PDA

View Full Version : NE game on NFL network saturday

jjchieffan
12-25-2007, 08:17 PM
Stupid frigging NFL! A chance to see history happen when the Patriots become the first team ever to go 16-0 and the NFL is more concerned with forcing the cable companies to buy their overpriced programming than they are with giving the fans the chance to see the game. I hope this whole situation blows up in their face. I side with the cable companies here. If they want them to take the nfl network, package it with the sunday ticket. As long as the NFL wants to keep the ticket exclusively direct tv, then they have no business whining about them not buying NFL network. They want the FCC to force the cable companies to buy it. I hope the FCC looks into it and forces the NFL to sell the ticket to anyone to wants it.

StcChief
12-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Sports bar....

dtebbe
12-25-2007, 08:25 PM
I love seeing the cable companies get a dose of thier own medicine. The NFL is doing to the cable companies exactly what the cable companies did to consumers for years before satellite came on the scene and gave them competition. F&CK the cable companies.

DT

Valiant
12-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Stupid frigging NFL! A chance to see history happen when the Patriots become the first team ever to go 16-0 and the NFL is more concerned with forcing the cable companies to buy their overpriced programming than they are with giving the fans the chance to see the game. I hope this whole situation blows up in their face. I side with the cable companies here. If they want them to take the nfl network, package it with the sunday ticket. As long as the NFL wants to keep the ticket exclusively direct tv, then they have no business whining about them not buying NFL network. They want the FCC to force the cable companies to buy it. I hope the FCC looks into it and forces the NFL to sell the ticket to anyone to wants it.

agreed..

Valiant
12-25-2007, 08:27 PM
I love seeing the cable companies get a dose of thier own medicine. The NFL is doing to the cable companies exactly what the cable companies did to consumers for years before satellite came on the scene and gave them competition. F&CK the cable companies.

DT

You can say that about all companies anywhere.. Unless there is competition it is going to happen..

Mecca
12-25-2007, 08:28 PM
Boy let the NFL show the big bad cable companies......having a station that most people don't get is a good way to hurt your product and lose money...

Time Warner offered to put the station on it's digital tier and to the NFL that wasn't good enough..so it's their own fault.

the Talking Can
12-25-2007, 08:34 PM
install tvu

click on "danish delight" channel

**** you nfl

Chiefs_5627
12-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I have it, so i cant say too much but id be ticked if i didnt have it, whether you agree with their tactics or not you still miss out on some good stuff. I liked watching the combine the most.

Guru
12-25-2007, 09:01 PM
install tvu

click on "danish delight" channel

**** you nfl
Danish Delight hasn't been working for me the last two weeks.

Guru
12-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Boy let the NFL show the big bad cable companies......having a station that most people don't get is a good way to hurt your product and lose money...

Time Warner offered to put the station on it's digital tier and to the NFL that wasn't good enough..so it's their own fault.
That confuses the crap out of me too. Cox put it on their digital teir as an EXTRA purchase and NFL isn't bitching at all.

the Talking Can
12-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Danish Delight hasn't been working for me the last two weeks.

it was down for the denver game....maybe it's gone...hope not

Guru
12-25-2007, 09:14 PM
it was down for the denver game....maybe it's gone...hope not
channelsurfing.net had 3 different channels for it. Two of them no longer existed and the other one, johnq went down halfway though the game and never came back.

mikey23545
12-25-2007, 09:44 PM

Yeah, the NFL is hurting alright....

You must be losing brain cells as fast as they make money....

Mecca
12-25-2007, 09:46 PM
That confuses the crap out of me too. Cox put it on their digital teir as an EXTRA purchase and NFL isn't bitching at all.

I think it's because more people have Time Warner so they want it in the basic package....

Deberg_1990
12-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Damn NFL!!

They knew when they scheduled this game 8 months ago, that the Patriots would be 15-0 heading into week 17!!!!!

Bob Dole
12-25-2007, 09:48 PM
You can watch it on your Sprint phone.

Nzoner
12-25-2007, 09:48 PM
We ordered it for 1 month at my lil bro's house here in GA for a whopping $4.95 thru comcast,less than 1 good beer at a bar.

bitch,bitch,bitch.........

dj56dt58
12-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Aren't they trying to get it so that everybody can watch it? I thought that's what I heard...

blueballs
12-25-2007, 09:52 PM
**** the NFL Network
What did they choose for their first replay of week 16
the Pats blowout of the Dolphins -of all the games the most boring

Nzoner
12-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Aren't they trying to get it so that everybody can watch it? I thought that's what I heard...

the nfl agreed to show the game to everyone only if the cable companies agree to arbitration afterwards,according to Mort on ESPN that ain't happening

Deberg_1990
12-25-2007, 09:54 PM

If Direct TV loses their "exclusive" rights to Sunday ticket, they are probably dead in the water.

Sorry Skip..

blueballs
12-25-2007, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE=Romo_2007
[/QUOTE

You poor Mod abused bastard

shyguyms
12-25-2007, 10:22 PM
first the NFL is not charging the Cable companies to have the station they are trying to give it to them and some companies do not want it.
I live in MD and have directv but other people do not get it on the local channels but they still have all year as one week a local station carried the NFL network for the Redskins game and every other week are fox sports or comcast channel has carried them.
Directv is the way to go watch all the games plus get the NFL ticket.

Valiant
12-25-2007, 10:48 PM
We ordered it for 1 month at my lil bro's house here in GA for a whopping $4.95 thru comcast,less than 1 good beer at a bar.

bitch,bitch,bitch.........

Better hope that package includes the NFL games on the network.. There are two packages for nfl network, one with and one without the nfl games during the season..

Bugeater
12-25-2007, 10:55 PM
I already bitched about this a few weeks ago, and I don't feel like bitching about it again. I must be getting old.

blueballs
12-25-2007, 11:02 PM
**** the NFL Network
What did they choose for their first replay of week 16
the Pats blowout of the Dolphins -of all the games the most boring

This still pisses me off
I actually feel sorry for the Finfans - that would piss anybody off
feeling anything for those sorry ass losers

veist
12-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Did anyone catch this article the other day?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aiw1z7H0V_JjG1lygPpz08k5nYcB?slug=jc-nflnetwork122107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Valiant
12-26-2007, 02:23 AM
Did anyone catch this article the other day?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aiw1z7H0V_JjG1lygPpz08k5nYcB?slug=jc-nflnetwork122107&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

What I love about NFL's response..

""We are disappointed but not surprised. We remain committed to finding a compromise that puts fans first and gets NFL Network on the air. It is clear Time Warner does not want to give what millions of their customers want."

But yet they don't want millions of Americans to have Sunday Ticket.. If the Nfl had any brains as soon as the DTV exclusive agreement expires they let everybody have the shot to get it.. IE Satellite and Cable companies..

HonestChieffan
12-26-2007, 03:47 AM
Carl gets NFL net free like all the rest of us with Dish

BigRedChief
12-26-2007, 05:27 AM
Both sides are at fault. Cable for being a dick because they can't sell the NFL ticket. The NFL for signing an exclusive deal with the satellite companies.

As soon as the exclusive deal with the satellite compaines runs out and big cable is allowed to sell the NFL ticket watch how fast the NFL Network ends up on basic cable. This is all about payback.

Bob Dole
12-26-2007, 06:10 AM
Bob Dole wanted to buy a new Porsche, but he couldn't buy it at his favorite Mazda dealership.

Bob Dole wrote Congress and asked them to step in. It's just not right that Bob Dole can't buy a Porsche wherever he wants!

memyselfI
12-26-2007, 06:14 AM
No way. My cable company pays the extortion price and I get to see NFL Network without having to purchase the insanely overpriced DirectTV package or live thru satellite TV hell.

:shake:

alanm
12-26-2007, 06:40 AM
A lot of you guys are blowing air out your ass about the NFL Channel. It's not the NFL channels fault that their not being seen on cable. It's the cable companies. The NFL channel wants to be included on the basic tiers. The cable companies want to put it on the sports tiers and charge more $$$$. It's the CABLE COMPANIES FAULT ENTIRELY!!!!!!!

If you want to bitch at someone bitch at the cable companies who want to extort the extra $$$$$ from their customers. :harumph:

jjchieffan
12-26-2007, 12:33 PM
A lot of you guys are blowing air out your ass about the NFL Channel. It's not the NFL channels fault that their not being seen on cable. It's the cable companies. The NFL channel wants to be included on the basic tiers. The cable companies want to put it on the sports tiers and charge more $$$$. It's the CABLE COMPANIES FAULT ENTIRELY!!!!!!!

If you want to bitch at someone bitch at the cable companies who want to extort the extra $$$$$ from their customers. :harumph:

You are wrong. The reason why the cable companies want to put it on the sports tier is because of how much the NFL network wants. The channels in the basic tiers are there because they cost less. The NFL network wants to be paid a higher price, equivialant to what the channels in the higher tiers get, but be included in the lower tiers. They want to have their cake and eat it too. It is the NFL network extorting the cable companies. The cable companies are merely the middle men. They buy the programming, bundle in a package that allows them to make a reasonable profit, and then sell it to the customers. Just like anything else. If you run a business, you dont buy a product and then sell it at a loss. That is what the NFL network is trying to get the cable companies to do.

Skip Towne
12-26-2007, 01:01 PM
If Direct TV loses their "exclusive" rights to Sunday ticket, they are probably dead in the water.

Sorry Skip..
Where are you getting your information? D* has 16 million customers and only slightly more than 1 million have the Ticket.

alpha_omega
12-26-2007, 01:11 PM
I really don't care who is responsible....i just want to see Saturdays game.

Off to the bar i guess.

Adept Havelock
12-26-2007, 01:18 PM
If you run a business, you dont buy a product and then sell it at a loss. That is what the NFL network is trying to get the cable companies to do.

Precisely.

Oh, and fu** the NFL network and the cable companies. From what I've seen, it's not worth anywhere near what the NFL wants for it. JMO.

HonestChieffan
12-26-2007, 01:24 PM
I was looking all over for where it says you are required to use cable.

get over it..

DaFace
12-26-2007, 01:41 PM
I was looking all over for where it says you are required to use cable.

get over it..

For what it's worth, I don't have a choice at my apartment and have to use cable. I'm not allowed to mount a dish to the building, and I don't have a window facing south.

I actually have NFL Network through Comcast, but just realize that there are a significant number of people out there who don't have a choice.

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-26-2007, 01:43 PM
I'll be watching in HD on my sofa:shrug:

HonestChieffan
12-26-2007, 01:45 PM
Life is that way.

Dunit35
12-26-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't know if it's been said...but NFL network is going to simulcast it or whatever with CBS and some other station.

Bugeater
12-26-2007, 02:51 PM

Not necessarily true, here in Omaha the only way you can get NFLN on cable is through Cox's digital package, yet the NFL doesn't seem to have a problem with that.

Bugeater
12-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Bob Dole wanted to buy a new Porsche, but he couldn't buy it at his favorite Mazda dealership.
That's a stupid analogy, because the Porsche dealership doesn't require you to purchase a Kia and a Diahatsu to get the Porsche.

Bugeater
12-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Life is that way.
You're a dipshit.