PDA

View Full Version : How do you CO residents do it?

trndobrd
12-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I'm doing some skiing in Colorado over the holidays and have been impressed by the number of Donkey players on the airwaves peddling the wares of various companies. I know everyone in Colorado drives a car from Horseface Motors, but I never knew Ed McCaffery was a shoe salesman or that John Lynch was a corporate shill for a mortgage company.

RainMan, Donger, DenverChief and the rest of the Colorado contingent, how can you listen to the radio or watch TV with nearly every Donkey player working part time as a carnival barker?

Donger
12-27-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm doing some skiing in Colorado over the holidays and have been impressed by the number of Donkey players on the airwaves peddling the wares of various companies. I know everyone in Colorado drives a car from Horseface Motors, but I never knew Ed McCaffery was a shoe salesman or that John Lynch was a corporate shill for a mortgage company.

RainMan, Donger and the rest of the Colorado contingent, how can you listen to the radio or watch TV with nearly every Donkey player working part time as a carnival barker?

I don't listen to the radio or watch the local stations very often. There is some guy who I think is a Denver sports celebrity who does the First Bank of Colorado commercials, but I've never bothered to look it up. Probably an ex-Donk.

manchambo
12-27-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't listen to the radio or watch the local stations very often. There is some guy who I think is a Denver sports celebrity who does the First Bank of Colorado commercials, but I've never bothered to look it up. Probably an ex-Donk.

That's Dave Logan--ex-CU player who was a receiver for the Browns, I think. Might have played for the Broncos for a short while too.

Now he's the radio anouncer for the Broncos.

Donger
12-27-2007, 05:11 PM
That's Dave Logan--ex-CU player who was a receiver for the Browns, I think. Might have played for the Broncos for a short while too.

Now he's the radio anouncer for the Broncos.

Heh. Thanks. I've always wondered.

Donger
12-27-2007, 05:12 PM
BTW, trndobrd, I hope it's nice up there. Be careful coming down the hill on your way home.

Rain Man
12-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I just make a note to boycott the company.

DaFace
12-27-2007, 05:36 PM
My favorite has to be Rod Smith's advertisements for Black Jack Pizza. The commercials are awful, and I can't for the life of me figure out why he does all of them in a cheap knock off of his own jersey. You'd think he'd at least be able to afford his own authentic jersey.

Rain Man
12-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Those Blackjack commercials are the worst. I think Rod Smith's entire face is paralyzed. You can see better facial expressions on South Park.

DaFace
12-27-2007, 05:40 PM
BTW, trndobrd, I hope it's nice up there. Be careful coming down the hill on your way home.

Ditto on that. I read just a bit ago that there were 15 separate cars that have crashed in a one-mile stretch of I-70 between Ward and Kipling this morning.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=83472

Baconeater
12-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I'd have to get satellite radio if I lived there. But then again, that would all be Patriots/Cowboy/Tony Romo/Brett Favre knob-slobbing. Maybe it's just a nice place to visit.

Donger
12-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Ditto on that. I read just a bit ago that there were 15 separate cars that have crashed in a one-mile stretch of I-70 between Ward and Kipling this morning.

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=83472

Well, at least they are doing better with the plowing this year. Not as much snow, of course, but I was stunned to see a plow do my street two days ago. We only got about eight inches.

The wife is telling me that we got another foot today.

Yeah.

JohninGpt
12-27-2007, 06:23 PM
...but I never knew Ed McCaffery was a shoe salesman...
Ed McCaffery = Al Bundy...except Al had four touchdowns in one game.

DenverChief
12-27-2007, 07:38 PM
RainMan, Donger

OH SURE just go ahead and leave me off the list
:harumph:

blueballs
12-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Try listening to Gretz do a Chiefs radio spot
he could deep throat clydesdayle whole and yodel

trndobrd
12-27-2007, 07:59 PM
OH SURE just go ahead and leave me off the list
:harumph:

There, I fixed it. You can stop your bellyaching and go back to inconveniencing your postal carrier. :p

DenverChief
12-27-2007, 08:26 PM
There, I fixed it. You can stop your bellyaching and go back to inconveniencing your postal carrier. :p

ROFL

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-27-2007, 08:35 PM
It's easy to make fun of them - they all suck in their ads.

I did, however, buy my truck from Mr. Ed Toyota - the wife and I both wore Chiefs shirts while shopping. Told them to remove the Mr. Ed sticker before they brought it around or they could keep it. It still had the sticker when they brought it out for me - told the wife and kids we were leaving - they took it back and removed the sticker real quick.

Doesn't matter - money went to the Dolphins anyway - autonation bought all of Mr. Ed's dealerships before I bought my truck.

Garcia Bronco
12-27-2007, 08:59 PM

That would be Dave Logon. He also does the radio broadcast for every Bronco game and coached the State Champion HS Football team like 2 years ago

Garcia Bronco
12-27-2007, 09:00 PM
Those Blackjack commercials are the worst. I think Rod Smith's entire face is paralyzed. You can see better facial expressions on South Park.

Haha they make me laugh.

DaFace
12-27-2007, 09:37 PM
It's easy to make fun of them - they all suck in their ads.

I did, however, buy my truck from Mr. Ed Toyota - the wife and I both wore Chiefs shirts while shopping. Told them to remove the Mr. Ed sticker before they brought it around or they could keep it. It still had the sticker when they brought it out for me - told the wife and kids we were leaving - they took it back and removed the sticker real quick.

Doesn't matter - money went to the Dolphins anyway - autonation bought all of Mr. Ed's dealerships before I bought my truck.

We bought our car from a place that somehow tries to relate themselves with Shanahan. Their customer service survey had a picture of him on it, and I drew a mustache on him when I filled it out.

I sure showed them.

Skip Towne
12-27-2007, 09:40 PM
We bought our car from a place that somehow tries to relate themselves with Shanahan. Their customer service survey had a picture of him on it, and I drew a mustache on him when I filled it out.

I sure showed them.
:LOL: Yes you did.

stevieray
12-27-2007, 09:46 PM
I feel your pain. I endured it for six years...the Oscar MCCaffery "rap" commercials were horrible...

StcChief
12-27-2007, 10:39 PM
as bad as Tory Holt the stiff for "thin cardboard pizza" IMO's in STL.
the square beyond compare is crap.

Miles
12-28-2007, 12:00 AM
I tend to avoid local sports talk so about the only commercials I notice are the already mentioned Blackjack ones.

HonestChieffan
12-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Travis Henrys working on an endorsement deal for condoms so they say...

chief husker
12-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Well, at least they are doing better with the plowing this year. Not as much snow, of course, but I was stunned to see a plow do my street two days ago. We only got about eight inches.

The wife is telling me that we got another foot today.

Yeah.

Just made it back from skiing Wednesday late. Saw more wrecks than I would care to both up and back down the front slope. Skiing was nice though. Carved major tracks on the Vail back bowls for hours with no one around.