Thig Lyfe
12-29-2007, 02:26 PM
I vote "yes"

Mecca
12-29-2007, 02:29 PM
Lose, game means nothing.

Guru
12-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I always want a win. this is one of those rare games that it really doesn't matter.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Even though it's prolly in the Chiefs' best interest, I can't root for a loss. Option 3

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 02:39 PM
I voted win-win. I really want to see Brodie get his first win, as well as ending this awful season on apositive note. That said, If we do lose, and are able to use the better draft position to significantly improve our team, then the loss is good too. Either way, a win puts us drafting no worse than eighth, which is probably where ceepee will trade down to anyway. I would just like to get the extra picks from the trade as well.

patteeu
12-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Even though it's prolly in the Chiefs' best interest, I can't root for a loss. Option 3

I agree. I'll be rooting for the Chiefs to win, but if they don't I'll see the silver lining. I voted "torn".

OnTheWarpath58
12-29-2007, 02:41 PM
While I can't flat out root for a loss, I'll probably be happier in the end if they do.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by winning this game. Someone please make the "carry momentum into next season" comment so you can be fitted with the dunce cap.

I hope they play well, but won't be upset if they lose.

Mecca
12-29-2007, 02:42 PM
The Browns really hurt themselves losing at the end of last year eh? Another win and they probably wouldn't have Joe Thomas.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-29-2007, 02:45 PM
They're still the Browns :)

Thig Lyfe
12-29-2007, 02:45 PM
The Browns really hurt themselves losing at the end of last year eh? Another win and they probably wouldn't have Joe Thomas.

Yeah, that guy sucks. GO CHIEFS WIN!

Thig Lyfe
12-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Lose, game means nothing.

A win can only hurt.

OnTheWarpath58
12-29-2007, 02:46 PM

Great example.

Damn I wish there was a cant-miss stud LT like Thomas in this draft.......

:banghead:

Wile_E_Coyote
12-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Loosing in OT may be the best option

patteeu
12-29-2007, 02:47 PM
I voted win-win. I really want to see Brodie get his first win, as well as ending this awful season on apositive note. That said, If we do lose, and are able to use the better draft position to significantly improve our team, then the loss is good too. Either way, a win puts us drafting no worse than eighth, which is probably where ceepee will trade down to anyway. I would just like to get the extra picks from the trade as well.

It would be great to see Croyle end the season with a perfect game that he can build on for next year. And by "perfect" I don't mean a low risk 150 yard, 1 TD, 60% completion day. I'd rather seem something closer to 250 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INT.

patteeu
12-29-2007, 02:51 PM
While I can't flat out root for a loss, I'll probably be happier in the end if they do.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained by winning this game. Someone please make the "carry momentum into next season" comment so you can be fitted with the dunce cap.

I hope they play well, but won't be upset if they lose.

There's no real momentum to be had with a single victory over a 3 win team, but individual performances by some of the younger players could be useful. I already mentioned Croyle, but another example might be a big game (e.g. several tackles and a sack) for someone like Tank Tyler or Turk McBride.

patteeu
12-29-2007, 02:54 PM

How much did our last loss help us the year we drafted Ryan Sims? If we'd won that game we might have had to settle for one of the other DTs like Henderson or Haynesworth. Of course, we might have also ended up with Wendell Bryant so it could go either way.

beach tribe
12-29-2007, 02:59 PM
They're still the Browns :)
And they're better than us.

OnTheWarpath58
12-29-2007, 03:01 PM
There's no real momentum to be had with a single victory over a 3 win team, but individual performances by some of the younger players could be useful. I already mentioned Croyle, but another example might be a big game (e.g. several tackles and a sack) for someone like Tank Tyler or Turk McBride.

Yeah, the individual performances are a different animal, IMO.

It'd be great if those guys lit it up on Sunday, but it wouldn't make be feel any better/worse about them going into next year.

Would it be nice to see those guys flash for a game? Sure. But I don't feel it's worth dropping 5-8 picks in the draft for it.

OnTheWarpath58
12-29-2007, 03:02 PM
How much did our last loss help us the year we drafted Ryan Sims? If we'd won that game we might have had to settle for one of the other DTs like Henderson or Haynesworth. Of course, we might have also ended up with Wendell Bryant so it could go either way.

Probably would have ended up the same way, IMO.

Sims would have still been there, no one had a hard -on for him the way DV did.

JMO.

Wile_E_Coyote
12-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Probably would have ended up the same way, IMO.

Sims would have still been there, no one had a hard -on for him the way DV did.

JMO.
The memory can be a funny thing. But I remember the Vikings loosing a race to the podium for him

patteeu
12-29-2007, 03:20 PM
The memory can be a funny thing. But I remember the Vikings loosing a race to the podium for him

That's the story I've always heard. I've never heard an official from the Vikings admit that they wanted Sims, but there were reports at the time that that's who they were after, iirc.

Mecca
12-29-2007, 03:23 PM
Considering the Chiefs traded up for Sims that theory doesn't matter, DV wanted him like a crack addict needs the rock.

cdcox
12-29-2007, 03:51 PM
So winning an losing is the difference between picking something like 4th vs. something like 7th. In the draft value chart, that is a mid-2nd round pick. Is winning this game worth giving up a mid-2nd round pick?

TinyEvel
12-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Wow, I was the first person to want a win. Versus 19 desires for loss.
I guess I figure one spot on the draft isn't going to make a huge difference. I'd lik to send the players into the off-season without an 8-game losing streak. I figure there's going to be a house-cleaning either way.

boogblaster
12-29-2007, 04:38 PM
Winnin' is what matters.. Our draft will probably suck anyway ....

Buehler445
12-29-2007, 04:43 PM
I voted GAZ. I always want the Chiefs to win, but I also want the better draft picks.

Extra Point
12-29-2007, 07:25 PM
Win-win either way, confirming that I have accepted another year of the 5 year plan and resultantly have lost my burst.

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 07:54 PM
My personal feeling is that Brodie Croyle needs to get a win this year to get some confidence going into eight months of offseason. I think there's enough risk in the draft that the odds of getting a bust with the #4 or #5 pick isn't appreciably different than that for the #7 or #8 pick. Plus, I'm going to be waiting 8 months for my next Chiefs game, so I'd like to see a win. If you disagree with me, I'll respect our differences and tell you to go fornicate with yourself.

kstater
12-29-2007, 07:59 PM
As much as it pains me to say, I Chief's loss is the only good outcome from this game. No good comes from winning this game. I don't buy into the winning carries over to next season school of thought.

Rain Man
12-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Okay, people, listen up. I've been thinking about this, and here's why it's never good to root for your own team to lose today.

We just lost to a team that otherwise would have been 3-13. If you lose to a team like that, you've got major problems. Major problems. Problems that can't be solved by having the #5 pick instead of the #8 pick. Croyle looked horrible today. Don't you think that it would have been a better portent for the team if Croyle had blasted the Jets? If the defense had stonewalled them and produced a dozen sacks? Today showed that we are a team that is bad and not improving. I would have rather seen a 49-0 blowout win where all of our guys exhibited talent and drive. Now we get to look forward to an offseason where we have a lot of holes to fill, and those three spots in the draft aren't going to be the difference maker. Give me a team that's improving over ... today ... any time.