PDA

View Full Version : UFC 79:

BigVE
12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
Anyone watching/buying tonite? I have never bought a payperview before but I'm thinking about buying this one. Liddel vs. Silva and GSP vs Hughes is big enough for me. Should be a very intriguing card.

Third Eye
12-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Just confirmed my order about 10 minutes ago. Having some company to watch the NE game followed by UFC.

BigVE
12-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Sounds familiar.

Third Eye
12-29-2007, 03:27 PM
Wanderlei is going to destroy Chuck methinks. Pulling for GSP, but that should be a good one.

BigVE
12-29-2007, 03:29 PM
This is probably Chucks last big fight if he gets whooped again. He is still a big draw but not if he loses.

Bwana
12-29-2007, 03:31 PM
This is probably Chucks last big fight if he gets whooped again. He is still a big draw but not if he loses.

I agree and I think he is going to get spanked.

BigVE
12-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Chuck will ALWAYS have a punchers chance so you can't rule him out of ANY matchup. Silva has a head of stone but he has been KO'd before.

Third Eye
12-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Anyone watch the UFC: All Access this week that showed Wanderlei's training routine?

stevieray
12-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Anyone watch the UFC: All Access this week that showed Wanderlei's training routine?

ya, that snorkel training was intense...

Third Eye
12-29-2007, 03:42 PM
ya, that snorkel training was intense...
Followed by a nice ice bath.

BigVE
12-29-2007, 04:00 PM
My picks:
Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Hughes ST. PIERRE

---------------------------------------

Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva - SILVA

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou vs. Lyoto Machida - SOKOUDJOU

Eddie Sanchez vs. Soa Palalei - PALALEI

Melvin Guillard vs. Rich Clementi - GUILLARD

Third Eye
12-29-2007, 04:16 PM
Hoping GSP, but I think Hughes wins this one.
Silva
Machida
Guillard, toss up for me.
Sanchez

Fruit Ninja
12-29-2007, 04:26 PM
i will watch it on streamtv

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Damn, wish I had a dumb friend that bought these PPV's.

:sulk:

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 04:31 PM
i will watch it on streamtv
...wait. Say that again?

Easy 6
12-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Its guaranteed to be more exciting than the pats @ NYG.

Go Chuck!!! knock those "crazy eyes" right outta Silvas face.

Tits McGee
12-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Let's do this thing!!!
Chuck is due for a big win.

Third Eye
12-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Chuck has a puncher's chance, but that is it. Wanderlei is twice the fighter Chuck is, or ever was for that matter.

BigVE
12-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Chuck has a puncher's chance, but that is it. Wanderlei is twice the fighter Chuck is, or ever was for that matter.

I like Chuck but I have to agree with you. He has been exposed and unless he adds something else to his arsenal he will be toast.

BigVE
12-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Its about TIME...time to pop open a cold one. GSP is the man.

Easy 6
12-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Any updates would be greatly appreciated BigVE.

Delano
12-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Sherdog is dead. Blech.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Liddell just beat Silva by unanimous decision. Except for Rampage these Pride guys haven't showed as much as I expected in the UFC.

Fishpicker
12-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Liddell vs Silva was incredible. Wanderlei was pissed off once he saw his own blood. that fight made the entire card.

Simplex3
12-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Liddell just beat Silva by unanimous decision. Except for Rampage these Pride guys haven't showed as much as I expected in the UFC.
Yeah, the merger has kind of gone off with a whimper.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, the merger has kind of gone off with a whimper.

And they really screwed up by not bringing in Fedor. Him and Randy could have been the biggest fight ever.

BigVE
12-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Update: GSP just destroyed Hughes.

BigVE
12-29-2007, 10:45 PM
This was a great fight. GSP totally outclassed Hughes at HUGHES' game. He took Hughes to the ground with ease and beat him to a pulp while they were down there. The last time he threw Hughes it was like a man against a child and Hughes got caught in armbar so badly that he couldnt even tap out with the other arm...he had to yell "stop stop stop stop" to the ref. (he may have said "I tap, I tap...) Domination. Liddell looked very very good and Silva looked good but I felt he was bit over-hyped compared to what he actually showed. He was a class act, had an iron chin and took Chucks "best" shots several times. He got wobbled a time or two but kept on coming back for more. Silva was a bloody mess by the time it was over. Relatively easy win for Liddell, he was never in any real danger and actually showed a bit more wrestling and kicks....more than I have ever seen before.

Fruit Ninja
12-29-2007, 11:20 PM
Yet, Chuck dominated his ass.

Third Eye
12-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Yet, Chuck dominated his ass.
I have no idea why Wanderlei tried to play Chuck's game, but it def. didn't work out for him. I still stand by what I said though, Silva has beaten the best in the world. He is still young enough, he'll be back.

IA_Chiefs_fan
12-30-2007, 07:40 AM
This was a great card! That Lidell/Silva fight was amazing. So many solid shots landing. Both guys got their knees buckeled at times. Chuck looked fantastic. GSP absolutely destroyed Hughes. It didn't take long before Hughes wanted out. He couldn't do anything and he knew it quickly. GSP looks ready to dominate that division for years to come. Hughes was very classy at the end. No excuses; just said GSP is the better fighter at this point. Great, great fights! I'm glad I shelled out the $50 for my son an me to watch it.

Delano
12-30-2007, 07:52 AM
Was GSP's loss to Serra first defense jitters or is Serra GSP's Rampage?

I'd really like to see a dominator in that division. It was fun when Hughes dominated and it would be fun to see Rush dominate.

BigVE
12-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Was GSP's loss to Serra first defense jitters or is Serra GSP's Rampage?

I'd really like to see a dominator in that division. It was fun when Hughes dominated and it would be fun to see Rush dominate.

GSP has gotten sloppy a time or two in the past (his two losses) but I think he learned his lesson. Sure, ANYONE can get caught by a punch and one slip up and your in a submission hold, but GSP is only 24 and has gotten WAY better since the loss to Sera. I cannot see ANYONE holding a candle to this guy for a while. Sera got lucky last time, it wont happen again.

chop
12-30-2007, 10:57 AM
I was shocked when GSP lost to Serra. That guy is a great fighter. He has dominated almost all of his opponents in the fights I have seen. Besides the two losses, the only fight I didn't see him totally dominate his opponent in was when he fought BJ Penn. BJ started out strong but GSP got the last two rounds. I haven't seen anyone in that division that has all of the tools GSP has. I remember when he fought Frank Trigg. Trigg is a wrestler and GSP made him look silly at wrestling. If I had to pick the best fighter in the UFC he would be one of the top guys if not the top.

KcMizzou
12-30-2007, 10:43 PM
I just finished watching it...

I'm happy to see Chuck get a big win. I wish I'd seen him at his prime.

GSP's just better than Hughes, clearly. He beat him at his own game.

KcMizzou
12-30-2007, 10:48 PM
I like Chuck but I have to agree with you. He has been exposed and unless he adds something else to his arsenal he will be toast.Heh, turned out the old man still has something left in the tank. He owned "Wandy"... it wasn't even close.

QuikSsurfer
12-30-2007, 11:00 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyAiHPdpWis&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xyAiHPdpWis&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

QuikSsurfer
12-30-2007, 11:07 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ViAKrPXtkBc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ViAKrPXtkBc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

QuikSsurfer
12-30-2007, 11:15 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MfUIRxzgWVQ&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MfUIRxzgWVQ&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>