PDA

View Full Version : You know what really bothers me about this organization?

RedThat
12-27-2007, 01:27 AM
I HATE, and I mean HATE it when the Chiefs don't address to the fans the actual truth about things. Like take Larry Johnson for example. I knew he was out for the year?! When I saw that injury, right then and there I knew he was done. So why does it take the Chiefs till week 16 to report this? They made it seem like it was a week to week thing when in fact it was not!! This is bothersome. Another example is Priest Holmes? A lot of people knew Priest was done. But they act as if he was OK when in all actuality he was not. EVERYBODY knew he was going to retire. It wasn't surprising news. But during the 2 years he was away from the team we heard nothing. No information, nothing!! Bothersome. Leave the fans in suspense, those 2 years Priest was gone seemed like a bit of a mystery. This is all just total mistreatment towards the fans. not addressing the actual matters in time, and only telling the fans what is convenient and conducive to their own desired outcome. That in itself sucks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-27-2007, 01:30 AM
I remember when I was in college I took a survey for the company that I worked for. One of the questions was "there is open and honest two-way communication in this company." to which I answered 'strongly disagree'. It's one of the main reasons why that company is on its deathbed right now, and a perfect example of what shitty customer service is (and what the Chiefs continually do to their fans--treat them like idiots).

Guru
12-27-2007, 01:36 AM
I remember when I was in college I took a survey for the company that I worked for. One of the questions was "there is open and honest two-way communication in this company." to which I answered 'strongly disagree'. It's one of the main reasons why that company is on its deathbed right now, and a perfect example of what shitty customer service is (and what the Chiefs continually do to their fans--treat them like idiots).
Yet demanding your hard earned dollars every year.

HonestChieffan
12-27-2007, 05:21 AM
Carl is Vlad.

BigRedChief
12-27-2007, 05:38 AM
And what about using annonymus writers to bash the media on it's own website?

Thats pretty arrogant.

Chief Chief
12-27-2007, 05:39 AM
HIPAA rules!!

KCChiefsFan88
12-27-2007, 08:11 AM
They don't call him Dictator Carl for nothing.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Yet demanding your hard earned dollars every year.
Demand all you want, you aint getting sh*t from this fan until Clark grows a pair and actually starts respecting the fans as a whole and not just the $$$$$

HC_Chief
12-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Demand all you want, you aint getting sh*t from this fan until Clark grows a pair and actually starts respecting the fans as a whole and not just the $$$$$

Looks like your savings account is about to grow quite a bit ;)

Zouk
12-27-2007, 08:27 AM
I agree with this point, but it's still true that the Chiefs' secrecy is nothing compared to the Patriots' or Colts' secrecy. Marvin Harrison has a bruised knee, right? He's only been listed as questionable for 2 months now. Corey Simon was put on IR in training camp last year for a "personal illness" that has still not been disclosed - and most believe he was never sick at all. Belichick reveals absolutely nothing - and definitely lies on the injury report. This is unfortunately par for the course in the paranoid world of the NFL.

Cochise
12-27-2007, 08:31 AM
Who cares if they list someone on an injury report in the wrong way? Am I personally entitled to know every detail of all those people's medical histories? :spock:

morphius
12-27-2007, 08:36 AM
I agree with this point, but it's still true that the Chiefs' secrecy is nothing compared to the Patriots' or Colts' secrecy. Marvin Harrison has a bruised knee, right? He's only been listed as questionable for 2 months now. Corey Simon was put on IR in training camp last year for a "personal illness" that has still not been disclosed - and most believe he was never sick at all. Belichick reveals absolutely nothing - and definitely lies on the injury report. This is unfortunately par for the course in the paranoid world of the NFL.
Redbull must be a local guy who doesn't pay enough attention to the rest of the league. Of course the Priest situation was confusing, I believe it was to everyone in the organization, but the dude did work himself back into game shape to play, you don't do that if your plan is to retire.

Rain Man
12-27-2007, 08:51 AM
After reading the title, I was sure that the post was going to say, "We're poorly run and haven't won a Super Bowl since the Apollo warmups."

Donger
12-27-2007, 09:01 AM
After reading the title, I was sure that the post was going to say, "We're poorly run and haven't won a Super Bowl since the Apollo warmups."

"Why is it that we can send a man to the moon but we can't send the Chiefs to the Superbowl again?"

Extra Point
12-27-2007, 09:12 AM
"Why is it that we can send a man to the moon but we can't send the Chiefs to the Superbowl again?"

Too much Tang.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2007, 09:13 AM
complete lack of respect for the fans........

Rain Man
12-27-2007, 09:16 AM
Maybe we need a president to make a bold proclamation that the Chiefs will win the Super Bowl before the end of the next decade, and then pour billions of dollars into the team with scientists working around the clock.

Donger
12-27-2007, 09:19 AM
Maybe we need a president to make a bold proclamation that the Chiefs will win the Super Bowl before the end of the next decade, and then pour billions of dollars into the team with scientists working around the clock.

Whoa, boy. Whoa. Maybe we should test it out with a chimp in the front office first?

Rain Man
12-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Whoa, boy. Whoa. Maybe we should test it out with a chimp in the front office first?

That hasn't worked for 19 years. It's time to up the ante.

kregger
12-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Let's build an anti-opponent weapon system that renders them useless inside Arrowhead. At least we can enjoy our home field advantage.

BigChiefFan
12-27-2007, 09:41 AM
I'd love to have a journalist that picks apart Gretz' every move.

BigRedChief
12-27-2007, 10:03 AM
I thought the moon landing was fake?:hmmm:

HC_Chief
12-27-2007, 10:08 AM
I thought the moon landing was fake?:hmmm:
We could film commercials with LJ & Gonzo smiling ear to ear, saying "I'm going to Disneyworld!", then tell everyone we won the SB. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Simplex3
12-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Yeah, having them lie to me isn't as bad as having them be Ok with "almost".

"We almost made the playoffs!"

"We almost won that playoff game!"

WooWoo

HIChief
12-27-2007, 12:32 PM
What the Chiefs report on player status is not for the fan's benefit. Status is reported first and foremost with an eye on the opposition, both for the short and the long term. I have no problem with the Chiefs playing their cards close to their chest.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2007, 01:42 PM
What the Chiefs report on player status is not for the fan's benefit. Status is reported first and foremost with an eye on the opposition, both for the short and the long term. I have no problem with the Chiefs playing their cards close to their chest.
But they don't ...... this is just the kind of sucker-born-every-minute- fan attitude that kept Carl employed for 18 years without winning jack squat.

they were open about how LJ wasn't playing "next week" which pretty much kills your competitive secrets theory.

no they constantly play these games with the fans for their own financial benefits. They wanted fans to think that LJ might still play this season so fans wouldn't dump tickets etc.

RedThat
12-27-2007, 01:52 PM
But they don't ...... this is just the kind of sucker-born-every-minute- fan attitude that kept Carl employed for 18 years without winning jack squat.

they were open about how LJ wasn't playing "next week" which pretty much kills your competitive secrets theory.

no they constantly play these games with the fans for their own financial benefits. They wanted fans to think that LJ might still play this season so fans wouldn't dump tickets etc.

And I think the same thing can be said about Priest Holmes?

why play him? he is done and some of the fans knew about it. Sure it was a surprise to the fans to see him come back and play, but everything was kept in secret till he came back and got the fans attention..."So it's like hey? Priest is back!!! Lets go watch him play."

It's all about the attention and the money.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2007, 03:16 PM
And I think the same thing can be said about Priest Holmes?

why play him? he is done and some of the fans knew about it. Sure it was a surprise to the fans to see him come back and play, but everything was kept in secret till he came back and got the fans attention..."So it's like hey? Priest is back!!! Lets go watch him play."

It's all about the attention and the money.
they been doing it since day 1

i'll bring chester McGlockton up again ... the other teams knew that Chester was out and they knew it was back problems. Yet, Carl denied the back surgery until espn forced him to tell the truth.

why??? .... cause he's an asshat who love the power he holds over the media and fans.

Count Zarth
12-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd love to have a journalist that picks apart Gretz' every move.

Media infighting is petty bullshit.