PDA

View Full Version : Gift Card returns?

Sure-Oz
12-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Anyone know if you can return a best buy giftcard and get credit back on your debit card? I ended up buying a gift card for my gf's dad for xmas cause she told me to get one, and then she ended up buying him something after i got it. :banghead:

I am curious if they will do that if i have the original reciept showing i purchased it?

If not im screwed and will have to buy $50 worth of stuff eventually, just sucks i could use the money back in my account. Ive never had to attempt to return a gift card before.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't see why not. Its a store purchase. You have the reciept.

blueballs
12-28-2007, 10:47 AM
Give the giftcard to her
I smell blowjob

Phobia
12-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Shouldn't be a problem. But you never know with Worst Buy.

Fly O.T. McWall
12-28-2007, 10:49 AM
you could try ebay. i know there is another website out there that basically makes it so you can exchange a store gift card for a visa/mastercard pre-paid card... then you can use the visa as you would any cc, or even pay a bill with it.

try www.leveragecard.com.

Fly O.T. McWall
12-28-2007, 10:50 AM
also, if you throw a fit to management, they can do an override and cash it out... but often times you'll have to go up the chain of command and throw a royal fit in front of customers.

they don't like to do it, so good luck.

StcChief
12-28-2007, 10:54 AM
save it for a birthday present?

leviw
12-28-2007, 10:54 AM
As long as you have the receipt, you should be able to.

Demonpenz
12-28-2007, 10:56 AM
reading on the back of my giftcard they will take it back but will charge a 15% convienence fee

Sure-Oz
12-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the info guys, i'll try it out. I shop there quite a bit so im hoping it isnt a problem. I know the manager there has helped me with issues before, so i may ask for her.

Sure-Oz
12-28-2007, 10:58 AM
reading on the back of my giftcard they will take it back but will charge a 15% convienence fee
yeah ill see if they will waive that shit, if not i may as well try another option or hang on to it...

Frankie
12-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Give the giftcard to her
I smell blowjob
The fact that you know what a BJ smells like worries me about you.
:p

Bwana
12-28-2007, 11:22 AM
It shouldn't be a problem.

Phobia
12-28-2007, 11:32 AM
If you already shop there a lot, you could afford to hang onto that card for up to a year rather than pay a 15% theft charge. I'd just keep it and use it next time you find a CD or game you want.

Sure-Oz
12-28-2007, 11:47 AM
If you already shop there a lot, you could afford to hang onto that card for up to a year rather than pay a 15% theft charge. I'd just keep it and use it next time you find a CD or game you want.
Yeah, if they say that is the case i will just hang onto it and wait for a deal or something to come along where i could use it. Money is just tight esp after xmas, kinda sucks but i'll deal.

jjchieffan
12-28-2007, 12:32 PM

Easy way around that. Buy something with the card. Then walk right up to the counter with your receipt and get a refund. Should be hassle free.

cosmo20002
12-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Easy way around that. Buy something with the card. Then walk right up to the counter with your receipt and get a refund. Should be hassle free.

And your refund will be in the form of a store credit. You pay with a store credit (which is what a gift card is), you get store credit back.

This might be a little 'out there' as far as a suggestion, but rather than asking people on a Chiefs board, I would take a shot at calling the store and asking them if you can return a gift card.

Demonpenz
12-28-2007, 01:24 PM
also from the back of the gift card

"best buy will not be accepting calls after christmas, please 1-800-Best-BUYY' Please note a 10 % service charge will be charged at the time of quuestioning

Guru
12-29-2007, 04:41 AM
First time I have heard it called that. It is sooooo true.

Fly O.T. McWall
12-29-2007, 11:00 AM
i'm tellin' ya. as a person whose worked in retail... just go up the chian of command and don't be afraid to make a HUGE ordeal over it.

they'll cash it out. you'll just have to be an asshole about it.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Update:
I actually went to best buy tonight to finally attempt a return, no questions asked they just had to get a manager to override it and look at the receipt. They gave me the $50 cash on the spot, i am suprised and glad to get that money back in savings.

milkman
01-09-2008, 06:58 PM
This might be a little 'out there' as far as a suggestion, but rather than asking people on a Chiefs board, I would take a shot at calling the store and asking them if you can return a gift card.

What the **** is wrong with you?

What a stupid ****ing idea.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2008, 07:05 PM

IM almost positive this is what they will do and probably every retailer has a similiar policy. This is one of the reasons retailers love gift cards.

I read a few week ago that something like 2 billion dollars of leftover money goes unclaimed on gift cards. Easy money.

Incredible.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2008, 07:10 PM
IM almost positive this is what they will do and probably every retailer has a similiar policy. This is one of the reasons retailers love gift cards.

I read a few week ago that something like 2 billion dollars of leftover money goes unclaimed on gift cards. Easy money.

Incredible.
Everyone ignoring my update, they didn't fight the return for full refund.

Deberg_1990
01-09-2008, 07:11 PM

Wow, thats nice. Good to hear that for you.

milkman
01-09-2008, 07:11 PM

It's more fun to tell you that they will take your money.

Sure-Oz
01-09-2008, 07:13 PM
It's more fun to tell you that they will take your money.
ROFL

yes deberg it was nice, im glad i didn't waste $50 on random shit i dont need

Phobia
01-09-2008, 07:25 PM
So what you really need to do is chop off your hand with a circular saw, apply a tourniquette, and then enter Best Buy with a sob story about how you need your $50 back so you can get your hand re-attached. I'll bet they go for it.

Demonpenz
01-09-2008, 10:12 PM
i've never even had a gift card from there, man i am an asshole

acesn8s
01-09-2008, 10:27 PM
What the **** is wrong with you?

What a stupid ****ing idea.clearly he does not know how to post whore.