PDA

View Full Version : Will the Chiefs screw up once again and beat the Jets?

Kris Kringle
12-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Thoughts? I'm a St. Louis, Atlanta and Baltimore fan this week. Oh, and the Jets too.

Sperminator
12-24-2007, 08:54 AM
We feel the same way.... Please Herm, if you do anything good for the Jets, beat us next sunday. I beg of you.

Dylan
12-24-2007, 08:57 AM
:D

Bill Parcells
12-24-2007, 08:57 AM
I think it will be the lowest point ever as a Jet fan if Herm wins next week. Mangini will face William Wallace type retribution if that happens.

Messier
12-24-2007, 09:06 AM
A very very small part of me wants the Chiefs to lose. I would be far more disappointed if the Chiefs look like they aren't trying to win. They looked good against the Lions, in that you could see the effort, If they show that same effort next week I won't be very upset.

the Talking Can
12-24-2007, 09:09 AM
bank on it

Huard will throw for 400 yards and 5 TDs.

the Talking Can
12-24-2007, 09:10 AM
A very very small part of me wants the Chiefs to lose. I would be far more disappointed if the Chiefs look like they aren't trying to win. They looked good against the Lions, in that you could see the effort, If they show that same effort next week I won't be very upset.

every fiber of my being wants the Chiefs to lose...there is nothing to be gained from winning this game...

dirk digler
12-24-2007, 09:10 AM
I think the Chiefs will lose by at least 2 TD's.

BigRedChief
12-24-2007, 09:14 AM
We have at least the # 8 slot next year all swoled up.

KC Tattoo
12-24-2007, 09:16 AM
The Kansas City Jets VS. The New York Chiefs

Dylan
12-24-2007, 09:17 AM
The Kansas City Jets VS. The New York Chiefs
ROFL

Kris Kringle
12-24-2007, 09:18 AM
I want Tony G to get a TD or two. I'd like Bowe to get a TD or two. And I'd like us to lose. That's a tall order. Ultimately, I just want the Chiefs to lose.

Messier
12-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Like I said, I hope the Chiefs want to win, and if they do I'll be happy for them. I'm sure there will be lots of banghead posts here if they do.

Valiant
12-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Like I said, I hope the Chiefs want to win, and if they do I'll be happy for them. I'm sure there will be lots of banghead posts here if they do.

Hell yes there would and rightfully so.. Winning a game this year is short term for it will provide zero benefit to the team, whereas losing has a chance to make them better next year..

As for all those that believe the tripe winning makes you better over the one game, 15+ years of it past our last playoff win proves otherwise.. Winning has zero chance to help us next year, Losing at least gives us a shot to grab a better player one or two slots higher throughout most of the draft..

Deberg_1990
12-24-2007, 09:47 AM
This should be a funny game.

It should be billed as: "Who Wants it the Least?"

Watch as the Chiefs and Jets battle to give the game away to each other.

CBS might as well assign WPI to do the play by play.

banyon
12-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Keep it close and then put it in the hands of Samie Parker.

Messier
12-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Hell yes there would and rightfully so.. Winning a game this year is short term for it will provide zero benefit to the team, whereas losing has a chance to make them better next year..

As for all those that believe the tripe winning makes you better over the one game, 15+ years of it past our last playoff win proves otherwise.. Winning has zero chance to help us next year, Losing at least gives us a shot to grab a better player one or two slots higher throughout most of the draft..

But are you saying the Chiefs should half-ass it? I want them to try as hard as they can to win. If they don't, the draft won't help, the team is in trouble next year regardless.

|Zach|
12-24-2007, 10:04 AM
I think we win.

Spicy McHaggis
12-24-2007, 10:05 AM
I hope we cream the jets. It will show that this team has really turned the corner and is done rebuilding. Throw in a veteran QB in Pennington and let it ride!

suds79
12-24-2007, 10:07 AM

ROFL that oughta do it

Saulbadguy
12-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Will Gunther_Fan screw up and keep living? I hope not.

Mecca
12-24-2007, 11:27 AM
It would be pure Chiefs to cost themselves 4 or 5 draft spots by winning a meaningless game.

Sure-Oz
12-24-2007, 11:36 AM
I want us to look decent but lose in the end or something, no winning, must have higher draft pick!!!!!!!

Sure-Oz
12-24-2007, 11:37 AM
It would be pure Chiefs to cost themselves 4 or 5 draft spots by winning a meaningless game.
Herm wants to show the NYJ made a mistake for trading him, chiefs 40-jets 0

domination, herm returns an int for a TD

Valiant
12-24-2007, 11:55 AM
But are you saying the Chiefs should half-ass it? I want them to try as hard as they can to win. If they don't, the draft won't help, the team is in trouble next year regardless.

The great thing is they don't have to half-ass it, they are that bad of a team.. Coaching and ignorant mistakes by certain veterans will cause the team to lose.. And Herm is just the coach to play them the whole game...

Messier
12-24-2007, 12:52 PM
The great thing is they don't have to half-ass it, they are that bad of a team.. Coaching and ignorant mistakes by certain veterans will cause the team to lose.. And Herm is just the coach to play them the whole game...

Well, then again it won't matter if we win or lose right? Because no matter who we draft Herm will mess it up as well as the other players. So who cares where we draft.

StcChief
12-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Jets win by 2. in a block buster12-10. as we miss another FG at the end.

Skip Towne
12-24-2007, 01:58 PM
The Chiefs need a thorough and complete ass kicking. The worse the better. I want EVERYBODY pissed off at Carl.

CoMoChief
12-24-2007, 02:00 PM
The Chiefs need a thorough and complete ass kicking. The worse the better. I want EVERYBODY pissed off at Carl.
I almost pretty much feel the same way.

I'd rather have Croyle light it up and we score 30 pts and lose the game.

At least show improvement on offense.

Crush
12-24-2007, 02:20 PM
There is no chance in hell that we win this game.

Boris The Great
12-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Winning a game this year is short term for it will provide zero benefit to the team
Classic message board BS. If winning provides no benefit, then why does every player on the team want to win so bad? Are they just stupid? You are smarter than they are, is that it?

Players have talked about wanting to win these final games so they have even the slightest bit of momentum, something to build on for next season. They have talked about wanting to win for Brodie so he can have his first victory as a starter. Allen said that it is easier to train in the offseason when guys can end the year on an up note and know they are working towards something the next year.

I want to see the team get a high draft pick just like anybody else. But I cant believe people are actually going to sit around saying that a win will provide the team with no benefit, as if posters on Chiefsplanet have a better understanding of it than the actual players on the field do. Total crap.

Elwaysux
12-24-2007, 04:25 PM
I just got home and found out a "friend" sent me two tickets for the game Sunday. Upper deck, cold late afternoon game, two bad teams.... But I never miss the Chiefs on the East Coast so I will be there.

OnTheWarpath58
12-24-2007, 04:55 PM

This team won't be "this" team next year anyway.

They don't need to tank, they are fully capable of losing to the Jets with 110% effort.

pikesome
12-24-2007, 05:11 PM

Once again Skip brings the true word down from the mountain.

Dylan
12-24-2007, 06:10 PM
ROFL you guys kill me... so funny!!!

priceless ROFL

where's Monday Nite's DA DA DA DAAA game thread?

tia

the Talking Can
12-24-2007, 06:31 PM
why do we want a bunch worthless losers, who are going to be cut in mass, to win a game that would cost us 3-4 draft slots in every damn round?

will a win magically turn a piece of shit loser like Welbourne in to a good player? Svitek? Turley? Reed?...of course not...

do we want to give this retarded franchise ANY reason to retain any of these ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS coaches?

**** no

Manila-Chief
12-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Thoughts? I'm a St. Louis, Atlanta and Baltimore fan this week. Oh, and the Jets too.

I was traveling on Sunday and listening to Sporting News Radio NFL show ... I thought Atlanta had their 4th. win ... only to lose it.

I agree with Skip ... I want them to lose badly to put more pressure on Clark to do a complete house cleaning. If we lose ... how can he ignore the poor job Carl/Herm have done???

I'm a Croyle homer and hope he does well ... so, I will be okay with a win if he leads us to victory... but, not if Huard does it ... coz Huard is not the future of this team.

We must have some of the worse coaches in football ... I hear the names of players, who didn't play well for us, making it big time with their new teams. The announcers were bragging abotu Kawika Mitchell, and there are others that don't come to mind. Add that to hearing the defensive linemen we had a chance to draft (we reached for "potential" and also went with the "ole boys club recommendation") that are playing well. Had Carl choosen the right guys ... then maybe DV would have gone back to the SB???

At any rate ... lose to gain new/fresh leadership.

Thig Lyfe
12-24-2007, 07:51 PM
every fiber of my being wants the Chiefs to lose...there is nothing to be gained from winning this game...

Tru dat, homey.

blueballs
12-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Bowe needs his 18 for 1000
Jared needs to make sure Pennigton is untradeable/FA prospect
Sippio needs to stink it up so we don't have to see his name ever again

alanm
12-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm going to hate myself for saying this but I'm sort of with you. The one other thing I may add is that perhaps Pennington gets his shoulder hurt so that there is no possibility of him being considered in a trade with the Chiefs. :)

Thig Lyfe
12-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Classic message board BS. If winning provides no benefit, then why does every player on the team want to win so bad? Are they just stupid? You are smarter than they are, is that it?

Players have talked about wanting to win these final games so they have even the slightest bit of momentum, something to build on for next season. They have talked about wanting to win for Brodie so he can have his first victory as a starter. Allen said that it is easier to train in the offseason when guys can end the year on an up note and know they are working towards something the next year.

I want to see the team get a high draft pick just like anybody else. But I cant believe people are actually going to sit around saying that a win will provide the team with no benefit, as if posters on Chiefsplanet have a better understanding of it than the actual players on the field do. Total crap.

Your and idiot. The point of losing is further exposing the shite players, coaches and front office. A 4-12 season ending in a whipping at the hands of the New York Jets would mean we're a step closer to seeing the overhaul this team needs.

And, of course, the draft pick. Dorsey or Long would go a long way towards rebuilding.

blueballs
12-24-2007, 08:01 PM
The players probably want to retain Carl
they know he would rather keep so-so
than take a chance on the unknown