PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

go bowe
12-28-2007, 04:27 PM
HELP!!!

what can be done when you have two sets of wireless keyboards and mice that apparently cause interference to the point that my mouse goes crazy?

both sets are located in the same room and there is nowhere to move one of the pc's...

would different makes of wireless keyboards and mice be on a different frequency so that they would not interfere with each other?

as it is, neither set works when we are both using our pc's...

HELP!!

SLAG
12-28-2007, 04:32 PM
What is the brand and model of the Keyboard / Mice used

JBucc
12-28-2007, 04:33 PM
Surround one computer in a faraday cage.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I hate that wireless crap. I used to use it. Seems I never had batteries handy when they died. I use a trackball. Its not wireless. It isn't wireless, because it does not need to be. It doesn't move.

cookster50
12-28-2007, 04:48 PM
antifreeze one of them

Blankey
12-28-2007, 05:08 PM
I'd just go out and spend $20 on a wired keyboard & mouse just to save the trouble.

patteeu
12-28-2007, 05:24 PM
I don't know if this will help, but here is something I found on a logitech forum:

just curious - will 2 logitech wireless keyboard / mouse setups interfere with each other if they are in close proximity? I assume that they have some feature to prevent that, but then y'all know what happens when you assume things...

nope. each has it's own unique "security channel" so they won't interfere, if by some odd reason they do, just hit the connect button to change the channel on one.

I don't know whether your keyboards have "connect" buttons or not, but you might look at the manufacturer's website and see if there's a way to set one pair of devices to one channel and the other to another. Surely this problem has been contemplated by all the competent hardware makers.

DaFace
12-28-2007, 08:42 PM
What patteeu said. Typically wireless devices operate not only on a certain channel, but also using a code to link up. I've never had a problem using multiple devices in the same area.

Buck
12-28-2007, 08:49 PM
You'll need a wall made of at least 18" thick lead surrounded by 24" of concrete on each side in between the PCs

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 09:44 AM
You'll need a wall made of at least 18" thick lead surrounded by 24" of concrete on each side in between the PCs
Or you could use two properly spaced screens, see JBucc's response above.

Hitting the "connect" button is the proper solution, however.

Oh, and I agree. What's the freaking point of wireless keyboards and mice? How far away can I get and still read the screen?

snatch
12-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Wireless keyboards and mice are dumb.

Baby Lee
12-29-2007, 11:47 AM
I love my bluetooth KB/Mouse.
First off, takes a lot of clutter off the desk, and if I need to clear the desk [spill something, use it for non-PC purpose, work on internals of PC], I can just toss them in a corner.
Also, I can watch/control Media Center from across the room, or lounging on my bed. And with the range of BT, once I finally get the A/V connection between the PC in the bedroom and the HT in the living room, I can control the PC sitting in front of my HDTV.

Not to mention that the BT emitter gives me PC interaction with my phone and headset, and when I get the BT receiver for my printer, I can put it somewhere out of the way instead of taking up 1/2 my desk.

go bowe
12-29-2007, 05:16 PM
Or you could use two properly spaced screens, see JBucc's response above.

Hitting the "connect" button is the proper solution, however.

Oh, and I agree. What's the freaking point of wireless keyboards and mice? How far away can I get and still read the screen?reading the screen is not my goal...

i want to eliminate as many cables/wires that i can, because of toddlers who love to grab things and pull hard...

i also pushed the connect button on the mouse, but my wife is taking a nap and i won't know for sure if that fixed the problem until we're both on on at the same time...

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
reading the screen is not my goal...

i want to eliminate as many cables/wires that i can, because of toddlers who love to grab things and pull hard...
Antifreeze.

go bowe
12-29-2007, 06:25 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO