PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, I thought you peole said you could handle a rebuilding year.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 08:02 AM
You lied.

We are playing a bunch of young players. Trying to start a young QB we drafted. Turning the roster over. Something the Chiefs fans on this board have bitched about for years.

This is, for the most part, what you asked for.

Now I understand that bad play calling, and bad coaching weren't part of that. That isn't what I'm talking about. We have every right to complain about that.

I'm talking about rookie players that make mistakes, getting thrown under the bus. Especially Croyle.

Here are a few popular quotes from the past. "Oh, I could deal with the INTs and lost games that go with grooming a new QB". "As long as we are trying to build a winner" This trying to put a bandaid on a team that needs to get younger is just frustrating."

Then you have the audacity to blame Carl or Edwards for not starting him sooner. How can you blame them? They knew what your reaction would be better than you did. I'm not defending them. But instead calling you guys out.

I'm not saying that these players will be good players. I'm saying you're not holding up your end of the bargain.

I realize this thread wont be popular, but you should understand how silly some of you look. As a Chiefs fan, it's flustrating watching you clowns flip flop.

Merry Christmas.

the Talking Can
12-24-2007, 08:04 AM
this wasn't a rebuilding year....and us Croyle supporters have been on record that KC fans can't handle developing a QB since long before you showed up....

Demonpenz
12-24-2007, 08:05 AM
We would take the rebuilding the proper way with average to below average coaching. We could take normal mistakes. Not this drunkan retard assback wards "HEY i HAVE NEVER COACHED A FOOTBALL GAME IN MY LIFE' Stupid mother ****ing way this ****ing orginazation is being ****ing run. This whole Ok we are rebuilding is now a cop out because the whole team is garbage. The only reason some of these young players is not because of the coaches choice it is because of injuries.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 08:07 AM
We would take the rebuilding the proper way with average to below average coaching. We could take normal mistakes. Not this drunkan retard assback wards "HEY i HAVE NEVER COACHED A FOOTBALL GAME IN MY LIFE' Stupid mother ****ing way this ****ing orginazation is being ****ing run. This whole Ok we are rebuilding is now a cop out because the whole team is garbage. The only reason some of these young players is not because of the coaches choice it is because of injuries.

I'n not talking about coaching. I'm talking about how you guys rag on the players without giving them a reasonable chance to succeed. Read the post again.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 08:08 AM
this wasn't a rebuilding year....and us Croyle supporters have been on record that KC fans can't handle developing a QB since long before you showed up....

I showed up before you showed up. If you dont fit into the criteria above, then dont take offense to it.

Demonpenz
12-24-2007, 08:11 AM
I'n not talking about coaching. I'm talking about how you guys rag on the players without giving them a reasonable chance to succeed. Read the post again.

No I don't read the posts just the titles

smittysbar
12-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Well if it would have actually been a rebuilding year would have helped.

I am pretty sure most were pissed that we threw away most of the year with Huard and now will have a high draft pick but will not know if we have the QBOTF on the roster, because 4 starts is not enough time to evaluate a QB.

If this was a rebuilding year then why did we cut Justin Phinisee (who looked great in TC and Preseason) for Drummond? Or why did Priest start in front of Kolby?

It is a rebuilding year now that the team sucks, but just food for thought, Herm put this team together and thought this could be a playoff team. Kinda tells us how good is evaluation and coaching of players really is.

KC Tattoo
12-24-2007, 08:14 AM
On a rebuilding year, you start with the youth and you look for improvement through out the year. We started with old decaying players & went over half the season with them before we started to see any youth and then they get less than half a season to get better and the team has regressed over the year not gotten any better. We still have questions at key spots on this team. Let alone that the CB on defense are fn OLD.

As long as Carl Peterson is still here we can not have a true rebuilding year. NO Coach is going to be able to build a Championship caliber team with Carl Peterson here.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2007, 08:15 AM

I am pretty sure most were pissed that we threw away most of the year with Huard and now will have a high draft pick but will not know if we have the QBOTF on the roster, because 4 starts is not enough time to evaluate a QB.

If this was a rebuilding year then why did we cut Justin Phinisee (who looked great in TC and Preseason) for Drummond? Or why did Priest start in front of Kolby?

It is a rebuilding year now that the team sucks, but just food for thought, Herm put this team together and thought this could be a playoff team. Kinda tells us how good is evaluation and coaching of players really is.
QFT

Simplex3
12-24-2007, 08:16 AM
:clap:

What do you do when you don't agree with management and the fan base is full of it?

Start looking for a new team. Thankfully the Bucs are having an up year.

chagrin
12-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Who's flip flopping?
The youth movement isn't the problem; we have a patch work O-line, which in my opinion is the bulk of the execution problem on O; if the line doesn't execute, the QB can't do shit. He's also very young and will make mistakes, I understand that clearly. I've been advocating O-line drafting all year, and I didn't like the Turk pick at DT. Maybe he will grow but he plays like a back up, like he was in college.

not everybody here flip flops.

dirk digler
I could take a couple of rebuilding years but this not what happened this year. You don't start rebuilding during Week 11 sorry.

Simplex3

I would agree with your post EXCEPT a larger percentage of snapperheads on this board have gone ahead and decided after four starts that Brodie isn't the man.

CrazyHorse

Hey, I agree. But that really has nothing to do with the thread. I'm talking about how people are throwing the players under the bus after a few starts.

Reading is fundemental.

chagrin
Oh yeah, and I don't think I ever supported Herm Edwards as Head Coach, and I haven't once supported Solari as OC.

chagrin
12-24-2007, 08:19 AM
And Hootie's a totally annoying dipshit

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 08:19 AM
I would agree with your post EXCEPT a larger percentage of snapperheads on this board have gone ahead and decided after four starts that Brodie isn't the man.

Congratulations.

That's one person who understands the thread.

Any others?

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 08:20 AM
Who's flip flopping?

not everybody here flip flops.

Not everybody. But then, I'm not talking to them.

burt
12-24-2007, 08:21 AM
bad play calling, and bad coaching weren't part of that. That isn't what I'm talking about. We have every right to complain about that.

My ONLY COMPLAINT!!!!

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you too!

Simplex3
12-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Congratulations.

Any others?
I scored near-perfect on the reading comprehension section of the ACT test.

patteeu
12-24-2007, 08:22 AM
I agree, CrazyHorse. It's not enough to play younger players (including the youngest QB in forever) and rebuild. If you don't do it exactly the way these non-GMs think it should be done and/or if you don't win and make the playoffs at the same time, you need to be fired. LMAO :shake:

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 08:22 AM
:clap:

What do you do when you don't agree with management and the fan base is full of it?

Start looking for a new team. Thankfully the Bucs are having an up year.

You'll like the Bucs.

Simply Red
12-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Congratulations.

Any others?
I'm not thinking clearly currently. I'm not taking any chances by commenting.

Reerun_KC
12-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Actually CrazyHorse's, Until Carl, Herm and thier merry band of cronies are totally douched out of Arrowhead, I will never consider what the Chiefs do a true "Rebuilding" season...

Whom actually has faith in this orginization anymore?

I dont, therefore I really dont care.

Guru
12-24-2007, 08:26 AM
They should have called it a rebuilding year from the beginning of the season. That is my only complaint. And I still like Croyle as the starter.

Quit calling everyone out over the idiocity of the few.

Frankie
12-24-2007, 08:27 AM
You lied.

We are playing a bunch of young players. Trying to start a young QB we drafted. Turning the roster over. Something the Chiefs fans on this board have bitched about for years.

Now I understand that bad play calling, and bad coaching weren't part of that. That isn't what I'm talking about. We have every right to complain about that.

I'm talking about rookie players that make mistakes, getting thrown under the bus. Especially Croyle.

Here are a few popular quotes from the past. "Oh, I could deal with the INTs and lost games that go with grooming a new QB". "As long as we are trying to build a winner" This trying to put a bandaid on a team that needs to get younger is just frustrating."

Then you have the audacity to blame Carl or Edwards for not starting him sooner. How can you blame them? They knew what your reaction would be better than you did. I'm not defending them. But instead calling you guys out.

I'm not saying that these players will be good players. I'm saying you're not holding up your end of the bargain.

I realize this thread wont be popular, but you should understand how silly some of you look. As a Chiefs fan, it's flustrating watching you clowns flip flop.

Merry Christmas.
Exactly my sentiments.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 08:28 AM
I agree, CrazyHorse. It's not enough to play younger players (including the youngest QB in forever) and rebuild. If you don't do it exactly the way these non-GMs think it should be done and/or if you don't win and make the playoffs at the same time, you need to be fired. LMAO :shake:

The problem is they didn't start until Week 11 or so. They tried to hold on to the status quo as long as they could.

Simplex3
12-24-2007, 08:30 AM
You'll like the Bucs.
I've been a fan for more than 20 years. Since before I was a Chiefs fan.

patteeu
12-24-2007, 08:35 AM
The problem is they didn't start until Week 11 or so. They tried to hold on to the status quo as long as they could.

Like I said, if it's not done exactly like the non-GMs around here think it should be done, it sucks as bad as not doing it at all. I think it's perfectly reasonable to try to win and rebuild gradually first and if that isn't working out, go at it full bore. I endorse the organization's approach.

Hoover
12-24-2007, 08:36 AM
Good post.

The problem is we were leading the division at 4-3 near the half way mark of the season and we got all fu@ked up.

I have always thought this was going to be a rebuilding year. I'm happy that we have seen what we have in the young guys.

I'm also excited about the upcoming draft, not only will we getting a top pick, but we also have our full compliment of picks for the first time in a long time.

For as much as people bitch about our drafting, latley its been great. I'm confident in this teams ability to find players who can come in and make a difference.

I think the biggest misconseption is that if you are rebuilding you can't or shouldn't sign any veteran players. Thats wrong, its impossible to fill every position with a young player. I've had no problems with the Chiefs signing Donnie Edwards, that was a great signing in my opinion.

So while we need to use the draft to add youth in all areas on our team, we must also use our cap space to go add some solid vets to this team.

Rebuilding doesn't take 3 years in the NFL, it takes an offseason.

Hoover
12-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Like I said, if it's not done exactly like the non-GMs around here think it should be done, it sucks as bad as not doing it at all. I think it's perfectly reasonable to try to win and rebuild gradually first and if that isn't working out, go at it full bore. I endorse the organization's approach.
I'm with ya on Starting Croyle on sooner. But rebuilding is more than letting a young QB start.

58-4ever
12-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Don't worry, rebuilding will be over and we will be 9-7 in NO TIME!

kc1977
12-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Croyle supporters are not in favor of rebuilding.
Croyle supporters are in favor of wasting 3 more years with Croyle's lousiness.
Most Croyle supporters think Carl and the Chiefs can't draft worth crap - but that they just struck gold with Croyle and he happened to be one of a handful of good picks in 19 years. The other good picks - D.T., Tony G, and Jared Allen.
Croyle supporters for the most part want Carl Peterson gone - and basically, are willing to live with Croyle's crappiness to get Carl out of here.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 08:42 AM

I would say us non-GM's have rebuilt NFL franchises as much as Carl has with the Chiefs which = 0.

:)

Dave Lane
12-24-2007, 08:42 AM
I don't mind the rooks and mistakes at all. Its my complete lack of faith in Herm thats the problem. I really feeel if hes here 2 more years its just 2 years flushed down the toilet. I'm going to have to live to be 300 years old to see another Chiefs Superbowl victory.

Dave

kc1977
12-24-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't mind the rooks and mistakes at all. Its my complete lack of faith in Herm thats the problem. I really feeel if hes here 2 more years its just 2 years flushed down the toilet. I'm going to have to live to be 300 years old to see another Chiefs Superbowl victory.

Dave

The same way a lot of us (a lot more than people are willing to admit) think about Croyle.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 08:45 AM
Hmm, I thought you peole said you could handle a rebuilding year..

eat a bag of dicks, bitch

there's a huge difference between a rebuilding year and cluster f*ck.

suds79
12-24-2007, 08:45 AM
I can handle rebuilding.

I just can't handle rebuilding with the thought that Carl is the man doing it.

That thought just drives me crazy. We might as well just wait while time passes for him to retire.

KC Tattoo
12-24-2007, 08:46 AM
They should have called it a rebuilding year from the beginning of the season. That is my only complaint. And I still like Croyle as the starter.

Yea, they started the rebuilding season with KYle Turley at RT.

I still like Brodie and hoping he is our QB for a long time. I talked about letting him make his mistakes as young QBs do and learn from them. He has this offseason to study film and work with D Bowe.

Chiefs fans wanted a youth movement in the O-line for several years now. & they start the season with Kyle Turley? Lots of things this year were a lie. Drummond man that was a kick in the nuts when we could have had Phinisee. This was never going to be a true rebuilding year with Carl Peterson that is why so manny are upset. If the young players started the season and got better as the year went we would be just fine with that.

I think Carl Peterson has a spell on the "true Chiefs fans" that expect a rebuilding year with a 30+ year old QB and go 8-8 or 10-6 and sneek into the playoffs.

patteeu
12-24-2007, 08:52 AM

No there isn't. And it doesn't matter what approach they'd have taken, you'd find a reason to bitch about it. It's just who you are.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 08:52 AM

And that would be the "head" of the nail, ladies and gentlemen.

Oh, and thanks for the neg rep. I didn't think anyone took that rep shit seriously. But then, no one takes you seriously, so.........

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Yea, they started the rebuilding season with KYle Turley at RT.

I still like Brodie and hoping he is our QB for a long time. I talked about letting him make his mistakes as young QBs do and learn from them. He has this offseason to study film and work with D Bowe.

Chiefs fans wanted a youth movement in the O-line for several years now. & they start the season with Kyle Turley? Lots of things this year were a lie. Drummond man that was a kick in the nuts when we could have had Phinisee. This was never going to be a true rebuilding year with Carl Peterson that is why so manny are upset. If the young players started the season and got better as the year went we would be just fine with that.

I think Carl Peterson has a spell on the "true Chiefs fans" that expect a rebuilding year with a 30+ year old QB and go 8-8 or 10-6 and sneek into the playoffs.

QFT

:bravo:

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 09:01 AM
No there isn't. And it doesn't matter what approach they'd have taken, you'd find a reason to bitch about it. It's just who you are.
says the guy who has to ask who the chiefs starting QB is .... LMAO

please ...... the chiefs went into this "rebuilding" season with no plan.

on one hand they sign a 28 year old broken down returner and cut the young returner(Phinise) who has shown toughness in preseason.

we didn't start our young QB until week 10

we cut our young draft kicker after 1 game

we cut another fairly young kicker and then sign a 34 yr old who can't kick pass 40 yards.

we sign 2 veteran sucky offensive lineman and make the young guys sit.

hell .... we have like the 2nd oldest team in the league.

rebuilding ........ bullshite

they are making it up as they go along

you should stick to politics cause your knowledge about the chiefs is non-existent.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 09:01 AM
And that would be the "head" of the nail, ladies and gentlemen.
i smell "wolf"

wet, stinky wolf

smittysbar
12-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Hey, I agree. But that really has nothing to do with the thread. I'm talking about how people are throwing the players under the bus after a few starts.

Reading is fundemental.

Oh no, I read your post. You also said that people can't handle rebuilding and it is showing. And I am telling you that rebuilding was more of a cop out, that they used after they realized that they had a shitty team. And I stated why.

As it has been stated over and over, rebuilding does not start in week 11.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 09:09 AM

on one hand they sign a 28 year old broken down returner and cut the young returner(Phinise) who has shown toughness in preseason.

we cut another fairly young kicker and then sign a 34 yr old who can't kick pass 40 yards.

you should stick to politics cause your knowledge about the chiefs is non-existent.

Damn that is going to leave a mark

Guru
12-24-2007, 09:11 AM
Damn that is going to leave a mark
Patteeu deserved it.

talastan
12-24-2007, 09:12 AM
I think what CrazyHorse is basically stating isn't necessiarly about whether we went about rebuilding correctly or not...But about the numerous threads and statements of "Let's use our top pick to draft a franchise QB!" w/o giving Croyle a fighting chance to play behind an Offensive Line that can give him more than a split second to throw the ball. It's been pretty obvious the rebuilding phase this season didn't go as we had hoped or wanted it to, but this BS about saying that Croyle can't handle the starting QB job and we need to spend a gazillion dollars on a top five QB is ridiculous after only 4-5 starts. Those are the people he is calling out....

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 09:12 AM

I contend they are doing the best they can at keeping the stadium full. Because they knew ahead of time, the fans would shit down thier leg and bail. I mean look, they turned the team over to the youngsters in week 11. By week 13 most had bailed. They were right. Especially in your case.

I'm not saying I agree with all the decisions that were made. But that some fans aren't handling it in a way they said they would. We all knew how you would handle it. You're a one trick pony.

Dave Lane
12-24-2007, 09:16 AM
I could handle a 0-16 season if it meant Herm and Carl were gone and we had a GM and coach I believed had a plan in place like Dayton Moore for the Royals.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 09:17 AM
Oh no, I read your post. You also said that people can't handle rebuilding and it is showing. And I am telling you that rebuilding was more of a cop out, that they used after they realized that they had a shitty team. And I stated why.

As it has been stated over and over, rebuilding does not start in week 11.

Rebuilding doesn't end by week 11 either.

I also stated the following:

"Now I understand that bad play calling, and bad coaching weren't part of that. That isn't what I'm talking about. We have every right to complain about that.
I'm talking about rookie players that make mistakes, getting thrown under the bus. Especially Croyle."

You have to read it without contempt to get the point. You'll get it.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 09:18 AM
I think what CrazyHorse is basically stating isn't necessiarly about whether we went about rebuilding correctly or not...But about the numerous threads and statements of "Let's use our top pick to draft a franchise QB!" w/o giving Croyle a fighting chance to play behind an Offensive Line that can give him more than a split second to throw the ball. It's been pretty obvious the rebuilding phase this season didn't go as we had hoped or wanted it to, but this BS about saying that Croyle can't handle the starting QB job and we need to spend a gazillion dollars on a top five QB is ridiculous after only 4-5 starts. Those are the people he is calling out....

Bingo.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 09:21 AM
I contend they are doing the best they can at keeping the stadium full. Because they knew ahead of time, the fans would shit down thier leg and bail. I mean look, they turned the team over to the youngsters in week 11. By week 13 most had bailed. They were right.

This is where I disagree with you and others. If the Chiefs would have started this past off season at actually rebuilding this team and would have been honest about it no one would be bitching. But that is not what they did. They tried to squeeze one more year out of this team and it failed miserably and now people are pissed. Who likes getting lied to you?

I started a thread earlier in the season when I heard Carl say on the radio he could care less about playing the young guys even if they start losing. This guy knows nothing about how to rebuild a NFL team and the fans are sick of his bullshit and wanting to stay average to sell tickets.

eazyb81
12-24-2007, 09:26 AM

But at the same time, it was hardly 100% unanimous going into this season that Croyle was our YBOTF. I have never been a believer, and I firmly believe that you should not pass on a franchise QB if given the opportunity to draft one since you rarely get the chance to pick that high in the draft.

Olinemen can be picked up later in the draft or in free agency if you have quality talent evaluators, but it's rare to find a franchise QB unless you draft one in the 1st round.

Warrior5
12-24-2007, 09:28 AM
I have always thought this was going to be a rebuilding year. I'm happy that we have seen what we have in the young guys.

I'm also excited about the upcoming draft, not only will we getting a top pick, but we also have our full compliment of picks for the first time in a long time.

For as much as people bitch about our drafting, lately its been great. I'm confident in this teams ability to find players who can come in and make a difference.

I think the biggest misconception is that if you are rebuilding you can't or shouldn't sign any veteran players. Thats wrong, its impossible to fill every position with a young player. I've had no problems with the Chiefs signing Donnie Edwards, that was a great signing in my opinion.

So while we need to use the draft to add youth in all areas on our team, we must also use our cap space to go add some solid vets to this team. Rebuilding doesn't take 3 years in the NFL, it takes an offseason.

Exactly. Bingo. Tammam. Ganz genau. Ditto. Rep to you Hoover, and this post does NOT suck. I hope Herm gets two young O-lineman and a CB in FA.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 09:31 AM
but you can't yell "true fans" at people who are complaining when the quality of the rebuilding process is exactly the issue.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 09:33 AM
I contend they are doing the best they can at keeping the stadium full.
then they are not really rebuilding and therefore the whole premise of your thread is crap.

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Bingo.
Then perhaps you should've been more clear about that in your thread starter. Not everyone here is going to take the time to decipher what you "really" mean.

smittysbar
12-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Rebuilding doesn't end by week 11 either.

I also stated the following:

"Now I understand that bad play calling, and bad coaching weren't part of that. That isn't what I'm talking about. We have every right to complain about that.
I'm talking about rookie players that make mistakes, getting thrown under the bus. Especially Croyle."

You have to read it without contempt to get the point. You'll get it.

I thought you people could handle a rebuilding year. That was the topic starter, and pretty sure you wrote it. So I said why it wasn't a rebuilding year....get it

Reading comprehension.......pretty sad when you can't even comprehend what you wrote

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 09:39 AM
but you can't yell "true fans" at people who are complaining when the quality of the rebuilding process is exactly the issue.

I think I was talking more about the fans who are throwing players under the bus, and less about fans who are throwing the coaches and the GM under the bus. It's outlined in the thread starter if you don't believe me.

Any real fan can see that.

There. Now I've made a comment about real fans. That way, you dont look as ridiculous as we both know you are. It's like my Cristmas present to you.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I thought you people could handle a rebuilding year. That was the topic starter, and pretty sure you wrote it. So I said why it wasn't a rebuilding year....get it

Reading comprehension.......pretty sad when you can't even comprehend what you wrote

Had that been all I wrote, you may be correct. However, there's more. Go ahead and read it. I'll wait. It describes what I meant by that statement. You know, in the thread title.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 09:47 AM
I think I was talking more about the fans who are throwing players under the bus, and less about fans who are throwing the coaches and the GM under the bus. It's outlined in the thread starter if you don't believe me.

Any real fan can see that.

There. Now I've made a comment about real fans. That way, you dont look as ridiculous as we both know you are. It's like my Cristmas present to you.
backpedal much ..... you been trying to modify/quantify your original position since this stupid "bait" thread was started.

Chiefs fans are smart and they know bullshit and PR spin when they hear it. They had to learn to tell the difference because King Carl has fed they nothing but a diet of crap for the last 15 years.

Are the frustrated to see a half-assed rebuilding process after a 15 years strive for mediocrity ..... hell yes.

but they been through far too much crappy football to have to listen to a snot-nosed n00b tell them they aren't loyal enough to their football team.

Valiant
12-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Congratulations.

Any others?

One person is not a rebuilding year, so therefor your thread title has jack shit to do with your initial post material.. You do understand what you wrote correct???

TN_Chief
12-24-2007, 09:53 AM
There's a big difference between rebuilding and shitting the bed every week.

If it looked as though there was a coherent plan from the front office and coaching staff about what direction the team was headed I'd feel OK (though not happy with 4 wins). Since no plan like that appears to be in place...I'm freakin' outraged.

Messier
12-24-2007, 09:56 AM

I don't remember many people saying Drummond was broken down. People here were excited. Saying "Hey we got a returner just as good as Hall, plus a draft pick!"

They did the right thing starting Huard. They wanted to win as many games as possible. when it wasn't working they went to Croyle for good.

They had more than one game to see that Medlock wasn't working.

Yes, we cut Rayner too, because he couldn't make a flippin' 30 yarder! I think he cost us one maybe two games.

I agree the o-line has been mismanaged. They should have just gone with the younger players.

We have one of the oldest teams in the leauge but just because of four or so really old players Edwards, Law, Kennison, and Carney is 43. I think we start and play many young players, more than a lot of teams.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 09:58 AM
backpedal much ..... you been trying to modify/quantify your original position since this stupid "bait" thread was started.

Chiefs fans are smart and they know bullshit and PR spin when they hear it. They had to learn to tell the difference because King Carl has fed they nothing but a diet of crap for the last 15 years.

Are the frustrated to see a half-assed rebuilding process after a 15 years strive for mediocrity ..... hell yes.

but they been through far too much crappy football to have to listen to a snot-nosed n00b tell them they aren't loyal enough to their football team.

n00b?

What backpeddling? It's all right there in the initial thread starter.

PR spin is not my bag. I'm not happy with the way it's been done. As has been posted in the thread starter, I wasn't talking about the coaching or the GM, but the fans insistance on throwing the players they've asked for under the bus before they have had a reasonablee chance to progress.

You can do all the grandstanding you like. I'm not impressed.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 09:59 AM
One person is not a rebuilding year, so therefor your thread title has jack shit to do with your initial post material.. You do understand what you wrote correct???

But you get the point, correct?

smittysbar
12-24-2007, 10:00 AM

I don't think he does completely.

Valiant
12-24-2007, 10:00 AM
There's a big difference between rebuilding and shitting the bed every week.

If it looked as though there was a coherent plan from the front office and coaching staff about what direction the team was headed I'd feel OK (though not happy with 4 wins). Since no plan like that appears to be in place...I'm freakin' outraged.

Hey some of us predicted 4wins, but wanted to see all the young guys do it, not this shit that happened for half of the year.. Take out all the veterans you know are not going to be here next year and get the kids some NFL experience... But know Herm cannot even do that, he tried to pass the season off as not a rebuilding year until it blew up in his face..

****ing Huard for crying out loud..., Thankfully Kennison got hurt early on or Bowe would be seeing the 3rd slot to get on the field..

Valiant
12-24-2007, 10:02 AM
But you get the point, correct?

No, your thread made no point at all.. You had a misleading title that had nothing to do with the context of your thread...

TN_Chief
Hey some of us predicted 4wins, but wanted to see all the young guys do it, not this shit that happened for half of the year.. Take out all the veterans you know are not going to be here next year and get the kids some NFL experience... But know Herm cannot even do that, he tried to pass the season off as not a rebuilding year until it blew up in his face..

****ing Huard for crying out loud..., Thankfully Kennison got hurt early on or Bowe would be seeing the 3rd slot to get on the field..Agreed. I was on record for 5-11...still possible. Though I'd have much rather seen a low win total while playing almost exculsively young guys. The Chiefs accomplished nothing this season other than showing once again that Carl and Herm should be working at Arby's, not running an NFL franchise.

smittysbar
Off to x-mas shit, catch you all later

cdcox
12-24-2007, 10:05 AM
I can't speak for every fan, but here is the open book motivation behind my posts.

My goal is to win a SB. I think a total rebuild is in order. I also don't thing Carl is the GM for the job, nor do I want Herm Edwards as the coach. I want to give young players a chance, but not a free pass.

So, I'm gung ho on playing young people and taking the lumps. I'm 100% for that.

Now if playing young players causes Carl and/or Herm to have a bad record, am I going to give them a free pass on that record? No! I want them gone! Carl has had long enough. I never wanted Herm from day one. I won't criticize them for playing young players or not getting some old free agent, but I will pick on their many faults and if a bad record causes them to be replaced so much the better. No inconsistencies there at all.

Now as far as player criticism goes I give young guys 3 years, maybe more if they are making good progress. But no longer will I stick by a starter year after year when their play is mediocre or worse. We have to start having more players that are very good or better. My 3 year evaluation scale on young players.

Year 1 free pass.

For Croyle I consider this year 1 since he basically did nothing last year. Free pass this year. I expect him to show next season that he's learned from his experiences this year.

Bowe had a great rookie year, far above expectations. I still expect him to improve. Next year I want fewer drops and better separation from defenders.

Turk and Tank - rookie year. Free pass. I expect both of them to get at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the defensive snaps next year and I expect them to make some plays.

Year 2 I want to see something.

Hali showed me enough last year that I did not criticize his down year this year. Call it a sophomore slump. But I expect to see production at the level of his rookie year or above next year. Another year like this, and he goes on the must replace list.

Pollard and Page have both had ups and downs. Yes they are young, but I expect them to learn from their mistakes. Next year is it. Claim the position by the end of the season or you go on the must replace list.

Jeff Webb will never develop into a starter.

3rd year - I expect the player to have shown that he is one of the better players on the team. If not, then we need to get someone else at their position.

All of this is internally consistent with the desire to win a SB.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 10:06 AM
No, your thread made no point at all.. You had a misleading title that had nothing to do with the context of your thread...

You have my sympathy.

Thanks for your efforts. Though valiant I'm sure. Are very Herm Edwards like, and leave me flustrated trying to get you caught up. At the end of the day, you need to get over it.

CrazyHorse
12-24-2007, 10:07 AM
You have my sympathy.

Thanks for your efforts. Though valiant I'm sure. Are very Herm Edwards like, and leave me flustrated trying to get you caught up. At the end of the day, you need to get over it.

Starting a new QB is the very basis of rebuilding. For the record.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 10:12 AM

LMAO

So the Pats were rebuilding when they played Tom Brady and won the SB? Or how about the Steelers and Roethlisberger?

It takes more than just one player dufus.

talastan
12-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I can't speak for every fan, but here is the open book motivation behind my posts.

My goal is to win a SB. I think a total rebuild is in order. I also don't thing Carl is the GM for the job, nor do I want Herm Edwards as the coach. I want to give young players a chance, but not a free pass.

So, I'm gung ho on playing young people and taking the lumps. I'm 100% for that.

Now if playing young players causes Carl and/or Herm to have a bad record, am I going to give them a free pass on that record? No! I want them gone! Carl has had long enough. I never wanted Herm from day one. I won't criticize them for playing young players or not getting some old free agent, but I will pick on their many faults and if a bad record causes them to be replaced so much the better. No inconsistencies there at all.

Now as far as player criticism goes I give young guys 3 years, maybe more if they are making good progress. But no longer will I stick by a starter year after year when their play is mediocre or worse. We have to start having more players that are very good or better. My 3 year evaluation scale on young players.

Year 1 free pass.

For Croyle I consider this year 1 since he basically did nothing last year. Free pass this year. I expect him to show next season that he's learned from his experiences this year.

Bowe had a great rookie year, far above expectations. I still expect him to improve. Next year I want fewer drops and better separation from defenders.

Turk and Tank - rookie year. Free pass. I expect both of them to get at least 1/3 to 1/2 of the defensive snaps next year and I expect them to make some plays.

Year 2 I want to see something.

Hali showed me enough last year that I did not criticize his down year this year. Call it a sophomore slump. But I expect to see production at the level of his rookie year or above next year. Another year like this, and he goes on the must replace list.

Pollard and Page have both had ups and downs. Yes they are young, but I expect them to learn from their mistakes. Next year is it. Claim the position by the end of the season or you go on the must replace list.

Jeff Webb will never develop into a starter.

3rd year - I expect the player to have shown that he is one of the better players on the team. If not, then we need to get someone else at their position.

All of this is internally consistent with the desire to win a SB.
One of the most well thoughout posts I've seen regarding the youth movement!!! Rep to you and I completely agree! :clap:

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 10:20 AM
you say the chiefs are rebuilding
you say that starting a new QB is the "basis" of rebuilding

so then why did Croyle not start until Huard got hurt and forced the change after the season was 3/4 over?

in fact, virtually EVERY change to a young guy on offense was forced by an injury to a starting veteran.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 10:26 AM
you say the chiefs are rebuilding
you say that starting a new QB is the "basis" of rebuilding

so then why did Croyle not start until Huard got hurt and forced the change after the season was 3/4 over?

in fact, virtually EVERY change to a young guy on offense was forced by an injury to a starting veteran.

Now we can't have truth and logic on Chiefsplanet.

You need to go over to the OrangeMane to do that. Oh yeah Crazyhorse spends more time on that shit hole then he does on a Chiefs board.

I wonder who the "real fan" truly is. ;)

splatbass
12-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Congratulations.

Any others?

I understand and agree.

splatbass
12-24-2007, 11:02 AM

The few are extremely outspoken and dominate this board. How many posts have Reerun, Mecca and Talking Can made saying the same things over and over? They have made this place almost unbearable. More unbearable than watching the Chiefs offense.

KCrockaholic
12-24-2007, 11:04 AM
ok im confused...the title of the thread says "hmm, i thought you peole said you could handle a rebuilding year" and then you say we dont understand the topic of the thread when we talk about this not being a "rebuilding year"... now your trying to say the topic is about throwing brodie croyle "under the bus", doesnt make much sense to me

Mecca
12-24-2007, 11:19 AM
This was a fake rebuilding year, they only called it rebuilding when the team showed how bad it was..

My beef with Croyle has nothing to do with his picks or the young QB mistakes. No amount of games played is going to make him any less injury prone. He's missed more games in half a year than Manning, Brady, and Favre have in their careers combined...

cdcox
12-24-2007, 11:23 AM
This was a fake rebuilding year, they only called it rebuilding when the team showed how bad it was..

Yep. The talk at the beginning of the year was making the playoffs. Win now. Yadayadayada.

I remember when Marv Levy took over, he came out and said that it was a bad team that we will make better. You understood what the management's plan was and they stuck with it. It didn't pan out 100% but it was honest and refreshing.

Phobia
12-24-2007, 11:35 AM
I know it's a rebuilding year, you know it's a rebuilding year but the paid staff doesn't yet know or is unwilling to acknowledge. That's what irritates me.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 11:43 AM
I know it's a rebuilding year, you know it's a rebuilding year but the paid staff doesn't yet know or is unwilling to acknowledge. That's what irritates me.

Call me stupid but I didn't know this was a rebuilding year. We basically trotted out the same team as we did last year.

Mecca is right it was a fake rebuilding year.

Phobia
12-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Call me stupid but I didn't know this was a rebuilding year. We basically trotted out the same team as we did last year.
You should read that Phil Kloster guy's columns. He's always right.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Mecca is right it was a fake rebuilding year.
seems like to me it only became a "rebuilding" year after we started sucking.

luv
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Who?

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 11:51 AM

I do sometimes he is pretty good but not as good as some dude name Clayton Wendler. :Poke:

Seriously though you wrote at the beginning of the season that the Chiefs were rebuilding?

Valiant
ok im confused...the title of the thread says "hmm, i thought you peole said you could handle a rebuilding year" and then you say we dont understand the topic of the thread when we talk about this not being a "rebuilding year"... now your trying to say the topic is about throwing brodie croyle "under the bus", doesnt make much sense to me

It makes more sense when you figure out the kid is an idiot..

dirk digler
seems like to me it only became a "rebuilding" year after we started sucking.

yep

Phobia
12-24-2007, 11:54 AM
I do sometimes he is pretty good but not as good as some dude name Clayton Wendler. :Poke:

Seriously though you wrote at the beginning of the season that the Chiefs were rebuilding?
First sentence of my 8-24 column: "The 2007 Kansas City Chiefs are rebuilding." In that same column I predicted a 6-10 record.

TEX
12-24-2007, 11:55 AM
It was rebuilding by default - that's what makes me mad. The Chiefs backed into it after the season was lost. It shows absolutely no vision. Furthermore, it echoes cowardice and leads one to believe that those in charge don't have what it takes to get the job done.

luv
12-24-2007, 11:55 AM
First sentence of my 8-24 column: "The 2007 Kansas City Chiefs are rebuilding." In that same column I predicted a 6-10 record.
6-10? And you said you were always right?

Deberg_1990
12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Proof the Chiefs had no intention of rebuilding until they were forced to about halfway through the season:

Priest Holmes. Carl Peterson PR move plain and simple.

KCChiefsFan88
12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
I have been consistent in my belief that Croyle isn't NFL starting QB-caliber.

Rebuilding is fine, but if you are rebuilding with an unqualified QBOTF you are taking your franchise to the road to nowhere.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 11:58 AM

Wow I guess I am stupid. Good job.

To me it looked like the same team from last year with a few additions like Boone, Donnie, and Harris on D.

On offense we added McCintosh and Bowe and that was it. Heck I bet if Eddie wasn't hurt in the first game Bowe probably wouldn't have played much until Week 10-11 when we gave up.

Phobia
12-24-2007, 11:58 AM
6-10? And you said you were always right?
I should have said I'm always in the ballpark - sometimes.

luv
12-24-2007, 12:01 PM
I should have said I'm always in the ballpark - sometimes.
Better.

ChiefsLV
12-24-2007, 12:14 PM

The title of this thread should have been "Hmm, I thought you people said you could handle a losing year." which people on this board were hoping for instead of the same-ol mediocre record we were headed towards. Now if you want to play word games and call it something else because you can't handle a losing season, go ahead if it helps you sleep at night.

Mecca
12-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Wow I guess I am stupid. Good job.

To me it looked like the same team from last year with a few additions like Boone, Donnie, and Harris on D.

On offense we added McCintosh and Bowe and that was it. Heck I bet if Eddie wasn't hurt in the first game Bowe probably wouldn't have played much until Week 10-11 when we gave up.

This whole season was based on fooling people, hell they got a good majority of this board to believe they were a good team and improved from last year.

ChiefsLV
12-24-2007, 12:22 PM
I have been consistent in my belief that Croyle isn't NFL starting QB-caliber.

Rebuilding is fine, but if you are rebuilding with an unqualified QBOTF you are taking your franchise to the road to nowhere.

You know if you sat back and predicted that every QB coming out of college was not a starting caliber NFL QB, you'd be right like 97% of the time. Those are pretty damn good odds and you'd look like a genius. or not.... four games is not enough behind possibly the worst OL in the league. But all this arguing won't really amount to anything. Croyle will get his shot next year.

Valiant
12-24-2007, 12:23 PM
You know if you sat back and predicted that every QB coming out of college was not a starting caliber NFL QB, you'd be right like 97% of the time. Those are pretty damn good odds and you'd look like a genius. or not.... four games is not enough behind possible the worst OL in the league. But all this arguing won't really amount to anything. Croyle will get his shot next year.

Croyle had better get his shot next year, but I can see Herm and Carl making a change because they do not want to wait..

Mecca
12-24-2007, 12:25 PM
Croyle had better get his shot next year, but I can see Herm and Carl making a change because they do not want to wait..

If they do that for that reason, then it will be a change to a vet which is the wrong move....

I know people want to believe in Brodie Croyle but at the same time he's done nothing to say you don't need to look at a QB in the top 10.

Pablo
12-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I'd rather take Colt Brennan in the 2nd round if anything. He's projected to go Mid-2nd.

He impresses me just as much as Ryan/Brohm/Woodson...and he'd come a whole lot cheaper.

Phobia
12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
If they do that for that reason, then it will be a change to a vet which is the wrong move....

I know people want to believe in Brodie Croyle but at the same time he's done nothing to say you don't need to look at a QB in the top 10.
I don't have a problem with taking another QB if he's the best value where we're drafting and we can't get good value trading down. But you can't say Croyle won't develop based on 4 games behind a porous offensive line. Yes, he's been hurt twice. No, he's not as durable as Brett Favre. Who is?

crazycoffey
12-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I reserve the inalienable right to flip flop on the topic of my choice.....

Rain Man
12-24-2007, 12:40 PM
There's no reason you can't win a Super Bowl in a rebuilding year.

Mecca
12-24-2007, 12:41 PM
I don't have a problem with taking another QB if he's the best value where we're drafting and we can't get good value trading down. But you can't say Croyle won't develop based on 4 games behind a porous offensive line. Yes, he's been hurt twice. No, he's not as durable as Brett Favre. Who is?

I'd feel a lot more comfortable giving him the benefit of the doubt if his #1 knock on draft day wasn't that he's injury prone...I just can't give him the benefit of the doubt when his MO and history says "hey this guy is gonna get hurt most likely"

Valiant
12-24-2007, 12:43 PM

We still don't know about Brodie, he had what 4-5 games played started?? Everybody says grade after three years, the kid hasn't even got a half a season under his belt and people are ready to give up on him.. If we would have started him the whole year we would have known more about him..

And then our line, How much better would Brodie be with even an average line?? I have no problem drafting another Qb, but get Huard gone and take the temptation away from Herm and Carl that he can win us 8games and make us barely competitive to fill the seats..

Again everybody says 3years to grade, I say we give him all of next year and maybe the year after that if he stays injury free.. If he cannot make it next year throughout the whole year I would say backup just from the standpoint he wouldn't be able to make a full regular season..

His durability is my only concern on Brodie, well that and our coaching staff not progressing his abilities.. What is with the organization and not wanting to develop a QB?? ****in frustrating..

Simplex3
12-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Don't help the reading-impaired, this is funny.

splatbass
12-24-2007, 12:46 PM
It was rebuilding by default - that's what makes me mad. The Chiefs backed into it after the season was lost. It shows absolutely no vision. Furthermore, it echoes cowardice and leads one to believe that those in charge don't have what it takes to get the job done.

It was always a rebuilding year, they just tried to convince people at first that it wasn't because they wanted to sell tickets. Many people that are now claiming it isn't a rebuilding year were saying it was during training camp. Is your memory that bad? It is the revisionist history by some on here that bothers me.

Simplex3
12-24-2007, 12:47 PM
This is where I disagree with you and others. If the Chiefs would have started this past off season at actually rebuilding this team and would have been honest about it no one would be bitching.
I disagree completely. We would have heard 90% of these same people bitching about Croyle, but it would have been in week 4 instead of now.

Jilly
12-24-2007, 12:47 PM
regressing is not exactly rebuilding

crazycoffey
12-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Sometimes you can give a man a gold brick and he'll bitch about the shape.....

Simplex3
12-24-2007, 12:48 PM
then they are not really rebuilding and therefore the whole premise of your thread is crap.
LMAO

Take a reading class before you continue to embarrass yourself.

Simplex3
12-24-2007, 12:49 PM
Then perhaps you should've been more clear about that in your thread starter. Not everyone here is going to take the time to decipher what you "really" mean.
This makes perfect sense. If "decipher" meant "bothered to read the thread opener."

kcfanXIII
12-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I flip flopped. i've stood behind herm wanting to give him a chance. not anymore. i've seen enough of his game mismanagement, and heard enough of his cliches, to realize this guy will never win a super bowl. scared to score, and unable to stop anyone, is a recipe for disaster.

as for croyle, he should get the start at the beginning of next season. by week 12, around the time he started this season, we should have a better idea what he's all about. if he's that bad, we go after a qb NEXT year. we need to focus on o-line, and CB in the draft. this team has too many holes to fill to draft a qb in the first round.

Simplex3
12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
There are about five people on this board who don't read whole posts. When those five do their thing, a bunch of other people pile on. The entire pile is stupid.

Could the title on the thread have been different? Sure. But if you're going to f**king post in a thread you ought to bother reading the f**king opener for Pete's sake.

ClevelandBronco
12-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Reading is fundemental.

Spelling is optional.

FringeNC
12-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Herm and Carl simply have no credibility. Fans doubt their abilities to pull of a rebuilding project.

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 01:47 PM
I disagree completely. We would have heard 90% of these same people bitching about Croyle, but it would have been in week 4 instead of now.

I probably shouldn't have put no one because there is always people that are going to bitch. You can't please everyone.

But the majority wouldn't have bitched IMHO.

FAX
12-24-2007, 02:20 PM
According to ancient Mayan tradition, if a big tree falls on your house and crushes your refrigerator and smashes your bathroom to bits while your wife is taking a shower and makes a big hole in your living room where your sofa used to be, you have to rebuild. But, don't hire the first kid who gets off the short bus to do the job, though.

FAX

Frankie
12-24-2007, 02:36 PM
According to ancient Mayan tradition, if a big tree falls on your house and crushes your refrigerator and smashes your bathroom to bits while your wife is taking a shower and makes a big hole in your living room where your sofa used to be, you have to rebuild. But, don't hire the first kid who gets off the short bus to do the job, though.

FAX
And don't replace your smashed stereo first.

Gee I feel the wisdom of Mr. FAX taking over my soul.

KCJohnny
12-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Crazy Horse makes a fair pitch here. One of the most disappointing aspects of cyberspace communities is the anonymity of the members and the disingenuous flip-flopping of positions.

Thanks for posting this, CH. Rep.

Merry Christmas,
KCJ
:arrow:

TEX
12-24-2007, 02:52 PM
It was always a rebuilding year, they just tried to convince people at first that it wasn't because they wanted to sell tickets. Many people that are now claiming it isn't a rebuilding year were saying it was during training camp. Is your memory that bad? It is the revisionist history by some on here that bothers me.

Actions speak louder than words. They said and did 2 different things.

stonedstooge
12-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Did King Carl and Herm put you up to starting this post to try and deflect some of the blame away from themselves. It sounds like the same kind of BS theyve been spewing all year. Now are they going to try and blame it on the fans?

smittysbar
12-24-2007, 03:25 PM
How do you know anyone didn't read the article?

Iowanian
12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I've been calling for a rebuild since last year and have been one saying I could handle it.

I was also one that wanted the young QB in week 5, after a rough road schedule through then. I wanted to see young Olinemen playing, and younger players worked in throughout the roster.

The youth movement I wanted to see, and Herm was claiming I was seeing wasn't until he'd gotten a ton of injured veterans and was FORCED to play them.

Don't tell me its been a youth movement when I was getting the "we're in first place, even though we play like shit....we're a game out of first place.

I didn't see much of Kolby Smith, until LJ was hurt, Bennet was traded, Holmes got a curtain call...then, the Young back gets his carries. I've watched Kris Wilson pretend to play fb for how many games, before they actually started putting the only FB on the team into games? You think Bowe is starting if kennison doesn't get hurt on the first play?

We've had project Olinemen watching a steroidless John Welbourne stink up the field next to an old and undersized Weigeman, a plethora of turd at RT....Herb taylor doesn't see the field until week 16?

Please.
Young players have played, but this has been a clusterf@ck of a season, even from a rebuilding standpoint.

KCJohnny
12-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Iowanian:
I share both your passion and your disappointment.
However, as a 2006 playoff team sitting atop the AFC West in week 8, Herm had to play the players that gave us the best chance to win.

Merry Christmas,
KCJ

Fruit Ninja
12-24-2007, 04:25 PM
You lied.

Merry Christmas.
Yet, we are the 2nd oldest team in the NFL.

Iowanian
12-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Merry Christmas to you.

That said....the playoff appearance last season was a fluke, and probably the worst thing that could have happend to this team. It has given Herm and Carl and excuse to try to cram the "contender" crap down the throat of the collective fan base.

I came into this season with little expectation(well documented on this board). I'm disappointed that more wasn't done last offseason to improve the offensive line which wouldn't compete well in DI football at this point.

The fact that the Chiefs were on top of the AFCW spoke more about the utter suckage that this division has been and disappointment of san diego and denver's records at that time, than it did as an accomplishment of the Chiefs.

I look no further than the fact that "Drummond the Suck" is STILL on this roster. I can't fathom that an available FA could do much worse, and at least has the POSSIBILITY of being on the roster next year.

You're rebuilding? Great. Show me some players on the field that are being tested for their FUTURE here. Half of this roster has NONE.

If the roster doesn't have 20-25 new players next season going into week 1, I'm going to go ahead and assume that I've got more sundays to bow hunt next fall.

Iowanian:
I share both your passion and your disappointment.
however, as a 2006 playoff team sitting atop the AFC West in week 8, Herm had to play the players that gave us the best chance to win.

Merry Christmas,
KCJ

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Merry Christmas to you.

That said....the playoff appearance last season was a fluke, and probably the worst thing that could have happend to this team. It has given Herm and Carl and excuse to try to cram the "contender" crap down the throat of the collective fan base.

I came into this season with little expectation(well documented on this board). I'm disappointed that more wasn't done last offseason to improve the offensive line which wouldn't compete well in DI football at this point.

The fact that the Chiefs were on top of the AFCW spoke more about the utter suckage that this division has been and disappointment of san diego and denver's records at that time, than it did as an accomplishment of the Chiefs.

I look no further than the fact that "Drummond the Suck" is STILL on this roster. I can't fathom that an available FA could do much worse, and at least has the POSSIBILITY of being on the roster next year.

You're rebuilding? Great. Show me some players on the field that are being tested for their FUTURE here. Half of this roster has NONE.

If the roster doesn't have 20-25 new players next season going into week 1, I'm going to go ahead and assume that I've got more sundays to bow hunt next fall.

Great post.

Merry Christmas to you, brideowanian, and any kidowanians you may have.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Crazy Horse makes a fair pitch here. One of the most disappointing aspects of cyberspace communities is the anonymity of the members and the disingenuous flip-flopping of positions.

Merry Christmas,
KCJ
wow........ you taking the side against any fan that's complaining.

that's a shocker

you're unbiased opinion has changed my mind .... crazydoink is correct, all you fans suck.

KCJohnny
12-24-2007, 04:57 PM
wow........ you taking the side against any fan that's complaining.

that's a shocker

you're unbiased opinion has changed my mind .... crazydoink is correct, all you fans suck.
Naw, its just that internet behavior allows people to hide their true identities, complain endlessly against the GM/HC, and call for radical changes, etc... and then whine when that course of action is undertaken. Can't have it both ways.

I am one of the posters who has endured the endless/mindless dogpiling by taking a position. Its nice to see someone holding the community to some level of accountability.

I have little use for the cowardly group-behavior that thrives on cheap shots and spineless carping at those who do take a position.

Merry Christmas
KCJ

Chief Faithful
12-24-2007, 05:07 PM
Merry Christmas to you.

"Drummond the Suck" and "Welbourn the Hapless". When Niswanger went down they should have replaced him with Stallings.

Herm should also replace Law with Sapp, McIntosh with "Herbie the Love Bug", and start Tank over Edwards for the last game.

Mr. Laz
12-24-2007, 05:11 PM
Naw, its just that internet behavior allows people to hide their true identities, complain endlessly against the GM/HC, and call for radical changes, etc... and then whine when that course of action is undertaken. Can't have it both ways.

I am one of the posters who has endured the endless/mindless dogpiling by taking a position. Its nice to see someone holding the community to some level of accountability.

I have little use for the cowardly group-behavior that thrives on cheap shots and spineless carping at those who do take a position.

Merry Christmas
KCJ
oh come now ..... you brag endlessly about how you are a unapologetic homer.

don't act like you now use logic and actually change your position.

there's a certain thread that got bumped up today where you laughed it off about how sucky your prediction are because your such a homer.

wouldn't be near the complaining if Carl hadn't sucked for the last decade.

let me repeat ........ A DECADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phobia
12-24-2007, 06:00 PM

Merry Christmas
KCJ
Let me see if I have this right.

You posted some moronic predictions.

It's our fault.

alanm
12-24-2007, 07:01 PM
I'd rather take Colt Brennan in the 2nd round if anything. He's projected to go Mid-2nd.

He impresses me just as much as Ryan/Brohm/Woodson...and he'd come a whole lot cheaper.
Unless some team decides to go to a spread offense. Which ain't going to happen. Colt Brennan has about as much chance in the NFL as Chase Daniel.

ROYC75
12-24-2007, 08:07 PM
You people and the spread offense QB's, you want a Michael Vick in KC ? A Vince Young ? How about we find a pocket QB that willhave a better chance to suceed in the NFL ?

FTR ? How many spread offense QB's are there playing in the NFL now ?

Brock
12-24-2007, 08:11 PM
This wasn't a rebuilding year. This was an idiotic coaching and poor performing players year.

BigChiefFan
12-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Rebuilding year? That's laughable.

Count Zarth
12-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Even in a rebuilding year, you should be able to beat the ****ing Raiders.

burt
12-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Even in a rebuilding year, you should be able to beat the ****ing Raiders.

Absof***inglutely. I wasn't against Herm when he came to us....I said give the man a chance. His and Solari's idiocy has caused me to completely flip. I have NO faith in our coaches....none. This is my complaint. Yes the oline sucks, but poor coaching has made our team losers. Rebuilding means rebuilding, NOT looking completely clueless.

kcfanXIII
12-24-2007, 09:00 PM
ah, i love how KCjohnny has made this about himself. the crap that comes from that guy's keyboard wouldn't even make it on WPI. and he wants to make it sound like we pile on him because he "makes a stand." i hate to say this on xmas eve, but we pile on you kcjohnny because you are a no talent hack.
you belong on whatever island hootie was exiled too. you're "i got a good feeling about tomorrow's game" threads are so generic, i wouldn't be suprised to find a mad lib that is remarkably similar to your posts.
've said it before, i won't download CPiggy because i feel i might miss out on some act of stupidity that becomes the stuff of legend. but if i were to download it, i could narrow my list to three. kcjohnny you would be at the top of the list, followed by gochiefs, and hootie, in case he ever comes back. the three of them continually prove they have no football knowledge, and will not admit when they get one or six wrong.

edit:merry fuggin xmas

xbarretx
12-24-2007, 09:07 PM

i say they will change there minds once we upgrade our offensive line for next year and get Bowe and TG some "REAL" help. lets actually get some actualy depth at receivers and Brodie will be good. out receivers constantly drop balls, and yes Croyle makes RC QB mistakes. bandwagon fans need to get over it. if next year Brodie shows hes not a good canidate for a QBOTF then our picks should still be good (i.e. b/c our record should suck) then we try again, and re-go through RC QB mistakes while continuing to build a shadow of a complete team.

good man Simplex :clap:

burt
12-24-2007, 09:19 PM
i say they will change there minds once we upgrade our offensive line for next year and get Bowe and TG some "REAL" help. lets actually get some actualy depth at receivers and Brodie will be good. out receivers constantly drop balls, and yes Croyle makes RC QB mistakes. bandwagon fans need to get over it. if next year Brodie shows hes not a good canidate for a QBOTF then our picks should still be good (i.e. b/c our record should suck) then we try again, and re-go through RC QB mistakes while continuing to build a shadow of a complete team.

good man Simplex :clap:

Sure...and Solari will Run,run, Pass and punt. Heck, we can't be havin' no Arena football team!

Count Zarth
12-24-2007, 09:20 PM
followed by gochiefs

And where did you get your avatar from?

Phobia
12-24-2007, 09:23 PM
From where did you receive your avatar?

burt
12-24-2007, 09:24 PM

Be nice, that was the only way he can have anything "dangling".....

Count Zarth
12-24-2007, 09:25 PM

My good friend Hamas.

xbarretx
12-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Sure...and Solari will Run,run, Pass and punt. Heck, we can't be havin' no Arena football team!

sorry, i thought a coaching staff turnover was without question ;) thus i didnt say it

kcfanXIII
12-24-2007, 11:34 PM
And where did you get your avatar from?

by your arrogance i'm guessing you. its your lack of accountability that would get you a spot on that list. have you even admitted you were wrong about huard? i don't get pissed at every thing you say, and i was actually debating if i should put you on the list.

Count Zarth
12-25-2007, 12:10 AM
by your arrogance i'm guessing you..

Yep. Show a little appreciation.

xbarretx
12-25-2007, 12:16 AM

ROFL

kcfanXIII
12-25-2007, 12:18 AM
how bout you consider me not installing cpiggy and ignoring your ass like so many have done, counts as appreciation.

POND_OF_RED
12-25-2007, 12:19 AM
This is all Sasha Kaun's fault.

Count Zarth
12-25-2007, 12:20 AM
how bout you consider me not installing cpiggy and ignoring your ass like so many have done, counts as appreciation.

Sorry, I just think you're kind of a dick for saying "Oh, I'll take this handy avatar you created, but I might just place you on ignore."

xbarretx
12-25-2007, 12:21 AM

actually, according to Merriam Websters Dictionary thats the 3rd meaning of the word.

1 a: judgment, evaluation; especially : a favorable critical estimate b: sensitive awareness; especially : recognition of aesthetic values c: an expression of admiration, approval, or gratitude
2: increase in value
3: not installing cpiggy and ignoring your ass like so many have done

kcfanXIII
12-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Sorry, I just think you're kind of a dick for saying "Oh, I'll take this handy avatar you created, but I might just place you on ignore."

THIS JUST IN.... GOCHIEFS FINALLY RIGHT!!!

he calls kcfanxii kind of a dick, and kcfanxiii does not deny he can be kind of a dick sometimes.

smittysbar
12-25-2007, 12:45 AM

Merry Christmas,
KCJ

Fair pitch how? Because he got duped by Herm and Carl?

Let's get this straight! Carl told me face to face that he thought we had a very good team going into this year at training camp definitely a playoff contender..........pretty sure that ain't rebuilding, but I probably couldn't think straight with my pants pulled up that high either............"anybody got any cheeeeeeeeeeeeese"

CrazyHorse
12-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Fair pitch how? Because he got duped by Herm and Carl?

Let's get this straight! Carl told me face to face that he thought we had a very good team going into this year at training camp definitely a playoff contender..........pretty sure that ain't rebuilding, but I probably couldn't think straight with my pants pulled up that high either............"anybody got any cheeeeeeeeeeeeese"

Duped by Herm and Carl how? I've already stated more than once that this has less to do with thier poor decisions and more to do with your not standing behind what you said you would do? Meaning until now, I was duped by you.

**** you're stupid.

smittysbar
12-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Duped by Herm and Carl how? I've already stated more than once that this has less to do with thier poor decisions and more to do with your not standing behind what you said you would do? Meaning until now, I was duped by you.

**** you're stupid.

No, No, that would be you! Get it through your head, all I am saying is that we were not rebuilding going into this year, I stand behind what I have said, I haven't gave up on these young guys. You were duped by believing this was a rebuilding year!

**** your still stupid, after 11 pages of people trying to explain it to you!

CrazyHorse
12-25-2007, 06:33 PM
No, No, that would be you! Get it through your head, all I am saying is that we were not rebuilding going into this year, I stand behind what I have said, I haven't gave up on these young guys. You were duped by believing this was a rebuilding year!

**** your still stupid, after 11 pages of people trying to explain it to you!

This thread, once again was more about how fan reaction to the QB has been. Yes, one facet of the rebuilding. Many of the same fans that were saying they could handle losing with a new QB if they would just try to groom one, are now flopping the other way. The thread was intended to call them out. If you're not one of them then why spend 11 pages trying to tell me I'm saying one thing, while I explain to you what I mean? Surely by now, you have to be getting a clue.

This thread isn't about.... are we rebuilding? Its not about if you like how we are doing it. If we did it at the right time. Was Carl right. Was Herm right. It's not about, are the players we have now old. It's not about who made it out of camp and who didn't. If you want to grind your ax on those issues, knock yourself out.

It's about fans. Fans that are bitching about what they HAVE asked for. A new starting QB that we drafted. A major facet of rebuilding a team. Starting a QB and building a team around him.

How come so many here can come to terms with what I'm trying to say while you spend all your efforts grinding your ax?

Is ther something wrong with you?

Iowanian
12-25-2007, 06:50 PM
Let me clarify my position for the hockey helmet wearing walker-Americans.

I'm perfectly content with what I've seen out of Croyle. He's got some work to do, but he's given me reason to believe he at least has the potential to be a solid contributor to this team.

The GM has sucked worse than the poor old man in Des Moines who fell head first into a septic tank for 2 hrs on Christmas Eve.

Let me be clear.....I'd rather spend an hour, upside down in that guy's septic tank, than have another 5 years of "Carl the Suck" and "herman the impotent".

I'm NOT fine with being told I'm watching a rebuild, while watching young o-linemen, who couldn't suck any worse standing on the sidelines while the old goats are grazing at midfield.

burt
12-25-2007, 07:59 PM
This thread isn't about.... are we rebuilding? Its not about if you like how we are doing it. If we did it at the right time. Was Carl right. Was Herm right. It's not about, are the players we have now old. It's not about who made it out of camp and who didn't. If you want to grind your ax on those issues, knock yourself out.

It's about fans. Fans that are bitching about what they HAVE asked for.

Now, after all this dialog, I want to clarify, for "the helmet wearing Walker-Americans".... This thread is about PEOLE!!!!

Hmm, I thought you peole said you could handle a rebuilding year.
ROFL