PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Harlan says Carl will be here for 3 more years and get an extension in 2 weeks.

Kris Kringle
12-24-2007, 08:02 AM
He said that Carl will be here until the stadium renovations are finished. That's his baby and he'll be here for the grand opening so he can take credit for it. He's not going anywhere. He said that Carl might get an extension in the next 2 weeks or so. Also, he didn't rule out Pennington or Garcia.

I report, you decide.

Demonpenz
12-24-2007, 08:02 AM
I don't know how he survives when arrowhead is a ghost town next year

the Talking Can
12-24-2007, 08:03 AM
this franchise is a farce

RP_McMurphy
12-24-2007, 08:04 AM
Arrowhead could be completely empty and the Chiefs will still make money. The tv contracts and revenue sharing are that nice in the NFL.

BigRedChief
12-24-2007, 08:04 AM
He said that Carl will be here until the stadium renovations are finished. That's his baby and he'll be here for the grand opening so he can take credit for it. He's not going anywhere.
Doesn't mean he will be making football decisions until the "New Arrowhead" opens.

Kris Kringle
12-24-2007, 08:08 AM
I report, you decide.

Demonpenz
12-24-2007, 08:12 AM
i think the only way people come back out is if we get mcnabb

Reerun_KC
12-24-2007, 08:13 AM
i think the only way people come back out is if we get mcnabb

your right only the true fans matter anyway...

It would be really sad, we are so wanting to start attending games agian. Signing McRacist would just drive the final stake in our hearts.

RP_McMurphy
12-24-2007, 08:15 AM
McNabb would last one game in Kansas City as he got sacked time after time.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 08:15 AM
First Carl's contract expires in 2 years so he won't be here for 3.

Second I could see Carl staying but without the GM title but if they keep the status quo then things could get alot uglier this offseason into next season.

Nzoner
12-24-2007, 08:16 AM
Cool,3 more years for me to save some cash on season tickets

Kris Kringle
12-24-2007, 08:17 AM
First Carl's contract expires in 2 years so he won't be here for 3.

Second I could see Carl staying but without the GM title but if they keep the status quo then things could get alot uglier this offseason into next season. Kevin Harlan said that Carl might get an extension in the next 2 weeks or so. Again, I report, you decide. Don't shoot the messenger.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Kevin Harlan said that Carl might get an extension in the next 2 weeks or so. Again, I report, you decide. Don't shoot the messenger.

If that happened then there would be a revolt like you would not believe.

Also that would prove Carl is a liar as he as said in the past this is his last contract.

Chief Henry
12-24-2007, 08:21 AM

It has been for aloooooonnnnnggggg time.

Guru
They will strip him of GM title then. There is no way Clark will settle for this CRAP!!! If he does then he will lose fans and seat revenue in droves.

Kris Kringle
If that happened then there would be a revolt like you would not believe.

Also that would prove Carl is a liar as he as said in the past this is his last contract. Yes, Harlan mentioned that it would be interesting to see what the fans reaction would be. Also, he didn't rule out Pennington or Garcia.

KC Tattoo
12-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Go F^CK yourself Kevin Harlan.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 08:25 AM
Yes, Harlan mentioned that it would be interesting to see what the fans reaction would be. Also, he didn't rule out Pennington or Garcia.

This makes me think he doesn't know what he is talking about. Garcia signed a 2-year deal so he won't be available.

At least that is what I am hoping.

Honestly if the Chiefs keep Carl, Herm and bring in Pennington I will boycott this team and burn all of my Chiefs gear.

KC Tattoo
12-24-2007, 08:29 AM
If Clark wants to prevent a riot in KC he should fire Carl, If Clark just doesn't care he will keep him.

Ari ümlaüt
12-24-2007, 08:32 AM
**** you Kris Kringle!

smittysbar
12-24-2007, 08:36 AM
If he is around it will not be as GM for the Chiefs. And I don't see him taking the demotion

Guru
12-24-2007, 08:39 AM
This makes me think he doesn't know what he is talking about. Garcia signed a 2-year deal so he won't be available.

At least that is what I am hoping.

Honestly if the Chiefs keep Carl, Herm and bring in Pennington I will boycott this team and burn all of my Chiefs gear.
Liar!!!

kc1977
12-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Ironic thing about this thread is - next September - 78k+ will be showing up at Arrowhead for opening day.

morphius
12-24-2007, 08:43 AM
They will strip him of GM title then. There is no way Clark will settle for this CRAP!!! If he does then he will lose fans and seat revenue in droves.
Yup, it will be a 3 year extension where they basically change his position to something else and take away his power in the football operations. That way they can make it seem like a promotion instead of a firing, to save face.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Liar!!!

I love the Chiefs but I do have a breaking point.

Nzoner
12-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Ironic thing about this thread is - next September - 78k+ will be showing up at Arrowhead for opening day.

Even the Royals sell out for the home opener.

kc1977
Yup, it will be a 3 year extension where they basically change his position to something else and take away his power in the football operations. That way they can make it seem like a promotion instead of a firing, to save face.

I'll only believe that when I see it. Lots of talk going around here right now, but come Spring, they'll mail in that season ticket money.

ZootedGranny
THERE IS NO GOD

kc1977
12-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Even the Royals sell out for the home opener.

Yeah - but the Royals don't have 90% of tickets for the whole season pre-sold on opening day. And the Chiefs still will.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 08:48 AM
I report, you decide.
i vote this for one of them lamest self-bumps of the season.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 08:49 AM
I'll only believe that when I see it. Lots of talk going around here right now, but come Spring, they'll mail in that season ticket money.

If they announce that Carl is staying and possibly signed an extension I bet alot of people will not renew. They had a heck of a time this year selling season tickets and single game tickets I can't imagine what it would be like if that scenario played out.

Nzoner
12-24-2007, 08:56 AM
Yeah - but the Royals don't have 90% of tickets for the whole season pre-sold on opening day. And the Chiefs still will.

KC will have to have an unbelieveable offseason for that to happen and it's going to have to start with Clark cleaning house.10-12 years of waiting lists have been a good run but if you don't think the majority of fans have caught on to Carl's games then I'm sorry you're just wearing rose colored glasses.

Guru
12-24-2007, 09:00 AM
I love the Chiefs but I do have a breaking point.
You may have a breaking point, but you love the Kansas City Chiefs too much to do anything of what you said.

Guru
12-24-2007, 09:01 AM
KC will have to have an unbelieveable offseason for that to happen and it's going to have to start with Clark cleaning house.10-12 years of waiting lists have been a good run but if you don't think the majority of fans have caught on to Carl's games then I'm sorry you're just wearing rose colored glasses.
Who's Carl? :)

BigRedChief
12-24-2007, 09:21 AM
Yup, it will be a 3 year extension where they basically change his position to something else and take away his power in the football operations. That way they can make it seem like a promotion instead of a firing, to save face.And I'm okay with that. King Carl deserves a lot of the credit for bringing my team out of the horrible abyss in which they had fallen.

I have no desire to see his head hung from a pole outside of Arrowhead. Just that he be removed from making Free agency, Drafting of player decisions.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 09:25 AM
And I'm okay with that. King Carl deserves a lot of the credit for bringing my team out of the horrible abyss in which they had fallen.

I have no desire to see his head hung from a pole outside of Arrowhead. Just that he be removed from making Free agency, Drafting of player decisions.

You actually believe that Carl will stay out of personnel decisions if he is still around?

If you believe that I have a bridge in NY I will sell you for cheap.

Guru
12-24-2007, 09:27 AM
You actually believe that Carl will stay out of personnel decisions if he is still around?

Take what you can get though. I want him fired too but I know that won't happen.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Take what you can get though. I want him fired too but I know that won't happen.

IMO that is not good enough. Whoever they promote will be a Carl stooge so nothing will ever change.

Guru
12-24-2007, 09:30 AM
IMO that is not good enough. Whoever they promote will be a Carl stooge so nothing will ever change.
Not disagreeing with ya. It sucks, but I will take it if it is all we can get.

However, if they can his ass, I would be partying like it was.... well, you know.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Not disagreeing with ya. It sucks, but I will take it if it is all we can get.

However, if they can his ass, I would be partying like it was.... well, you know.

Yeah I know I just want a total house cleaning but I doubt it happens.

Bwana
12-24-2007, 09:35 AM
i vote this for one of them lamest self-bumps of the season.

Indeed. I wonder if I would buy myself a one way ticket to hell if I hung some neg rep on Santa on Chiristmas Eve? :hmmm:

Mr. Arrowhead
12-24-2007, 09:36 AM
If clark gives Carl a extension, then i will not be going to arrowhead until hes out

morphius
12-24-2007, 09:38 AM
I think if they promote Kuharich to GM my head just may explode!

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 09:41 AM
I think if they promote Kuharich to GM my head just may explode!

If Carl stays as President I bet that is exactly what will happen.

So in effect nothing will change.

RJ
12-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I don't know how he survives when arrowhead is a ghost town next year

Oh mere mortal who cannot see the genius of Carl. Of course there will be empty seats........the remodeling crews can work much faster when there's not a bunch of people in their way. Less fans = greater efficiency = huge $ savings.

The fans are nothing but a nuisance.

RedThat
12-24-2007, 10:04 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if he stays.

The Chiefs rarely fire anybody.

blueballs
12-24-2007, 10:10 AM
We are all adults here we've known for sometime there is no Santa
just some fat asshole who gets his jollies putting kids on his lap
and telling them they've been bad for not eating their lima beans -coal in stocking

banyon
12-24-2007, 10:12 AM
Worst Christmas present ever.

blueballs
12-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Kevin Harlan hasn't been a part of the Chiefs for years

Skip Towne
12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Does anybody know how to get the mafia mad at Carl?

BigRedChief
12-24-2007, 10:44 AM

If it's fresh blood like Pioli yes. The fresh blood wil demand it. Kuharich gets promoted? Meddling will be rampant.

crazycoffey
12-24-2007, 10:46 AM

Doesn't that make it a Farchise?

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 10:47 AM
If it's fresh blood like Pioli yes. The fresh blood wil demand it. Kuharich gets promoted? Meddling will be rampant.

The chances of the Chiefs making a bold move to get Pioli is slim and none.

If Carl gets his GM title taken away I bet Kuharich gets the GM title it is such a KC type of move

kc1977
12-24-2007, 11:23 AM
If they announce that Carl is staying and possibly signed an extension I bet alot of people will not renew. They had a heck of a time this year selling season tickets and single game tickets I can't imagine what it would be like if that scenario played out.

I just bet most will renew.
Next year will be a lot like this year.
Next year, everyone will be saying the same thing - lots of talk talk talk.
And then......renew renew renew, just like last year, this year, and next year.

MOhillbilly
12-24-2007, 11:26 AM
i love the Chiefs i still buy there shit and watch the games but carl has to go. time for some new blood ,new ideas and someone new to be pissed off at.

kc1977
12-24-2007, 11:26 AM

I think you are wearing rose colored glasses that season ticket holders will give up their status symbols just because they don't like what's going on in Arrowhead. You give the average season ticket holder way too much credit in being average football fans. This is a different time.

There may be many many no-shows, and maybe some blackouts because the average football fans don't see it worth $100 for two tickets to sit nosebleed for a poor team.

But, your average season ticket holder is not your average football fan. This is a status symbol - and people may not go to the games if they are losing, but they aren't going to give up their chance to go if the games become meaningful again.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 11:39 AM
I think you are wearing rose colored glasses that season ticket holders will give up their status symbols just because they don't like what's going on in Arrowhead. You give the average season ticket holder way too much credit in being average football fans. This is a different time.

There may be many many no-shows, and maybe some blackouts because the average football fans don't see it worth $100 for two tickets to sit nosebleed for a poor team.

But, your average season ticket holder is not your average football fan. This is a status symbol - and people may not go to the games if they are losing, but they aren't going to give up their chance to go if the games become meaningful again.

Your argument is flawed because where is the status symbol of going to see a losing football team? The majority of season ticket holders either sold or gave away their tickets or just didn't go to the last home game. The fans are tired of the BS and they will NOT support a losing team especially the rich Johnson County fair weather fans.

chief4life
12-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Until Mitch Holtus says it then i am not listening to anything. Harlan is a damn yes man that works for cbs sports. Holtus is up close and personal with the Chiefs so until he says something on this then im not going to buy into Carl not being gone yet.

Nzoner
12-24-2007, 12:59 PM

Only time will tell but as a former season ticket holder myself(I gave them up 2 seasons ago)and an above average football fan I think you're about to see that 90% plummet,hell look at what happened to a waiting list that was 3000 names strong some 10 years ago,it doesn't exist anymore.

FringeNC
12-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Something's gotta give. I just can't see the organization being able to renew hope for next season simply by throwing Solari under the bus. We'll see.

BigRock
12-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Why is anyone believing a word of what this guy said? OMFG SOMEONE SAID IT ON THE INTERNETS, IT MUST BE THE TROOF.

Pushead2
12-24-2007, 02:13 PM
**** you carl

Pushead2
12-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Herm is a fagat

Rain Man
12-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Whether this is true or not, it makes me want to load up bandoliers of neg rep and go on a neg rep rampage.

Frazod
12-24-2007, 02:39 PM
I'd love to see Carl get whacked, but I think it's going to take one more godawful season featuring blackouts to get his greased. This year, there were enough tickets bought up in advance by brokers and such that they were the ones who got reamed. Next year, it's the team that won't be able to unload tickets. Then they'll feel it; then they won't be able to stop the blackouts.

Guru
12-24-2007, 02:45 PM
I'd love to see Carl get whacked, but I think it's going to take one more godawful season featuring blackouts to get his greased. This year, there were enough tickets bought up in advance by brokers and such that they were the ones who got reamed. Next year, it's the team that won't be able to unload tickets. Then they'll feel it; then they won't be able to stop the blackouts.
Doesn't it just piss you off.

Frazod
12-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Doesn't it just piss you off.

Yep.

But on the other hand, I'll save a lot of money not paying for Sunday Ticket next year.

Bowser
12-24-2007, 03:09 PM
I'll just go out to the stadium to tailgate. That's where the fun has been the last few years, anyway.

Cochise
12-24-2007, 03:17 PM
thanks for ruining christmas

CupidStunt
12-24-2007, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure which team I will begin to call my own if Carl is extended.

Jayhawkerman2001
12-24-2007, 03:39 PM
if this happens, im really gonna just shit my self.... Personally, that move would be the type of move that would ruin clark hunt...

Bowser
12-24-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm not sure which team I will begin to call my own if Carl is extended.

It would have to be an NFC team, right?

Tampa might be my choice.

GoHuge
12-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Something's gotta give. I just can't see the organization being able to renew hope for next season simply by throwing Solari under the bus. We'll see.You underestimate this front office. They may be shitty at putting talent on the field, but they always find a way to make the Chiefs relavent. They do it whether it's in a good way or bad, but the Chiefs will make the news through out the year.

CoMoChief
12-24-2007, 05:09 PM
You underestimate this front office. They may be shitty at putting talent on the field, but they always find a way to make the Chiefs relavent. They do it whether it's in a good way or bad, but the Chiefs will make the news through out the year.
**** you.

Thig Lyfe
12-24-2007, 05:38 PM
The lyric "Well tonight, thank God it's them instead of you" actually refers to Chiefs fans.

Bob Dole
12-24-2007, 06:58 PM

Despite the brave face put on by Carl's media monkeys, they already felt it in the pocketbook. Parking, merchandise and concessions are all negatively impacted when seats are empty.

Brock
12-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Until Mitch Holtus says it then i am not listening to anything. Harlan is a damn yes man that works for cbs sports. Holtus is up close and personal with the Chiefs so until he says something on this then im not going to buy into Carl not being gone yet.

Harlan used to have Holthus' job. If he says it, it's probably true.

BigChiefFan
12-24-2007, 08:40 PM
If Carl is back as GM, I'm done as a STH. It's just that simple. Let somebody else dole out thousands and thousands of dollars for mediocrity. That's a lot money that I could easily spend elsewhere and not have to deal with any emotional letdowns and pricks from the company insulting my fanhood. It also would make me feel that I least I took my own stand to say up yours, Carly. The team isn't going to be much better next year, with Herm's "there is no offense" philosophy and Carl's "I don't know quality players" Peterson. **** them.

Micjones
12-24-2007, 08:41 PM
I think Carl will definitely be around.
Just serving in another capacity.

One which will probably keep him in a power position at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

*Sigh*

Harlan's still close to this organization, but God I hope he's wrong about Carl retaining his GM title.

memyselfI
12-24-2007, 09:12 PM
He said that Carl will be here until the stadium renovations are finished. That's his baby and he'll be here for the grand opening so he can take credit for it. He's not going anywhere. He said that Carl might get an extension in the next 2 weeks or so. Also, he didn't rule out Pennington or Garcia.

I report, you decide.

This is simultaneously the most hysterical and yet pathetic thing I've ever read...

Frazod
12-24-2007, 09:31 PM
Despite the brave face put on by Carl's media monkeys, they already felt it in the pocketbook. Parking, merchandise and concessions are all negatively impacted when seats are empty.

This is true. I didn't buy one thing from an official merchandising source this year (I did get a couple of jerseys on ebay, but the team/league isn't making anything off that). Normally I'll get new shirts, hats, etc. Also, no parking or concession money from me (except for the MU/KU game). Don't see this mindset changing anytime soon, either.

kc rush
12-24-2007, 10:12 PM
As a STH, I am already on the fence about renewing. If this is true, there is no way I can justify the expense.

Logical
12-24-2007, 11:25 PM
I am so beyond caring now, thankfully I no longer live in the KC area.