PDA

View Full Version : Who Said This?

KCJohnny
12-24-2007, 05:21 PM
We are placing our armed forces in strategic military position. We will not hesitate to use our armed forces to repel attack. We reassert our abiding faith in the vitality of our constitutional Republic as a perpetual home of freedom, of tolerance, and of devotion to the word of God.

Link to entire speech here (http://www.usmm.org/fdr/emergency.html).

Merry Christmas,
KCJohnny
:arrow:

banyon
12-24-2007, 05:39 PM
I would guess FDR, since that's who you linked to. New rule, if you answer correctly, you get to post the next quote. If no none guesses correctly within five tries, the original poster can reveal the answer and post a new quote. Try not to Googlecheat if you can help it.

When the President of the United States cannot travel abroad or to any major city at home without fear of a hostile demonstration - then it's time for new leadership for the United States of America.

KCJohnny
12-24-2007, 05:44 PM
Not so fast Banyon.

I recommend you start a new thread for that. I wanted to start a discussion on the leader who said those words which would get him branded a right-wing religious kook nowadays.

Merry Christmas,
KCJ

banyon
12-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Not so fast Banyon.

I recommend you start a new thread for that. I wanted to start a discussion on the leader who said those words which would get him branded a right-wing religious kook nowadays.

Merry Christmas,
KCJ

No, let's play games! :p

banyon
12-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Ok, I'll go ahead and debunk your loopy theory, if that's what you really want.

I ask once again to be able to love my neighbor - all my neighbors - as my self, to be an instrument of God's peace; to let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart and, in the end, the work of my hands, be pleasing. This is what I wanted to say to you today.

And let us work until our work is done. The Scripture says "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." From this joyful mountaintop of celebration we hear a call to service in the valley. We have heard the trumpets. We have changed the guard. And now, each in our own way and with God's help, we must answer the call.

On this Friday I can't help noting that there's a wonderful verse in the Book of Matthew, which says that a person who follows the word of God will be likened unto a wise man who built his house upon a rock, and the rains descended and the floods came and the winds blew and beat upon that house, and it fell not, for it was founded upon a rock.

I say again, Father, we value everything you have done and all your public service. We know it is built on the bedrock of faith. For, faith, in your words, enables us to rise above ourselves with the help of God.

For all of us who have been privileged to know you in any way, in any of your many capacities, the thing that we know is that your greatness, which led to all this achievement, was rooted in your peculiar understanding of our common humanity and our common tie as children of God. You have done your church, your country, your family and your friends very proud, and we thank you

KCJohnny
12-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Ok, I'll go ahead and debunk your loopy theory, if that's what you really want.

No theory here. Just rock solid history. FDR, a democrat, clearly believes our republic is based on freedom, tolerance, and devotion to the Word of God. Most people would crucify a president who said such things today.

FDR also composed and prayed a 16-minute prayer over national radio during WWII. Try to do that today.

God bless the memory of President Roosevelt.

Merry Christmas,
KCJ

DenverChief
12-24-2007, 06:24 PM
CHRIST ON A CRUTCH

banyon
12-24-2007, 06:36 PM
No theory here. Just rock solid history. FDR, a democrat, clearly believes our republic is based on freedom, tolerance, and devotion to the Word of God. Most people would crucify a president who said such things today.

FDR also composed and prayed a 16-minute prayer over national radio during WWII. Try to do that today.

Merry Christmas,
KCJ

I see what I posted was too inconvenient for your silly theory for you to address. I accept your acknowledgment of defeat. ;)

Oh, and Merry Christmas.

jAZ
12-24-2007, 06:39 PM

Merry Christmas,
KCJ
It's also a fact that he views them in the order of Constitution, Freedom, Tollerance & God... IN THAT ORDER.

jAZ
12-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Try to get a Catholic Priest Elected President during that time.

Donger
12-24-2007, 07:02 PM
I wonder if he was banging his secretary when he said that.

banyon
12-24-2007, 07:07 PM
I wonder if he was banging his secretary when he said that.

Wouldn't you have?

http://newdeal.feri.org/images/ad22.jpg

KCJohnny
12-24-2007, 09:07 PM
It's also a fact that he views them in the order of Constitution, Freedom, Tollerance & God... IN THAT ORDER.
That's your editorial. Its very easy to demonstrate the opposite from the speeches and actions of Roosevelt.

This nation exists because of the premise that rights are given by God to men. The document that separated us from the British Empire - the Declaration of Indepence - makes this abundantly clear.

Any other view is just denying the facts. There is no United States without God. Publicly proclaimed to the world in the Declaration of Independence, testifying to all humanity that we believe in Almighty God.

"Today the whole world is divided between human slavery and human freedom -- between pagan brutality and the Christian ideal. We choose human freedom -- which is the Christian ideal.
No one of us can waver for a moment in his courage or his faith."

President Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"If America ever forgets that we're a nation under God, we'll be a nation gone under."

President Ronald Reagan

Merry Christmas,
KCJ

JohnnyV13
12-24-2007, 09:32 PM
If this nation ever permits christians to steal the tax dollars of their neighbors to proclaim themselves "the cool kids in school", we will be overwhelmed by idiots seeking a public mandate for their religious views.

--by ME, Christmas Eve 2007.

jAZ
12-24-2007, 09:35 PM
That's your editorial.
It's a fact... and I quote: "We reassert our abiding faith in the vitality of our constitutional Republic as a perpetual home of freedom, of tolerance, and of devotion to the word of God."

jAZ
12-24-2007, 09:38 PM
BTW, I think it's awesome that you choose to spend your Christmas Eve in the sludge that is DC & HL debating the religous views of a dead President or two.

Happy Holidays.