PDA

View Full Version : How long will the Iowa caucus take?

alnorth
12-29-2007, 12:13 PM
I just realized the Iowa caucus is the same evening as the Orange bowl, which really sucks. The caucus apparently starts at 7, Orange bowl at 7:45. There is no way I am missing the Iowa caucus, but does anyone from Iowa know how long it takes?

I'll be on the elephant side if that makes a difference. I know that the Democrats take forever with their little circus of moving to different corners of the room for each candidate, taking breaks to convince undecided people to go to their side, re-voting, etc. I was under the impression that the Republicans dont mess around and just go straight to a ballot, does that mean they are done quicker? (say, within 45 minutes?)

patteeu
12-29-2007, 01:14 PM
On the Republican side, you can leave as soon as you cast your ballot... Probably 15-20 mins max

That will benefit Ron Paul. His earnest disciples won't have as much time to annoy the regular folks and drive the few of them who will vote for Paul into another camp.

Cochise
12-29-2007, 01:17 PM
That will benefit Ron Paul. His earnest disciples won't have as much time to annoy the regular folks and drive the few of them who will vote for Paul into another camp.

I'm sure they will be out in force... with their Star Wars t-shirts freshly pressed and their Vans all shined up.

SBK
12-29-2007, 04:16 PM
I've only attended one caucus, it was fast. We voted for a few things for the republican platform to include, then cast our ballot into a hat and left.