PDA

View Full Version : RETURN OF HERM

12-27-2007, 07:04 AM
ROUGH RECEPTION LIKELY AWAITS FORMER JETS COACH
By MARK CANNIZZARO
December 27, 2007 -- There's probably more curiosity about the reception Herman Edwards will receive from whatever fans bother to show up at Giants Stadium Sunday to see his Chiefs play the Jets, his former team, than there is about the game itself.

Jets versus Chiefs in the final week of the regular season, and both teams combining for a 7-22 record, isn't exactly an attractive matchup.

The likely reception Edwards and the 3-12 Jets will receive is this: There'll be plenty of booing to go around.

The majority of fans who will be at Giants Stadium, braving a potentially bad football game between two offensively challenged teams in what's expected to be sloppy weather, will surely be there to vent their frustrations

Though Edwards brought the Jets to the playoffs three times (more than any coach in franchise history), there's a large contingent of Jets fans who rank Edwards on the same plane of disdain as Rich Kotite in Jets coaching history.

So you can expect a good dousing of boos to come his way. The catcalls will add insult to Edwards, because his Chiefs have lost their last eight games after a 4-3 start.

Asked yesterday if he's excited to return to Giants Stadium to face his former team, Edwards said: "I don't know about excited, but it's the last stop of our season. It's been tough."

Edwards said the acrimonious breakup with the Jets after the 2005 season was disappointing.

Edwards said since his departure he has talked with Jets owner Woody Johnson, who was furious about him wanting a contract extension and leaking that to the media.

"I've spoken to him," Edwards said. "We're fine."

Edwards said his memories of his Jets experience are positive.

"I'm an optimistic guy," he said. "I'm very pleased with the way we did some things there. We didn't do everything right and we didn't do everything wrong. We had fun and won some. We played in some playoff games and won a couple, but didn't get the ring. That's the shame of it."

There are still a number of Jets players on the current roster who played for Edwards and their feeling about him is universally positive.

"It won't be that strange [to see Edwards], it'll be fun," Jets receiver Justin McCareins said. "A lot of players feel close to him. He's done a lot for this team."

McCareins said he hopes Edwards gets a good reaction from the crowd.

"He's done a lot for a lot of players on this team and this organization," McCareins said.

"Anyone you hear talking about him, players or coaches, have positive things to say about him. We know what type of coach and example he is for this league."

Safety Kerry Rhodes, who played one season under Edwards, said: "A lot of players liked him, and I liked him as well. It's going to be fun."

One player Edwards has a soft spot for is Chad Pennington, who next season possibly could reunite with his old coach in Kansas City, where the Chiefs have had their share of quarterback troubles.

Edwards said it was tough to see Pennington benched, but that he is the consummate pro.

"I think Chad is a guy who understands what this is about, that philosophies change and [coaches] want to do things in a different way," Edwards said. "He understands the whole deal."

Edwards said he thinks Pennington can still start on an NFL team.

"[From] the little bit I've watched - and it's a little different offense than in the past - he can still make the throws," Edwards said. "He's a good decision maker and still a good quarterback."

Link (http://www.nypost.com/seven/12272007/sports/jets/return_of_herm_189768.htm)

It sure does look like Herm has a warm bubbly feeling inside for Pennington.

KC Jones
12-27-2007, 07:18 AM

"[From] the little bit I've watched - and it's a little different offense than in the past - he can still make the throws," Edwards said. "He's a good decision maker and still a good quarterback."

:banghead:

Kerberos
12-27-2007, 09:08 AM

:banghead:

Let the "Jetsification" of the Chiefs begin. :cuss:

Reerun_KC
12-27-2007, 09:12 AM
You think we could talk the NYJ fans into keeping Herm?

Maybe the players could tape him up and stuff him in a utility closet somewhere?

Hog Rider
12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
The loudest boos will be from the Chiefs fans that bother to show up!

Rain Man
12-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Herman is probably glad to be going to New York, where he'll hear less booing than he will in Kansas City.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2007, 10:21 AM
maybe we'll get lucky and some Jet fan with catch Herm upside his head with a battery.

D-cell

Adept Havelock
12-27-2007, 10:24 AM
maybe we'll get lucky and some Jet fan with catch Herm upside his head with a battery.

D-cell

Sounds good, but forget the D-Cell.

Zouk
12-27-2007, 10:46 AM
The loudest boos will be from the Chiefs fans that bother to show up!

I'll be there. It's going to be weird - all the fans will want to lose and the players will want to win. I expect the few Jets fans there to cheer when/if the Chiefs make good plays. I do want to see Brodie perform in person, though.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I'll be there. It's going to be weird - all the fans will want to lose and the players will want to win. I expect the few Jets fans there to cheer when/if the Chiefs make good plays. I do want to see Brodie perform in person, though.
Maybe if you are lucky, you and Herm can get some pre or post game lovin on to celebrate true Herm type season for the Chiefs...

12-27-2007, 11:02 AM

D-cell
We're bringing eggs. going to be throwing eggs at Herm. a battery won't get through security.

12-27-2007, 11:04 AM
LOL!

You're crazy. this will be the lowest point for me as a fan if the Jets lose to Herm and the Chiefs. I want the Jets to crush and humiliate Herm upon his return.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2007, 11:09 AM
I want the Jets to crush and humiliate Herm upon his return.

You and most all of Chiefs nation do as well....

Herm has humiliated us for 2 full years, what is one more game? Hopefully this is his last year in KC... Enough of this joke already.

12-27-2007, 11:11 AM
You and most all of Chiefs nation do as well....

Herm has humiliated us for 2 full years, what is one more game? Hopefully this is his last year in KC... Enough of this joke already.
This was the game I was supposed to go to with htismaqe :(. what happened to that dude? did he kill himself or something?

BigChiefFan
12-27-2007, 11:37 AM
Let the catcalls begin. LOL.

Zouk
12-27-2007, 11:40 AM
LOL!

You're crazy. this will be the lowest point for me as a fan if the Jets lose to Herm and the Chiefs. I want the Jets to crush and humiliate Herm upon his return.

I hope you're right - at least that will give the game some juice. The Jet fans I'm going with only care about the draft pick and could care less about Herm at this point.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2007, 11:48 AM
This was the game I was supposed to go to with htismaqe :(. what happened to that dude? did he kill himself or something?
The Huard love fest, the pathetic coaching and front office, soured him on this season..

The constant Hoote, DFB and GOATSE hijacking of threads with Huard man love was just more than the old man could take...

He has been around, but really burned out on the weak product of Herm and his coaching humiliations...

BigChiefFan
12-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Htis and I got into alot of heated debates, but I always appreciated his takes. I understand why he hasn't been around as much, because I took the same stance earlier in the year.

KCChiefsFan88
12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I do want to see Brodie perform in person, though.

You better not expect him to perform for very long though, because even if he does recover from his "hand injury", I'm sure the opposing team breathing on him will cause him to break a few bones.

Buehler445
12-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I miss htismaqe. The dude knows football.

el borracho
12-27-2007, 11:57 AM
He got tired of debating with morons.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2007, 12:13 PM
You better not expect him to perform for very long though, because even if he does recover from his "hand injury", I'm sure the opposing team breathing on him will cause him to break a few bones.

Point and case!

alpha_omega
12-27-2007, 12:27 PM
One player Edwards has a soft spot for is Chad Pennington, who next season possibly could reunite with his old coach in Kansas City, where the Chiefs have had their share of quarterback troubles...

I am really getting sick of hearing this constantly.

BigChiefFan
12-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Pennington will be the kiss of death for Carl and his cronies. I can see mass exodus. I sure haven't re-upped my tickets and I won't as long as they're in charge. I'm fedup with half-assed attempts at improving with short-sighted solutions. Carl is pathetic. I still think the fans have had it and won't renew if this guys are retained. This is beyond forgiving.

smittysbar
12-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Maybe if you are lucky, you and Herm can get some pre or post game lovin on to celebrate true Herm type season for the Chiefs...

ROFL

12-27-2007, 12:45 PM
I'll be there too.

Where are you sitting? and where are you tailgating?

smittysbar
12-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I'll be there too.

Zouk, as the last Herm fan left, will get VIP treatment. He may even get to drive the bus afterwords, when Herm is slinging everyone but him under it.

Dave Lane
12-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Let the "Jetsification" of the Chiefs begin. :cuss:

It already has. 4-12 baby just like when Herm left the Jets...

12-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Zouk, as the last Herm fan left, will get VIP treatment. He may even get to drive the bus afterwords, when Herm is slinging everyone but him under it.
Herm is going to be burned in effigy all over that parking lot before the game. I'm sure Zouk is bringing a fire extinguisher with him.

Zouk
12-27-2007, 01:03 PM
I'll be there too.

Probably not tailgating at all and not sure where I'm sitting. If you PM me, I'll try to stop by and say hey. Are you Bill Parcells?

12-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Probably not tailgating at all and not sure where I'm sitting. If you PM me, I'll try to stop by and say hey. Are you Bill Parcells?
Yes, check your pm's.

Mr. Laz
12-27-2007, 01:17 PM
We're bringing eggs. going to be throwing eggs at Herm. a battery won't get through security.
i hope you are leaving them out so they will be rotten eggs at least.

KCChiefsFan88
12-27-2007, 01:25 PM

Point and case!

Actually htismaqe is in a moron class all by himself:

I give you exhibit A:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4205437#post4205437

Medlock was the #1 kicker on almost every team's board after the combine. I saw them both play many, many times. Crosby has a strong leg, but lacked consistency. Like I said, Medlock will be just fine and I'm sure he will look back on this and thank God that he got cut by this sorry-ass franchise.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

More comedy from Mr. Iowa regarding Medlock

I had the priviledge of watching, live, quite possibly the best college kicker ever. I'll trust his words on the subject.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

No wonder htismaqe has been M.I.A. recently... he is obviously out helping his lover Medlock find work.

Reerun_KC
12-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Actually htismaqe is in a moron class all by himself:

I give you exhibit A:

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

More comedy from Mr. Iowa regarding Medlock

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

No wonder htismaqe has been M.I.A. recently... he is obviously out helping his lover Medlock find work.

LMAO

12-27-2007, 01:29 PM
i hope you are leaving them out so they will be rotten eggs at least.
They are hard boiled, and being left out in the cold for extreme hardness. :D

http://www.jetnation.com/JetsWiki/images/e/ea/Herm2.png

''If the big hand is at the 12, and the little hand is, uh, wait, my hands are, uh, Hey Dick Curl, what do I do now?''

http://www.jetnation.com/JetsWiki/images/b/b3/Herm3.jpg

''You will play to win the game with your arm ripped off because it's the way to play with your arm ripped off, ok? Now get out there and, um, play to win a ripped off, um, arm''

http://www.jetnation.com/JetsWiki/index.php/Edwards%2C_Herman

12-27-2007, 01:31 PM
One more, I have to get back to work.