PDA

View Full Version : Bob Gretz: "Maybe the fan base needs to be rebuilt"

Pages : [1] 2

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2007, 09:06 AM
I hate to post the propaganda from kcchiefs.com, especially from the likes of Dictator Carl's personal fluffer, Fatass Gretz... but this was too much to pass up. I also included Gretz addressing the fake Pennington/Coles trade rumors.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/12/28/gretz_mailbag_with_a_punch/

From Shane: “I am talking to the Chiefs who are known as the best fans in the NFL. Well, they used to be the best fans in the NFL.

“It seems like the Sea of Red at Arrowhead is quickly draining to fill only the lower level of seats these days. To the real Chiefs fans of the world, it is an agonizing and painful sight to see Arrowhead empty on Sunday home games. The mystique is gone.

“The fans that choose to leave early and not show up are cursed with hearts of quitters. They were a label of fair weather fan proudly and complain any chance they get. They are not real Chiefs; rather, they are spoiled Chiefs doubters. They spread gloom and blame inside Arrowhead with boos and backsides as they leave their seats … is it that hard to understand what rebuilding means? Herm said it best when he told the fans to “Get over it.” We are not immune to a down year and we should not give up on your team so easily.”

Shane, I appreciate your passion and your words. People become fans of a person, team, place or event for many reasons. No matter why they became Chiefs fans, those folks who climbed aboard the bandwagon in the last 18 years were accustomed to seeing winning football games. Now that we’ve had a season where the team has struggled to win, a lot of those fans are questioning their commitment.

Frankly, that’s a good thing. Much like the roster needs to be rebuilt, maybe the fan base needs to be rebuilt as well. Maybe this is a good time for Chiefs fans to consider why they care and why the Arrowhead experience is important to them.

There’s one thing I know for sure: if those folks who buy tickets find the whole thing has become a less than satisfying experience, they will not pay for seats. Everybody in charge at Arrowhead understands that. That’s why there’s a lot of internal pressure to make sure this team gets turned around and turned around correctly.

That’s why I think it’s folly for fans to jump ship now. Have some patience; there’s something building here that if given time will provide a big payoff.

From Josh: ” I have lived with the pride and degradation of being a Chiefs fan all my life. My heart bleeds red and gold. But I am hearing some sick rumor about how the Chiefs are going to trade their first-round draft pick for Chad Pennington and Laveranues Coles. We are already the oldest team in the league. What do we need a couple of old broken Jets for? Someone please tell me it isn’t true.”

Josh, it isn’t true. I would never discount the possibility that a Pennington or Coles might roll through Arrowhead, but it won’t be at the cost of a first-round draft choice. It would come only if the Jets released them and were street free agents looking for work.

Even then, they would not fit the direction Herm Edwards wants to go. He wants to build this team with homegrown Chiefs, not mercenaries looking for a paycheck, even if he should happen to have a history with those players.

mlyonsd
12-28-2007, 09:11 AM
I've had patience since 1970. Screw off Gretz.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2007, 09:12 AM
remember this article for the future ... that pole-smoking POS columnist should have a cattle prod shove up his arse and set on high.

wazu
12-28-2007, 09:17 AM
Classic. We can rebuild the fan base. I'm sure all of the people who live in KC, but haven't been fans so far will be happy to join on now.

kcsports
12-28-2007, 09:19 AM
This whole thing is just a debacle...everything out there stinks. I'm fine with rebuilding, I agree it was time to rebuild, but it stinks out there.

morphius
12-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, the way they kept raising prices I figured that they had already done a good job of it.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Yes, thats it. Bash the fans. ****ing retard...

Cochise
12-28-2007, 09:21 AM
We're not going to rebuild the fan base.. sure, it has needed rebuilding for 10 years, but we're just going to slap some duct tape on it and see if we can get by for a couple more years. You know, like the Chiefs' front office has always done.

mlyonsd
12-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Gretz is missing the point. The fans staying away is the only way this team will be rebuilt as a success.

siberian khatru
12-28-2007, 09:26 AM
"Have some patience"?

ROFL

Hey, Bob: Go **** yourself. Seriously. I mean it. GO. F U C K. YOURSELF.

the Talking Can
12-28-2007, 09:27 AM
someone should kill him

mlyonsd
12-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Rebuilding is going 8-8 and missing the playoffs one year.

Hey Bob, tune into the Patriots Saturday night and see what a good front office looks like.

Dartgod
Now that we’ve had a season where the team has struggled to win...

A Season?

A Season?

FU Gretz!

siberian khatru
someone should kill him

When the regime finally falls, he should be treated the way Nazi collaborators were treated by the French and Dutch in WWII.

noa
12-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Have some patience? Screw yourself Gretz. What does rebuilding a fan base even mean?

We've been patient for years, and fans will be back as soon as this team is respectable again, possibly within the next year or two, but when you start Damon fricking Huard as your QB going into the season, don't expect fans to show up in the same numbers because they know what the deal is. We never had the goal to make it to the Super Bowl this year, and that was evident from the get go. Asking fans to shell out tons of money for tickets, parking just to watch us go on an unprecedented losing streak at Arrowhead is absurd. When you put out a bad product, consumers stop buying it. The only loyalty owed here is from the management to the fans, not the other way around. We've been patient long enough.

Donger
12-28-2007, 09:31 AM
When the regime finally falls, he should be treated the way Nazi collaborators were treated by the French and Dutch in WWII.

My clippers stand at attention.

Demonpenz
12-28-2007, 09:31 AM
if your product is shit people will stop buying it.

dirk digler
12-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Wow Gretz is a fat ass douchebag.

God I hate this organization

Brock
"Shane"? Carl, come on. One pseudonym should be enough for anyone.

siberian khatru
I continue to be simply astounded how this franchise keeps turning on its fans. Is that the business model Clark Hunt really wants to follow?

dirk digler
12-28-2007, 09:33 AM
Does anyone know Gretz's email address?

DMAC
12-28-2007, 09:34 AM
And you know "Shane" doesn't even exist.

siberian khatru

fat****@kcchiefs.com

siberian khatru
And you know "Shane" doesn't even exist.

I'm pretty sure it isn't shaneo69.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2007, 09:36 AM
how many times has this happened?

Chiefs suck, blame the fans

holy f*** ..... this article is just a huge middle finger to the fans and i hope they never forget it.

DMAC
12-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Yeah...why don't you rebuild the fan base. Move the team to Albequerque already.

Bob Dole
12-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Amazing.

Bob Dole has to wonder if any other franchise has ever suggested that their fanbase needs rebuilt.

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Even then, they would not fit the direction Herm Edwards wants to go. He wants to build this team with homegrown Chiefs, not mercenaries looking for a paycheck, even if he should happen to have a history with those players.
Translated: They'll be on the roster next year.

noa
12-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Gretz is appealing to the new German fan base

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2007, 09:44 AM

LuvCarlsRectum@cholesterol.org

StcChief
12-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Call us when the stadium construction is done for preview. Focus on building a winner on the field

Bob Dole
12-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Chiefs fans are unbelievable. How dare they have that "What have you done for me since January 11, 1970?" mentality!

Stewie
12-28-2007, 09:47 AM
They want new, stoopid fans that don't care if a team goes 4-12? "Here's a few thousand of my hard earned dollars Carl. I don't care if you don't know what the hell you're doing." Suck it Gretz... Suck it Carl!

morphius
12-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Chiefs fans are unbelievable. How dare they have that "What have you done for me since January 11, 1970?" mentality!
Get over it

mlyonsd
12-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Maybe Carl instructed Gretz to write this to piss everyone off.

Maybe the 'new' fans won't be into tailgating and will learn to like over priced sucky Arrowhead food.

Carl is a fricking genious (CP spelling).

mylittlepony
12-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Wow, Im shocked. Actually I shouldnt be, this organisation is rude and obnoctious. Had this happened to my local 1st division soccer team. Herm Edwards would have had pigs heads on spikes in his lawn since mid november sometime and the players lockers (who played poorly) would have the same. Gretz would have been excomunicated and treated as a Bronco or Raider fan at homegames and the Hunt family would have had a full mailbox with pleads from unhappy fans.

The Chiefs fans have been acting like Ghandi (admirable) compared to what the Hammarby fans of my neighbourhood would have. And this guy has the guts to complain? He should write thank you for putting up with this crap were doing all we can. Not questioning the loyalty.

Bacon Cheeseburger
12-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Get over it
ROFL Nice work on the new name for the Lounge.

blueballs
12-28-2007, 10:05 AM
They've decided to keep Solari and Gun
and your 2007 scapegoat
Gretz

mlyonsd
12-28-2007, 10:06 AM
And this guy has the guts to complain? He should write thank you for putting up with this crap were doing all we can. Not questioning the loyalty.

Notice Gretz waited until after the last home game to write the article.

Nzoner
12-28-2007, 10:07 AM
The mystique is gone.

That's because the curtain has been pulled back on the Wizard.

Adept Havelock
12-28-2007, 10:10 AM

Too kind.

May I suggest instead we imitate the Romanian people on Christmas Day, 1989? Carl and Herm can stand in for the Ceauşescus.

Kerberos
12-28-2007, 10:12 AM

I didn't even notice that til this thread. :LOL:

StcChief
12-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Eagles - Get Over It Lyrics

I turn on the tube and what do I see
A whole lotta people cryin’ ’don’t blame me’
They point their crooked little fingers ar everybody else
Spend all their time feelin’ sorry for themselves
Victim of this, victim of that
Your momma’s too thin; your daddy’s too fat

Get over it
Get over it
All this whinin’ and cryin’ and pitchin’ a fit
Get over it, get over it

You say you haven’t been the same since you had your little crash
But you might feel better if I gave you some cash
The more I think about it, old billy was right
Let’s kill all the lawyers, kill ’em tonight
You don’t want to work, you want to live like a king
But the big, bad world doesn’t owe you a thing

Get over it
Get over it
If you don’t want to play, then you might as well split
Get over it, get over it

It’s like going to confession every time I hear you speak
You’re makin’ the most of your losin’ streak
Some call it sick, but I call it weak

You drag it around like a ball and chain
You wallow in the guilt; you wallow in the pain
You wave it like a flag, you wear it like a crown
Got your mind in the gutter, bringin’ everybody down
Complain about the present and blame it on the past
I’d like to find your inner child and kick it’s little ass

Get over it
Get over it
All this bitchin’ and moanin’ and pitchin’ a fit
Get over it, get over it

Get over it
Get over it
It’s gotta stop sometime, so why don’t you quit
Get over it, get over it

Kerberos
12-28-2007, 10:19 AM
If I have read that article right it is pretty much about me. I have had season tickets since 1989 and I am pretty much made up my mind (not completely) that I will not be re-newing them this coming season.

I have drank the Carl Peterson "5YearPlan Koolaid" for FAR TOO LONG.

Gretz can kiss my ever-Chief McLovin ASS all the way to the crack. I will live and DIE Red and Gold but I refuse to buy any more season tickets to be dissapointed and pay for it to boot.

I can be just as dissapointed at home in my recliner rather than drive 100+ miles ONE WAY to watch this crap. :shake:

I guess I am going to be joining the ranks of the NON-TRUE FANS since I won't be a season ticket holder.

morphius
12-28-2007, 10:22 AM
I thought about it after Herm said it, but the Gretz article sealed the deal.

BigRock
12-28-2007, 10:23 AM
The fan base needs rebuilt? F**K YOU, GRETZ.

Sterilized, certainly. Exterminated, possibly. But rebuilt, that is offensive.

Kerberos
12-28-2007, 10:30 AM
But rebuilt, that is offensive.

With Herm in the drivers seat we don't have to worry to much about "Offensive" and Rebuilt in the same sentence. :banghead:

Otter
12-28-2007, 10:32 AM
The arrogance of this organization is unbelievable.

I'm trying to imagine another business that would tell a loyal customer who they're asking to drop $1500 year or $300 a game to basically get lost after delivering such a lousy product for so long.

I'm beginning to believe the Hunt's are almost totally hands off in business operations.

ROYC75
12-28-2007, 10:35 AM
As if 37 years is not enough ? :shake:

Iowanian
12-28-2007, 10:36 AM
gretz is teetering on the edge of recieving a "classless and deranged" email.

You fat bastard! In the 30 years I've been a Chiefs fan, I've had about 10 "good years" on the field.

Suffering 1 bad year? Are you effing kidding me?

I'd call you and shane assholes, but that isn't really correct. An Asshole, actually serves a purpose, and you, are more like his first cousin, the taint. You are only a place for ball sweat and dingleberries to collect against a wall of hemroids that buffer you from being at least a good holster for your enlarged head.

You, Carl and all of the Shane's of Chiefsville can all perform a marital act upon yourselves that might be physically difficult to accomplish.

ROYC75
12-28-2007, 10:36 AM
[/i]

That's because the curtain has been pulled back on the Wizard.

ROFL

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 10:38 AM
gretz is teetering on the edge of recieving a "classless and deranged" email.

You fat bastard! In the 30 years I've been a Chiefs fan, I've had about 10 "good years" on the field.

Suffering 1 bad year? Are you effing kidding me?

I'd call you and shane assholes, but that isn't really correct. An Asshole, actually serves a purpose, and you, are more like his first cousin, the taint. You are only a place for ball sweat and dingleberries to collect against a wall of hemroids that buffer you from being at least a good holster for your enlarged head.

You, Carl and all of the Shane's of Chiefsville can all perform a marital act upon yourselves that might be physically difficult to accomplish.SEND IT!

InChiefsHell
12-28-2007, 10:38 AM
I've thought about just going down there to tailgate with some friends, everybody pays 5.00 to get in and then party your ass off for 3 hours. Then go home and watch the game. That way, you get the best of the Arrowhead experience, the tailgating. It certainly isn't the play on the field this season...

RedThat
12-28-2007, 10:40 AM
FAN BASE NEEDS TO BE REBUILT?!?!?!

GIMME A FRIKKN BREAK!!!!!

WHAT KINDA CRAP IS THAT?!?! :cuss: :cuss:

*DO THESE FRIK"NN GUYS FAIL TO SEE THAT THEY'VE BEEN SUPPORTED BY PASSIONATE AND LOYAL FANS OVER THE YEARS?!?!

IF ANYTHING, THEY SHOULD BE THE ONES TO BLAME FOR PROVIDING PISS POOR MEDIOCRE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD FOR THE FANS TO SEE OVER THE YEARS!!! AND NOW BLAME THE FANS?!?!?!

WHAT KIND OF AN ORGANIZATION IS THIS?!

HOLY CRAP!!! THIS GUY DESERVES AN EARFUL MAN!

"HEY, IF YOUR TEAM SUCKS ARE YOU NOT GOING TO BE PISSED OFF?! ARE YOU NOT GOING TO WANT TO WATCH ANYMORE GAMES, OR RATHER LEAVE EARLY IN DISGUST?"

IT CALLED EMOTION GRETZ!WHEN FANS ARE PISSED AND DISGUSTED THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE INTEREST AND STOP CARING THATS WHATS HAPPENS YOU HAVE AN ORGANIZATION THAT IS CONSISTENT AT BUILDING LOSING TEAMS! HOLY CRAP!

I HATE THIS BS WHERE YOU HAVE FANS THAT THINK THERE BETTER THEN OTHER FANS BECAUSE THEY STAY RIGHT TILL THE VERY END OF GAMES...YEAH SO? WHATS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? YOUR BETTER FAN THEN ME? GO TAKE YOUR ARROGANCE ELSEWHERE!

morphius
12-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I've thought about just going down there to tailgate with some friends, everybody pays 5.00 to get in and then party your ass off for 3 hours. Then go home and watch the game. That way, you get the best of the Arrowhead experience, the tailgating. It certainly isn't the play on the field this season...
maybe we should just turn Bannister into a giant parking lot, so the fans can tailgate without have to pay to have the fans replaced.

siberian khatru
Just remember ...

There are many people celebrating Robinson's departure, reveling in kicking a man when he's down, laughing at the raw emotion he was willing to share on what was probably the worst day of his professional life. If you are one of those people, like the classless folks who started a web site to promote the firing of Robinson, please seek help. You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work. You are deranged and cannot a hold a candle to a man like Robinson.

Donger
I sense some anger here. That's good, but what will it take during the off season? Will you still go to games next year if Carl isn't fired? Herm too?

Nzoner
12-28-2007, 10:46 AM
I sense some anger here. That's good, but what will it take during the off season? Will you still go to games next year if Carl isn't fired? Herm too?

I've said this on numerous occasions but I gave my season tickets up 2 years ago and until Carl is gone I'm done.All I'm asking as a die hard fan is show me something in regards to bringing in a new front office and I will purchase 2 tickets just to show my support of trying something new.

Iowanian
12-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Here is another fact this mcDumb**** doesn't seem to comprehend.

Coaches and players come and go. Coaches and Players change team loyalty with the stroke of a pen and a check to cash.

Fans......Chiefs fans have been here through it all. Its not a coach, a GM or any player ever to wear this uniform who has suffered through the good and bad.

The players sure as hell haven't played well becasue the fans drove hours and hours, again....wearing team apparel they've purchased, to create the atmosphere Arrowhead has become known for......

The ONE constant is the fans. To suggest the fanbase needs rebuilt is well.....Its 20 IQ points below "let them eat cake" retarded.

Carl...on the other hand, has suggested that fans were happy with the product, even though the record is LOSING over the past 10 years, with a measly 2 playoff appearances(0 wins)....and when the fans finally do the only thing the front office understands, by their own words......the FANS, the people who live in KC and drive many hundred miles to buy your product year after year are the problem?

I'm pretty close to a "f your mother" angry by that comment.

GEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet OOoooooover IT! from a coach, scoffing from the front office and the hamburglar towards the ONE constant this team has?

Cheeeeeeeeeeeerist.

Donger
12-28-2007, 10:49 AM
I've said this on numerous occasions but I gave my season tickets up 2 years ago and until Carl is gone I'm done.All I'm asking as a die hard fan is show me something in regards to bringing in a new front office and I will purchase 2 tickets just to show my support of trying something new.

Good for you. That's the antithesis of mental masturbation.

siberian khatru
12-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Here is another fact this mcDumb**** doesn't seem to comprehend.

Coaches and players come and go. Coaches and Players change team loyalty with the stroke of a pen and a check to cash.

Fans......Chiefs fans have been here through it all. Its not a coach, a GM or any player ever to wear this uniform who has suffered through the good and bad.

The players sure as hell haven't played well becasue the fans drove hours and hours, again....wearing team apparel they've purchased, to create the atmosphere Arrowhead has become known for......

The ONE constant is the fans. To suggest the fanbase needs rebuilt is well.....Its 20 IQ points below "let them eat cake" retarded.

Carl...on the other hand, has suggested that fans were happy with the product, even though the record is LOSING over the past 10 years, with a measly 2 playoff appearances(0 wins)....and when the fans finally do the only thing the front office understands, by their own words......the FANS, the people who live in KC and drive many hundred miles to buy your product year after year are the problem?

I'm pretty close to a "f your mother" angry by that comment.

GEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet OOoooooover IT! from a coach, scoffing from the front office and the hamburglar towards the ONE constant this team has?

Cheeeeeeeeeeeerist.

Excellent post.

Carl and Co. think they're bigger than a fanbase that has been following the team far longer than they've been associated with it.

Chief Faithful
12-28-2007, 10:53 AM

I really really want to believe this. This is the only reason Herm should have one more year to prove this is really what is taking place.

Frazod
12-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Gretz can go f#ck himself. The arrogance of these people is amazing.

YOU HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING SINCE 19-F#CKING-70!!!!! We're sick of it! 4321

RedThat
12-28-2007, 10:55 AM
You know how stupid your making yourself look Gretz?

It's one thing to have a losing season. But when you see your fan base sinking a bit. You don't , and I mean don't say your fans need to be rebuilt! Oh no...thats a no no.

And the same thing can be said about Rufus, you lose fans, you don't call them brutish and repellent...A classic example of arrogance!

Don't forget these are passionate and loyal fans who work hard for their money, and spend their hard earned dollars in devotion to the Chiefs in which whom they love? So why crticize them? That is a way to death..You lose credibility towards your fan base like that!

We have every right to be upset, and leave games early or not attend games! Were tired of seeing medioricity and now even worse?!?! It's simple, we care, and want to see the Chiefs committed to building a winner.

Iowanian
12-28-2007, 10:55 AM
And will be here long, long after they are long gone from the Chiefs.

When is the last time Carl OR Gretz sat in the top deck on the shadow side for a below zero game, screaming themselves horse for their team to destroy Jarious Jackson?

I've sat through rain, freezing temps, snow.....for losing teams and winning teams. Ironically.....through at least 5 head coaches, staffs and reporters whose names I can no longer recall because they've been gone so long. I've cheered backup QBs who left KC because of the same F.O and went to a Chief fans worst enemy....Oakland and took THEM to a superbowl.

Suffering 1 year my aching ass.

Gretz should be duct taped and put in the bottom of an Arrowhead Porta-Potty with a sign outside annoucing to the crowd what he has said.

I'm hoping that happens on "Bad nacho sunday".

philfree
12-28-2007, 11:00 AM
I can't believe that's in print. Never cared for Gretz and now I hate him.

PhilFree:arrow:

KCFalcon59
12-28-2007, 11:03 AM
Gretz, you make me want to throw up. How you can even write this shit is beyond me. I have had season tickets going into my 19th season. I have given a lot to the chiefs. I have been a fan since I was a small boy. I would sit with my mom and dad and watch the chiefs every sunday. My mom would cheer loudly, magically predict plays before they would happen, and would cuss out John Madden and the stinking faiders.

All that is gone.

It isn't about one bad season. It is about an arrogance and condescension that is spewed at the fans of this organization. We can see the product on the field. It is atrocious. We lack quality players. We lack quality coaches. We lack a quality front office. We lack quality journalists covering this team (Gretz/Daweswhoeverthe****hemightbe). And they want us to just get over it. **** them all. The whole organization needs an enema.

**** them if they don't want to hear us bitch. **** them if we don't show up to games. It pisses me off to no end that I will not renew my tickets after having them for so long. The only way that changes is if there are meaningful changes when the season ends Sunday. It had better be swift, it had better be thorough. Anything else it's goodbye.

Nzoner
12-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Good for you. That's the antithesis of mental masturbation.

I've got nothing better,as a fan I've never felt this helpless and comments like rebuilding the fanbase just push me farther away.

MahiMike
12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
I blame it on sub-prime lending. The Chiefs spent good $ on depreciating assets...namely Herm...

Cochise
12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Someone should email Gretz a link to this thread to see how the fans feel.

Fans are angry about the front office always trying to win now and never focusing on building a solid team. From the ground up.

They have let the offensive line deteriorate without making any quality additions to it for years.

They refused, until forced kicking and screaming by Huard's ineptitude, to play the young QB.

They continually show they have no clue how to coach in games, from making adjustments in the second half to calling plays to even how to use time outs.

The defense is porous, and has basically been bad for a decade. Rather than blow it up, bring in a new coordinator, and start from scratch, we bring in Dexter McCleons and Vonnie Holidays and Kendrell Bells.

We continually bargain hunt in the draft and free agency rather than actually making a push to get marquee players.

This organization has not won a playoff game in nearly FIFTEEN YEARS.

The last time this organization accomplished anything, winning a playoff game, George Bush was president. The Branch Davidian compound in Waco was still standing. Beavis and Butt-head would not debut for several months. In several more months, people would begin browsing the internet with Mosaic 1.0.

The #1 movie in the country was Aladdin the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game. Remember the song I Can't Help Falling In Love" by UB40? No, it wasn't the number 1 song. That song was still 6 months away.

And I, now close to 30, was all of 14 years of age.

You're right Gretz. What right do we have to expect that sometime between my junior high school years and age 30, the team would have won a playoff game?

I know, take heart. There's a 32 year old QB out there we can run out next year. There are more bargain basement free agents we can use to "reload". There's a running back who will turn 29 next season, who we've got signed for a huge cap number for 5 more years. There are draft picks we can trade down for more Kris Wilsons and Junior Siaviis and Eddie Freemans.

All this roster needs is a few tweaks. Like every year for the last 20 years, we're only a player or two away.

Seriously Gretz. We're all idiots. Anyone who doesn't continue to write four-digit checks to the organization and show up to watch the ensuing trainwreck must just not be a true fan.

I don't swear all that often but f*ck you Gretz. f*ck you in your stupid ass.

RedThat
12-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey I got an idea?

Maybe the organization needs to be re-built?

Maybe they need new ownership? Maybe they need a new GM? Maybe they need a new head coach? Maybe they need to hire better journalists? Maybe they just need to re-construct the whole FO?

*Or maybe, lastly, maybe they just need to be burned to ground

TN_Chief
12-28-2007, 11:19 AM
if your product is shit people will stop buying it.Apparently Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards and Gretz are unfamiliar with the basic tenets of economics.

FringeNC
12-28-2007, 11:20 AM
It's time for Posnanski to really call out Peterson for creating at atmosphere at Arrowhead that encourages this fan-bashing.

Sure-Oz
12-28-2007, 11:20 AM
bob gretz go **** yourself !! best fans in the NFL have taken enough crap

FAX
12-28-2007, 11:27 AM
The term "cellulite diseased bovine ass muncher" comes to mind.

FAX

Donger
12-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Wow.

"I was once a naïve believer in the freedom of expression and the virtues of not looking to blame someone in the front office for every failure. True, I prefer to see most geese as swans, especially those flying in the Chiefs flock. But I also thought that different opinions should be tolerated, not having grasped that the purpose of those who argue for some coach or GM’s removal is to impose ideological uniformity to the reason for losing."

Nzoner
12-28-2007, 11:28 AM
Talk about their old slogan,"MAKE'M SEE RED."

The more I think about this the more pissed I'm getting.The arrogance of a business that I've spent 10's of thousands of dollars on only to be taken advantage of like some dumbass has me thinking it's time to say goodbye forever unless like mentioned before the OWNER is very swift about putting an end to this BS now!!

Mr. Laz
12-28-2007, 11:29 AM
It's time for Posnanski to really call out Peterson for creating at atmosphere at Arrowhead that encourages this fan-bashing.
i wish there was some way for Clark Hunt to receive all these fan bashing "true fan" articles.

i wonder how he would respond?

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Someone should email Gretz a link to this thread to see how the fans feel.

Fans are angry about the front office always trying to win now and never focusing on building a solid team. From the ground up.

They have let the offensive line deteriorate without making any quality additions to it for years.

They refused, until forced kicking and screaming by Huard's ineptitude, to play the young QB.

They continually show they have no clue how to coach in games, from making adjustments in the second half to calling plays to even how to use time outs.

The defense is porous, and has basically been bad for a decade. Rather than blow it up, bring in a new coordinator, and start from scratch, we bring in Dexter McCleons and Vonnie Holidays and Kendrell Bells.

We continually bargain hunt in the draft and free agency rather than actually making a push to get marquee players.

This organization has not won a playoff game in nearly FIFTEEN YEARS.

The last time this organization accomplished anything, winning a playoff game, George Bush was president. The Branch Davidian compound in Waco was still standing. Beavis and Butt-head would not debut for several months. In several more months, people would begin browsing the internet with Mosaic 1.0.

The #1 movie in the country was Aladdin the last time the Chiefs won a playoff game. Remember the song I Can't Help Falling In Love" by UB40? No, it wasn't the number 1 song. That song was still 6 months away.

And I, now close to 30, was all of 14 years of age.

You're right Gretz. What right do we have to expect that sometime between my junior high school years and age 30, the team would have won a playoff game?

I know, take heart. There's a 32 year old QB out there we can run out next year. There are more bargain basement free agents we can use to "reload". There's a running back who will turn 29 next season, who we've got signed for a huge cap number for 5 more years. There are draft picks we can trade down for more Kris Wilsons and Junior Siaviis and Eddie Freemans.

All this roster needs is a few tweaks. Like every year for the last 20 years, we're only a player or two away.

Seriously Gretz. We're all idiots. Anyone who doesn't continue to write four-digit checks to the organization and show up to watch the ensuing trainwreck must just not be a true fan.

I don't swear all that often but f*ck you Gretz. f*ck you in your stupid ass.Holt shit! I don't think I have ever seen you pissed like this before.
:eek: :eek:

FringeNC
12-28-2007, 11:33 AM
i wish there was some way for Clark Hunt to receive all these fan bashing "true fan" articles.

i wonder how he would respond?

E-mail JoPo the link to this thread. I could see him writing an article about "A Classless and Deranged" franchise. That may actually embarrass Clark Hunt.

Agent V
12-28-2007, 11:42 AM
F*** OFF GRETZ!

Seriously. I have supported this team through good and bad, through thick and thin. I wear their merchandise with pride everywhere I go and take the verbal lashing from people who AREN'T true fans. For 11 years (I'm 18 and have been watching since childhood) I have been a proud supporter with hopes that it would someday become something worth watching.

I remember as a child of 7 years old I cried like a baby when I witnessed the Chiefs fall in the playoffs in the 1997 season. I cried because I braved the bitter cold and drunken fans surrounding me to watch my team lose so disappointingly. Don't EVER accuse me or any of us of not being true fans, Gretz. I know people who have braved more than me and for a longer period of time. My family has had season tickets for over 20 years and have retained them through the ridiculous price-raising every damn year. We drive for 4 hours to Kansas City and dedicate at least 6 weekends every year to overnight trips to watch the team.

I'd like for him to spew this BS to my face. Call me a fake fan when I tell you about how I'm so passionate about the Chiefs I cannot faithfully follow another sport. Call me a fake fan when you hear about my grandfather (who originally bought our season tickets) passed away 4 weeks into the 2003 season and a Chiefs hat was placed by his side by me and my siblings. When fans like me are upset with the organization, you know something is wrong. We're trying to incite change, not destroy the team.

the Talking Can
12-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Is there another Company that choses to sell its product with contempt for its customers?

Cochise
12-28-2007, 11:47 AM
I bet there is a minority of season ticket holders who, if Gretz were reading this to them in person would just punch him in the face

kregger
12-28-2007, 11:47 AM
It will interesting to see the Clark Hunt post season comment. I really hope he has been following all this crap being spewed by his employees.
If nothing else he may see all the $$$ traveling across the parking lot to a team that really is trying to rebuild.

Donger
12-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Is there another Company that choses to sell its product with contempt for its customers?

Yes: Big Oil

Cochise
12-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Oh, haha, don't forget when I emailed them to say I wouldn't be back as long as Huard was starting, and they replied "Sounds like a plan"

Sure-Oz
12-28-2007, 11:55 AM
This franchise wont last, the fans certainly have figured out their BS and havent shown up. Really when was the last time we were THIS bad and unorganized?

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes: Big OilLMAO

bkkcoh
12-28-2007, 11:58 AM
They had better be careful about building a new fan base. With the way the younger generations are, they wont be about to have 18 years to build a 5 year winning plan as before. It will be 2 pr 3 years and if there isn't a remarkable turn-around, they will go else where, as will the the Chiefs... Is that what they want? I would certainly hope not.

wazu
12-28-2007, 11:58 AM
Oh, haha, don't forget when I emailed them to say I wouldn't be back as long as Huard was starting, and they replied "Sounds like a plan"

ROFL

RedThat
12-28-2007, 12:00 PM
This franchise wont last, the fans certainly have figured out their BS and havent shown up. Really when was the last time we were THIS bad and unorganized?

It hasn't been a while since we were this bad. Not back till the day of the 80's my friend.

Im convinced that prior to Herm the Chiefs had good coaches. I think that made the Chiefs a lot more respectable then they are now. But it's amazing that, when the Chiefs hired a BAD head coach it really revealed the true colours of the FO and how bad they really are.

I think the hiring of the Schottenheimers and the Vermeil really "masked" the bad of the FO.

Bowser
12-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Surreal. It's like the ultimate state of denial, and this is the last line of defense for Carl and Company before they actually take a look at themselves.

Hey Gretz, I know I'm not a "true fan" because I don't have my name on season tickets, so this might not strike a cord with you, but not only did my wife and I specifically plan our wedding to be on a bye week, the last time the team you want me to show patience with hasn't won a championship since before I was born. I guess the tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on this team isn't good enough for me to voice my displeasure at the outright ineptitude that has shown for the better part of 40 years. Sure, there have been good moments, even great moments, but those moments plus a dollar will get you a small coke at McDonalds. In fact, you're right. I'm not a good enough fan for this team with the way it's heading. I'll refrain from spending any more on a product that I'm just not cut out to support.

FringeNC
I think the hiring of the Schottenheimers and the Vermeil really "masked" the bad of the FO.

Yep. I have come to the exact same conclusion.

Sure-Oz
I agree as well...

I believe our next changes will be OC and DC....

we'll get some loser like rich cotite or wayne fontes to run the O and Eric Hicks will retire at the end of the year to take guns job as DC, and use his famous words "we'll fix it!" everytime he's interview about the D

Joie
12-28-2007, 12:06 PM
So because we're not willing to pay a couple hundred dollars for tickets and $20 for parking to see our team lose yet again we need to be replaced by better fans? Sorry you feel that way, Gretz, but I can suffer the agony of defeat in my own home for free and use that money for something my family will enjoy.

BigChiefFan
12-28-2007, 12:08 PM
It's simple. If they are retained-I'm no longer a STH. If they are released, I'll renew. Two can play this game, Gretz. My decision, along with thousands of other STHs will affect you more than us. Have fun at the soup kitchen, you prick.

KC Dan
12-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Oh No, he didn't say that....

Clark has to purge this organization now or they will be in LA by 2010.

Ebolapox
12-28-2007, 12:13 PM
absof*ckinglutely ricockulous. years of supporting sh*t, and I'M the reason the chiefs suck? F*CK YOU, GRETZ

ottawa_chiefs_fan
12-28-2007, 12:17 PM
I think if Hunt were to read this (and I a pretty sure he will) - fat boy would be called into the office to answer a few questions...it is one thing for a (perceived) valued employee like Herm or Carl to create contoversy, but for a third-rate sports reporter like him - it is something very different. The challenge we as fans have is to somehow make our disgust with this article known to Chiefs management - Wait - doesn't Wendler always say the Chiefs read everything he writes?????

What better than to call out fat boy on this article - do it before someone else does, GoChiefs - because I think someone else will....

acesn8s
12-28-2007, 12:20 PM
If he means that the "real fans" called ticket brokers need to release their season tickets so that the not so "real fans" may become STH. Then I guess he may be right. But it sounds like that they don't want their "real fans" booing them for being stupid. Simple solution: DON'T BE STUPID!!!

Donger
12-28-2007, 12:28 PM
It's really quite simple, folks. If Peterson is still GM come opening day next year, will you attend games or not? Without action, all of this is anger is minutia.

I think that Peterson knows a junkie when he sees one, or eighty thousand...

Mecca
12-28-2007, 12:34 PM
This organization is arrogant like they are the Patriots or something, yet they haven't won anything. Then how dare you question them or not just eat the shit they feed you then you are a bad fan....

While all this goes on, the owner Lamar at one point, now Clark, act like they could careless about all of this. The Chiefs are still to my knowledge the only team that has a made up "columnist" on their site with no reason other to attack people who disagree with what they do.

AZORChiefFan
12-28-2007, 12:40 PM
http://sidesalad.net/archives/MontyPythonsMeaningOfLifeMrCreosoteItsOnlyWaferThin.jpg
The Chiefs FO has turned into Mr Creosote.

philfree
12-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I tried to send an e-mail to Gretz and when I hit send the page wouldn't open. It's either being bombarded orthey shut it down because of lard asses comment.

Que Card QB
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
For them to even consider responding to criticisms in this manner is just mind blowing. Freaking John Welborn knows how to blow smoke up our asses better than that! What did he say, "We're not a bad team. If we make all the right plays people would be saying we're a good team." or some nonsensical BS like that.
Christ's sake! The correct answer is, "I don't blame people for leaving early, being pissed, or booing the team. They paid good money and invested a lot of time in supporting this team and were let down. Hopefully the Chiefs will turn it around ASAP".

FU!

smittysbar
12-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Gretz is a ****ing douche bag piece of shit, shit cricker, pussy dick, mother ****er!

Rain Man
12-28-2007, 12:53 PM
Am I...am I being fired? I've given this organization 30 years of my life. I never take a sick day. I never miss a game. When they needed me on Christmas Day of 1971, I was there. I didn't complain. And now I'm being fired as if I was nothing, as if I'm some guy who just wandered in off the street? This is unbelievable.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 12:54 PM
This describes this organization perfectly...

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/tradition.jpg

siberian khatru
12-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Am I...am I being fired? I've given this organization 30 years of my life. I never take a sick day. I never miss a game. When they needed me on Christmas Day of 1971, I was there. I didn't complain. And now I'm being fired as if I was nothing, as if I'm some guy who just wandered in off the street? This is unbelievable.

Take your gold watch and STFU !

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Or this one...

http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/arrogance.jpg

KCTitus
12-28-2007, 12:56 PM
It's really quite simple, folks. If Peterson is still GM come opening day next year, will you attend games or not? Without action, all of this is anger is minutia.

Yep...been saying this for several years. Im constantly amazed during this 3 month losing streak that there were that many people showing up to Arrowhead to begin with.

I truly feel for the locals who have to make that choice. It's easy for me to say 1000 miles away, but I would have dumped em after '03's debacle.

Agent V
12-28-2007, 12:58 PM
I was there for the first Thanksgiving game at Arrowhead Stadium (like many of you were) and I missed the only Thanksgiving I've ever missed in my life. I live four hours from KC and my parents, brother and sister and I still skipped a cherished (and I mean CHERISHED) family holiday to watch this team play. You're right, I guess what we do is worthless. F***ing Gretz...

Donger
12-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Yep...been saying this for several years. Im constantly amazed during this 3 month losing streak that there were that many people showing up to Arrowhead to begin with.

I truly feel for the locals who have to make that choice. It's easy for me to say 1000 miles away, but I would have dumped em after '03's debacle.

I feel for them and don't envy their choice, too. But, it is THEIR choice. If nothing of significance happens during the off season, I hope that they remember today's anger and turn it into action.

Rain Man
12-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Take your gold watch and STFU !

I don't think that's even real gold.

Anyone got a cardboard box? I need to pack up my 1983 team picture and my John Alt-autographed game program and my Bobby Bell autograph from that Kitty Clover potato chip promotion back in 1971, and get them out to the car.

Does anyone know if the Patriots are hiring?

chagrin
12-28-2007, 01:02 PM
"there’s something building here that if given time will provide a big payoff."
What the f*ck does he know about anything?

Donger
12-28-2007, 01:05 PM
"there’s something building here that if given time will provide a big payoff."
What the f*ck does he know about anything?

I think that's kind of like a teenage boy telling his girlfriend, "Oh come on. Please? I'll just put the tip in, and that's it. I promise!"

Rain Man
12-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Gosh, I still can't believe this. I had planned to be a fan of this team to retirement. And now it's over. Now what do I do? Other teams don't want middle-aged bald fans. They want young guys with painted bare chests. They want young blonde women who bounce and dance. I'll never hook on with another team. I'm going to end up being a fan of arena football, or worse, baseball. I may end up having to watch soccer. I can't believe they dropped this on me.

Donger
12-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Gosh, I still can't believe this. I had planned to be a fan of this team to retirement. And now it's over. Now what do I do? Other teams don't want middle-aged bald fans. They want young guys with painted bare chests. They want young blonde women who bounce and dance. I'll never hook on with another team. I'm going to end up being a fan of arena football, or worse, baseball. I may end up having to watch soccer. I can't believe they dropped this on me.

At least they did it on a Friday.

Skip Towne
12-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I think if Hunt were to read this (and I a pretty sure he will) - fat boy would be called into the office to answer a few questions...it is one thing for a (perceived) valued employee like Herm or Carl to create contoversy, but for a third-rate sports reporter like him - it is something very different. The challenge we as fans have is to somehow make our disgust with this article known to Chiefs management - Wait - doesn't Wendler always say the Chiefs read everything he writes?????

What better than to call out fat boy on this article - do it before someone else does, GoChiefs - because I think someone else will....
Wendler has delusions of grandeur.

Rain Man
12-28-2007, 01:16 PM
At least they did it on a Friday.

They had this planned, didn't they? I bet they knew when I went to the Titans game, and just wouldn't tell me to my face.

siberian khatru
12-28-2007, 01:22 PM
They had this planned, didn't they? I bet they knew when I went to the Titans game, and just wouldn't tell me to my face.

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4484848&postcount=16

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs announced Friday that they have released longtime fan Siberian Khatru, ending a 32-year relationship.

"While we are appreciative of the support and contributions Siberian Khatru has made to the Chiefs organization over the years," Chiefs President Carl Peterson said, "we believe it's time to move in a different direction. Siberian's philosophy -- what some would call a 'win a Super Bowl' mentality -- had clearly diverged from what we believe is best for the Kansas City Chiefs organization.

"We wish him well in his future endeavors and are confident he will find a team that better suits his needs."

Dartgod
12-28-2007, 01:22 PM
They had this planned, didn't they? I bet they knew when I went to the Titans game, and just wouldn't tell me to my face.We all knew. Me, Stevieray, BRC...

We just didn't have the heart to tell you.

KCChiefsFan88
12-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Other teams don't want middle-aged bald fans. They want young guys with painted bare chests.

Well based on how Dictator Carl likes to build his football teams, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rebuild the fan base with a bunch of 90 year-olds. Remember Carl has a fondness for the washed up.

Stewie
12-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Just wait until you find out your Chiefs' retirement plan went to signing Kendrell Bell and you got nothin' in your account. Carl thought you would approve.

Otter
12-28-2007, 01:34 PM

They've pushed you around for far too long Rain Man!!!

http://www.vinospritbolaget.com/images/jack-daniels.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/57/AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg/300px-AK-47_type_II_Part_DM-ST-89-01131.jpg

the Talking Can
12-28-2007, 01:38 PM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4484848&postcount=16

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Kansas City Chiefs announced Friday that they have released longtime fan Siberian Khatru, ending a 32-year relationship.

"While we are appreciative of the support and contributions Siberian Khatru has made to the Chiefs organization over the years," Chiefs President Carl Peterson said, "we believe it's time to move in a different direction. Siberian's philosophy -- what some would call a 'win a Super Bowl' mentality -- had clearly diverged from what we believe is best for the Kansas City Chiefs organization.

"We wish him well in his future endeavors and are confident he will find a team that better suits his needs."

ROFL

that's perfect...we should ask Gretz where our pink slips are...

stonedstooge
12-28-2007, 01:38 PM
My soon to be ex-wife has our 4 season tickets on her side of the settlement agreement. Hope the judge doesn't punish me and make me take them.

Duck Dog
12-28-2007, 01:39 PM
I can't believe the front office would let this shit bag talk about their fans that way unless he's just their mouth piece. Either way, what a f uc k ed up situation we have at Arrowhead.

dirk digler
12-28-2007, 01:42 PM
Awesome post Cochise. My suggestion is to email that to Whitlock and JoePo and let's get the media involved in this. Enough is enough.

Chief Faithful
12-28-2007, 01:43 PM
The Chiefs are the best 4-11 team in the NFL!

Just brown nosing the boss so I can keep my job as a Chief Faithful.

philfree
12-28-2007, 01:45 PM
I can't believe the front office would let this shit bag talk about their fans that way unless he's just their mouth piece. Either way, what a f uc k ed up situation we have at Arrowhead.

The front office has the built in escape route at the end of every Gretz article that says something like-"The opinions offered in this column do not necessarily reflect those of the Kansas City Chiefs."

HonestChieffan
gretz should go with Carl

Que Card QB
Where do they propose they'll find these new fans to embrace mediocrity at a high price?

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Here's one for Herm...
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/blame.jpg

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 01:51 PM
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/cluelessness.jpg

Buzz
12-28-2007, 01:54 PM
Ray Farmer wants to see you guy's in his office. :doh!:

InChiefsHell
12-28-2007, 01:59 PM
You can email Gretz at www.kcchiefs.com/feedback

He's got the link in the article on the site.

What an idiot this guy is. I can't believe how bad things have gotten in one year with the FO...bound to happen I guess.

Tribal Warfare
12-28-2007, 02:21 PM
This is UNF*CKINBELIEVABLE , Gretz and Carl should get shit canned after this. 4321 :# :cuss:

Boris The Great
12-28-2007, 02:35 PM
I disagreed with Gretz. Then I read this thread.

Fruit Ninja
12-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Lets blame the fans on our inability to build a winning franchise. lol

I used to think Gretz was ok, but he's a retard. Someone needs to email Whitlock this thread. He could have a field day with Gratz.

duncan_idaho
12-28-2007, 02:55 PM
I hate this.

I hate it all.

I hate watching a game knowing my team has no chance. I hate watching a head coach whom the league has passed by. I hate watching an arrogant GM make critical mistake after critical mistake, and 'solve' them by patchworking things together. I hate that I can't just let myself love the Chiefs unconditionally right now, because it hurts too much. I hate that I can't invest in the team because of the emotional disappointment I'm unwilling to endure any longer.

I hate rooting for my team to lose to improve its draft prospects (which is the only way to have a positive thought about this team right now). I hate counting holes and finding it easier to find spots that are filled.

But most of all, I hate the feeling that no matter what, things aren't going to get better. King Carl will still have a role with the team, probably as GM and definitely as president if he steps down as GM. Either way, the effect is the same, and his hands will be all over things. I hate the feeling that Carl will stick with Edwards at least two years too long. I hate the arrogant attitude of the front office, which all stems from Peterson. I hate year No. 18 of a five year rebuilding plan. I hate the feeling that Clark Hunt doesn't really care.

I can stomach losing. I can handle a team being less than excellent. But what I can't abide is the complete and utter lack of faith I have in this regime.

I think I'm going to go kick some puppies now or something...

Stewie
12-28-2007, 03:06 PM

Wow! We're so persuasive that you'd agree with Blob? Were you a brown shirt in another life?

KCTitus
12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
...Someone needs to email Whitlock this thread...

Jason reads the Planet. Especially threads that contain his name....you covered that, so he'll find it soon enough.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 03:42 PM
LMAO
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/mediocrity.jpg

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I disagreed with Gretz. Then I read this thread.WTF?
:spock:

beavis
12-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Any rational organization would fire an employee that writes an article like this. Disgraceful.

Bowser
12-28-2007, 03:59 PM

You're right. 37 years and counting isn't that long between championships. We are totally jumping the gun here.

Messier
12-28-2007, 04:04 PM
You're right. 37 years and counting isn't that long between championships. We are totally jumping the gun here.

I guess that's what Gretz is saying if you're that sick of waiting and it makes you that angry, give up.

siberian khatru
12-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Have some patience; there’s something building here that if given time will provide a big payoff.

I just re-read this part, and it just floors me.

I'm sorry, after 19 years that just doesn't wash any more. Why should I believe now that Carl will get it right? This team is arguably WORSE than the one Carl inherited in 1989. So now that Carl has hit bottom, that's like saying he's starting from scratch, therefore we need to ignore the last 19 years and give him another 3-5 to get THIS right?

Unbelievable.

Simplex3
12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
LMAO
http://images.despair.com/products/demotivators/mediocrity.jpg
ROFL

Not only do I own that poster, but the laptop is sitting under it right now.

beach tribe
12-28-2007, 04:07 PM
It wouldn't be so bad, if there were actually going to be some reprecussions(sp?) for the shit job that these guys have done, but there won't. Can't wait to watch them **** the draft up for us too. Look out for that HOT 2nd rounder we got coming in.

Bwana
12-28-2007, 04:30 PM
That clown is a complete Carl Shill. I bet it takes him 20 minutes and half a roll of shop towels to get all of Carls man juice off his face when Carl gets done reading his "work."

FringeNC
12-28-2007, 04:37 PM

I'm sorry, after 19 years that just doesn't wash any more. Why should I believe now that Carl will get it right? This team is arguably WORSE than the one Carl inherited in 1989. So now that Carl has hit bottom, that's like saying he's starting from scratch, therefore we need to ignore the last 19 years and give him another 3-5 to get THIS right?

Unbelievable.

Gretz actually believes that Carl's record speaks for itself (in a good way!) and that anyone who is too stupid not to have blind faith in Carl isn't deserving of the right to call themselves a Chiefs' fan.

Let's be frank: Gretz is not a very intelligent man.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2007, 04:38 PM
That clown is a complete Carl Shill. I bet it takes him 20 minutes and half a roll of shop towels to get all of Carls man juice off his face when Carl gets done reading his "work."
ROFL ROFL

thanks, i now will have to spend the next hour trying to clean soda spew off my monitor. :spock:

Donger
12-28-2007, 04:42 PM

Unbelievable.

Are you looking at the entire body of Peterson's work? If not, one can't really be objective about his success.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Are you looking at the entire body of Peterson's work? If not, one can't really be objective about his success.LMAO This doesn't get old...

FringeNC
12-28-2007, 04:50 PM
Are you looking at the entire body of Peterson's work? If not, one can't really be objective about his success.

Gretz doesn't look at the entire body of Peterson's work, either. He's only familiar with the genitalia and anus.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-28-2007, 04:55 PM
God I'd love to see this f*cker choke to death on a chicken bone just so I could get the satisfaction of watching him die.

Skip Towne
12-28-2007, 04:59 PM
God I'd love to see this f*cker choke to death on a chicken bone just so I could get the satisfaction of watching him die.
You're classless and depraved.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-28-2007, 05:00 PM
You're classless and depraved.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Iowanian
12-28-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't want to see him die in front of you, but it would be funny to see you shit your pants while sitting on his lap....with both of you in white, thin pants.

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Gretz's email

bgretz@chiefs.nfl.com

I know all the Chiefs email for employees is first initial, last name @chiefs.nfl.com

BigRock
12-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Is it just employees?

To: kcroyle@chiefs.nfl.com
Subject: How you doin'?

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/7816/friendsjoeyvk4.jpg

Count Zarth
12-28-2007, 06:26 PM
I know all the Chiefs email for employees is first initial, last name @chiefs.nfl.com

You're mistaken. I know of at least one employee's e-mail who isn't formatted that way.

shaneo69
12-28-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm pretty sure it isn't shaneo69.

It's almost like Gretz used my name just to spite me...

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 06:58 PM
"Have some patience"?

ROFL

Hey, Bob: Go **** yourself. Seriously. I mean it. GO. F U C K. YOURSELF.

ROFL

This post is money.

Calcountry
12-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Gretz should go and write an article like that for Philly fan and see what he gets.

Does the dude ever get out of Kansas City? Perhaps that has been this franchises biggest drawback, the loyalty and faithfulness of the midwestern fan.

They don't play nice in L.A. about the Lakers or Dodgers, they expect winners, all the time.

They don't play nice in Yankee land, they expect winners all the time.

Please tell me once again Gretz, why I have been faithfully pulling for this organization since 1971, and simply would like a Super bowl appearance before I die? I am not a real fan.

Mr. Gretz, I am 43 years old, and have never seen the Chiefs in a Super Bowl.

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Gretz should go and write an article like that for Philly fan and see what he gets.

Does the dude ever get out of Kansas City? Perhaps that has been this franchises biggest drawback, the loyalty and faithfulness of the midwestern fan.

They don't play nice in L.A. about the Lakers or Dodgers, they expect winners, all the time.

Please tell me once again Gretz, why I have been faithfully pulling for this organization since 1971, and simply would like a Super bowl appearance before I die? I am not a real fan.

Get Over it-and Be patient......... :)

The Bad Guy
12-28-2007, 07:45 PM
How dare that triple-chinned cocksucker rip on the fans of this shitty ****ing team.

That fat shit wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for the fans.

I'm ****ing tired of this whole organization. What NFL team has a horrible year, and then blames the fans?

And I have news for that abortion gone wrong Gretz, there isn't going to be new fans when the team doesn't win. Fans just don't pick losers to root for when they are young.

God, I hate everything about this team. They run it like it's a privledge to be a Chiefs fan. Yes, it's a privledge to watch a team that can always ever get just one side of the ball right. THey can never have a defense with an offense, and they can never have an offense with a defense.

They are the inept ones, and the people who line their pockets are called out?

I can't wait for Gretz's half-assed apology like Herm made last week.

Herm, Gretz, Curl, Solari, Gunther, and most of all, Carl all need to ****ing drop off the face of the earth.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 07:48 PM
How dare that triple-chinned cocksucker rip on the fans of this shitty ****ing team.

I'm ****ing tired of this whole organization. What NFL team has a horrible year, and then blames the fans?

And I have news for that abortion gone wrong Gretz, there isn't going to be new fans when the team doesn't win. Fans just don't pick losers to root for when they are young.

God, I hate everything about this team. They run it like it's a privledge to be a Chiefs fan. Yes, it's a privledge to watch a team that can always ever get just one side of the ball right. THey can never have a defense with an offense, and they can never have an offense with a defense.

Herm, Gretz, Curl, Solari, Gunther, and most of all, Carl all need to ****ing drop off the face of the earth.If you ask Jettio and Patteeu, they'd tell you Carl is a GOD.

The Bad Guy
12-28-2007, 07:52 PM
If you ask Jettio and Patteeu, they'd tell you Carl is a GOD.

Well then they can ****ing drop off the face of the earth too.

Count Zarth
12-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Herm, Gretz, Curl, Solari, Gunther, and most of all, Carl all need to ****ing drop off the face of the earth.

Don't forget Huard!

The Magnificent Seven!

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 07:55 PM

This is an exceellent post. You are right-I am sure a SHitload of brand new "real fans" will flooding the Cheaps to get Season tickets after this year.

I suppose it is the fans fault that this team has Never been able to win on the road too??

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Don't forget Huard!

The Magnificent Seven!

ROFL

You need to be sending in your resume-the Chiefs need some new talent in there. Their old hacks are SOOOO freakin out of touch with reality-it is pathetic.

Count Zarth
12-28-2007, 08:02 PM
ROFL

You need to be sending in your resume-the Chiefs need some new talent in there. Their old hacks are SOOOO freakin out of touch with reality-it is pathetic.

The Chiefs wouldn't hire me in a million years.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-28-2007, 08:08 PM

Furthermore, every single team in the AFC west including the Seattle Seahawks who are now in the NFC has been there. Since those teams have been to the game, how many playoff games have the Chiefs won?

I'm sorry Mr. Gretz, should I hang my hat on the fact that the Chiefs go to the playoffs year after year? Not that that has been the case lately, but even if "competitive nature" is the basis for your argument that we are rebuilding, it is unacceptable. We haven't won a ****ing game in the postseason in 15 years.

The fact of the matter is, we were NEVER BUILT IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU CLASSLESS ****S. You failed. Have you really run out of scapegoats that you have too turn to us? Pathetic. I look forward to your departure and the cleansing of Arrowhead.

Here in the next few days I have a feeling you guys are gonna wake up and say "Oops." When you do, make sure not to let the door hit you in your fat asses on the way out.

Al Bundy
12-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Gretz is a piece of crap, I'm not a Chiefs fan but he can get the bozac for insinuating that the fanbase needs to be rebuilt.

Guru
12-28-2007, 08:41 PM
What a POS!!!! You know nothing of being a fan Gretz. Absolutely NOTHING!!!

Now go collect your paycheck from Carl you dumbass.

Guru
12-28-2007, 08:45 PM
OH, and Bob.... Why do you mention ONLY the last 18 years? Have you forgotten about the fans that suffered through the 70's and 80's. You know nothing about this fanbase.

luv
12-28-2007, 08:48 PM
What a POS!!!! You know nothing of being a fan Gretz. Absolutely NOTHING!!!

Now go collect your paycheck from Carl you dumbass.
Don't hold back, man. LET IT OUT!

ChiefsCountry
12-28-2007, 08:54 PM
You're mistaken. I know of at least one employee's e-mail who isn't formatted that way.

All the ones I know that is how it is.

the Talking Can
12-28-2007, 09:01 PM

Carl would be laughed out of most cities in a week.

He is so small time.

Guru
12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Don't hold back, man. LET IT OUT!
OH, you have no idea how much this article pisses me off. Actually, you probably do.

JohninGpt
12-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Sooooo, is Bob really your name, or is that just what you do?

greg63
12-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Gretz is a Carl mouth piece idiot.

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 09:11 PM
The Chiefs wouldn't hire me in a million years.

I was being totally serious-your stuff is Much better!

ChiefsFan4Life
12-28-2007, 09:22 PM
jwhit ... this is your opportunity to call out Gretz for the fatass motherf'er he is

Rally the troops in Kansas City ... you'll rip down Gretz and gain a bunch of new fans

Count Zarth
12-28-2007, 09:26 PM
I was being totally serious-your stuff is Much better!

Oh, there's no doubt. But I'm not pro-Chiefs enough. I'm also way too arrogant for my own good. :)

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh, there's no doubt. But I'm not pro-Chiefs enough. I'm also way too arrogant for my own good. :)

Oh you are being too tough on yourself- its pretty hard to be Pro Chiefs right now. Their writers must have to do an 8 ball of Heroin to write the happy sappy dribble they have been puking out.

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
jwhit ... this is your opportunity to call out Gretz for the fatass motherf'er he is

Rally the troops in Kansas City ... you'll rip down Gretz and gain a bunch of new fans

Pretty sad when Rib Crib is the best writer in town. :shake:

JohninGpt
12-28-2007, 09:31 PM
I agree. You may have a future writing, but I can't see you as the "company mouthpiece". You may be a tad opinionated for that.

Guru
12-28-2007, 10:04 PM
maybe we should just turn Bannister into a giant parking lot, so the fans can tailgate without have to pay to have the fans replaced.
If only we didn't have to worry about getting mugged and a$$raped.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Maybe he didn't mean we need re-built, maybe we just need reprogramming...

Guru
12-28-2007, 10:09 PM
And will be here long, long after they are long gone from the Chiefs.

When is the last time Carl OR Gretz sat in the top deck on the shadow side for a below zero game, screaming themselves horse for their team to destroy Jarious Jackson?

I've sat through rain, freezing temps, snow.....for losing teams and winning teams. Ironically.....through at least 5 head coaches, staffs and reporters whose names I can no longer recall because they've been gone so long. I've cheered backup QBs who left KC because of the same F.O and went to a Chief fans worst enemy....Oakland and took THEM to a superbowl.

Suffering 1 year my aching ass.

Gretz should be duct taped and put in the bottom of an Arrowhead Porta-Potty with a sign outside annoucing to the crowd what he has said.

I'm hoping that happens on "Bad nacho sunday".

ROFL

Damn I would so love to get Gretz and Iowanian together in a room and watch the carnage.

Guru
12-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Gretz, you make me want to throw up. How you can even write this shit is beyond me. I have had season tickets going into my 19th season. I have given a lot to the chiefs. I have been a fan since I was a small boy. I would sit with my mom and dad and watch the chiefs every sunday. My mom would cheer loudly, magically predict plays before they would happen, and would cuss out John Madden and the stinking faiders.

All that is gone.

It isn't about one bad season. It is about an arrogance and condescension that is spewed at the fans of this organization. We can see the product on the field. It is atrocious. We lack quality players. We lack quality coaches. We lack a quality front office. We lack quality journalists covering this team (Gretz/Daweswhoeverthe****hemightbe). And they want us to just get over it. **** them all. The whole organization needs an enema.

**** them if they don't want to hear us bitch. **** them if we don't show up to games. It pisses me off to no end that I will not renew my tickets after having them for so long. The only way that changes is if there are meaningful changes when the season ends Sunday. It had better be swift, it had better be thorough. Anything else it's goodbye.

I will be following up on this one pal.
:)

Terribilis
12-28-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.all-synthetics.com/antifreeze/amsoil_antifreeze.jpg

KCFalcon59
12-28-2007, 10:30 PM
I will be following up on this one pal.
:)

I don't think I have ever been as mad about the chiefs as I was today after reading that bullshit from Gretz. That MF couldn't buy a clue to why the fanbase is upset. He is sitting on a gravy train collecting checks and free buffets. **** that stupid worthless cocksucking mother****er.

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I don't think I have ever been as mad about the chiefs as I was today after reading that bullshit from Gretz. That MF couldn't buy a clue to why the fanbase is upset. He is sitting on a gravy train collecting checks and free buffets. **** that stupid worthless cocksucking mother****er.

Yep, I have stood in floods and snowstorms-screaming til......

oh I think this was covered already.

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 10:36 PM
I will be screaming for the Jets this weekend-I hope we get smoked 56-0

Guru
12-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Damn, you sound like my brother in law about 17 years ago. EEEERRYYY

KCFalcon59
12-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Damn, you sound like my brother in law about 17 years ago. EEEERRYYY

I tried to tone it down a little.

The Bad Guy
12-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I will be screaming for the Jets this weekend-I hope we get smoked 56-0

It will be the fans fault because they didn't make the trip to NY.

I really hope that fat pig kicks the bucket from sleep apnea.

MadMax
12-28-2007, 11:13 PM
ROFL

Damn I would so love to get Gretz and Iowanian together in a room and watch the carnage.

Ever seen a man gutted like a deer? :#

KC Tattoo
12-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Wow, unf^cking believable. Bob Gretz you are one dumb sob. How f^cking dare you to blame the Chiefs FANS. Fans are upset and rightfully so. We were lied to from the beginning about it going to be a rebuilding year and then not start the young guys and then once the team sucked ass it became a rebuilding year.

Fans love this team but it hurts us to watch this team get destroyed by our biggest rival 41 -7. IT HURTS US. What fan would want to go to a game and see their team that they love lose game after game and not just get beat but lose badly becouse of inept coaching and bonehead playcalling.

We Chiefs fans love this team that is why the fan base is so strong but it litterly kills us to watch this team melt down without a real plan for it to get turned around. If the organization was honest from the beginning about being a rebuilding year and played the young guys fans can accept that. That is not the case. They lied to us and started the OLD banged up fetal position QB. They started broke back Turley. How was that getting younger? We can accept an honest attempt at rebuilding, but this front office starting with Carl F^ck face Peterson is not willing to do so.

The fans that love this team and the season ticket holders but chose not to go, it's called tuff love. The fan base is reaching out and dishing out tuff love for the team for the front office to get a clue. Carl ****erson can kiss my arse and Bob Gretz you can suck Dick Curls.

BigRedChief
12-28-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm currently paying $3K a year for 3 season tickets. Since I've got off the waiting list I've spent $26K on tickets to see my team. I'm a Jackson County taxpayer paying my share of the $300 million or so for renovations. I stay till the end of the game. I'm tailgating when they open up the lots. I've missed 3 games(including pre-season) in the last 10 years before this season. I went to the last game without a bag on my head and didn't boo the team. Does that make me a "True", "Real" or "Better" fan than the the Chief fan in Wyoming going to a bar to catch the game, of course not.

But it does mean I have a pretty good chunk of my families financial funds tied to the enjoyment of watching the NFL live. And that is something more than an emotional tie to the team. Doesn't mean I'm a better fan. Thats a stupid argument. Just because you go to the games doesn't make you a "real" fan despite what King Carl says.Just a fact. When your money in involved in something it matters more to you than when its not your money involved. Basic human instinct stuff.

No one fan is better than another fan. It's a stupid conversation.
As far as bandwagoneers.....thats a stupid conversation on here at this moment in time in Chiefs history. Anybody posting on here right now is a "Real" Chief fan.

If you pay your money and you want to stay at home, boo your team or leave early you have a right to do that but you also open yourself up to others calling you less than a "Real" fan. Not saying thats right either. Just a fact that happens.

One last thing about this realllly stupid rebuilding of the fan base. Just where are these new fans coming from? The ones who wouldn't even go with free tickets to the last game? So we get this turned around and are good again. We get new season ticket holders that will drop when things go south again. A fan base is just that, a base. You lose your base you have nothing to build on.

Count Zarth
12-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Always feel free to provide your reaction to any of my words by e-mailing the site. They’ll get it in my hands.

This, by the way, is garbage.

Agent V
12-28-2007, 11:43 PM
This, by the way, is garbage.
I figured as much. We should flood the thing anyway.

InChiefsHell
12-28-2007, 11:43 PM
All I know is, I did not see this coming and it makes me so mad I could puke. the more I think about it, the more it infuriates me. This article proves how absolutely clueless the organization really is. i mean, we've all felt they were clueless, but this absolutely proves it. If Clark doesn't make some big sweeping changes this off season, then he is clueless as well and will make a horrible owner, crapping on his father's legacy in the league...

I'm seriously praying that this is the worst of it...I don't think I can take any more. even my friends who are anti-Chiefs aren't having as much fun kicking me around...it's just not right what is happening to this fuggin' team. Some drastic changes need to be made yesterday...fuggin' Carl better be "evaluating" himself out of a fuggin' GM position...

this sucks...

KC Tattoo
12-29-2007, 12:55 AM
What kills me is that for several years now we knew, the pundents knew, the staff knew, the Cheerleaders knew that the O-line was getting older and was going to need some fresh young studs in their to replace Shields & Roaf. Everybody knew that the O-line was going to decay and what did Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards do? KYLE TURLEY, John Welbourne is major disapointment, no sollid dept at any position, the young guys didn't play untill now late in the season. We weren't rebuilding from the get go. We are paying for what could have been prevented two three years ago by being prepared for the future. The O-line has been ignored and utterly neglected by Carl Prickerson and his staff.

nomad
12-29-2007, 01:06 AM
If this team had ever amounted to anything when it did make the playoffs, I suspect the fans would be more understanding.

The fact that it has failed over and over again, on top of so many poor personel and coaching hiring decisions, has left us feeling a bit frustrated.

The fans should be congratulated for their patience, and management ashamed for their consistent failures.

Anyone making a living taking shots at the fans should look for a new job, along with this management team.

Guru
12-29-2007, 01:09 AM
They keep talking about how Carl righted the ship.

Marty did that. Carl has proven that he does not have a clue ever since Marty stepped down.

KC Tattoo
12-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Sorry I do not go to all of the Chiefs games, I am lucky to go to one a year if I am lucky. However when I go I yell when on defense and I cherish the time at the game. This year I went to the Jags game and yelled for the Defense well into the fourth quarter untill I was getting stared at cus I was the only one yelling. People were saying what's the point. It was difficult becouse we got our asses kicked for the whole game. Of course Brodie came in and score a td with .03 sec left and that made it worth it for me. Still what has the team or franchise done this year or years past to deserve such loyal fan base to come to the games and yell and cheer for the team that is going nowhere?

I'll always love this team unconditionally thus the :arrow: Tattoo. I do not like the fact that we have not won a playoff game since 1993 let alone the Super Bowl 1969. I figure I will be a Chiefs fan long after Carl Peterson is gone and untill I die. I just want a Super Bowl before I die and KNOW that Carl Peterson is not going to get the job done, he had 18 years and about 8 years too long. He has overstade his welcome and should get fired or reZign.

MahiMike
12-29-2007, 06:17 AM
To quote Herem, Gretz needs to "Get over it."!

Count Zarth
12-29-2007, 06:48 AM
Q: What makes the Kansas City fans unique from all the others you’ve known during your career?

GRETZ: Patience. Carl Peterson and Marty Schottenheimer returned the Chiefs to a winning franchise and flirted with the idea of going to the Super Bowl. When that didn’t get done, there was every reason for Chiefs fans to walk away in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002. That five-year span out of the playoffs could have led to an end to the Arrowhead sell-out streak. In all those years, they saw competitive football and the Chiefs did not fall to the dregs of the NFL like many other teams have after a period of success. The Chiefs keep working towards a Super Bowl and their fans haven’t given up hope yet.

- Bob Gretz, January 19, 2004

memyselfI
12-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Wow, Gretz, King Carl, Dufus Rawes had NO PROBLEMS with the fans when they were celebrating mediocrity. But now that even that enjoyment is gone and this team is just bad from top to bottom, those same fans are the problem?

Are they also the solution? Meaning, if they changed their mind and really began to appreciate poor performance then this bad team will once again achieve glorious mediocrity status???? It's up to the fans to change their perspective because the organization and what goes on on the field is merely a reflection of what is going on in the seats???

In other words, it's all your fault the Chiefs suck.

:hmmm: :spock:

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2007, 07:48 AM
reading the collective attitude of KCChiefs.com "columnists", I'm in awe because of the gall of these F*CKERS for turning on the fans. Really, just think how truly F*CKED that is.

:shake:

charlyfreak
12-29-2007, 07:56 AM
I've had patience since 1970. Screw off Gretz.

not sure why you guys are taking the article this way-

my take is that gretz is saying that the chiefs need to get better to get the fans back-

the fans have every right to be pissed- but it is clear the play of the chiefs needs to improve,in order to get back the dominant fan base-

it is clear even on tv that the stadium is emptying out before games are over-

it is clear the stadium isn't as loud as it was-

but i think it is obvious,that the chiefs are aware and trying to build a better team-

until this happens the fans won't be as crazy as they were-

again- i don't see this article as a knock on the fans-

i think some of you are a bit sensitive-

Iowanian
12-29-2007, 08:17 AM
I woke up this morning, still angry about Gretz's comments.

I wish someone would pull the foreskin back over his head, and gorilla glue the balloon knot shut.

headsnap
12-29-2007, 08:25 AM

my take is that gretz is saying that the chiefs need to get better to get the fans back-

the fans have every right to be pissed- but it is clear the play of the chiefs needs to improve,in order to get back the dominant fan base-

but i think it is obvious,that the chiefs are aware and trying to build a better team-

no other way to see it other than old long time fans need to rethink and move on, and the team needs a new fresh crop of fans.

pathetic... :shake:

kstater
12-29-2007, 08:27 AM
I borrowed a few comments from this thread to send off a couple spectacular e-mails. I couldn't have said it better than Iowanian, Bowser and duncan-Idaho, among others.

tomahawk kid
12-29-2007, 08:53 AM

I don't totally disagree with your statement, but Gretz's choice of words are BEYOND poor.

No organization in sports (in the same position as the Chiefs)would advocate LOSING fans. Would the Royals do something like this? Absolutely not.

I've said for years that Gretz's and the God forsaken Rufus Dawes' articles are a black eye for the organization and make it look petty and childish.

Someone needs to send this to a national media outlet. The subsequent national attention and embarassment would get Clark's attention and might actually put and end to this childish bullshit.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 08:57 AM
At best, its a horrible choice of words.

tomahawk kid
12-29-2007, 09:09 AM
At best, its a horrible choice of words.

Yep.

I'll tell you this - this continual arrogant drivel coming out of the organization, coupled with the price gouging on a year over year basis, couple with the success of the Missouri Tigers has me thinking about changing my mental and financial focus on college football.

MU Season tickets are significantly cheaper (provided you don't contribute to the TSF), they seem to actually appreciate their fan base and they have a built in regional rival (also ascending) in Kansas.

I've been a fan of this organization for 17 years. I used to drive 2-4 hours one way to the game. I've made commitments with my pocket book and my time. I've even (gulp) defended King Carl over the years.

But some of this crap is getting to be more than I can handle.

I don't mind sitting through a re-building process - I really don't. I WOULD like some sign of appreciation of the money and time spent. It doesn't have to be anything big. The banishment of the holier than thou attitide coming out of the FO would be enough.

crazycoffey
12-29-2007, 09:09 AM
WOW! I mean, just wow! I'm coming in late to this reaction thread, but echo many thoughts, had to be a bad choice of words, no way he really meant it the way it read. Blame the editor too, for not catching it.

What and idiot....

Unfortunately, JWhit[less] will have to do one hell of a rip job to earn this guy as a new fan. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does rip Bob[&kneel] but good, it's just that won't be enough counter weight to the dicksuckery dribble he's been putting out all year.

tomahawk kid
12-29-2007, 09:11 AM
WOW! I mean, just wow! I'm coming in late to this reaction thread, but echo many thoughts, had to be a bad choice of words, no way he really meant it the way it read. Blame the editor too, for not catching it.

What and idiot....

Unfortunately, JWhit[less] will have to do one hell of a rip job to earn this guy as a new fan. Don't get me wrong, I hope he does rip Bob[&kneel] but good, it's just that won't be enough counter weight to the dicksuckery dribble he's been putting out all year.

Whitlock has the national media exposure to make this a story.

Love him or hate him, the guy appears on national media outlets regularly - and could at least pass this along.

Agent V
12-29-2007, 09:17 AM
They keep talking about how Carl righted the ship.

Marty did that. Carl has proven that he does not have a clue ever since Marty stepped down.
Exactly what I've been saying. Marty turned the team around in the 90s, not Carl. Carl has proven only the best coaches in the NFL can help him turn the Chiefs into competitors.

Marty arrives in the 90s, the team is turned around and makes the playoffs nearly every year until 1998. Gunther is promoted and the team goes to sh*t. Dick Vermeil (who is known for turning teams around) leads KC to a 13-3 record (and a 10-6 record, I guess) and the Chiefs are interesting again.

Herman Edwards is hired........

crazycoffey
12-29-2007, 09:18 AM
Whitlock has the national media exposure to make this a story.

Love him or hate him, the guy appears on national media outlets regularly - and could at least pass this along.

oh - I understand that, and I agree with your statement, it just that JWhit[less] is definetly in my "hate" column, and I want him to pass it along and rip Gretz good, but it probably won't change my opinion of him, that's all....

FringeNC
12-29-2007, 09:41 AM
What needs to be rebuilt is not the fan base, not even the team, but the front office. In today's NFL, New England and a few other well-managed teams will be on top EVERY year. Free-agency and salary caps have put a premium on great GMs and great coaches. The era of just sucking for a long time, and accumulating draft picks, and thinking your time will eventually come are over. With this regime in place sucking now will not lead to playoff wins later.

Carl and the rest of the front office has shown they have zero skills managing a team / salary cap in this era, and Herm is certainly not a great coach.

So a big FU to Gretz for suggesting fans be patient into the third decade with Carl in charge. We know that Carl *can't* get it done.

tomahawk kid
12-29-2007, 10:06 AM
oh - I understand that, and I agree with your statement, it just that JWhit[less] is definetly in my "hate" column, and I want him to pass it along and rip Gretz good, but it probably won't change my opinion of him, that's all....

Understood.

siberian khatru
12-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Q: What makes the Kansas City fans unique from all the others you’ve known during your career?

GRETZ: Patience. Carl Peterson and Marty Schottenheimer returned the Chiefs to a winning franchise and flirted with the idea of going to the Super Bowl. When that didn’t get done, there was every reason for Chiefs fans to walk away in 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002. That five-year span out of the playoffs could have led to an end to the Arrowhead sell-out streak. In all those years, they saw competitive football and the Chiefs did not fall to the dregs of the NFL like many other teams have after a period of success. The Chiefs keep working towards a Super Bowl and their fans haven’t given up hope yet.

- Bob Gretz, January 19, 2004

Great find.

Gretz should re-read himself and realize that the patience finally wore off. He wrote that right after the playoff loss to the Colts and the GRob fiasco -- the latest 13-3 implosion -- and I think that's when a lot of fans just stopped believing in the franchise. That was Carl's last, best chance -- home field, with his life partner DV coaching, high-flying offense ... and the Chiefs still couldn't get it done. There's no reason to believe Carl will get it done in 2-3 years if he hasn't done it in 19.

TerrapinJet
12-29-2007, 10:11 AM
f the chiefs.....go terps. and jets

siberian khatru
12-29-2007, 10:12 AM

Legit points -- but one reason people are taking this piece so harshly is because the Chiefs mouthpieces for the last month have been criticizing fans for "overreacting" to the 4-11 season, for not being patient, for not appreciating all that the Chiefs have "accomplished" the last 19 years ... this is just part of a trend. I don't think it's unfair to read the worst into Gretz's words.

siberian khatru
12-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I'll tell you this - this continual arrogant drivel coming out of the organization, coupled with the price gouging on a year over year basis, couple with the success of the Missouri Tigers has me thinking about changing my mental and financial focus on college football.

MU Season tickets are significantly cheaper (provided you don't contribute to the TSF), they seem to actually appreciate their fan base and they have a built in regional rival (also ascending) in Kansas.

I'm with you on this. I've said before that the Hunts had better be careful -- there's a perfect storm brewing where if the Chiefs toil several more years in mediocrity (or worse, like this year), and MU and KU maintain strong programs, that a lot of the Chiefs' fanbase is going to leave for the college games. MU and KU fans were very fortunate this year to have such exciting seasons while the Chiefs were sucking -- I can't tell you how much fun I had, as a Tiger.

The fact that KU was right there the whole time, acting as the Broncos to MU's Chiefs (and I'm sure it was the reverse for Beakers) made it an almost NFL-like experience.

It's been years since I felt that way with the Chiefs. It was very refreshing. It reminded me of what I missed about the Chiefs -- what they can't deliver anymore. I'm sure I'm not the only one who felt that way.

SPchief
12-29-2007, 10:37 AM

Wow, are we really going to get Jets trolls this weekend?

Bowser
12-29-2007, 10:48 AM

LMAO

banyon
12-29-2007, 10:51 AM
This crap is shameful. If he doesn't get sh**canned over this then I guess that might tell us Clark doesn't give a crap either and will let Carl continue the mediocrity in perpetuity.

DJJasonp
12-29-2007, 11:26 AM
This crap from gretz and company has been pissing me off for several months now.....and it got me thinking about how this organizations PR department must be a group of mental midgets.

The fact that Gretz and "rufus" continuously get to take a dump on chiefs fans' chests is an anomaly among NFL franchises.....so it got me investigating...

I checked out 12 or so NFL teams' official websites. Within each of those sites....I saw no signs of any "rufus" anywhere. Some sites employed Gretz-like editorialists....but none were defenders of the king or defensive pieces of shite like Gretz is. And you'll be damn sure, I found no articles calling out it's own fanbase.

Watching Hard Knocks...reading the crap from rufus and Gretz.... it really makes you wonder what experience some (if not all) in the chiefs organization possess in regards to professionally running a business. In particular, I mean media relations, public relations, professional writers, etc.

Hell, even the chiefs official website stinks compared to most other teams (although they have improved a bit from last year).

I truly feel Carl has surrounded himself with yes-men and individuals who have been promoted past their level of competence...and therefore, no one is going to upset the apple cart by questioning any of carl's moves.

A pivotal point in this organization came when Marty left.....at that point, Carl took the opportunity to hire yes-men....who the hell cares if they're good at what they do?

I havent even mentioned Carl's whole "I evaluate myself at the end of each year....." BS.

Really? REALLY? If I was Clark Hunt....I would have fired him on the spot after that idiotic remark. Carl...it's not "to Herm...to God...to Carl"....you do answer to someone....the freakin' owner...and you SHOULD answer to the fans as well.

What this organization has become is downright shameful. We've become this defensive grade school kid who, when pointed out for being sub-par, cries defensively about how it's everyone else's fault.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Carl...it's not "to Herm...to God...to Carl"....you do answer to someone....the freakin' owner...and you SHOULD answer to the fans as well.
should is the key word, jason.

i think Carl is so disrespectful of the fan base because he feels that he's untouchable. At the end of the year the Hunts look at the profit margin and say "good job, Carl"

Since the current NFL financial setup makes it virtually impossible for any team to ever lose money ...... Carl is set and he knows it. That smug little bastard has it made as long as he keeps hitting the cash register every year.

Carl only has to worry about 2 things

1. making money
2. not embarrassing the Hunt name nationally (monday night meltdown)

as long as the Chiefs are competitive and nothing embarrassing catches the eye of the national media, Carl is golden.

unless Clark is significantly different from Lamar, the only thing that will get Carl fired is an "embarrassingly" empty Arrowhead.

beach tribe
12-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Great find.

Gretz should re-read himself and realize that the patience finally wore off. He wrote that right after the playoff loss to the Colts and the GRob fiasco -- the latest 13-3 implosion -- and I think that's when a lot of fans just stopped believing in the franchise. That was Carl's last, best chance -- home field, with his life partner DV coaching, high-flying offense ... and the Chiefs still couldn't get it done. There's no reason to believe Carl will get it done in 2-3 years if he hasn't done it in 19.
Exactly how I feel.
I always had hope before that the people in charge of my beloved franchise would bring them to the promosed land, and as pethetic as it sounds, hope meant a lot.
Not only is hope not enough anymore, but I have absolutely no hope that these assholes can get us there.
DV was Carl's last hope.
Herm is Carl's coffin nail.

Thig Lyfe
12-29-2007, 12:23 PM
My little cousin forwarded this to me; says it's what he sent to Gretz in reply.

---

Re: Gretz on "rebuilding the fanbase"

I'm 18 years old, which means Carl Peterson has been GM of the Chiefs my entire life. And for as long as I can remember, I've been a Chiefs fan. I didn't inherit it, either; my parents had just moved to KC from Wisconsin when I was born.

So it's probably not a good omen when a first-generation Chiefs fan's earliest game he can solidly remember is the 1995 playoff game in which Lin Elliot missed three field goals. I was as depressed as a six-year-old can be.

This became the nature of my fanhood. Anticipation followed by disappointment is all I know. Two years later, when even I, a 3rd grader, knew Gannon was better than Grbac, the Chiefs lost again in the playoffs, this time to the Broncos. It was a game so frustrating that I took off my Chiefs shirt and stomped on it. My dog never ran away or got hit by a truck, so this was the closest to a traumatic childhood experience I had.

The Chiefs wallowed in mediocrity post-Marty until the third year of Dick Vermeil's tenure, when I was a freshman in high school. The Chiefs started the season 9-0 and I was excited. It seemed like my lifelong dedication was about to pay off. But starting with the Bengals game where they experienced their first loss, the cracks began to show, and the season ended in yet another one-and-out playoff loss, one in which nary a punt was forced. Pitiful.

This past season was the next time they made the playoffs, and I was on the way out of high school. It was nice to see the Chiefs luck into the playoffs. I was able to watch the playoff game free from the chains of expectation: if they won, great, but if they lost, hey, they weren't supposed to be there anyway. But what I ended up watching was absolutely embarrassing. The Colts (AGAIN) gained three times as many yards and converted four times as many first downs. It was worse than anything I could have possibly conceived.

So excuse me, Mr. Gretz, if I'm a little skeptical of the Chiefs organization by now. I've never been able to afford season tickets (which by your standards probably disqualify me as a "true fan" from the start) but I've watched, bought merchandise and ruined family vacations that interfered with games my entire life. And for as long as I can remember, the Chiefs have been able to, on those rare occasions where they actually make the playoffs, play extremely poorly. It's the way my life has been. I'm a freshman in college and I'm almost as old as Carl's Five Year Plan.

I could have jumped ship like plenty of kids do. I could have become a Rams fan or a Patriots fan. But I didn't. I stuck with the Chiefs through it all. And for the entirety of my existence, Carl and the Chiefs have failed to return the favor by delivering a successful product.

Guys like Shane are not fans. They're droids, programmed by Carl, Master of the Universe to believe that 14 years without a playoff win is acceptable, that Herm is the right coach, that this year's 4-win team is worth the ticket prices. Real fans are people that want to see RESULTS from their team, but have not since 1970. My mother was not quite five years old when the Chiefs last won the Lombardi trophy. That's unacceptable.

You and your buddy Shane and people of his ilk can have all the fun you want in your little fantasyland, placing blind faith in an administration that has proven time and again that they don't have what it takes to build a winning franchise. But us real fans are going to be discovering that there are plenty of other things Sunday afternoons are good for other than watching a bumbling paragon of incompetence take the field.

We've been patient for long enough, Mr. Gretz. And until this organization makes an effort to retain fans via some method other than your propaganda, our patience has run out.

Either Carl goes, or we go.

Patiently,

Alex

OnTheWarpath58
12-29-2007, 12:30 PM
My little cousin forwarded this to me; says it's what he sent to Gretz in reply.

---

I'm 18 years old, which means Carl Peterson has been GM of the Chiefs my entire life. And for as long as I can remember, I've been a Chiefs fan. I didn't inherit it, either; my parents had just moved to KC from Wisconsin when I was born.

So it's probably not a good omen when a first-generation Chiefs fan's earliest game he can solidly remember is the 1995 playoff game in which Lin Elliot missed three field goals. I was as depressed as a six-year-old can be.

This became the nature of my fanhood. Anticipation followed by disappointment is all I know. Two years later, when even I, a 3rd grader, knew Gannon was better than Grbac, the Chiefs lost again in the playoffs, this time to the Broncos. It was a game so frustrating that I took off my Chiefs shirt and stomped on it. My dog never ran away or got hit by a truck, so this was the closest to a traumatic childhood experience I had.

The Chiefs wallowed in mediocrity post-Marty until the third year of Dick Vermeil's tenure, when I was a freshman in high school. The Chiefs started the season 9-0 and I was excited. It seemed like my lifelong dedication was about to pay off. But starting with the Bengals game where they experienced their first loss, the cracks began to show, and the season ended in yet another one-and-out playoff loss, one in which nary a punt was forced. Pitiful.

This past season was the next time they made the playoffs, and I was on the way out of high school. It was nice to see the Chiefs luck into the playoffs. I was able to watch the playoff game free from the chains of expectation: if they won, great, but if they lost, hey, they weren't supposed to be there anyway. But what I ended up watching was absolutely embarrassing. The Colts (AGAIN) gained three times as many yards and converted four times as many first downs. It was worse than anything I could have possibly conceived.

So excuse me, Mr. Gretz, if I'm a little skeptical of the Chiefs organization by now. I've never been able to afford season tickets (which by your standards probably disqualify me as a "true fan" from the start) but I've watched, bought merchandise and ruined family vacations that interfered with games my entire life. And for as long as I can remember, the Chiefs have been able to, on those rare occasions where they actually make the playoffs, play extremely poorly. It's the way my life has been. I'm a freshman in college and I'm almost as old as Carl's Five Year Plan.

I could have jumped ship like plenty of kids do. I could have become a Rams fan or a Patriots fan. But I didn't. I stuck with the Chiefs through it all. And for the entirety of my existence, Carl and the Chiefs have failed to return the favor by delivering a successful product.

Guys like Shane are not fans. They're droids, programmed by Carl, Master of the Universe to believe that 14 years without a playoff win is acceptable, that Herm is the right coach, that this year's 4-win team is worth the ticket prices. Real fans are people that want to see RESULTS from their team, but have not since 1970. My mother was not quite five years old when the Chiefs last won the Lombardi trophy. That's unacceptable.

You and your buddy Shane and people of his ilk can have all the fun you want in your little fantasyland, placing blind faith in an administration that has proven time and again that they don't have what it takes to build a winning franchise. But us real fans are going to be discovering that there are plenty of other things Sunday afternoons are good for other than watching a bumbling paragon of incompetence take the field.

We've been patient for long enough, Mr. Gretz. And until this organization makes an effort to retain fans via some method other than your propaganda, our patience has run out.

Patiently,

Alex

Wow.

I'd buy Alex a beer, if he weren't underage.

Great letter. Too bad the fat **** won't read it.

beach tribe
12-29-2007, 12:35 PM

---

Patiently,

Alex
I feel you Alex. Painfully familiar. I'm older than Him, but the story is the same.

siberian khatru
12-29-2007, 12:39 PM

---

Patiently,

Alex

That's outstanding. Very well done for anyone, let alone an 18-year-old.

I have one tiny quibble, something that Gretz/Carl might zero in on to invalidate the whole thing: Alex writes that Carl and Co. "has proven time and again that they don't have what it takes to build a winning franchise." The admin would argue that they have indeed built a winning franchise over the last 19 years -- they're above .500, they were like the 2nd-winningest (regular season) franchise in the 90s or something like that. Carl keeps trotting that out, and it's his whole philosophy -- build 9-10 win teams, "winning" teams, to keep the fans interested.

I would change it to "they don't have what it takes to build a CHAMPIONSHIP franchise." Because that's the bottom line, and Carl absolutely can't defend his record on that front.

Thig Lyfe
12-29-2007, 12:53 PM
I would change it to "they don't have what it takes to build a CHAMPIONSHIP franchise." Because that's the bottom line, and Carl absolutely can't defend his record on that front.

Good point. I sent that to him and he was pretty quick back with a clarification, which he says he already sent:

Clarification on my last letter:

"You and your buddy Shane and people of his ilk can have all the fun you want in your little fantasyland, placing blind faith in an administration that has proven time and again that they don't have what it takes to build a winning franchise."

By "winning franchise", I mean championship-winning, not just-enough-games-to-keep-asses-in-the-seats-winning.

Thanks.

RedThat
12-29-2007, 01:13 PM
should is the key word, jason.

i think Carl is so disrespectful of the fan base because he feels that he's untouchable. At the end of the year the Hunts look at the profit margin and say "good job, Carl"

Since the current NFL financial setup makes it virtually impossible for any team to ever lose money ...... Carl is set and he knows it. That smug little bastard has it made as long as he keeps hitting the cash register every year.

Carl only has to worry about 2 things

1. making money
2. not embarrassing the Hunt name nationally (monday night meltdown)

as long as the Chiefs are competitive and nothing embarrassing catches the eye of the national media, Carl is golden.

unless Clark is significantly different from Lamar, the only thing that will get Carl fired is an "embarrassingly" empty Arrowhead.

And that is the sucky part of it all. No matter what, there could be empty seats for years at Arrowhead, but the Chiefs won't lose money due to television contracts and league revenue sharing. So they'll make money regardless of Carl's performance?

Carl can be here till he retires. And if he retires. I don't buy it when he said he would consider "resigning"....he's been here for 20 years, if he didn't do it before, he won't do it now. This is just the way it is, they got us by sack..And they know it.

And I seriously doubt Clark is different from Lamar. He hasn't shown me much to prove that he wants this team to win a championship. I just think it's too bad. Chiefs fans are caring, they're passionate about football, and loyal. And all that is being taken for granted. It would be nice to see "ownerships" personality and the "fans" personality on the same page.

In order for the Chiefs to start losing money, and fanbase, I think it would take YEARS and years of really empty seats and a lot of stinking seasons.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2007, 01:27 PM

very nice :clap:

Mr. Laz
12-29-2007, 01:32 PM
In order for the Chiefs to start losing money, and fanbase, I think it would take YEARS and years of really empty seats and a lot of stinking seasons.

i think carl might get fired if all the games starting getting blacked out all over. The Chiefs wouldn't lose money but it would start to become embarrassing for the Hunt family.

stevieray
12-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Now that we’ve had a season where the team has struggled to win, a lot of those fans are questioning their commitment.

There’s one thing I know for sure: if those folks who buy tickets find the whole thing has become a less than satisfying experience, they will not pay for seats. .

First off, I think it's pretty weak to hide behind shanes comment if, in reality he felt something needed to be said to all the clamour of pitch forks..plus he pimped shane to set the tone of being condescending..

Secondly, this season isn't the first that team has struggled to win, but his assertion that many are questioning their commitment is spot on, regardless that it existed well before this season.

Third, he's right about people not paying if they aren't satisfied.....we've seen STH say no more..and it will continue to rise if Carl and Herm are retained, and you knoooooooow they will be.

The fan base will need to be rebuilt...cause and effect.

The Chiefs iminent "doom" has come home to roost. Have no doubt. We are at a crossroads in many ways...

Easy 6
12-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Gretzy has really & truly stepped on his dick with this jab at the fans.

I'd be surprised if he's around next year, very poor form.

JohninGpt
12-29-2007, 04:51 PM
The fan base: "Maybe Bob Gretz needs to be rebuilt"

Of course, that would have to begin with disassembly. We should have no problem getting volunteers for that though.