PDA

View Full Version : Does the idea of drafting a top 5 QB....

Mr. Laz
12-28-2007, 01:32 PM
with this current crop of offensive coaches scare the crap out of anyone else?

seriously ..... wouldn't it basically be just flushing 30 million bucks down the toilet?

OnTheWarpath58
12-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Yep.

Mentioned it in another thread about a week ago.

First, I don't think the value is there to pick any of these guys Top 5. Ryan would be the closest, IMO.

Second, there are enough true impact players that can come in a make a difference from DAY ONE.

Either of the Longs, though it would still sting to spend a Top 5 on a RT.

Sedrick Ellis, James Laurinaitis, either of the Jenkins. (Too high to take a CB as well, but could make an immediate impact)

Mecca
12-28-2007, 01:39 PM
It really sucks to think you can't take a possible franchise QB due to coaching.

Frankie
12-28-2007, 01:41 PM
It scares me too. And frankly I don't yet see a franchise QB among them.

el borracho
12-28-2007, 01:42 PM
with this current crop of offensive coaches scare the crap out of anyone else?
No, I would have no problem if the Chiefs took a QB early this year. It wouldn't be my first choice for other reasons but I would have no problem with it.

HonestChieffan
12-28-2007, 01:43 PM
nope, does not scare me as much as a future built around Croyle and Thigpen

talastan
12-28-2007, 01:44 PM
It scares me too. And frankly I don't yet see a franchise QB among them.
Agreed, I say either take Sedrick Ellis, or James Laurinaitis. Maybe Jake Long if he is rated high enough. Some say Clady will be rated that high as well? Who knows....

cdcox
12-28-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, if next year is the last for Carl and Herm maybe they wouldn't screw him up too bad before the new regime took over?

OnTheWarpath58
12-28-2007, 01:45 PM
It really sucks to think you can't take a possible franchise QB due to coaching.

I know you and I have gone round-and-round about this, but the word POSSIBLE is my biggest concern.

I'd be concerned about this QB class even if we had the best QB coach and OC in the league.

Since we have nothing even remotely resembling that.....

Psyko Tek
12-28-2007, 01:46 PM
why burn the pick on a Qb that is doomed to be carried out on a stretcher?

hell we got three that can do that now

Mecca
12-28-2007, 01:49 PM
why burn the pick on a Qb that is doomed to be carried out on a stretcher?

hell we got three that can do that now

Not all QB's are made of glass like that guy we have now...

smittysbar
12-28-2007, 01:51 PM
findthedr - trade all 1st and 2nds for late picks. The talent is their!

Mecca
12-28-2007, 01:52 PM
findthedr - trade all 1st and 2nds for late picks. The talent is their!

Draft 15 OT's!

Mr. Laz
12-28-2007, 01:53 PM
i know ... but the first 3 years of development are crucial

Do you really want Herm/solari teaching this kid how to be an NFL QB?

El Jefe
12-28-2007, 01:54 PM

Good point.

smittysbar
12-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Draft 15 OT's!

findthedr - your finally getting it!

CupidStunt
12-28-2007, 02:51 PM
The more of Clark's money wasted the better. Maybe he'll find a clue someday.

chagrin
12-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Disco sucks, Rock n Roll is #1!!

ChiTown
12-28-2007, 03:26 PM
Here's a List of Great QB's Drafted by the Chiefs....

The End.

jiveturkey
12-28-2007, 03:27 PM
How quickly would the "fans" want to give up on a top 5 QB pick? Can they suck for half a season? A whole season? How about two seasons?

Mecca
12-28-2007, 03:28 PM
How quickly would the "fans" want to give up on a top 5 QB pick? Can they suck for half a season? A whole season? How about two seasons?

He won't get hurt when someone touches him right?

KC Tattoo
12-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Brodie is going to be good for us, he is not "made of glass". He has taken some hard hits and gets right back up. Brodie is the future we need to build an O-line and get some more WRs to throw too other than just D-Bowe & Tony. We can build this team around Brodie and he will be successfull DAMNIT!!!

Mecca
12-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Brodie is going to be good for us, he is not "made of glass". He has taken some hard hits and gets right back up. Brodie is the future we need to build an O-line and get some more WRs to throw too other than just D-Bowe & Tony. We can build this team around Brodie and he will be successfull DAMNIT!!!

He's made of glass....there's overwhelming evidence to support it.

KC Tattoo
12-28-2007, 03:37 PM

What ever, I strongly disagree but you have your opinion and I'l have mine.

Have a good weekend yall be back Sunday night.

OnTheWarpath58
12-28-2007, 03:44 PM

While Croyle DOES have an injury history, I'm not sure how much the last 2 he sustained should be held against him.

Herm is treating him with the softest of kid gloves. The fact that he went in, took a shot, and finished a game with a bruised kidney speaks volumes about the kid's toughness, IMO.

Him not playing the next week had more to do with Herm not wanting to expose him, IMO. You can't pin that on Brodie.

Same with Detroit. Hell, you're down 19-0 at that point. Why bother. Let Damon take the abuse.

Bottom line: The kid has missed ONE start. Not the end of the world.

beach tribe
12-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Yes, it sucks.
I'm against using the pick on one of these QBs, but if Carson Palmer was there, I would be scared to let Herm get his hands on him.

Mecca
12-28-2007, 03:50 PM
Even if someone says "it's a freak thing" when a guy seems to always have one, or routinely gets them. It's not a freak thing anymore, he just gets hurt a lot. Some guys are like that.

OnTheWarpath58
12-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Even if someone says "it's a freak thing" when a guy seems to always have one, or routinely gets them. It's not a freak thing anymore, he just gets hurt a lot. Some guys are like that.

Not sure if you're referring to me, but I never said anything about them being "freak" injuries.

I think if the kid was 3-5 years in the league, and we were pushing for a playoff spot, he would have played.

Mecca
12-28-2007, 03:55 PM
I just want 1 reason to think he can play 16 games, he had a hard time even lasting through college seasons where the players aren't as big or as fast, and there are less games.

Toad
12-28-2007, 05:38 PM

No joke.

Also, Mecca, what's your thoughts on Carl putting his metaphoric balls on the line and drafting a QB that high given that History has not been kind to GM's that bust on high QB picks?

I'm not saying that Matt Ryan would be a bust, but I'm not sure Carl has the stones to pull the trigger with the masses of Chiefs fans wanting his head already. If Ryan fails, Carl is out - no doubt about it.

Mr. Laz
12-28-2007, 05:49 PM
reality tends to suck

Pablo
12-28-2007, 05:54 PM
How quickly would the "fans" want to give up on a top 5 QB pick? Can they suck for half a season? A whole season? How about two seasons?4 games before the fans start saying and posting stuff like:

"He sucks...he throws interceptions."

"He gets sacked a lot."

"He misses wide open recievers sometimes."

"He throws into double-coverage a lot."

"Why's he just throw to Tony all the time."

Mecca
12-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Those things aren't the reason why I have a problem with Croyle, I have a problem with the fact that he always gets hurt.

Drafting a first round QB sends the opposite message Carl is all about, which is "we're gonna suck for 3 years" he can't talk about how we got an impact guy who's gonna play right now.

Claynus
12-28-2007, 06:13 PM
Well the OC is changing but I think Curl will stay as QB coach, which is just as scary.

snatch
12-28-2007, 06:25 PM
The talent is their!Click Me (http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000256.htm)

Frankie
12-28-2007, 07:17 PM
While Croyle DOES have an injury history, I'm not sure how much the last 2 he sustained should be held against him.

Herm is treating him with the softest of kid gloves. The fact that he went in, took a shot, and finished a game with a bruised kidney speaks volumes about the kid's toughness, IMO.

Him not playing the next week had more to do with Herm not wanting to expose him, IMO. You can't pin that on Brodie.

Same with Detroit. Hell, you're down 19-0 at that point. Why bother. Let Damon take the abuse.

Bottom line: The kid has missed ONE start. Not the end of the world.
How dare you post a logical opinion on Brodie Croyle when we all know beyond the shadow of any doubt, thanks to mecca's great research, that he is "made of glass?"

Mecca
12-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Ok debunk what I said give me a reason why a guy with 2 new ACL's and a torn labrum that has missed 2 games out of 6 starts is durable...

Chiefmanwillcatch
12-28-2007, 07:44 PM
NEED left TACKLE!!!!!

KC Tattoo
12-28-2007, 10:42 PM
What ever, I strongly disagree but you have your opinion and I'l have mine.

Have a good weekend yall be back Sunday night.

Sweet, I didn't think I was going to get a chance to be back this weekend. Went to my Moms* in Greensburg and didn't know she had a inrenet working. Computer is slow and freezes up, much like the Chiefs Offense. I'l try to get some post in.

Off topic. Greensburg, what a reck, she is now living in a FEMA trailer cus she was in that devestating tornado last summer. She is fine now, but what a nightmare that was.

* "MOM" not really cus she did not raise me, I was adopted by my Grandparents so they became my mom and dad. She is family and I still love her but some things are just hard to deal with. That could be for another topic anyways. Good to be here tonight.
:arrow: Tattoo

MadMax
12-28-2007, 10:48 PM
How dare you post a logical opinion on Brodie Croyle when we all know beyond the shadow of any doubt, thanks to mecca's great research, that he is "made of glass?"

Glass made of glass glass ass made of glass :)

Halfcan
12-28-2007, 10:48 PM
[QUOTE=KC Tattoo]Sweet, I didn't think I was going to get a chance to be back this weekend. Went to my Moms* in Greensburg and didn't know she had a inrenet working. Computer is slow and freezes up, much like the Chiefs Offense. I'l try to get some post in.

I love Inrenet! :)

Buck
12-28-2007, 10:49 PM
You guys should draft John David Booty around round 4 if hes still there.

MadMax
12-28-2007, 10:49 PM
He will become Iron Man..You heard it here 1st lol

Micjones
12-29-2007, 12:11 AM
nope, does not scare me as much as a future built around Croyle and Thigpen

Exactly...