PDA

View Full Version : Need help - New smartphone setup

KevB
12-26-2007, 10:45 PM
I just got a new HTC Touch from Sprint, and need some help setting up. Full disclosure, I've never had a PDA phone despite my geekdom. I have e-mail, contacts, bookmarks, pics, etc. on home computer. New wireless keyboard/mouse combo that doubles as a bluetooth hub (whatever that means). I've got a work laptop with e-mail, calendar, contacts, etc. I also have a gmail account.

I really need the work e-mail/calendar combo first and foremost. I'd also like to keep bookmarks synced from either computer. I've already updated contacts on the phone, and they should tie to either computer. Home e-mail would be nice, but not sure I can sync with both home and work Outlook. G-mail account would be nice to have, but not mandatory. Can anyone tell me what's possible with these variables in play? Should I put sync software on one or both computers? What does keyboard as bluetooth hub mean for me and my Touch? Any help would be very much appreciated.

KevB
12-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Well, I've got my e-mail up and running (work and gmail). Still trying to figure out the pairing of the bluetooth, and whether I even need it. Also trying to figure out how to sync bookmarks. Quite a bit of fun trying to figure all of this out.