PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs coverage on Directv

Booyaa
07-26-2001, 01:04 AM
Question to the board, is there any better coverage on Directv on the Chiefs other than Fox Sports St. Louis....I mean Midwest >:)

Curious.....BYT

mcan
07-26-2001, 01:12 AM
booya

I always turn down the volume of the TV anyway and listen to 101 the fox radio. Mitch Holthus and Len Dawson are much more intelligent than the standard guys who pronounce names wrong and stuff. Although, recently Kevin Harland and Moose have been doing Chiefs games on cable, and Kevin used to be the Chiefs play by play guy on 101 before Mitch, so they aren't so bad.

BowtieGuy
07-26-2001, 06:36 AM
Booyaa,

You can get every Chief's game on Directv if you purchase Sunday Ticket (about 135.00 smackers). Otherwise the coverage is no different.

Sunday Ticket covers all 13 Sunday games with the exclusion of the ESPN games. However, if you have Directv you will have ESPN and so you will see that game too.

I purchased Sunday Ticket 2 years ago (I live out of state) and I feel it is worth every penny! :D

Packfan
07-26-2001, 07:12 AM
Dont forget about the pleasure of listening to Bob Gretz and Bill Grigsby.

By the way, I have heard that the NFL ticket is availabe in segments, or teams, or week to week instead of paying for the entire year. Can anyone confirm?

KS Smitty
07-26-2001, 12:01 PM
I agree with mmccann2333. The best way to listen to the game is turn down the TV and find your Chiefs radio station and listen to Mitch Holthaus and Len Dawson.

htismaqe
07-26-2001, 12:03 PM
I'm gonna have to agree with Dienberg, here...

If I have to hear "PPPRRRRRRICE CHOPPERRRRRRRR..." on more time, I'm gonna....

Booyaa
07-26-2001, 12:49 PM
Thanks Guys...I live in the SF Bay Area and Sunday ticket is the best way to go by far...It's just that I cannot Stand Fox Sports Midwests' bais coverage of St. Louis teams! I bought the Fox Affiliates package from DTV to get local coverage during the week of the chiefs. I also listen to Kiezman archives on 810whb when I can. Gooooooo DV and the Chiefs!

Rausch
07-26-2001, 02:02 PM
NO PRESEASON GAMES!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't get the "local" KC feeds and I'm stuck with the east/west coast feeds of the"major networks."

My local cable company that I.......uh.........borrow cable from doesn't broadcast them either. I'm stuck with "Priiiiiiiiicccccce Chopperrrrrrr!"

Oh, damn....my stero is down now too......AARRRRGGHHHHH! :mad:

Luzap
07-26-2001, 02:20 PM
Brad,

That's what bothers me also.

I Want To See The PreSeason Games !!!

Any ideas anyone?

Luz
may be battling the sports bar crowds in dallas again...

dollar1
07-26-2001, 02:36 PM
Move out to the country!! I live 100miles away from KC or any other big city. Congress passed a law last year that allows country bumkins like me to get the local feed from my satellite dish. Since Arrowhead is always sold out, the local stations carry the game. Costs 4$ a month.

Brib...er call your cable co and see what they can do.

Brett

chieffanphil
07-26-2001, 06:37 PM
Directv is the only way for me to go , since i am a Chiefs fan way down here in Mississippi . When the big satellites came out i bought one of them and it was great , even got the preseason game ,but then they scrambled NBC so i went to Directv and it is great . I can watch all the Chiefs games and when the Chiefs aren't playing i can go through all the games and watch the endings of all the games . It is well worth the money . Go Chiefs

Michael Michigan
07-26-2001, 11:09 PM
Luz-

Purchase a BUD. (Big Ugly Dish)

You can find feeds to nearly all pre-season games; (I've yet to miss a Chiefs' p/s game in years)

Usually you can find the KC feed and whomever they are playing.

Plus--lots of times there are no commercials. Great cheerleader shots during the time-outs, and if the voice feed is not cut...funny comments from the broadcast team.

Watch (tape) the Tuesday coaches press conferences and get all kinds of other wild feeds.

Sunday Ticket is also on C-Band, both in analog and digital. (BUD)

Of course HOA's frown upon them.

:cool: