PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Zune

Dunit35
12-25-2007, 02:19 PM
So, that 30g zune I ordered off buy.com is still on order. They sent me an email Sunday saying it still hasn't come in stock yet. I've been thinking about cancelling it and buying the 4gig with that money plus my gift cards. You think I should hold off and see if it will actually come? I've been wanting it to come before school starts back up but it's looking more and more like it won't.

It's been over a month now, starting to get pissed.

Guru
12-25-2007, 03:14 PM
30gb > 4gb

I would wait. But thats me.

Braincase
12-25-2007, 04:10 PM
If you cancel the order, keep an eye on Woot.com. They have 'em for a good price about once every two weeks. Also, I love the Altec Lansing docking unit, a great accessory. Nice and clean.

Dunit35
12-25-2007, 04:43 PM
If you cancel the order, keep an eye on Woot.com. They have 'em for a good price about once every two weeks. Also, I love the Altec Lansing docking unit, a great accessory. Nice and clean.

I look everyday...haven't seen one on there since everyone ordered one on here.

I saw that Altec and would've bought one if I had that zune.

HolmeZz
12-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Not getting a Zune, though I do like the Rogue Wave song.

KevB
12-25-2007, 07:48 PM

Just got the docking unit tonight for Christmas (bought at Woot.com). Pretty happy with it so far in limited use.

Lzen
12-26-2007, 05:25 PM
I purchased my first 30 GB Zune (brown for me) for $99 in October from Buy.com. It said when I first order that it wouldn't be available until November 19. So, I waited a month. It arrived right on time. I love it. Works great. Fantastic device. Transaction went very well.

I order a second one (black for my son-Christmas present) on the day after Thanksgiving. Shortly after, they sent me an email saying it was shipped. Waited and waited and waited but it never arrived in the time frame that it was supped to.

Finally, the wife sent emails to Buy.com inquiring about why the Zune hadn't arrived yet. The tracking only said that it had been picked up by Fedex. They give us the typical script answers saying that it takes 5-9 business days, blah, blah, blah. They did tell us that it had been shipped via something they call smart ship (or something like that). That means Fed Ex picks up the package because Fedex picks up all their packages. But it is then handed off to USPS. They asked if she wanted to submit a claim. She said yes. Said she would much rather have the Zune if they can figure out where it was. It was agreed that they would try to find out what happened and they would credit our money back if they were unsuccessful in locating the Zune.

Several days later, still nothing. The tracking status hadn't changed and no new info from Buy.com was sent to my email or via phone call. I called and asked if they had any idea as to the location of my Zune. I told them that this thing is a Christmas present for my son. Told them that Fed Ex said that they never even received the package. They gave the same scripted answers again. By this point, I was getting pretty fed up.

I said I ordered this thing a month ago. According to their site, it had been shipped. So why has it not arrived? The dude told me that they were anticipating a new shipment of Zune players next week if I wanted to wait for those. This conversation was last week. So, next wee would have been right about now. I said that will be too late unless they get them in on like Saturday and they over night ship it to me. He said the original order was for the super saver (5-9 day) shipping. I wanted to reach through the phone and strangle this douche hole at this point. I said you mean to tell me that you guys wouldn't over night ship something for me that I ordered a month ago that is supposed to have already been shipped and has yet to arrive? I just told him give me money back. And I said also be sure to take my email off their mailing list. I didn't want to do business with them any longer. So, they submitted a claim for me to credit my charge card.

The funniest part of this whole ordeal.........
A couple days later, the Zune arrived. It had been shipped 2 day priority.

Guru
01-04-2008, 03:21 AM
Here is a nice little case for Zune users....

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/centerstagezune

black is on sale for $4.99 with free shipping for ground.

KevB
01-04-2008, 09:49 AM

Just ordered one, thanks for the heads up.

Lzen
01-04-2008, 03:10 PM

Do you know anything about this place? Is it a trustworthy seller?

KevB
01-04-2008, 06:50 PM

For $5 I was willing to take the chance.

Guru
01-04-2008, 09:42 PM
I ordered from them before. They are perfectly fine.

Lzen
01-05-2008, 02:38 PM
For $5 I was willing to take the chance.

It wasn't about the amount. More about giving my CC info. ;)

I guess if GURU says they're good, I'm gonna order a couple.

KevB
01-05-2008, 05:35 PM
It wasn't about the amount. More about giving my CC info. ;)

I guess if GURU says they're good, I'm gonna order a couple.

I know, just too tempting not to get such an easy dig in.

Guru
01-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Did you guys get yours yet?

KevB
01-10-2008, 08:38 PM
Did you guys get yours yet?

My case is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

ChiefsLV
01-11-2008, 12:18 AM
We need more case options for second gen Zunes. :sulk:

Lzen
01-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Have not received mine yet. But I just ordered it a few days ago.

Dunit35
01-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Buy.com cancelled my item.

I bought a new 30gb brown zune off ebay with shipping and insurance for 170. Had to spend 80 more bones for it but oh well, don't care. Also bought a black case, screen protector and armband for 5 and a altec dock station thing for 70.

How well does the wireless remote work on that? I'll be using the altec at work.

Guru
02-09-2008, 05:29 AM
More stuff for Zune owners.

http://www.buy.com/prod/microsoft-zune-home-av-kit-multimedia-player-kit/q/loc/111/203171430.html

Microsoft Zune Home AV Kit - Multimedia Player Kit - 9DW-00001

$17 if you use Google checkout for the $10 discount.

Braincase
02-09-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm getting more use out of my Zune than ever before due to the discovery of some new podcasts. They last just the right amount of time for a trip to and from work, and it beats listening to 99% of the crap on the radio.

Guru
02-14-2008, 10:11 PM
How does everyone feel about the battery life on this thing? I am extremely disappointed. I only listen to it on my 12 minute drive to work and back. 24 minutes per day. Yet, I have to recharge the battery every 4 days. How does that equate to 10 hours?

That is using standby and turning off. I hate turning it off though as I like to start up with the song I left off on to avoid repeats during the week. when you turn it off, the memory is erased.

Mr Luzcious
02-14-2008, 10:46 PM
How does everyone feel about the battery life on this thing? I am extremely disappointed. I only listen to it on my 12 minute drive to work and back. 24 minutes per day. Yet, I have to recharge the battery every 4 days. How does that equate to 10 hours?

That is using standby and turning off. I hate turning it off though as I like to start up with the song I left off on to avoid repeats during the week. when you turn it off, the memory is erased.

Seems fine to me. I listen to it for 5 hours at work every day and it lasts two days..

I'm still not sure how the standby/turn off thing works.. and sometimes it just shuts off for no apparent reason. Whatever.

Guru
02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Seems fine to me. I listen to it for 5 hours at work every day and it lasts two days..

I'm still not sure how the standby/turn off thing works.. and sometimes it just shuts off for no apparent reason. Whatever.
The shutting off has something to do with static discharge. At least that is what I have read. Similar to when you shock yourself, the unit reboots if it gets any kind of discharge at all.

Another annoyance for me as I don't like repeat songs.

Mr Luzcious
02-14-2008, 11:10 PM
The shutting off has something to do with static discharge. At least that is what I have read. Similar to when you shock yourself, the unit reboots if it gets any kind of discharge at all.

Another annoyance for me as I don't like repeat songs.

Weird.. perhaps I should invest in those cases that were mentioned earlier. Might help a little. All I have now is that zune sock thing that came with it. I'm afraid to ever take it out, because it was so hard to get in.

KevB
02-15-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm getting more use out of my Zune than ever before due to the discovery of some new podcasts. They last just the right amount of time for a trip to and from work, and it beats listening to 99% of the crap on the radio.

I'm in the same boat. The podcasts are really a highlight, because I listen to something fairly interesting instead of sports talk radio. I have a 30 minute drive to and from work, and the podcasts pass the time well.

KevB
02-15-2008, 07:29 AM

It hasn't been an issue for me because I charge it frequently. For Christmas, the wife gave me a nice charging center that put on the bedside table (Zune and cell phone).

Guru
02-15-2008, 06:37 PM
It hasn't been an issue for me because I charge it frequently. For Christmas, the wife gave me a nice charging center that put on the bedside table (Zune and cell phone).
Yeah, I keep waiting for Woot to pop one of those up.

KevB
02-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I keep waiting for Woot to pop one of those up.

This isn't the one I have, but it does the trick:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14582207&RN=51&

Guru
02-15-2008, 07:06 PM
This isn't the one I have, but it does the trick:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14582207&RN=51&
So it is designed to specifically charge the zune or do I have to have my Zune usb cable for that to work.

Valiant
02-15-2008, 07:19 PM

CC and BB carry their products for portables..

KevB
02-15-2008, 08:13 PM
So it is designed to specifically charge the zune or do I have to have my Zune usb cable for that to work.

It hides a powerstrip (you supply), and you hook up your own AC adapters for any portable device. So, I have an AC adapter for my phone, my Zune, and digital camera. Plugged the cords into the hidden powerstrip, and run the wire through the small holes and connect to the device in a nice looking one stop shop for devices.

Lzen
02-19-2008, 09:25 AM
CC and BB carry their products for portables..

Thanks. I already bought one of these last month(actually, I got 2 - one for me and one for my son). It's a little bulky but it does the job. It's just clear plastic but that is taking the scratches rather than the Zune's screen. So, that's all I can ask. I like the little stand on the back. Nice to have it standing up on top of the tv stand and hook it up to my sound system.