PDA

View Full Version : The board is BACK UP!!!!

AustinChief
07-25-2001, 08:54 PM
OK, we fixed the mySQL error on the board !!! We can once again focus on how great this season is about to be!!!

We are now focusing on the site performance (or rather "lack of performance"). For the next couple of days the site will still probably be running like it has been over the last couple weeks (like crap) but don't despair, one of our own members, Mr. Dave Lane, has rescued chiefs planet.

We will give everyone the details later, but sufice to say that we will soon be served from a machine that would make Elway wet his pants! Go Chiefs!

morphius
07-25-2001, 09:00 PM
Austin - Good news, thanks.

Warrior5
07-25-2001, 09:21 PM
Mr. Dave Lane - <B>You da Man!</B> Thanks!

Skip Towne
07-25-2001, 09:30 PM
Well,finally, thanks Austin Chief I know you spent many frustratig hours on this problem.

Warrior5
07-25-2001, 09:34 PM
Didn't mean to not thank you...we all sincerely appreciate your diligence in maintaining this BB.

<B>You da Real Man!</B>

chief52
07-25-2001, 09:36 PM
Good luck on your BB work and thanks for putting the time in before the season gets under way. Should be smooth sailing by the time the Chiefs kick Raider butt at Arrowhead!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
07-25-2001, 09:51 PM
Kyle, Dave,

Thank you very much!!!!!

CG

was going through withdrawl:eek:

:D

AustinChief
07-25-2001, 11:42 PM
Dave really is the man, wait to you hear what this guy has done for all of us. I will post the entire story as soon as we are loaded up and running on the new system.

I would like to thank all of you for being patient with the site. I know it is frustrating at times, but we have dealt with worse (I consider the three stooges to be a testement to our loyalty)

ExtremeChief
07-26-2001, 06:35 AM
Thanks a bunch Austin and Dave. I definitely appreciate a place to talk football and vent.

At Elway's age, it probably wouldn't take much to make him wet his pants though...

Mark M
07-26-2001, 06:57 AM
Good to see the bugs have been exterminated!

http://www.mpz.co.uk/cwm/contrib/blackeye/2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Great work Kyle and Dave!!

MM
~~Hates bugs

ptlyon
07-26-2001, 08:03 AM
Thanks to you both. I get the feeling that some people just don't appreciate the time and money spent on this free BB. Just a note to let you know that I do.

HC_Chief
07-26-2001, 09:24 AM
Dude, what was up with the database? I know you've been struggling with it for quite some time... was the member table completely corrupt?

bishop_74
07-26-2001, 09:34 AM
All I can can say is thank you guys so much for all of the time and effort. PigSkin Park is just not like this board. I feel like I get so much better information over here. I don't know what I would do all day at work if I had to go without Chiefsplanet... and I mean that very sicerely.

dollar1
07-26-2001, 09:56 AM
For me I think it will get worse before it gets better. Meaning I have so little computer knowledge, pretty soon I won't be able to tie my shoe!!

That being said, Austin and Dave are in my mind computer GURU'S. In the future I will have to continue to rely upon them. For this they have my many thanks. I really appreciate their time and dedication. STANDING APPLAUSE!!

The past week, I have need my chiefs fix. I surfed all over the place to find a decent board. Nada, zip, zilch. All I could find were boards talking smack the whole time with very little content (not my style).

GLad to be a small part of the Planet Family.

Brett

BTW I'm really looking forward to wetting MY pants...

bishop_74
07-26-2001, 05:24 PM
So how many members do we actually have now? It doesn't seem like a WHOLE lot, but this board seems to move a lot better than just about any others I've seen out there.

I guess the quality really shines in here.

Luzap
07-26-2001, 05:35 PM
We now have 689 members of The Planet.

Luz
and growing...

BIG_DADDY
07-26-2001, 05:52 PM
FANTASTIC!!!!! This is a GREAT BB that can only get better now. You can tell how great it is by how frustrated everyone gets when it goes down. Pigskin doesn't even come close. Thanx for all your effort Austin and for the help Dave.

BIG DADDY

Just in time for the season!! :)

BIG_DADDY
07-26-2001, 05:54 PM
and many moooorrrrrreeeee!!

Bwana
07-26-2001, 07:45 PM
SWEEEEEET!! Great job guys!

Zebedee DuBois
07-26-2001, 07:50 PM
Thanks for all the hard work, Kyle & Dave!
I like the look, and appreciate that the font is readable again!
lol:)