PDA

View Full Version : Marty's Power play/ uses Chiefs...

chiefforlife
12-29-2007, 04:38 PM
POSTED 4:28 p.m. EST, December 29, 2007

MARTY MAKES A POWER PLAY

A league source tells us that veteran coach Marty Schottenheimer is trying to finagle full control over the football operations in Atlanta.

Per the source, Schottenheimer is privately saying that he's in line to run the show in Kansas City, when President/G.M. Carl Peterson and coach Herm Edwards are fired after the 2007 season ends.

The only problem? Peterson and Edwards aren't going anywhere.

So what gives? The theories making the rounds are that Schottenheimer is simply mistaken, or that he's intentionally puffing in order to get the Falcons to give him what he wants.

Meanwhile, Falcons owner Arthur Blank has retained former Giants G.M. Ernie Accorsi to assist in the search for a new G.M. and coach.

Blank turned to Accorsi after Bill Parcells used the Falcons' offer as leverage to get a deal done with the Dolphins. But is Accorsi really all that different than the in-house G.M. whom Blank has suddenly decided to ignore?

Like Rich McKay, Accorsi enjoys a relationship with the media that insulates him from criticism. Indeed, no one (except us) has ever pointed out that Accorsi is the mad scientist who thought it would be wise to concoct a turd stew that featured personalities like Tiki Barber, Michael Strahan, Jeremy Shockey, and Plaxico Burress.

And then Accorsi gave up the fourth overall pick, another first-rounder, and more to acquire the rights to quarterback Eli Manning, a mealy-mouthed milequetoast with the leadership skills of a baked potato.

Finally, Accorsi hired a red-faced drill instructor to whip them all into shape.

But Accorsi's involvement favors Schottenheimer. The question is whether Schottenheimer can get Accorsi to recommend to Blank that one guy should hold all of the juice as the Falcons try to return to respectability.

I love the part about Carl and Herm being Fired!
Maybe Clark has been in touch with Marty and Marty knows something we dont?
We can only hope!!

Sorry, not sure how to link but here: //profootballtalk.com/

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Post a link when doing stuff like this.

doomy3
12-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Link Please if true

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 04:52 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 04:53 PM
There is the link. Just copy the url. paste it in your post.

SBK
12-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Marty would be a GM I would be excited about. Never gonna happen though.

RustShack
12-29-2007, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't mind it at all. As long as he was only the GM, I wonder who the President would be.

beach tribe
12-29-2007, 04:58 PM
PFT=BS

beach tribe
12-29-2007, 04:59 PM
BTW I'd take Marty as GM in a heartbeat.

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2007, 04:59 PM
I wouldn't mind it at all. As long as he was only the GM, I wonder who the President would be.

Weir said he would rather resign if he had to give up one of his positions of power

BigRock
12-29-2007, 05:03 PM
What if PFT is only half right? If Marty's actually throwing this story around, maybe he knows a little something about Carl's future that others don't.

KC kid
12-29-2007, 05:05 PM
What if PFT is only half right? If Marty's actually throwing this story around, maybe he knows a little something about Carl's future that others don't.
One could only hope and pray and wish

RustShack
12-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Did Clark like Marty a lot?

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Did Clark like Marty a lot?

apparently two years ago when asked who he'd hired when Peterson retired he didn't hesitate answering the question that Marty would be the next in line

blueballs
12-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I can't find Carl's age - Marty is 64
little old to replace a retirement with
PFT sounds exactly like where this came from
someone's ass -ppffffffftttt

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2007, 05:12 PM
There isnt any indication Marty would make a good GM. As a coach he wanted (and got) washed up free agents that put us in salary cap hell. Many of them turned out to be thugs to boot.

Peterson had full control of the personel during the Marty years, hence the "fix it now" FAs

blueballs
12-29-2007, 05:15 PM
Marty's replacement for Herm would be a Herm Jr
or a Schottenheimer/same thing

blueballs
12-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen
your new head coach of the Chiefs
Brian Schottenheimer -yea

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2007, 05:20 PM
but that is what marty wanted.

That's debatable, Marty wanted personel control but Peterson wasn't willing to give it up.

Skip Towne
12-29-2007, 05:21 PM
That's debatable, Marty wanted personel control but Peterson wasn't willing to give it up.
You are correct. Marty quit because of Carl.

HonestChieffan
12-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I like an Old GM. An old guy wouldnt last 19 years till we get a new one.

kc1977
12-29-2007, 05:33 PM
PFT=BS

Not really. They are really becoming well respected within the "real" media.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 05:34 PM
Just put a clause in his contract
where he can't hire relatives

JohninGpt
12-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, we've all seen the magic that Brian and Kurt can work.

Otherwise, I'm filing this whole thing in the "believe it when I see it" catagory.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 05:38 PM
What I'd really like to see. Clark hires Marty as GM, then Marty hires Mike Singletary as HC.

doomy3
12-29-2007, 05:44 PM
What I'd really like to see. Clark hires Marty as GM, then Marty hires Mike Singletary as HC.

You're probably about to get your wish...

if you're a Falcons' fan.

booger
12-29-2007, 05:45 PM

hollifockinglooyahhhhhhhh!!!

I agree.

FringeNC
12-29-2007, 05:48 PM
If Marty had really been offered full control here, would he be haggling with Atlanta for the same thing? Perhaps what happened is that Marty indicated to Atlanta that he had heard from an inside source that the current regime was in trouble, and that Clark liked him. If Marty had a deal for full control here in place, he'd take it, and not be haggling with Atlanta.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 05:51 PM

:deevee:

Skip Towne
12-29-2007, 05:51 PM

I fear you are correct. They already lost Parcells to that kind of deal.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 05:53 PM
PFT has a mole at CP
was bumped recently
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138260

siberian khatru
12-29-2007, 06:13 PM
This franchise must be genetically incapable of moving forward.

Edit: If the rumor were true, which I seriously doubt. Although that post about Clark wanting Marty back ...

Reerun_KC
12-29-2007, 06:44 PM
This franchise must be genetically incapable of moving forward.

Edit: If the rumor were true, which I seriously doubt. Although that post about Clark wanting Marty back ...
Marty = Mediocrity to the fullest...

Marty would take us no where and fast.. No thanks!

Please Clark, move forward and stop living in the past.

Count Alex's Losses
12-29-2007, 06:51 PM
If Marty replaced him, it would anger Carl to the most hilarious degree. He would get so pissed off...awesome!

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 06:53 PM

Actually, Marty is one of the best at building a team. He and Bill Parcells have done it over and over again. When you have a 4 win team, Marty is a great option. If you have a team one piece away from a SB, I would look elsewhere. Just not to Norv Turner like SD did. By seeing what he is doing in Dallas, SD probably should have given the job to Phillips.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2007, 06:59 PM
PFT=BS
no more than any other place that has a "rumor page"

Mr. Laz
12-29-2007, 06:59 PM
"The only problem? Peterson and Edwards aren't going anywhere."

someone shoot me :deevee:

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 07:01 PM
someone shoot me :deevee:WHy? Just shoot them.

Extra Point
12-29-2007, 07:04 PM
BTW I'd take Marty as GM in a heartbeat.

BTW, I won't.

Where are all the nude pics from the beach you promised, you ole horse thief! :)

splatbass
12-29-2007, 07:32 PM

Marty took over a horrible Browns team and took them to 2 AFC championships. He took the last 4-11 Chiefs to the playoffs in two years (and almost made it the first year), he started his only year in Washington slow but had it turned around and won the last 5 games before he was fired, and he took a pathetic SD to a 14-2 season. You call all that "no where"?

splatbass
12-29-2007, 07:34 PM

Or Jimmy Raye and Paul Hackett.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Marty took over a horrible Browns team and took them to 2 AFC championships. He took the last 4-11 Chiefs to the playoffs in two years (and almost made it the first year), he started his only year in Washington slow but had it turned around and won the last 5 games before he was fired, and he took a pathetic SD to a 14-2 season. You call all that "no where"?
Oh I am sorry, I forgot that post season play and records mean nothing...

Your right, Carry on, Marty is the man to keep this mediocrity train rolling...

what is Marty's record when it counts? 5-14?

Skip Towne
12-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Marty is 5th on the all time wins list. And he has a higher winning %age than 2 of the 4 above him. Yeah, that's mediocre.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Marty is 5th on the all time wins list. And he has a higher winning %age than 2 of the 4 above him. Yeah, that's mediocre.

To bad he cant win when it really matters....

:banghead:

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Y'know, right now Marty is looking pretty good.

And he looks even better now that we know that Carl is a big ol' anchor who weighs down any coach with whom he's associated.

Marty+Carl = very good
(Generic coach)+Carl = bad to okay
Marty+(Generic GM) = very good

doomy3
12-29-2007, 07:49 PM

:banghead:

...as a HEAD COACH. As far as I can tell, no one is in this thread saying we should hire Marty as our Head Coach again :shrug:

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 07:50 PM

:banghead:Marty is a very good evaluator of talent. I think he'd be a good GM. No one here whats him back as coach.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Marty is a very good evaluator of talent. I think he'd be a good GM. No one here whats him back as coach.
maybe some day we will see new light at arrowhead and move forward, clean house and give the city hope that KC will be a superbowl team.

Hiring Marty is not moving forward, it is keeping status qou.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 08:36 PM
maybe some day we will see new light at arrowhead and move forward, clean house and give the city hope that KC will be a superbowl team.

Hiring Marty is not moving forward, it is keeping status qou.Marty would not be my 1st choice.

Brock
12-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Marty is a very good evaluator of talent. I think he'd be a good GM. No one here whats him back as coach.

No one? wrong.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 09:12 PM
No one? wrong.Ok, well no one with a brain.

Brock
12-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Ok, well no one with a brain.

Opinions vary about who's got them and who doesn't.

Skip Towne
12-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Ok, well no one with a brain.
Marty is 100% better than what we have.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Marty is 100% better than what we have.This may be true, but we've been down that road.

Brock
12-29-2007, 09:31 PM
If Cam Cameron comes with him, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 09:32 PM
If Cam Cameron comes with him, I'd take him back in a heartbeat.Marty choked in SD last season, with Cam.

Brock
12-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Marty choked in SD last season, with Cam.

No, not really.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Marty choked in SD last season, with Cam.

Its just time to move on. I am sure Martha will make someone a decent GM ROFL but lets just move on from the Martha/Carl era and start over.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2007, 09:42 PM
No, not really.
Uh okay?

They went out in typical Martha fashion..............

snatch
12-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Marty choked in SD last season, with Cam.Did you see the QB play in that game? Rivers was horrible.

Also don;t forget... Marty did not even wear the headset so that he would not be tempted to second guess his coordinators.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Marty is snakebitten. I do not want him here as HC under ANY circumstances.

Der Flöprer
12-29-2007, 09:50 PM

I do. I think if he ever had the ability to shop for the groceries, his winter time meals would come out a lot better. I think he'd be a great coach/gm.

Brock
12-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I do. I think if he ever had the ability to shop for the groceries, his winter time meals would come out a lot better. I think he'd be a great coach/gm.

No, dude, he's "snakebitten". How's that for expert analysis?

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 09:55 PM
No, dude, he's "snakebitten". How's that for expert analysis?His post-season record speaks for itself.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
We had 10 years of Marty as HC. Why on earth would we want to go through that again?

Brock
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
We had 10 years of Marty as HC. Why on earth would we want to go through that again?

If it means being rid of Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards immediately, it's worth it.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 10:06 PM
If it means being rid of Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards immediately, it's worth it.Well, if Carl is gone, I would be to happy to care, I suppose.

Reerun_KC
12-29-2007, 10:29 PM
If it means being rid of Carl Peterson and Herm Edwards immediately, it's worth it.

Man talk about depressing... Going from one train wreck to another...

Nothing sounds sweeter that having nothing to do with Martha, Carl or Herm in the near future!

Tribal Warfare
12-29-2007, 10:30 PM

A-F*CKIN-MEN

el borracho
12-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Because those were the best ten years of the last thirty-five.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Because those were the best ten years of the last thirty-five.It was fun, but it didn't produce any championships. Ask Bob Kraft if he would be happy with 3 playoff wins in a 10-yr span.

el borracho
12-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Ok, you don't like Marty. Who do you want as the next GM?

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Ok, you don't like Marty. Who do you want as the next GM?I said I don't like Marty as HC. I would take him as GM. Although, not my 1st choice. I'd like a younger guy. Fresh.

KC Tattoo
12-29-2007, 11:37 PM
I liked Marty for his time here and think he is one hell of a coach. I think he could be a good GM even. I don't want him here unless he is the only guy that can get rid of Carl F***face Peterson. I want us to go out side of the narrow mind of Chiefs kingdome and bring in a real GM from a successfull franchise that has a clear vision and knows how to use the draft the right way. The canidate does not have to ba a GM maybe a student from a GM. I'd like the canidate to have some brass balls to make trades that fit the needs for the long term goal of winning a championship. Whatever it takes kind of guy. Somebody who has respect in the league and can build this team the right way. Somebody who gives the coach sollid players that are on the upside and not at the end of their careers. We need a guy outside this FO so that the players don't have any hard feelings about the decisions being made and the players understand that the team is in a new direction and if they want to be a part of it then they need to perform on the field.

We really need to get outside help, cus nobody in this organization knows what the hell they are doing and they all have CP cancer.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 11:41 PM
Marty put the Choke in Chokenhiemer
and the Choke in the KC Chokes

Buehler445
12-29-2007, 11:42 PM
I liked Marty for his time here and think he is one hell of a coach. I think he could be a good GM even. I don't want him here unless he is the only guy that can get rid of Carl F***face Peterson. I want us to go out side of the narrow mind of Chiefs kingdome and bring in a real GM from a successfull franchise that has a clear vision and knows how to use the draft the right way. The canidate does not have to ba a GM maybe a student from a GM. I'd like the canidate to have some brass balls to make trades that fit the needs for the long term goal of winning a championship. Whatever it takes kind of guy. Somebody who has respect in the league and can build this team the right way. Somebody who gives the coach sollid players that are on the upside and not at the end of their careers. We need a guy outside this FO so that the players don't have any hard feelings about the decisions being made and the players understand that the team is in a new direction and if they want to be a part of it then they need to perform on the field.

We really need to get outside help, cus nobody in this organization knows what the hell they are doing and they all have CP cancer.

Rep. Good post. I agree.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Marty is 64 and has a short window to work with
it would be Carl and FA hit and miss all over again

Logical
12-30-2007, 03:33 AM
You know it is scary when Brock and I are in agreement. Marty with Cam would be a sweet deal. Gun needs to be replaced as well.

Der Flöprer
12-30-2007, 05:21 AM
You know it is scary when Brock and I are in agreement. Marty with Cam would be a sweet deal. Gun needs to be replaced as well.

I'd be thrilled with just Marty. Cam would be a bonus.

StcChief
12-30-2007, 09:58 AM
PFT .... enough said

milkman
12-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Just say "NO!!!!!" to Marty.

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Get Marty back. I liked winning.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 10:04 AM
What I dont get is why Chiefs fans are afraid to move forward?

Marty is like the old girlfriend that gave a good BJ, but you always caught her banging your neighbors....

Yet you keep running back to her, while she is taking it in the ass from your best friend.

milkman
12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
It's scarier than hell when I'm in complete agreement with Reerun.

Marty is not a great talent evaluator.

He is a good teacher and motivator who gets more out of his players and coaches than should be reasonably expected during the regular season.

But he can't win in the post season because he can't get anymore from his players, especially when he coaches from a position of fear.

Baby Lee
12-30-2007, 10:12 AM
What I dont get is why Chiefs fans are afraid to move forward?

Marty is like the old girlfriend that gave a good BJ, but you always caught her banging your neighbors....

Yet you keep running back to her, while she is taking it in the ass from your best friend.
More like the girlfriend who is the best you've been with, but she won't give you anal. And since she left you, you've been pounding your pud in the basement.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 10:16 AM
More like the girlfriend who is the best you've been with, but she won't give you anal. And since she left you, you've been pounding your pud in the basement. While all your buddies are pounding her in the her basement(anal), then bragging to you about it.
Awesome!
ROFL

milkman
12-30-2007, 10:20 AM
More like the girlfriend who is the best you've been with, but she won't give you anal. And since she left you, you've been pounding your pud in the basement.

No.

More like the girlfriend that won't swallow, but rather than looking for another girlfriend who will, you pay for a hooker that used to swallow, but because she's an old bitch, she just chokes when she tries.

So then you buy a younger hooker, but hell, she not only doesn't swallow, she's a bad **** also.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 10:21 AM
No.

More like the girlfriend that won't swallow, but rather than looking for another girlfriend who will, you pay for a hooker that used to swallow, but because she's an old bitch, she just chokes when she tries.

So then you buy a younger hooker, but hell, she not only doesn't swallow, she's a bad **** also.

And to make things worse, you are paying for it!

Baby Lee
12-30-2007, 10:26 AM
No.

Whether it's won't give up the butt, or won't consume a load, either is preferable to pounding your pud, or getting blown by a choking geezer, or settling for a bad lay.

And as for reerun's analogy, if I can understand it, I don't see how other people experiencing success with Marty diminishes him, as painful as it might be for Chiefs fans.

milkman
12-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Whether it's won't give up the butt, or won't consume a load, either is preferable to pounding your pud, or getting blown by a choking geezer, or settling for a bad lay.

And as for reerun's analogy, if I can understand it, I don't see how other people experiencing success with Marty diminishes him, as painful as it might be for Chiefs fans.

The question is, do you want to go back to the girlfriend who, whatever the reason might be, left you unfulfilled, or do you want to try to move forward?

I want to move forward.

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 10:50 AM
The question is, do you want to go back to the girlfriend who, whatever the reason might be, left you unfulfilled, or do you want to try to move forward?

I want to move forward.
You mean you want to stumble through several more unproven guys until you accidentally find one? I don't have another 20 years to wait for that.

milkman
12-30-2007, 10:57 AM
You mean you want to stumble through several more unproven guys until you accidentally find one? I don't have another 20 years to wait for that.

Hell, I might not have another 20 years.

But I'd rather spend that 20 years trying.

Settling sucks ass.

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Hell, I might not have another 20 years.

But I'd rather spend that 20 years trying.

Settling sucks ass.
You didn't like winning and making the playoffs every year? I guess you're right. Let's go through 5 or 6 more Herms.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 11:03 AM
You didn't like winning and making the playoffs every year? I guess you're right. Let's go through 5 or 6 more Herms.No, we just need a GM who knows what he is doing.

milkman
12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
You didn't like winning and making the playoffs every year? I guess you're right. Let's go through 5 or 6 more Herms.

I didn't like losing in the playoffs.

I'd like to at least try to find someone that might actually win in the playoffs, and gasp get this team to the SB.