PDA

View Full Version : Who will be gone from the roster next year?

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Sorry if this a repost. I can't imagine it hasn't been discussed, but I couldn't find the thread. Anyway, Gonzo has said 20 guys could be gone. I could see Bell, Bigfoot, Dunn, Law, maybe Surtain, maybe Huard, probably Kennison, Weigman, Welbourn, Turley, and Carney. Who else?

DaneMcCloud
12-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Why cut Huard? He just signed a 3 year, $7.5 million deal. He's a fine backup.

cdcox
12-29-2007, 08:23 PM
This was a playoff team a year ago. We should stand pat.

TJR1486
12-29-2007, 08:26 PM
Sorry if this a repost. I can't imagine it hasn't been discussed, but I couldn't find the thread. Anyway, Gonzo has said 20 guys could be gone. I could see Bell, Bigfoot, Dunn, Law, maybe Surtain, maybe Huard, probably Kennison, Weigman, Welbourn, Turley, and Carney. Who else?

drummond

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot Drummond. I said Huard because he will have to go to make room for Pennington. :rolleyes:

Third Eye
12-29-2007, 08:53 PM
Grigsby and Wilson. We need a real FB.

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Of the list in the original post, the only ones who will be gone are Turley (already announced his retirement), Bell, Carney, and likely Welbourn.

Seriously....Law, Surtain, and Dunn? What's up with that?

siberian khatru
12-29-2007, 08:56 PM

That's the spirit.

Smed1065
12-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Of the list in the original post, the only ones who will be gone are Turley (already announced his retirement), Bell, Carney, and likely Welbourn.

Law because they do not make deep enough spikes for some reason.

Surtain 1 more year to develop anyone.

Third Eye
12-29-2007, 08:59 PM

I thought it was fairly certain that Weigman was going.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2007, 09:01 PM
depends on what happens with the coaching

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 09:03 PM
This was a playoff team a year ago. We should stand pat.LMAO

Davechief
12-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Law & Surtain must go in order to make room for Carlton Gray and William Bartee

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 09:14 PM
I thought it was fairly certain that Weigman was going.

Really? I didn't know that.

I admit, though, that he doesn't fit this offense. Which is not an insult, since it means that he doesn't fit one of the worst offenses in the league, but did fit the same offense when it was one of the best in the league.

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 09:20 PM
I could be wrong about Law and Surtain. But neither has played to expectations here in KC. I do believe that Law will probably be gone. Unless a good FA corner is signed, Surtain should be back, but with a paycut.

Count Alex's Losses
12-29-2007, 09:20 PM

Not sure what you mean. Law and Surtain are done. Dunn is done. They all need to GTFO.

xbarretx
12-29-2007, 09:28 PM
depends on what happens with the coaching

true-dat

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Not sure what you mean. Law and Surtain are done. Dunn is done. They all need to GTFO.

How is Dunn done, either than homophonically? Dunn is a great blocker.

And while we may have some criticisms of Surtain and Law, Surtain is nowhere close to being done. Law is getting slower and slower, so his timer may be popping out, but he's still a pretty savvy player back there.

These guys aren't done until we can replace them with someone better. I'm scanning the horizon and I don't see any cavalry.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Parker gone Webb should be gone
Fox gone

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 09:38 PM
I remember when Rod Woodson was near the end, he moved to safety and extended his career. Would Law be better ub our secondary as a safety?

Count Alex's Losses
12-29-2007, 09:39 PM
How is Dunn done, either than homophonically? Dunn is a great blocker.

Not this year. He's a shadow of what he used to be, and his body is so ****ed up. He's gone.

And while we may have some criticisms of Surtain and Law, Surtain is nowhere close to being done.

Dude, he's almost as bad as Law. Neither of them can cover anyone man to man anymore. They're both slow as hell.

Chiefs need to make a clean break and start rebuilding the corners. If we try to squeeze another year out of Surtain he's just gonna get picked on all year.

Count Alex's Losses
12-29-2007, 09:40 PM
I remember when Rod Woodson was near the end, he moved to safety and extended his career. Would Law be better ub our secondary as a safety?

No. He's a horrible tackler at this point.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 09:40 PM
The back up are Sters
and STs suck
10 draft picks so far

Count Alex's Losses
12-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Webb will be back for sure, BTW.

snatch
12-29-2007, 09:42 PM
No. He's a horrible tackler at this point.Yep. Law can;t tackle and Surtain can't cover. Not a good situation at the corners.

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Parker gone Webb should be gone
Fox gone

Parker? before this season, I would have said yes, but he has improved a lot this year. I think we may have another Joe Horn here. Horn was never much good, but improved his last year and was finally showing promise. KC let him go when his contract was up and he went on to have a great career in NO.

Count Alex's Losses
12-29-2007, 09:44 PM
LOL...Samie Parker will never be Joe Horn. He might be back but only because our depth at WR stinks.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Peterson you stupid ****
this team is going nowhere in your last two years
let your predecssor and the CHiefs move ahead
YOU ARROGANT MORONIC MOTHER ****ER

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Parker? before this season, I would have said yes, but he has improved a lot this year. I think we may have another Joe Horn here. Horn was never much good, but improved his last year and was finally showing promise. KC let him go when his contract was up and he went on to have a great career in NO.Parker MUST go.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 09:46 PM
My take
this coaching staff don't like Parker
at all

snatch
12-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Parker? before this season, I would have said yes, but he has improved a lot this year. I think we may have another Joe Horn here. Horn was never much good, but improved his last year and was finally showing promise. KC let him go when his contract was up and he went on to have a great career in NO.You are so full of shit. This season he has half the number of catches and yards he had last season.

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 09:52 PM
Parker MUST go.

Why? His play this year has given no reason to release him. Our receiver corp is not good enough to let him go. Kennison is a big question mark at this point. So is Sippio. Webb is no better. Who takes his place if he goes?

snatch
12-29-2007, 09:55 PM
Why? His play this year has given no reason to release him. Our receiver corp is not good enough to let him go. Kennison is a big question mark at this point. So is Sippio. Webb is no better. Who takes his place if he goes?
Unless Parker has a monster day tomorrow LJ will still finish the season with more catches than him. He is an afterthought on the team already. He will not be here.

Micjones
Turley, Wiegmann, Welbourn, Dunn, Kennison, Bell, Edwards (Ron), Fox, Law, Carney, Drummond and Darche...

jjchieffan
You are so full of shit. This season he has half the number of catches and yards he had last season.

I don't think that is gis fault. I don't think he has had as may balls thrown his way. He has caught a lot more consistently this year. In the past, he dropped a lot of balls. I don't think I can remember 5 dropped passes by him all year this year.

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Parker may be gone because Herm doesn't like him, but not because of his play this year. He generally played well in a limited role.

That said, he's not a guy that you want on the field in a critical situation.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Turley, Wiegmann, Welbourn, Dunn, Kennison, Bell, Edwards (Ron), Fox, Law, Carney, Drummond and Darche...

Darche isnt going anywhere.

Micjones
12-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Parker's not a guy Herm is high on. He could very well be gone, but I think he could be a solid #3. He saw a dropoff in productivity, but was more reliable than ever before...

He made some big-time catches this year.

Micjones
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Darche isnt going anywhere.

You could be right...
Long snappers can be precious, but he's certainly not bulletproof.

ChiefsCountry
12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
You could be right...
Long snappers can be precious, but he's certainly not bulletproof.

He has been solid all year, he is pretty safe.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
This flat out sucks no matter how you look at it
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/player/gamelogs/2007/493025
He did not dress @ Denver / not aware of a injury

jjchieffan
12-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Maybe the reason he hasn't dropped as many passes, is lack of opportunity to drop it. :ROFL:

blueballs
12-29-2007, 10:12 PM
It's hard to believe with him being small and fast
they didn't try him at kick offs or punt returns
he must have stunk that up in practice

Rain Man
12-29-2007, 10:26 PM
They probably had trouble teaching him which way to run on kickoffs. He would just run to the nearest end zone and spike the ball.

Buehler445
12-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Parker's not a guy Herm is high on. He could very well be gone, but I think he could be a solid #3. He saw a dropoff in productivity, but was more reliable than ever before...

He made some big-time catches this year.

Who Herm is high on doesn't matter. ****, he spent like 8 press conferences talking about how good Chris Hannon was and they promptly RELEASED his ass. Herm is completely and utterly full of shit.

EDIT: I think he should stay also. I'm stupid and we probably should fire him, but I think he can be effective if utilized effectively as long as he is notified that his job is on the line because he definitely stepped it up this year.

cdcox
12-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Parker is the 2nd best WR on the roster. Not that he is good, but with the rest of the rag-tag gang that we have, I see no way we let Parker go. Unless it is a contract year and he gets strong action from another team, which I doubt.

blueballs
12-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Now where will they go?

Parker-
Bell-Donks
Weigman-retire
Welbourn-retire
Law-Pats or retire
Surtain-
Dunn-retire
Drummon-Canada
Kennison-retire before end of '08 season
Bigfoot-

Mecca
12-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Blah Parker is a FA, there's no reason to give him another contract, not like we need him at this point.

When you're a 4 win team there's no reason to hang onto guys like that or Law or Surtain with the idea of "well we can compete so we need to keep them for another year"

xbarretx
12-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Blah Parker is a FA, there's no reason to give him another contract, not like we need him at this point.

When you're a 4 win team there's no reason to hang onto guys like that or Law or Surtain with the idea of "well we can compete so we need to keep them for another year"

unless your the Chiefs and you want to make sure you dont improve.

jjchieffan
12-30-2007, 07:34 PM
here is our list of FA's. Other than Allen, I don't see any likely priorities to re-sign other than maybe Wilkerson.

Kansas City Chiefs
Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team Current Team
FB Boomer Grigsby RFA Kansas City Chiefs
FB Travis Wilson RFA Kansas City Chiefs
WR Samie Parker UFA Kansas City Chiefs
TE Kris Wilson UFA Kansas City Chiefs
OT Chris Terry UFA Kansas City Chiefs
OT Kyle Turley UFA Kansas City Chiefs
C Casey Wiegmann UFA Kansas City Chiefs
DL Jared Allen UFA Kansas City Chiefs
DL Jimmy Wilkerson UFA Kansas City Chiefs
LB Keyaron Fox UFA Kansas City Chiefs
FS William Bartee UFA Kansas City Chiefs

Miami Dolphins

Count Alex's Losses
12-30-2007, 07:35 PM

Better find a replacement in FA then. Our WR depth stinks.

blueballs
12-30-2007, 07:38 PM
William Bartee
you have to pulling our chains

bowener
12-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Can Sippio read? Because I know he has to have some athletic ability from what he did in the dreaded arena league, but he hasnt played on O at all really. And with our crop of WR's there is no reason a guy with his athletic gifts should not be playing some on O unless he cant read and hasnt learned the full 2 pages of the offense. So is he gone?

Cochise
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Probably Kennison, Parker, Drummond, Dunn, Bell, Wiegman, Welborne, Edwards, Reed, Fox, Harris, Law, Wesley, Carney... maybe Surtain...?

jjchieffan
12-30-2007, 09:07 PM
I forogt about Burntee. I guess he is on IR. I assume that since he is a FA that Boomer will be gone too. He hasn't shown enough to warrant re-signing him as a FB.

shyguyms
12-30-2007, 09:36 PM

Carl is that you? come on out and play so we can beat you like a drum!!

J Diddy
12-30-2007, 09:51 PM
Can Sippio read? Because I know he has to have some athletic ability from what he did in the dreaded arena league, but he hasnt played on O at all really. And with our crop of WR's there is no reason a guy with his athletic gifts should not be playing some on O unless he cant read and hasnt learned the full 2 pages of the offense. So is he gone?

2 pages I can buy, in reality he needs to only know how to run 3 pass patterns

cdcox
12-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Carl is that you? come on out and play so we can beat you like a drum!!

One of these statements is true:

I'm Carl Peterson and I want to stand pat.

I'm Carl Peterson and I don't want to stand pat.

I'm Pat Bowlen and I want to stand on Carl's peter.

I'm not bowling right now.

Terribilis
12-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Now where will they go?

Parker-
Bell-Donks
Weigman-retire
Welbourn-retire
Law-Pats or retire
Surtain-
Dunn-retire
Drummon-Canada
Kennison-retire before end of '08 season
Bigfoot-
Parker will be a Redskin and tear it up

Tribal Warfare
12-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Only person I want gone is Carl Peterson, because the next guy will wipe the slate clean from top to bottom(coaches and players).

GoHuge
12-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Welbourn should be number uno. That shitty interview he gave just sealed the deal for me.

chubychecker
12-30-2007, 10:51 PM
According to previous post neither law or surtain are FA's what kind of penalty we would have letting them go, will probably play a big part on what we do with them.

Count Alex's Losses
12-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Welbourn should be number uno. That shitty interview he gave just sealed the deal for me.

What did Welbourn say?

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 11:04 PM
Welbourn should be number uno. That shitty interview he gave just sealed the deal for me.Hello?

Extra Point
12-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Half the roster is not returning. The youth movement ploy will justify another sub .500 season.

blueballs
12-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Kolby Smith is listed as an ankle injury
doesn't sound all that serious

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm not going into the bottom half of the roster, bc those guys change like most of us change underwear - daily.

Welbourn
Turley
Weigmann
Svitek
Bell
Drummond
Law
Wesley?
Reed
Dunn
Kennison

Those are cut jobs. I doubt we resign Parker, Wilson, Wilkerson, or Fox.

jjchieffan
12-30-2007, 11:52 PM
I doubt we cut Svitek. Line needs are too great, and he has been better in the RT position. Wesley played better this year. Unless they can trade him, he will probably return. Reed was just re-signed last offseason, and is decent depth. He should survive until training camp, where he will have to compete to keep his job. The rest I agree with completely.

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2007, 11:58 PM
I doubt we cut Svitek. Line needs are too great, and he has been better in the RT position. Wesley played better this year. Unless they can trade him, he will probably return. Reed was just re-signed last offseason, and is decent depth. He should survive until training camp, where he will have to compete to keep his job. The rest I agree with completely.

I say Svitek is probally a training camp outseter. I just dont see him sticking around - McIntosh, Rookie, Taylor, and Jones (who was a Herm draft pick in New York)

jjchieffan
12-31-2007, 12:03 AM
I hope you are right, because if you are, then that is a sign that we have significantly improved the line.