PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas -- COD 4, GH III, DDR

KevB
12-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero III, and Dance Dance Revolution (for the kids, but surprisingly fun for all).....that's a good Christmas haul. Even more fun is watching the excitement on my three kid's faces when they walk down the stairs to see what Santa has brought. Just priceless. Hope everyone has a nice holiday season.

Braincase
12-25-2007, 10:51 AM
New Wii, GH 3, COH 3 (4 not available for the Wii), 2nd controller & chuk, Wiicharger, a couple of Mario games, Sims games, and a neighbor is giving us a racing game.

TinyEvel
12-25-2007, 11:14 AM
My brother is a US Marine in Palm Desert. He picked up a Wii for me on base when it was sold out everywhere else. It was a lottery there, too, and he lucked out and was one of 10 out of 100.
TinyE's brother, FTW!!!!

Also, I picked up a PS3 for me. 80 gig w00t!

PBJ

Woodrow Call
12-26-2007, 10:00 AM
I always get one full priced game and then a few cheap games I never got around to playing when they came out. This year's haul......

College Hoops 2K8-Love it so far. Last years version was the best bball game I ever played and this years version didn't dissapoint.

Dead Rising-Only played for about 30 mins but beating zombies with a lead pipe is always fun.

History Channel present the Civil War-Surprisingly fun. Similar to COD2 graphically but the Civil War back drop and weapons make up for it.

All Pro Football 2K8-If I was ever wrong about a game it was this one. I thought the lack of current players would hurt it but it is easily the best football game that came out in 08. Great gameplay, physics, etc.

QuikSsurfer
12-26-2007, 10:13 AM
I always get one full priced game and then a few cheap games I never got around to playing when they came out. This year's haul......

College Hoops 2K8-Love it so far. Last years version was the best bball game I ever played and this years version didn't dissapoint.

Dead Rising-Only played for about 30 mins but beating zombies with a lead pipe is always fun.

History Channel present the Civil War-Surprisingly fun. Similar to COD2 graphically but the Civil War back drop and weapons make up for it.

All Pro Football 2K8-If I was ever wrong about a game it was this one. I thought the lack of current players would hurt it but it is easily the best football game that came out in 08. Great gameplay, physics, etc.

For dead rising, go to the northern part of the mall and there is a sword shop :) .. back right in a glass box on the wall - long sword

Lzen
12-26-2007, 12:24 PM
We got an Xbox 360 pro. It came with Marvel Alliance and Forza II. Those are all right, but the games I am playing are Call of Duty 4 and Rock Band. We also got Halo 3.

QuikSsurfer
12-26-2007, 12:51 PM
We got an Xbox 360 pro. It came with Marvel Alliance and Forza II. Those are all right, but the games I am playing are Call of Duty 4 and Rock Band. We also got Halo 3.
what's your gamertag??

Lzen
12-26-2007, 06:41 PM
what's your gamertag??

It's feedback71. But I'm sure you saw that in the Xbox 360 thread.

I tell you what. My 14 year old has been wanting Rock Band so bad. The look on his face was priceless. :) I think he figured we might be getting the 360 because we have been talking about it for months. I think might have also had an idea that he was getting the Zune. But he had no clue that Rock Band was in the cards. :D I was actually just as excited about that game.

QuikSsurfer
12-26-2007, 06:53 PM
It's feedback71. But I'm sure you saw that in the Xbox 360 thread.

I tell you what. My 14 year old has been wanting Rock Band so bad. The look on his face was priceless. :) I think he figured we might be getting the 360 because we have been talking about it for months. I think might have also had an idea that he was getting the Zune. But he had no clue that Rock Band was in the cards. :D I was actually just as excited about that game.
good.. we can start a band.. i'll play guitar, your son can play drums, and you can sing :)

Lzen
12-26-2007, 09:30 PM
good.. we can start a band.. i'll play guitar, your son can play drums, and you can sing :)

We have discovered that the best setup for our band is my 14 year old on drums, me on vocals, and my 11 year old on guitar. While I have never claimed to be much of a vocalist, I haven't been doing too bad on the mic on this game. ;)

Unfortunately, I have to wait to play it. The guitar strum bar messed up. I took it back to the store tonight and got a refund because the store I bought if from didn't have any in stock. Nobody else in Topeka has the game starter kit for the 360, either. I found plenty of the PS3 version but no 360 versions. Now I'm debating on whether I should try to order it from Amazon or somewhere or wait until a local place gets resupplied.

Kraus
12-27-2007, 12:04 AM
I was able to get the Orange Box and Ace Combat 6. Both great games so far.

Great game, wish more people would have bought it. I'm not even sure more fleshed-out sequel will see the light of day.