PDA

View Full Version : Would you stop watching MNF if...

Pablo
12-29-2007, 12:18 AM
...a woman became a permanent commentator.

We all know MNF has become trash over the past couple of seasons, and Tony Kornheiser and celebrity appearances are cancers that are killing this once great program. Kornheiser is almost as bad as Dennis Miller, but I'd have to say if a woman commentator took the booth full time I'd quit watching MNF altogether.

Would you?

Short Leash Hootie
12-29-2007, 12:20 AM
topless wii

Douche Baggins
12-29-2007, 12:22 AM
I'd probably start watching it MORE. I'd love to hear a woman's perspective.

morphius
12-29-2007, 12:23 AM
I watch because I like football, not because of commentators. I'm trained not to hear any womans voice as it is, so I probably wouldn't notice if they added one.

morphius
I blame my Mom

Phobia
12-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Does she know what she's talking about?
Does she make astute observations?

Does she babble mindlessly about perfectly obvious crap?
Does she judge a lineman's ability based on their crack-sweat?

I could care less who is announcing so long as they add something to the experience rather than annoying the crap out of me.

Bugeater
12-29-2007, 12:27 AM
I barely watch MNF as it is. I couldn't imagine it being much worse than it is already.

Short Leash Hootie
12-29-2007, 12:29 AM
what is so bad about MNF? Are you guys retarded? I think Tirico is ok, Jaws is awesome...and Kornheiser doesn't even talk that much anyways...and when he does, it isn't that bad at all...nowhere close to unwatchable...I just think the popular thing to do these days is bitch about how bad the MNF commentators are...when they really aren't.

Guru
12-29-2007, 12:29 AM
I watch because I like football, not because of commentators. I'm trained not to hear any womans voice as it is, so I probably wouldn't notice if they added one.

morphius
I blame my Mom
Now if you could just find a way to tune out Giant Bumble.

Bugeater
12-29-2007, 12:38 AM
what is so bad about MNF? Are you guys retarded? I think Tirico is ok, Jaws is awesome...and Kornheiser doesn't even talk that much anyways...and when he does, it isn't that bad at all...nowhere close to unwatchable...I just think the popular thing to do these days is bitch about how bad the MNF commentators are...when they really aren't.
For me it has more to do with shitty games I'm not interested in than the commentators. I also don't care for the celebrity douchebag segment of the show either.

siberian khatru
12-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Paging Eileen Weir ...

Mr. Flopnuts
12-29-2007, 12:54 AM

morphius
I blame my Mom

That about sums it up.

philfree
12-29-2007, 12:54 AM
I love women...they make everything in life better. Get over your big sister kick'n your asz....

PhilFree:arrow:

greg63
12-29-2007, 12:58 AM
Would you stop watching MNF if...

Whats that???

SBK
12-29-2007, 01:58 AM
Is there anyway they could make the broadcast team worse? I think if they had a few people that spoke 0 words of English it'd be an improvement.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2007, 02:38 AM
The one chick who does commentator on college football is one of the better ones ESPN has. She actually contreations on the game and gives good inside info.

Otter
12-29-2007, 05:47 AM
I haven't watched more than 2 hours of MNF all year and only slightly more last year. I found myself paying $110 a month to watch The History Channel and Myth Busters a couple times a week and eventually came to the conclusion that I wasn't getting my bang for the buck.

Now I pay $9 a month for basic and $15 a month for a Netflix account and I'm much more satisfied than anything 120 channels of poo could offer.

Between ESPN is turning into MTV and the Chiefs on downward slope that I don't see ending anytime soon - you can keep it.

Saulbadguy
12-29-2007, 05:51 AM
I've already stopped watching MNF.

HonestChieffan
12-29-2007, 06:04 AM
Are you afraid that you may actually learn something from a female broadcaster?

stupid idea. If they put a lady on there who is good and knows the game sure Id still watch.

the Talking Can
12-29-2007, 06:05 AM
...a woman became a permanent commentator.

We all know MNF has become trash over the past couple of seasons, and Tony Kornheiser and celebrity appearances are cancers that are killing this once great program. Kornheiser is almost as bad as Dennis Miller, but I'd have to say if a woman commentator took the booth full time I'd quit watching MNF altogether.

Would you?

dumb

Skip Towne
12-29-2007, 06:09 AM
They need one of those deep voiced womens basketball announcers. One who is trying to grow balls.

BCD
12-29-2007, 06:15 AM
Wouldn't matter. I don't watch it now, as it is.

MahiMike
12-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Leave Jaws in there for the actual knowledge of the game. Bring in a hotty to spice things up. Still pissed they got rid of the only hotty on the sidelines in Gerrera.

jjjayb
12-29-2007, 06:31 AM

For one, they could do without the celebrity visits. It's complete bs to have to sit there and listen to an actor pimp his next movie while there is a frigging football game going on.
"so Fred, tell us about your next movie."
"well, I play an alien who visits earth looking for souls to steal."
"Really, sounds interesting. By the way, the Saints scored a touchdown while you were talking. When does the movie open?"
"It'll open in theaters across the country next tuesday"

2nd, the sideling reporter that all the stations seem to use now has got to go. Especially when the reporting has NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL. "Lets go to Pam Oliver on the sidelines" "Well guys, I talked to Brett Favre's wife last week about the charity work they do. She's real pleased with the amount of money they have raised. Blah, blah blah......"
"By the way Pam, the Packers just scored a TD while you were talking, now tell us more about these charities."

3rd they can quit showing the guys in the booth. It irritates the hell out of me when they show the guys in the booth talking when THERE IS A FOOTBALL GAME GOING ON.

Need anymore reasons?

Skip Towne
12-29-2007, 06:38 AM
FAX said they need midgets.

stevieray
12-29-2007, 07:11 AM
yes. definitely.

JBucc
12-29-2007, 07:34 AM
I actually don't watch that much anymore. The announcers and endless celebrity plugs are a part of that. They seem to want to talk about everything else going on besides the football game right in freaking front of them. They should keep jaws, then put in Mike and Mike. Two football guys, and Greenberg could give them their "media take" they seem to desperately want without annoying the hell out of everyone.

Anyway I don't care if the have a woman. Suzy Kolber has probably forgotten more than Kornheiser knows about football.

Buehler445
12-29-2007, 08:05 AM
I wouldn't mind a woman commentator as long as she knew whta the hell she was talking about.

acesn8s
12-29-2007, 08:14 AM
It's got to be better than the Randy Moss loving Mike Tirico.

Saulbadguy
12-29-2007, 08:28 AM
For one, they could do without the celebrity visits. It's complete bs to have to sit there and listen to an actor pimp his next movie while there is a frigging football game going on.
"so Fred, tell us about your next movie."
"well, I play an alien who visits earth looking for souls to steal."
"Really, sounds interesting. By the way, the Saints scored a touchdown while you were talking. When does the movie open?"
"It'll open in theaters across the country next tuesday"

2nd, the sideling reporter that all the stations seem to use now has got to go. Especially when the reporting has NOTHING TO DO WITH FOOTBALL. "Lets go to Pam Oliver on the sidelines" "Well guys, I talked to Brett Favre's wife last week about the charity work they do. She's real pleased with the amount of money they have raised. Blah, blah blah......"
"By the way Pam, the Packers just scored a TD while you were talking, now tell us more about these charities."

3rd they can quit showing the guys in the booth. It irritates the hell out of me when they show the guys in the booth talking when THERE IS A FOOTBALL GAME GOING ON.

Need anymore reasons?
Pretty much my main complaint.

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 08:30 AM
I barely watch MNF as it is. I couldn't imagine it being much worse than it is already.
I probably only watched 2 MNF games this year.

I gave up the Sunday Ticket and so I can't watch the Bucs games anymore. I pretty much watch some/most of the Chiefs games and go do something else. I also tend to be programming or otherwise during the Chiefs games.

BTW, NFL, you f**kers should take note. Back when football was about the football I would sit down in front of the TV at 10am every Sunday and wouldn't get up until 11pm when the Sunday night game was over. I was a paying Sunday Ticket customer.

At this point with all the commercialization and cross-promotion, plus the fact that ticket prices have begun booting the rabid fans from the stadiums, and it's a bland, dull, boring product.

Add in the asinine games the networks decide to carry and the fact that they'll watch the Pats blow some loser team away while three kick ass games are being played and, well, ...

:ZZZ:

Mr. Laz
12-29-2007, 08:52 AM
don't care about female/male ...... just care about quality broadcast.

Adept Havelock
12-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Gilbert Gottfried and Fran Drescher would be an upgrade to Tony Kornheiser.

His incessant babble is verbal leprosy.

I just want a decent broadcast team to talk about the game, who doesn't feel compelled to drag the celebutard of the week into the booth for an interview.

Cochise
12-29-2007, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't care if they put 3 women in the booth, if they got rid of Kornholer and quit dragging in the D-list celebrities and quit making the whole thing out to be an infomercial for everything the walt disney company is selling

Demonpenz
12-29-2007, 09:42 AM
there is a wonman that does play by play for the big 10 she isn't bad. I don't have a need for play by play people anyway i ususally turn on music unless something crazy happnes.

Dayze
12-29-2007, 10:24 AM
The one chick who does commentator on college football is one of the better ones ESPN has. She actually contreations on the game and gives good inside info.

yeah...I can' tremember her name, but she does a hell of a job. I'd listen to her over Kornhole etc.

Demonpenz
12-29-2007, 10:29 AM
funny enough when you type in football commentator in google I guess there is a woman that announcers big soccer games. American football fans are rabid i wonder what the people think of that

Bugeater
12-29-2007, 10:34 AM
yeah...I can' tremember her name, but she does a hell of a job. I'd listen to her over Kornhole etc.
You're thinking of Pam Ward, and I can't stand her. I don't know if it's just because she's a woman, but she makes my ears bleed. Thank God I'm not a fan of the Big Televen.

chagrin
12-29-2007, 10:47 AM
Pam Ward is awful; it's like listening to Hillary Clinton speak.

el borracho
12-29-2007, 11:14 AM
I already stopped watching it.

UteChief
12-29-2007, 11:22 AM
I wish they had a hot sideline reporter, the lady they had on this year was scary and needed to stop the make up caking in the creases of her eyes.

If the commentator was hot I wouldn't mind the shots of the booth. Maybe they can do it like the European news broadcasts where the anchors strip. Then I'll be excited for Mondays again.

I quit watching when the Broncos were on three times. And a woman wouldn't be any worse than Gumbel on the network.

OnTheWarpath58
12-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Going from memory, but didn't MNF start to take its nosedive about the time Melissa Stark left to have a baby?

Good looks aside, but Stark, Kolber and Erin Andrews are about as good as it gets IMO. They actually know the game they are covering. I'd bet any of the three couldn't do any worse than what's being delivered now, outside of Jaws.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-29-2007, 01:41 PM
A woman would have to try to be worse. To be worse than Bryant Gumble. Kornhieser is too annoying. I didn't think Dennis Miller was that bad, so what do I know

Fruit Ninja
12-29-2007, 02:18 PM
I have watched less Monday NIght football this year then i have in the last 18 or so years. The Monday Night crew outside of Jaws are horrible. I just turn the TV to Chuck (The TV Show) now at 8pm.

KCChiefsFan88
12-29-2007, 02:48 PM
If the chick was hot and she did pole dances during halftime then hell yeah I'm all for it.

a1na2
12-29-2007, 03:51 PM
The only time I watch it now is when the Chiefs are on it. Probably not a good prospect that I would see it anytime in the next 3 years with our current HC.

KCChiefsFan88
12-29-2007, 04:55 PM
The only time I watch it now is when the Chiefs are on it. Probably not a good prospect that I would see it anytime in the next 3 years with our current HC.

The Chiefs last MNF appearance was in 2005 at Denver I believe and I'm trying to recall their last home MNF appearance... the most recent that comes to mind is game back in 2000 vs Seattle when they showed the game on the jumbotron at Kaufman Stadium.

Thig Lyfe
12-29-2007, 04:58 PM
The Chiefs last MNF appearance was in 2005 at Denver I believe and I'm trying to recall their last home MNF appearance... the most recent that comes to mind is game back in 2000 vs Seattle when they showed the game on the jumbotron at Kaufman Stadium.

Most recent home MNF game is 2004 vs. Patriots.

chagrin
12-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Going from memory, but didn't MNF start to take its nosedive about the time Melissa Stark left to have a baby?

Good looks aside, but Stark, Kolber

Unfortunately Kolber asks the same dipshit questions that Andrea Kremer asks. One night she led off her intro by saying "I asked Eli Manning how it feels to be the best come from behind QB in the NFL..."

This was after his first come from behind victory.

Granted, he's done it several times since (mostly because he's the one who got them in the position to be behind) but at the time it was probably the dumbest thing a sideline reporter could have said.

Kolber stinks, even though she knows sports. Melissa Stark was much better. If I recall correctly, she didn't leave to have a baby, she left because she was tired of the way the MNF director wanted her to be a girl and not a broadcaster.

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 07:13 PM
Would the woman be naked? Because that would actually combine two of my greatest interests.

In all seriousness, I have no issue if an announcer is male or female, white or black, American or Nepalese. I just want a team up there that does the following:

1. Concentrate on the game and make the game the top priority.

2. Know about the players and be able to provide good tidbits about the players.

3. Know about the NFL and NFL history, and be able to put the game into proper context.

4. Have some types of insights that add to the game, either facts or anecdotes or trivia or something else that will interest me. I like having at least one former player in the booth whose job is to say, "When I was a player...", pending Point 5 below.

5. Provides unbiased announcing from two perspectives: doesn't favor one team over the other, and doesn't favor some players over others. Provides insights about all players and not just the stars.

chagrin
12-29-2007, 07:16 PM
In all seriousness, I have no issue if an announcer is male or female, white or black, American or Nepalese.

You would totally think differently if they had a Nepalese broadcaster up there. That accent is vomitous!

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 07:32 PM
You would totally think differently if they had a Nepalese broadcaster up there. That accent is vomitous!

I think it could add a little charm in a blowout game.

Bane
12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
I wouldn't stop watching if she got the job because of her knowledge of the game,but if they just put her in there to be politically correct that would be different.

Mr Luzcious
12-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Too late, I already stopped watching.

StcChief
12-29-2007, 10:24 PM
I already did, I don't have cable