud
03-07-2008, 11:21 AM
My prediction is she's the one that kills him.

We know some terminator does. It would be logical then to turn the only terminator you've come to 100% completely trust. Plus it solidifies him as the messianic figure. He knows he's giving up a normal life to be some huge leader, but is he willing to play out the whole game and die (knowing how he will die) to do it?

Someone in the future kills John Connor? I'd never heard that before. Is that particular storyline still valid, with the upcoming Terminator trilogy starring Christian Bale as John Connor?

Cochise
03-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Is it over? I'm a few eps behind on the DVR. The writing could have been better but what I've watched wasn't terrible.

siberian khatru
03-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I thought the show got better and better as it went along. They certainly answered the fears and questions I had at the beginning.

It's not BSG, but it's still worthwhile. Can't wait for new eps.

Sure-Oz
03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Well i read that wasn't supposed to be the original finale to season 1. The writers strike pretty much made that the ending...they are going to use the original finale as a way to start season 2. Season 2 is not yet confirmed and they say to wait on a press release in May, the stars seem to think there will be a season 2. Fox is famous for pre-emptying shows or cancelling them all together, ex: family guy, dark angel etc...

Rumors i read that it would return in the fall....i love the show so far.

Sure-Oz
03-09-2008, 09:26 PM
It wasnt a real finale though. It was just supposed to be a mid season few weeks break.

Are you sure its a "break" because it seems like that will be the end of the season for now...and they will start the finale as season 2 based off what i read. Unless you can find something that says otherwise...

patteeu
03-09-2008, 10:54 PM
I thought the show got better and better as it went along. They certainly answered the fears and questions I had at the beginning.

It's not BSG, but it's still worthwhile. Can't wait for new eps.

That's what I was thinking. It got better as it went along.

Tribal Warfare
03-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Someone in the future kills John Connor?

Arnold's Terminator model does

Fruit Ninja
03-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Are you sure its a "break" because it seems like that will be the end of the season for now...and they will start the finale as season 2 based off what i read. Unless you can find something that says otherwise... Fox ordered 8 episodes. IF the ratings were good. They then would have ordered a full season and they would have filmed the rest. Writers strike happened, and it went on to long. ALOT of tv shows got cut short because of this. So Episode 8 became the season finale because of the writers strike.

Chiefmanwillcatch
03-10-2008, 01:19 AM
Sounds too girly. Never watched it.

Fruit Ninja
03-10-2008, 01:40 AM
how the **** does robots killing humans= girly?

cookster50
03-10-2008, 06:51 AM
Watched the finale last night, either it ran a little over it's time slot or I didn't record long enough. If you haven't watched it yet, don't read on. Last I saw, the Kester fellow and the FBI agent where staring at each other pointing guns at each other after Kester totally wiped out the rest of the agents. What happened?

Baby Lee
03-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Watched the finale last night, either it ran a little over it's time slot or I didn't record long enough. If you haven't watched it yet, don't read on. Last I saw, the Kester fellow and the FBI agent where staring at each other pointing guns at each other after Kester totally wiped out the rest of the agents. What happened?

Kester walked off without smoking the other FBI agent.
Mom remembered John's birthday all along [did you really think I would forget, blah, blah].
Send hotbot out to pick up a cake. Start the H2, H2 go BOOOMMMM!!!!

patteeu
03-10-2008, 07:30 AM
how the **** does robots killing humans= girly?

Is it not a musical?

Lzen
03-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Is it not a musical?
ROFL
Terminator: The Musical.

cookster50
03-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Kester walked off without smoking the other FBI agent.
Mom remembered John's birthday all along [did you really think I would forget, blah, blah].
Send hotbot out to pick up a cake. Start the H2, H2 go BOOOMMMM!!!!

Thanks

Adept Havelock
03-10-2008, 12:51 PM
ROFL
Terminator: The Musical.

Hey, people said the same thing about...

Sure-Oz
03-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Is it not a musical?

ROFL no

Cochise
03-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Trivia: the English guy that Derek Reese smoked in the alley is Gaz in Call of Duty 4.

Lzen
03-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Trivia: the English guy that Derek Reese smoked in the alley is Gaz in Call of Duty 4.

No kidding? Huh. Cool.

Buck
08-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Sorry to bring this thread up for this, but I am really considering purchasing this show on Blu-Ray.

I have some very important questions before I do so.

A.) Is it the kind of show with many action scenes, including explosions and car chases? Also, does it take place a lot outdoors? Would you consider it visually stunning?

B.) Is it coming back for a second season?

C.) How many episodes was season one?

Thanks

Fruit Ninja
08-29-2008, 06:20 PM
Alot of out door. Its not all that visually stunning, but its done fairly well.

I loved the show. I would absolutely buy it. Since your posting in this thread thinking about it. I highly doubt you would be disappointed in the show.

There will be a 2nd season.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Alot of out door. Its not all that visually stunning, but its done fairly well.

I loved the show. I would absolutely buy it. Since your posting in this thread thinking about it. I highly doubt you would be disappointed in the show.

There will be a 2nd season.

This show bastardized the whole franchise more so than T-3, at least T-3 kept true to rules of time travel that were layed down. The series is going to die when Heroes comes back in full swing.

Buck
08-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Well Tribals post isnt showing up but he said that this show bastardizes the story more than T3...I found out its only 9 episodes. Im not getting it, and If I do it'll be on DVD

Fruit Ninja
08-29-2008, 06:52 PM
This show bastardized the whole franchise more so than T-3, at least T-3 kept true to rules of time travel that were layed down. The series is going to die when Heroes comes back in full swing.

Heroes season 2 was a freaking joke.

The T series i thought was awesome. I was actually looking foward to it each week. I couldnt say the same for Heroes last year. When Heroes came on last year, i was happy it was 1 hour until Chuck.

Fruit Ninja
08-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Well Tribals post isnt showing up but he said that this show bastardizes the story more than T3...I found out its only 9 episodes. Im not getting it, and If I do it'll be on DVD

Download a few torrents of it to check it out.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Heroes season 2 was a freaking joke.

The T series i thought was awesome. I was actually looking foward to it each week. I couldnt say the same for Heroes last year. When Heroes came on last year, i was happy it was 1 hour until Chuck.

Heroes season 3 is suppose to go back to the basics with more Sylar kicking ass. Like I said if one has had a lobotomy,and forgot what happened in Terminator and T2, I guess some people would like it.

Sure-Oz
08-29-2008, 07:04 PM
I think the sarah connor chronicles will be back for a 2nd season, i enjoyed the show in HD, but its not necessary to own on bluray but if you got the money go for it. I will be ready for season 2, it was fun

Fruit Ninja
08-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Heroes season 3 is suppose to go back to the basics with more Sylar kicking ass. Like I said if one has had a lobotomy,and forgot what happened in Terminator and T2, I guess some people would like it.

Show me first. I have heard of alot of shows that supposedly went back to the basics but never work out.

I just learned not to believe everything i heard. I know people want to believe it, but show me first.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Show me first. I have heard of alot of shows that supposedly went back to the basics but never work out.

You don't need to show me that TSC is bigtime abortion, jesus they're ruining franchise before my eyes.

Buck
08-29-2008, 07:18 PM
FWIW, I was at Comic-Con when they showed the first hour of the Season Premiere of Heroes, and it was the shit.

Fruit Ninja
08-30-2008, 02:01 AM
You don't need to show me that TSC is bigtime abortion, jesus they're ruining franchise before my eyes.

T3 ruined everything. The show hasnt. The show is acting as if T3 never took place and it probably never should have.

The only thing good about T3 was Claire Danes.

Silock
08-30-2008, 02:08 AM
Bastardizing the franchise? I really don't know what you're talking about. It's a good series, IMO.

Guru
08-30-2008, 02:30 AM
Sorry to bring this thread up for this, but I am really considering purchasing this show on Blu-Ray.

I have some very important questions before I do so.

A.) Is it the kind of show with many action scenes, including explosions and car chases? Also, does it take place a lot outdoors? Would you consider it visually stunning?

B.) Is it coming back for a second season?

C.) How many episodes was season one?

Thanks

Good show. a lot of outside stuff. Not visually stunning but that can change since it is coming back for a second season.

I think it was only 8 eps though.

DaneMcCloud
08-30-2008, 02:33 AM

What???? How so?

First off, they setup Christian Bale as John Connor. They moved his character forward in time as to set the timeline up accurately.

Secondly, there was never a mention of JC's specific gifts in T1 or T2. The series has clearly set in motion the idea that he wasn't a threat because of military expertise but because he's a genius computer hacker (i.e., Skynet).

So given all that, what's your problem with the SCC?

Guru
08-30-2008, 03:03 AM
What???? How so?

First off, they setup Christian Bale as John Connor. They moved his character forward in time as to set the timeline up accurately.

Secondly, there was never a mention of JC's specific gifts in T1 or T2. The series has clearly set in motion the idea that he wasn't a threat because of military expertise but because he's a genius computer hacker (i.e., Skynet).

So given all that, what's your problem with the SCC?

It makes a hell of a lot more sense than anything they did in T3.

chiefs1111
08-30-2008, 03:30 AM
Im looking forward to the new season myself....

Guru
08-30-2008, 03:41 AM
The only thing that really bugged me about the female terminator in the series was how well she passed as a teenage student and then, once she revealed herself to JC, she lost all her human mannerisms.

Fruit Ninja
08-30-2008, 03:44 AM
The only thing that really bugged me about the female terminator in the series was how well she passed as a teenage student and then, once she revealed herself to JC, she lost all her human mannerisms.

Not everything can be perfect. Even before that she didnt really have human mannerisms to begin with. All her answers were fairly vague, but she did have a little bit more emotion then she does in the later episodes.

Guru
08-30-2008, 03:47 AM
Not everything can be perfect. Even before that she didnt really have human mannerisms to begin with. All her answers were fairly vague, but she did have a little bit more emotion then she does in the later episodes.
You said it better. That was exactly it.

Tribal Warfare
08-30-2008, 03:49 AM
What???? How so?

Okay in the very 1st Termintor, Reese ( Michael Biehn) said only one can come through the time warp at a time, and when they are transported at the designation assigned they stay at the period forever. Now lets come to TSCC, in the very 1st episode all of three of them infiltrated cyberdine who supposedly have a better time machine then compared to future technology that can't warp into the future but traveling to past is easy as cake . If they can timeskip into the future (1998 to the present) then by this logic the machines could send a legion of Terminators from 2029 to kill Sarah and John in 1984 or 1995. I know you rub shoulders with some of these guys tell them that they F*CKED UP bigtime.

Sure-Oz
08-30-2008, 03:50 AM
T3 ruined everything. The show hasnt. The show is acting as if T3 never took place and it probably never should have.

The only thing good about T3 was Claire Danes.

Agreed....t3 was a pile of shit...

Fruit Ninja
08-30-2008, 04:01 AM
Okay in the very 1st Termintor, Reese ( Michael Biehn) said only one can come through the time warp at a time, and when they are transported at the designation assigned they stay at the period forever. Now lets come to TSCC, in the very 1st episode all of three of them infiltrated cyberdine who supposedly have a better time machine then compared to future technology that can't warp into the future but traveling to past is easy as cake . If they can timeskip into the future (1998 to the present) then by this logic the machines could send a legion of Terminators from 2029 to kill Sarah and John in 1984 or 1995. I know you rub shoulders with some of these guys tell them that they F*CKED UP bigtime.

So why couldnt they go back even further in the T1 episode and kill Sarah Conner when she was a kid? Or even a little further then they did when the first Terminator started. You could also say that as a few years went on their technology advanced. They went from the Arnold Model to the Liquid Metal. Shit happens.

Also, its just a freaking TV show, it doesnt have to be all that deep. You could pick about ANY TV show or movie and ball them all bullshit.

Tribal Warfare
08-30-2008, 04:04 AM
So why couldnt they go back even further in the T1 episode and kill Sarah Conner when she was a kid? So that would make the whole terminator series ****ed up before it even started.

Ask James Cameron on that one, but I'm just stating the ridiculous error in the storyline that was set up by the producers. Cameron set the rules, but the producers of TSCC chose to ignore this.

Fruit Ninja
08-30-2008, 04:13 AM
Ask James Cameron on that one, but I'm just stating the ridiculous error in the storyline that was set up by the producers. Cameron set the rules, but the producers of TSCC chose to ignore this.

Ask him what? Any movie with time travel will be flawed. You can always go back to, well why didnt you go back in time a little more and kill her when it was easy. Your just nitpicking.

Tribal Warfare
08-30-2008, 04:13 AM
Also, its just a freaking TV show, it doesnt have to be all that deep.

for the average fan yes, but I've been a hardcore Terminator fan since I saw T1. Hell, if I was writing the TSCC . I wouldn't do the time warp thing. I'd have a privately funded military hunting John and Sarah which are powered/guided by the A.I. system that becomes self aware. This would take place right after T2, then you one could go to the storyline of trying to find the alternate backup of the A.I. system that Miles Dyson created.

Tribal Warfare
08-30-2008, 04:15 AM
Ask him what? Any movie with time travel will be flawed. You can always go back to, well why didnt you go back in time a little more and kill her when it was easy. Your just nitpicking.

No, I'm not it's a legitimate concern and F*CK UP, ooh the can time warp multiple people in the past, but the machines can't send an army to kill John and Sarah.

Sure-Oz
08-30-2008, 04:50 AM
Speaking of great shows, im still up watchng season 2 of 24, with 3 eps left....

Guru
08-30-2008, 05:18 AM
Speaking of great shows, im still up watchng season 2 of 24, with 3 eps left....
If only they would get rid of all the cougar scenes.:doh!:

Sure-Oz
08-30-2008, 05:23 AM
If only they would get rid of all the cougar scenes.:doh!:

LMAO

Guru
08-30-2008, 05:29 AM
I rewatched season 6 of 24 and liked it much better than when it originally aired. I think just watching the whole thing in one quick shot made a difference.

Sure-Oz
08-30-2008, 03:18 PM
I rewatched season 6 of 24 and liked it much better than when it originally aired. I think just watching the whole thing in one quick shot made a difference.

Yeah im catching up big time, i have all 6 seasons on dvd....season 2 kicked ass, will start season 3 tomorrow.

Fruit Ninja
08-30-2008, 04:02 PM

They did have some good episodes. The fight with Baurer and Fayid was awesome. I loved the way he killed him. lol

Guru
08-30-2008, 05:16 PM
They did have some good episodes. The fight with Baurer and Fayid was awesome. I loved the way he killed him. lol
That sequence was stellar!!!!

DaneMcCloud
08-31-2008, 03:47 AM
Yeah im catching up big time, i have all 6 seasons on dvd....season 2 kicked ass, will start season 3 tomorrow.

Season 3 is much better, Season 4 even better than 3 and Season 5 just kicks all kinds of ass that's just better left unsaid.

Season 6? Huuuuuuuuuuuuge disappointment.

Fortunately, all involved know it and season 7 should be a huge improvement.

Enjoy!

Sure-Oz
09-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Season 3 is much better, Season 4 even better than 3 and Season 5 just kicks all kinds of ass that's just better left unsaid.

Season 6? Huuuuuuuuuuuuge disappointment.

Fortunately, all involved know it and season 7 should be a huge improvement.

Enjoy!

Yeah we are about on the 4th ep. of season 3 and hope to catch up to 7 sometme soon. I will DVR the season 7 eps as well if i have to. I have to rent or buy season 6 eventaully since i own seasons 1-5

BTW-on topic question, when does SCC season 2 start again?

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2008, 01:14 AM
Yeah we are about on the 4th ep. of season 3 and hope to catch up to 7 sometme soon. I will DVR the season 7 eps as well if i have to. I have to rent or buy season 6 eventaully since i own seasons 1-5

BTW-on topic question, when does SCC season 2 start again?

Monday, 9/8/2008

Fruit Ninja
09-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Monday, 9/8/2008

Son of a Bitch, i didnt think it was next week. This is good though. Entourage on the 7th, and SCC on the 8th. yay.

Mr. Plow
09-03-2008, 09:04 AM
The wife & I just started watching the reruns this summer of SCC. I'm not totally convinced I like the show, but I like it enough to keep watching. I'm trying to get through the end of season 1 so that I'm not confused going into season 2.

DaneMcCloud
09-03-2008, 04:14 PM
The wife & I just started watching the reruns this summer of SCC. I'm not totally convinced I like the show, but I like it enough to keep watching. I'm trying to get through the end of season 1 so that I'm not confused going into season 2.

Because of writer's strike, only 8 episodes were completed. The ending is rather truncated because of that but I expect great things from season 2.

There's so much the writers can do in that universe.

Fruit Ninja
09-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Writers strike messed up the flow of quite a few shows. It is what it is and people should understand that i guess. Yeah right huh?

Tribal Warfare
09-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Because of writer's strike, only 8 episodes were completed. The ending is rather truncated because of that but I expect great things from season 2.

There's so much the writers can do in that universe.

Yeah, because they decided to ignore the rules laid down by T1 and James Cameron :banghead:

Adept Havelock
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Monday, 9/8/2008

Good deal. I enjoyed last season.

Fruit Ninja
09-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Yeah, because they decided to ignore the rules laid down by T1 and James Cameron :banghead:

Still on about that? hah

Tribal Warfare
09-03-2008, 05:34 PM
Still on about that? hah

I just want to strangle the writer/producer who pitched this idea. Okay if you want to eliminate T3 they should've implied it was just a huge dream sequence that John had, which would correlate well due to the Sarah Connor nightmare in the beginning of T2.

Sure-Oz
09-03-2008, 05:40 PM
I just want to strangle the writer/producer who pitched this idea. Okay if you want to eliminate T3 they should've implied it was just a huge dream sequence that John had, which would correlate well due to the Sarah Connor nightmare in the beginning of T2.
It's like my fav. show smallville, seperate universe from movies....

T3 was a pos, im suprised arnold did it

Tribal Warfare
09-03-2008, 05:43 PM
It's like my fav. show smallville, seperate universe from movies....

T3 was a pos, im suprised arnold did it

I don't disagree with the T3 thing, but their are better ways that show could've been written, and still maintain the rules that Cameron made.

Sure-Oz
09-04-2008, 12:24 AM
I don't disagree with the T3 thing, but their are better ways that show could've been written, and still maintain the rules that Cameron made.

I havent watched the T movies in awhile, but what specific rules are you speaking of?

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 12:45 AM
I havent watched the T movies in awhile, but what specific rules are you speaking of?

Okay, Reese ( John's dad) said that only one can come through and can't go back into the future when he was explaining that only organic tissue can time warp sufficiently.

Sure-Oz
09-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Okay, Reese ( John's dad) said that only one can come through and can't go back into the future when he was explaining that only organic tissue can time warp sufficiently.
LOL, yeah they ****ed that up pretty good

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 12:58 AM
LOL, yeah they ****ed that up pretty good

Now you know why I'm pissed. If they wanted to eliminate T3 from memory then they should've made that into a huge nightmare that John woke up from, and start from scratch there.

Sure-Oz
09-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Now you know why I'm pissed. If they wanted to eliminate T3 from memory then they should've made that into a huge nightmare that John woke up from, and start from scratch there.

Agreed...i wonder what the new Terminator movie will be like too, Bale is in it but i still wonder

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2008, 01:16 AM

They could have explained that away with one sentence but were waiting for Warner Brothers new take on the Terminator series. I fully expect an explanation.

Agreed...i wonder what the new Terminator movie will be like too, Bale is in it but i still wonder

Well, they've already said that there will be differences. This will be explained in a voice-over by John Connor:

"This isn't the future my mother warned me about. It's somehow different".

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 01:25 AM
They could have explained that away with one sentence but were waiting for Warner Brothers new take on the Terminator series. I fully expect an explanation.

Cool, I would love to hear the explanation how 3 organics can time warp through the future at once, but the machines can't send a legion of Terminators to eliminate Sarah and John in the past.

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Cool, I would love to hear the explanation how 3 organics can time warp through the future at once, but the machines can't send a legion of Terminators to eliminate Sarah and John in the past.

Don't shoot me, Dude,

I'm just the messenger.

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 01:32 AM

I wonder if they will give Bale blue eye contacts because Reese said that John has Sarah's eyes

Guru
09-04-2008, 03:54 AM
I wonder if they will give Bale blue eye contacts because Reese said that John has Sarah's eyes
Certainly you wouldn't be that critical?:spock:

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Certainly you wouldn't be that critical?:spock:

Hey, it goes along with the origin movie with T1, and Linda Hamilton has been confirmed to make an appearance in Salvation. Though it isn't nearly as bad compared to TSCC is doing. If one doesn't respect the foundation of the franchise then the whole series starts to become ridiculous.

Guru
09-04-2008, 04:51 AM
Hey, it goes along with the origin movie with T1, and Linda Hamilton has been confirmed to make an appearance in Salvation. Though it isn't nearly as bad compared to TSCC is doing. If one doesn't respect the foundation of the franchise then the whole series starts to become ridiculous.
I can respect that. Even though I enjoyed the first two movies, I don't care enough to be upset over the timeline change and story gaffe. It entertains me and that is good enough. Especially since I didn't get my 24 fix last year.

Miles
09-04-2008, 06:03 AM

The first movie was one of my favorites growing up but I still enjoy the series. If only organic tissue can come back, how does the liquid metal in T2 work?

Mr. Plow
09-04-2008, 07:49 AM
Man Tribal. You must love this Terminator series. I'm a "I go to enjoy the movie" person not a "I'm going to pick a movie a part" person.

Maybe that's why I have to come here to get all the Lost inside info....all the crap I missed.....the tiny etching on the wall behind the desk that meant Jack was actually born on the island. I'm starting to think I should pay more attention to stuff like this.

Sure-Oz
09-04-2008, 12:59 PM

Are you a die hard Terminator fan? I understand the points you are making, i guess i dont care nearly as much about every detail, but i def. would like them to get it right.

I do agree, a shitload of terminators just need to blow everyone up lol....they should explain that but i guess they assume most of dont care much and just want entertainment.

I'd be upset if the movie was like that

Sure-Oz
09-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I can respect that. Even though I enjoyed the first two movies, I don't care enough to be upset over the timeline change and story gaffe. It entertains me and that is good enough. Especially since I didn't get my 24 fix last year.

I love 24, im almost done with season 3, well about half..im so glad im catching up, cause id hate to wait week to week with those damn cliffhangers. I heard rumors that they could make a 24 movie eventually...id assume when the series is over.

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 03:42 PM
The first movie was one of my favorites growing up but I still enjoy the series. If only organic tissue can come back, how does the liquid metal in T2 work?

It can synthesize organic tissue to a point, which would give that passable human appearence on sight and touch.

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Are you a die hard Terminator fan

Man Tribal. You must love this Terminator series

Ever since I was a little kid, Arnold and the Terminator series were my favorites growing up. When your 10 years old and watching T2 in the theaters, one can't help tbecoming a fan of the franchise.

Sure-Oz
09-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Ever since I was a little kid, Arnold and the Terminator series were my favorites growing up. When your 10 years old and watching T2 in the theaters, one can't help tbecoming a fan of the franchise.

It's all good....I have Terminator vs Robocop comics still

Along with Predator vs Batman, Predator vs Superman comics

DaneMcCloud
09-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Hey, it goes along with the origin movie with T1, and Linda Hamilton has been confirmed to make an appearance in Salvation.

This is untrue.

It was a stunt pulled by her agent to get her cast.

False rumor.

Sure-Oz
09-04-2008, 05:46 PM
This is untrue.

It was a stunt pulled by her agent to get her cast.

False rumor.

Yeah, i heard she wanted to be in it, but they said no

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
going further if they did the Terminator nightmare reboot with TSCC to eliminate T3, and wanted Terminators with a strong influx of skynet authority they should've used the fact that could of copied and backed up another A.I. C.P.U. since when they entered cyberdine the codes were changed, and doing a contingency plan incase the worst case scenario occured with losing all data of the project. The A.I. then of course becomes self aware but it doesn't initiate the bombing codes, instead it searches for the Connors to kill them. The Terminators that are sent after them can only attack at night due to the rudimentary synthetic skin technology. Though at 1st one doesn't see the Terminators, the Connors will be chased by a privately funded Military that also signed a waiver opf the possibilty of replacing body limbs with robotic parts, which woud be the genesis of the Terminator models.This would cohere to what Arnold said about detailed files of human anatomy in his memory base.

Shag
09-04-2008, 06:59 PM
It can synthesize organic tissue to a point, which would give that passable human appearence on sight and touch.

I'm not up on Terminator lore, but something made of metal isn't organic, even if it looks and feels organic. Given what you've posted so far, that seems like at least as big a departure from the "rules" as sending multiple people is...

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm not up on Terminator lore, but something made of metal isn't organic, even if it looks and feels organic. Given what you've posted so far, that seems like at least as big a departure from the "rules" as sending multiple people is...

not "feels like" actual generation of the epithelium.

Shag
09-05-2008, 05:47 PM
I happened to stumble across someone else discussing this, and saw this link: http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

Prior to the release of the TV series The Sarah Connor Chronicles a interview with writer of the show, Josh Friedman were published.[1]:

* Josh Friedman states that the TV series is set in an alternate timeline, which means the timeline of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines is not "ceasing" to exist, but it has never occurred from the TV series point of view. The pilot of the show begins four years after the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Tribal Warfare
09-05-2008, 05:49 PM
I happened to stumble across someone else discussing this, and saw this link: http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline

yet they decided to neglect Cameron's rules of time travel, for their little fantasy world to exist.

Fruit Ninja
09-05-2008, 06:54 PM
yet they decided to neglect Cameron's rules of time travel, for their little fantasy world to exist.

**** Camerons rule of time travel. Show imo is still fun to watch. lol

Tribal Warfare
09-06-2008, 12:36 AM

:banghead: and people wonder why Hollywood is producing regurgitated shit these days

Deberg_1990
09-06-2008, 10:53 AM
:banghead: and people wonder why Hollywood is producing regurgitated shit these days

Exactly. I cant bring myself to watch this show. It waters down and trivializes a great concept.

BTW? Why would Sara put John in public school? WTF??? Thats not exactly laying low.

Adept Havelock
09-06-2008, 12:07 PM

Pretty much my take as well.

I'm not going to turn my back on a fun show just because they broke "canon".

Tribal Warfare
09-06-2008, 09:34 PM
I also believe they should've made Arnold the villain in T3, and bring in a female Terminator or another human protector to help John and Sarah to survive.

Fruit Ninja
09-06-2008, 09:36 PM

Except for the fact that its not shit and the storyline is interesting. If it was cheesy and just sucked, then you would have a valid arguement, but its not and so you dont.

Tribal Warfare
09-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Except for the fact that its not shit and the storyline is interesting. .

ROFL, 90210 with cyborgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2008, 02:33 AM

Maybe because it was a better idea for a series than the other 50 pilots shot that season?

No offense, but you're taking this waaaaaaaaaay to seriously.

We're going to have to petition the mods to change your name to TribalGoChiefs.

Tribal Warfare
09-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Maybe because it was a better idea for a series than the other 50 pilots shot that season?

No offense, but you're taking this waaaaaaaaaay to seriously.

We're going to have to petition the mods to change your name to TribalGoChiefs.

I assume you didn't receive a viable answer?

Fruit Ninja
09-07-2008, 01:37 PM
ROFL, 90210 with cyborgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How? They have 1 person i find thats hot in the show. Thats the terminator teenager chick, but she has 0 personality on the show. You ****ing trippen man.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2008, 01:45 PM
I assume you didn't receive a viable answer?

Which question, Bro?

Tribal Warfare
09-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Which question, Bro?

About the multiple organics traveling to the future at once while the machines in the future can't send a legion of Terminators to the past to kill Sarah and John.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2008, 02:52 PM
About the multiple organics traveling to the future at once while the machines in the future can't send a legion of Terminators to the past to kill Sarah and John.

Well, they've sent multiple Terminators back to kill him last season, right?

Tribal Warfare
09-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Well, they've sent multiple Terminators back to kill him last season, right?

Again I haven't been watching the serries that diligently due to total disregard of Cameron's framework.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Again I haven't been watching the serries that diligently due to total disregard of Cameron's framework.

It's really a cool series.

Due to the writer's strike, there were only 8 episodes. This season will have a full compliment of 24.

I'd highly recommend it, even though you're bummed about that flaw, which can be easily explained with one simple line (much like the upcoming Terminator series with Christian Bale).

Sure-Oz
09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
Starts tomorrow night, i think at 7pm cst

I will be DVR'ing while watching MNF

keg in kc
09-08-2008, 12:30 AM
DVR's set.

Also have it set for 'Fringe' on Tuesday night.

Mr. Plow
09-08-2008, 09:25 AM
DVR's set.

I'm thinking about catching that one as well.

Guru
09-08-2008, 09:32 AM
DVR's set.

I am vowing to not start any new shows this year.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 01:01 PM
I am vowing to not start any new shows this year.

That's the new JJ Abrams show, creator of "Lost".

You might want to set the DVR, just in case you hear it's awesome.

Fruit Ninja
09-08-2008, 01:10 PM

My secret to watcing tv shows is watching them as i am trying to pass out. Usually takes me a good hour to fall asleep after hitting the bed. Perfect time to watch tv shows.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm anticipating Fringe. Also, I learned that Fringe is directed by a KU film alum who will be speaking on campus in October. :)

Anyone hear when Dollhouse premieres? I heard it was the same guy who did Firefly (which I've been meaning to see).

Guru
09-08-2008, 01:19 PM

don't have a DVR remember. :)

Nah, I am tired of being ruled by the tube. Trying to set the example so maybe, just maybe, my wife will stop watching 20 damn tv shows per week.

keg in kc
09-08-2008, 01:23 PM
Anyone hear when Dollhouse premieres? I heard it was the same guy who did Firefly (which I've been meaning to see).January, will be the lead-in to 24.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 01:29 PM
January, will be the lead-in to 24.

Speaking of 24, did you hear they shut down production to rewrite the script?

Sure-Oz
09-08-2008, 03:28 PM
Speaking of 24, did you hear they shut down production to rewrite the script?

wtf was wrong with the original? I am almost done with season 3 and hoping to be fully caught up by the time season 7 comes on

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 03:42 PM
wtf was wrong with the original? I am almost done with season 3 and hoping to be fully caught up by the time season 7 comes on

It wasn't the direction they wanted or something. They're tightening it and stuff. Refocusing.

Truthfully, 24 hasn't been good since Season 3.

Sure-Oz
09-08-2008, 03:45 PM
It wasn't the direction they wanted or something. They're tightening it and stuff. Refocusing.

Some i heard said they liked season 5, heard season 6 was a big downer

keg in kc
09-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Speaking of 24, did you hear they shut down production to rewrite the script?Last 6 eps, it won't have any impact on the season's broadcast.

Fruit Ninja
09-08-2008, 05:22 PM

1-5 was awesome. Season 6 was sup par no doubt about it. Even the people that write for the show have basically admitted that. Season 6 has a few good episodes, but thats it.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 05:33 PM
don't have a DVR remember. :)

Nah, I am tired of being ruled by the tube. Trying to set the example so maybe, just maybe, my wife will stop watching 20 damn tv shows per week.

Dude, I apologize.

I don't why I keep forgetting that!

FTR, I watch TV maybe 6 hours a week during the normal seasons, and that's usually at 11pm. We'll watch like one show a night at 11pm and we're good.

Reaper16
09-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Season 5 of 24 was soooooo good.

Mr. Plow
09-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Dude, I apologize.

FTR, I watch TV maybe 6 hours a week during the normal seasons, and that's usually at 11pm. We'll watch like one show a night at 11pm and we're good.

That's what we do. DVR them. Watch one....some nights 2 shows after the kids go to bed.

keg in kc
09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm so busy this time of year, it may be weeks before I see some of these new shows. I'm always so paranoid that my DVR will go tits up.

irishjayhawk
09-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Season 5 of 24 was soooooo good.

Which one was that? Seriously, I've been a fan since the beginning but I hardly remember any of the seasons.

Season 1 - wife gets kidnapped
Season 2 - Nuke flown by plane
Season 3 - ??
Season 4 - ??
Season 5 - New president, cabinet is infiltrated with SecDef being sneaky
Season 6 - horrendous season that I couldn't even finish it out.

Reaper16
09-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Which one was that? Seriously, I've been a fan since the beginning but I hardly remember any of the seasons.

Season 1 - wife gets kidnapped
Season 2 - Nuke flown by plane
Season 3 - ??
Season 4 - ??
Season 5 - New president, cabinet is infiltrated with SecDef being sneaky
Season 6 - horrendous season that I couldn't even finish it out.
*** SPOILERS ***

1 - Wife kidnapped in effort to make Jack try and kill candidate Palmer. This is a revenge plan concocted by the family of Victor Drazen.

2 - terrorist plot to blow up a nuke on U.S. soil, followed by search for audio proof tha certain countries were not responsible so as to prevent war. Some guy in the oil trade was instigating the whole thing.

3 - Jack goes back into deep cover to obtain a deadly virus, but is unsuccessful. CTU has to stop the biological attacks on U.S. soil

4 - Islamic terrorist plot to melt down several nuclear reactors. Later, Air Force One is shot down. China is complicit. Jack invades the Chinese consulate; fakes his own death to avoid international scandal.

5 - Jack forced out of hiding after the few people that know he's still alive are killed (Palmer, Tony, Michelle); of those, only Chloe lives. A Eastern Eurpoean separatist group being used by the U.S. government realizes that they were being used. Instead of following the orders given by the antagonist of the season -- President Logan -- the terrorists plan to use the syntox nerve gas against the U.S. for betraying them. Jack needs to stop the attacks, and later, take down Logan. Jack kidnapped by the Chinese at the end.

6 - A nuke is exploded in L.A. metro area. Jack's father and brother orchestraed the whole thing, as well as the events of season 5. Jack is freed from Chinese release and promptly starts kicking ass. Season starts strong, but falters quickly after that.

chagrin
09-08-2008, 07:52 PM
just when I start liking this, Shirley ****ing manson...horrible!

jiveturkey
09-08-2008, 09:56 PM
I caught something while I was making a grilled cheese sandwich and I'm left wondering why a robot would limp???

Upon completing the cheese grilling I turned it something that wasn't dumb.

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
just when I start liking this, Shirley ****ing manson...horrible!

Now, it's total disregard of Cameron's vision. The writers remembered the how John and Sarah dislodged and manipulated the internal CPU from Arnold in T2, but suddenly Terminators can't mimic other individual's voices, My question was finally answered, the producers/writers don't give a F*CK about the franchise, because they are just making shit up in their Terminator fantasy world.

Fruit Ninja
09-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Was a cool season 2 starter episode. Not sold on Shirley Manson though, but we will see. The end of it was pretty crazy. I didnt expect that.

Guru
09-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Dude, I apologize.

That is what I have been trying to get my wife to do. Just pick 1 hour per night that is must see. Don't worry about the rest.

Guru
09-09-2008, 01:24 AM
I caught something while I was making a grilled cheese sandwich and I'm left wondering why a robot would limp???

Upon completing the cheese grilling I turned it something that wasn't dumb.
Didn't arnold limp at one point during the movies? DAmaged is damaged right?

Fruit Ninja
09-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Didn't arnold limp at one point during the movies? DAmaged is damaged right?

I dont know why people expect academy award winning acting and writing from a action show tv flick. You can go back and watch the old Terminators and pick them apart.

Its like, why didnt they send the robots back a few more years and kill Sarah when she was a little girl? Better yet, why didnt they go back even further and take out her parents? See how that works! lol

Guru
09-09-2008, 02:47 AM
I dont know why people expect academy award winning acting and writing from a action show tv flick. You can go back and watch the old Terminators and pick them apart.

Its like, why didnt they send the robots back a few more years and kill Sarah when she was a little girl? Better yet, why didnt they go back even further and take out her parents? See how that works! lol
Can't go back too far or they risk losing their own existence though.

Fruit Ninja
09-09-2008, 02:58 AM
Can't go back too far or they risk losing their own existence though.

I dont think Sarah has much to do with it. She was just the Wrench in the engine.

Guru
09-09-2008, 03:35 AM
I dont think Sarah has much to do with it. She was just the Wrench in the engine.
No I mean going back to her parents or beyond. At what point does one person being eliminated in the past completely change the future.

Silock
09-10-2008, 01:29 AM
It was very "meh" for me. Shirley Manson was TERRIBLE. The story line sucked.

I enjoyed Season 1 very much, but this was just stupid. If it doesn't improve, it's going to get cancelled very quickly.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2008, 01:34 AM

I enjoyed Season 1 very much, but this was just stupid. If it doesn't improve, it's going to get cancelled very quickly.

:grovel:

Fruit Ninja
09-10-2008, 01:34 AM

Eh, i thought it was a very good season opener. I dont see how its going to get canceled if it goes the way it does. From other website i visit most if not all really enjoyed the opener. I dont even know who Shirley Manson is really. I just know she's some kinda singer. lol

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2008, 01:37 AM
I dont even know who Shirley Manson is really. I just know she's some kinda singer. lol

She's only happy when it rains

Guru
09-10-2008, 01:44 AM
Hell, I have never even heard of her until now. It was an OK opener. Nowhere near spectacular though. I liked the twist and didn't like the twist at the same time.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2008, 01:46 AM
Hell, I have never even heard of her until now. It was an OK opener. Nowhere near spectacular though. I liked the twist and didn't like the twist at the same time.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7s9L5QbEW4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7s9L5QbEW4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Now, it's total disregard of Cameron's vision. The writers remembered the how John and Sarah dislodged and manipulated the internal CPU from Arnold in T2, but suddenly Terminators can't mimic other individual's voices, My question was finally answered, the producers/writers don't give a F*CK about the franchise, because they are just making shit up in their Terminator fantasy world.

Well first off, there was info sent back that was in a lock box from the 60's.

Secondly, John Connor himself sent back the Terminator chick. John Connor.

Finally, Warner Bros. owns the rights to the Terminator universe and there is a plan in place to accompany the new trilogy.

That being said, T3 was awful and I'm absolutely positive it's extricated from the series.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Finally, Warner Bros. owns the rights to the Terminator universe and there is a plan in place to accompany the new trilogy.

Cameron must be gritting his teeth while accepting his royalty checks, because if McG does include this story arc into the new trilogy then it will kill a childhood favorite of mine, due to the massive oversights in this continuity. It will be like Superman 3 and 4 on a grander scale if he even it includes this.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2008, 02:17 AM
Well first off, there was info sent back that was in a lock box from the 60's.

Huh? Okay.... and how did that play out,did they find the ovaltine decoder ring?

Silock
09-10-2008, 02:18 AM
Eh, i thought it was a very good season opener. I dont see how its going to get canceled if it goes the way it does. From other website i visit most if not all really enjoyed the opener. I dont even know who Shirley Manson is really. I just know she's some kinda singer. lol

You couldn't tell? I mean, it's not like anyone from this show is going to win an Oscar or anything, but she was ****ing TERRIBLE.

I wonder how much of that was fanboy-ism.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2008, 02:19 AM
Cameron must be gritting his teeth while accepting his royalty checks, because if McG does include this story arc into the new trilogy then it will kill a childhood favorite of mine, due to the massive oversights in this continuity. It will be like Superman 3 and 4 on a grander scale if he even it includes this.

I don't know what to tell you. I know you're passionate about this movie series and I wish I could help.

I'll send any info (if any) your way regarding the "Reboot" of the new trilogy.

Silock
09-10-2008, 02:20 AM
but suddenly Terminators can't mimic other individual's voices

I'm confused about this part. The Terminators have been voice mimicking the whole series.

chagrin
09-10-2008, 05:48 AM
she was ****ing TERRIBLE.

You ain't kiddin' her character is flat out terrible.

irishjayhawk
09-10-2008, 12:57 PM

From all the buzz around the reboot, it seems McG is actually going about things differently this time. So much so that it's got haters at equilibrium at the moment.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
That being said, T3 was awful and I'm absolutely positive it's extricated from the series.

While there were parts of T3 i didnt like (Terminator in a strip club??) i thought overall it was pretty good.

The action was solid, the acting i thought was good for the most part. The ending was also ballsy for a major Hollywood production.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2008, 02:29 PM
I don't know what to tell you. I know you're passionate about this movie series and I wish I could help.

I'll send any info (if any) your way regarding the "Reboot" of the new trilogy.

That would be awesome, though I might have to take Pepto Bismol to quell my frustration if any truly troubling news that wrecks the continuity of the franchise.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2008, 03:24 PM
That would be awesome, though I might have to take Pepto Bismol to quell my frustration if any truly troubling news that wrecks the continuity of the franchise.

Of you could just be like me and never watch the TV series and pretend it never happened. :)

Miles
09-10-2008, 06:44 PM
You couldn't tell? I mean, it's not like anyone from this show is going to win an Oscar or anything, but she was ****ing TERRIBLE.

I wonder how much of that was fanboy-ism.

Agreed. Terrible to the point where it becomes distracting from the show.

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2008, 07:05 PM
While there were parts of T3 i didnt like (Terminator in a strip club??) i thought overall it was pretty good.

The action was solid, the acting i thought was good for the most part. The ending was also ballsy for a major Hollywood production.

I didn't buy Nick Stahl as John Connor for some reason, I didn't care for Kristana Loken or Claire Danes and I thought is was an unworthy successor to T2.

Just my opinion.

Deberg_1990
09-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I didn't buy Nick Stahl as John Connor for some reason, I didn't care for Kristana Loken or Claire Danes and I thought is was an unworthy successor to T2.

Just my opinion.

Understood. I actually liked Stahl alot.

Loken and the whole female terminator was just a silly gimmick, but it turned out alot better than it could have been.

But yea, its not even close to Camerons T1 and T2.

BTW Dane, have you heard anything about Camerons Avatar yet?

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2008, 07:54 PM
BTW Dane, have you heard anything about Camerons Avatar yet?

It's been under pretty tight wraps. If I hear anything I can pass along, I'll be sure to post.

irishjayhawk
09-10-2008, 09:32 PM

Just my opinion.

I'm not sure anything would have been. T2 was near perfect.

Sure-Oz
09-11-2008, 02:14 PM
I saw the opener last night finally after i dvr'ed...

It was alright...the garbage biatch is really weird and i dont even get how she got a part. I also like that she is the terminator from T2...(liquid metal bs)...i'll see how it goes from here...

Sure-Oz
09-11-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm not sure anything would have been. T2 was near perfect.

Yeah, it pretty much could've been stopped from there....and T3 was a big pile of shit, didn't even have the same serious feel, more like a quirky action flick...

I think the SCC's show is more serious than T3 was, in saying that Sarah Connor is extremely paranoid throughout the show, esp the opener..

Baby Lee
09-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Anyone hear when Dollhouse premieres? I heard it was the same guy who did Firefly (which I've been meaning to see).

Oh, and a couple little projects called Buffy and Angel.

If you're a Whedon virgin, prepare to be wowed.

Baby Lee
09-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Oh, and anyone else have trouble watching Lena Headley play a mom without thoughts of pencil eraser nipples from 300 slipping into your imagination?

irishjayhawk
09-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh, and a couple little projects called Buffy and Angel.

If you're a Whedon virgin, prepare to be wowed.

He did Buffy and Angel?

I didn't really care for either of those shows. But I've heard nothing but good things about Serenity/Firefly.

Deberg_1990
09-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Yeah, it pretty much could've been stopped from there..

Im pretty sure it was originally intended to by Cameron. But as you know when theres $$$$ to be made....

Hes had nothing to do with the franchise since. (unless you count the T-3D ride at Universal in Florida).

Sure-Oz
09-11-2008, 04:53 PM
He did Buffy and Angel?

I didn't really care for either of those shows. But I've heard nothing but good things about Serenity/Firefly.

Those shows weren't too bad, but yes Serenity and Firefly rule, got both of those

As for Terminator, that's too bad...those first 2 were great, great flicks

oaklandhater
09-19-2008, 06:33 AM
godamm fox marked this show for death it goes up against Heroes and MNF this monday :(

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2008, 11:23 AM
godamm fox marked this show for death it goes up against Heroes and MNF this monday :(

Nah.

It's on at 8pm Eastern and Pacific, opposite How I Met Your Mother & Big Bang Theory. Heroes is on at 9pm.

Additionally, MNF is on cable so the ratings aren't considered head to head.

Guru
10-08-2008, 03:30 AM
This weeks episode was by far the best of the series.

Kraus
10-08-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm really enjoying this season.

Sure-Oz
10-08-2008, 02:27 PM
This weeks episode was by far the best of the series.

agreed, it was pretty sweet

Mr. Plow
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I'm really enjoying this season.

Yup. Pretty good show.

oaklandhater
10-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Fuk all you guys

18-49 demographic
Heroes: Avg Rating - 4.7 / Episodes - 2
Fringe: Avg Rating - 4.2 / Episodes - 4
The Mentalist: Avg Rating - 3.5 / Episodes - 2
Chuck: Avg Rating - 2.6 / Episodes - 1
Ghost Whisperer: Avg Rating - 2.5 / Episodes - 1
Knight Rider: Avg Rating - 2.4 / Episodes - 2
The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Avg Rating - 2.2 / Episodes - 4
Pushing Daisies: Avg Rating - 2.0 / Episodes - 1
Smallville*: Avg Rating - 1.7 / Episodes - 3
Supernatural*: Avg Rating - 1.5 / Episodes - 3

I can lose supernatural pushing daisies and TSCC all in the same season DAMM YOU AMERICA AND YOU LOVE FOR SHITTY SHOWS LIKE THE Mentalist........

oaklandhater
10-11-2008, 07:08 AM
I hate Fox so much right now...

According to an article on Sy Fy Portal, FOX is not pleased with the sagging ratings performance of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and they could pull the plug on it soon. According to our Network Ratings Tracker, the series has only averaged about a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic across its first four Season 2 episodes and it is well down from its average rating last season. Its lead-out series, Prison Break has also suffered in the ratings and FOX executives are looking to blame Sarah Connor's poor performance. Monday night's airing lost 13% of viewers from the prior week, and FOX's patience may be wearing thin. One positive note for the series is that the report for the week of September 7th has come in and Sarah Connor was the third most DVR'ed show of the week. The overnight ratings do not include these numbers, so it helps boost the overall viewer count. Still, this may not provide enough of a lift to sway the decision of the FOX execs. Check back with us on a regular basis for any updates on the status of the series.

Kraus
10-11-2008, 11:04 AM
F'n Knight Rider was rated higher? Holy shit, SCC is in trouble.

Guru
10-11-2008, 11:24 AM
F'n Knight Rider was rated higher? Holy shit, SCC is in trouble.WHAT?!!!!!:eek:

oaklandhater
10-11-2008, 11:38 AM
F'n Knight Rider was rated higher? Holy shit, SCC is in trouble.

That POS was rated higher then SSC and pushing dasies...

Guru
10-11-2008, 11:59 AM

According to an article on Sy Fy Portal, FOX is not pleased with the sagging ratings performance of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and they could pull the plug on it soon. According to our Network Ratings Tracker, the series has only averaged about a 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic across its first four Season 2 episodes and it is well down from its average rating last season. Its lead-out series, Prison Break has also suffered in the ratings and FOX executives are looking to blame Sarah Connor's poor performance. Monday night's airing lost 13% of viewers from the prior week, and FOX's patience may be wearing thin. One positive note for the series is that the report for the week of September 7th has come in and Sarah Connor was the third most DVR'ed show of the week. The overnight ratings do not include these numbers, so it helps boost the overall viewer count. Still, this may not provide enough of a lift to sway the decision of the FOX execs. Check back with us on a regular basis for any updates on the status of the series.

Hell, Prison Break has jumped the shark. That show is the one that needs to end.

Deberg_1990
10-11-2008, 12:24 PM
That POS was rated higher then SSC and pushing dasies...

It is what it is. The original was always a POS too, but it lasted like 4 or 5 years.

oaklandhater
10-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Hell, Prison Break has jumped the shark. That show is the one that needs to end.

QFT

Tribal Warfare
10-11-2008, 04:09 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chuck Pwns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fire:

Fruit Ninja
10-11-2008, 04:22 PM
There is just way to many good shows on Monday. They have to break TSS off of Mondays. It has Monday Night football, Chuck, The Big Bang Theory to deal with. Thats some big guns.

Knight Rider is also horrible. I tried to watch it, but its just way to cheesy. Not in a Chuck kind of way either, just shitty.

Guru
10-11-2008, 04:28 PM
There is just way to many good shows on Monday. They have to break TSS off of Mondays. It has Monday Night football, Chuck, The Big Bang Theory to deal with. Thats some big guns.

Knight Rider is also horrible. I tried to watch it, but its just way to cheesy. Not in a Chuck kind of way either, just shitty.

TSS would be better off on Wednesday.

Shag
10-11-2008, 05:21 PM

Yeah, too much good tv on Mondays - can't record it all. For me, SCC, Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, and MNF all conflict...

Guru
10-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, too much good tv on Mondays - can't record it all. For me, SCC, Chuck, How I Met Your Mother, and MNF all conflict...

I just watch them all online anymore. Easier.

Sure-Oz
10-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Knight Rider has no business being on the air, what a joke of a show...

I hope we don't lose SCC, i like that show and Wed. would be perfect. Fox is great at getting rid of shows though and putting them in shitty time slots etc

Guru
10-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Knight Rider has no business being on the air, what a joke of a show...

I hope we don't lose SCC, i like that show and Wed. would be perfect. Fox is great at getting rid of shows though and putting them in shitty time slots etc

I don't know. 24 has moved at least 3 times now.

chiefs1111
10-11-2008, 06:34 PM
I will be pissed if they cancel this

Sure-Oz
10-11-2008, 06:47 PM
I don't know. 24 has moved at least 3 times now.

That is fine by me, as long as they don't get rid of the show, changing times won't bother me.

Guru
10-11-2008, 07:03 PM
That is fine by me, as long as they don't get rid of the show, changing times won't bother me.

They had better at least try to move one time before just pulling the plug.