PDA

View Full Version : New Years Resolution Folks

Hailchief
12-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Alright I'm not making fun of ROUND folks but here goes.....

I know its the time of season where all the Round folks make New Years resolutions and stick with it for about 3-4 weeks and then QUIT....Are you one of these? (I'm gonna change...loose weight...NOT)

I work out pretty faithfully at a GYM Monday - Friday....and I can't help but notice that I would say 90-95% of the people (men,women) are in resonably good shape....I'm no body builder by no means but....cmon....if you would just stick with it past the 3-4 weeks YOU wouldn't be sore anymore...Not to mention you'd loose alittle of the ROUND... I mean don't get me wrong I enjoy going to the gym when there is only 15-20 people there compared to the 100 that will be there for the first couple weeks after New Years...

Sorry Had to vent.... :cuss:

Are you one of these 100 or one of the 15-20 normals...If one of the 100 just stay home....have another CHEESBURGER

CHIEF

El Jefe
12-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Im a gym regular although I havent gone in over a week because I have had a nasty cold/flu bug.

Simplex3
12-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Ah, to be young and stupid again. Remind us all what it's like, please.

Hailchief
12-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Im a gym regular although I havent gone in over a week because I have had a nasty cold/flu bug.

Its hard to find the time or the want to during the holidays....especially if your sick....

Hope ya get to feeling better....

CHIEF

Hailchief
12-27-2007, 02:58 PM
Ah, to be young and stupid again. Remind us all what it's like, please.

35.....but agreed on the stupid...

CHIEF

Buddy Rich
12-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Alright I'm not making fun of ROUND folks but here goes.....

I know its the time of season where all the Round folks make New Years resolutions and stick with it for about 3-4 weeks and then QUIT....Are you one of these? (I'm gonna change...loose weight...NOT)

I work out pretty faithfully at a GYM Monday - Friday....and I can't help but notice that I would say 90-95% of the people (men,women) are in resonably good shape....I'm no body builder by no means but....cmon....if you would just stick with it past the 3-4 weeks YOU wouldn't be sore anymore...Not to mention you'd loose alittle of the ROUND... I mean don't get me wrong I enjoy going to the gym when there is only 15-20 people there compared to the 100 that will be there for the first couple weeks after New Years...

Sorry Had to vent.... :cuss:

Are you one of these 100 or one of the 15-20 normals...If one of the 100 just stay home....have another CHEESBURGER

CHIEF

you're gay

seclark
12-27-2007, 03:02 PM
working out is my wifes job. i've tried running on her treadmill, but i think the alcohol from the beer makes my legs cramp up.
sec

Demonpenz
12-27-2007, 03:06 PM
i plan on drinking more and enjoying myself more.

smittysbar
12-27-2007, 03:06 PM
My wife's elliptical machine, that she HAD to have, I now use as a coat and hat rack. Though she runs 3 miles 3 or 4 times a week.

DMAC
12-27-2007, 03:10 PM
I'm in shape, don't have any bad habits (exept this place), and enjoy life very much.

I'm just poor. It's freaking time that changes.

chasedude
12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I've quit smoking... one thing at a time please!

El Jefe
12-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Sucks to be poor.

Pablo
12-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Self improvement is masturbation...

Pestilence
12-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I have a resolution to get people to know the difference between loose and lose.

talastan
12-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Plan on spending money on gym membership. You can bet d@mn well I'm going. I also am needing to get back into drumming shape for upcoming shows...

Pablo
12-27-2007, 03:27 PM
I currently have a gym membership, which I haven't used in like 7 months. I won't start working out after New Years, if I do anything I'll just take up running.

I guess I don't really care to be all that muscular, just slender and reasonably toned.

DMAC
12-27-2007, 03:51 PM
I currently have a gym membership, which I haven't used in like 7 months. I won't start working out after New Years, if I do anything I'll just take up running.

I guess I don't really care to be all that muscular, just slender and reasonably toned.We have a gym membership that never gets used either.

The best way to start running is to find a scenic trail, and get an MP3 player with your favorite tunes. I run almost every morning and cant wait. It's peaceful. I see deer and turkey running wild every day.

Jilly
12-27-2007, 03:57 PM
It's the same damn one it is every year. Lose weight. Only this year, it's change diet. I work out every morning and that definitely doesnt' do the trick. It might keep me from gaining weight, but i def dont' lose it.

el borracho
12-27-2007, 04:43 PM
I have to agree. January and February are the most annoying months of the year at the gym. If you don't know what you are doing and are not commited to it anyway then I wish you would just stay home and eat your bon-bons or whatever.

Thig Lyfe
12-27-2007, 04:56 PM
fattys r dum

Pablo
12-27-2007, 08:21 PM
We have a gym membership that never gets used either.

The best way to start running is to find a scenic trail, and get an MP3 player with your favorite tunes. I run almost every morning and cant wait. It's peaceful. I see deer and turkey running wild every day.Yeah..we have quite a few nice nature trails around here. I've just put on like 20 pounds over the past 3 or 4 years and I'm not a big fan of that, and I'm as strong as I care to be, so I suppose running is a good alternative. And I'm certain running is a much more beneficial exercise in terms of health advantages and longevity.

Treadmills really suck though, when I did go to the gym I'd run a mile on the treadmill and I hated it. Just the same annoying noise with like 25 other people who probably eat Ranch dressing covered chocolate cherries for a light snack.

Simply Red
12-27-2007, 08:22 PM
good deal

Stryker
12-27-2007, 08:26 PM
To remain a loyal Chiefs fan.

RibKing67
12-27-2007, 08:31 PM
fattys r dum

I am a fatty and I are not dum dammit :)
See you at the gym next week!! ROFL

Buehler445
12-27-2007, 08:41 PM

Congrats man. Keep it up. That's quite an accomplishment.

As for my gym use, I have a membership to my gym. Guys from work play basketball every Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I go unless I'm out of town or sick.

I need to go use the weights, but I haven't found the time. My schedule hasn't allowed it.

As for the New Year's Resolution, I don't monkey with those much because I know that a "New Year" doesn't provide me appropriate motivation to do something. My fat does good for me to watch my diet and play the ball. If I can get my schedule figured out, maybe I'll get into the weights. I'd like to do some agility work, but the guym doesn't have the equipment.