PDA

View Full Version : Question For The Gurus

gonzo88
07-26-2001, 01:45 PM
This may be a stupid question, but have you guys heard anything about there definitely being only two preseason games and 18 regular season games after the realignment? My friend says it is already a done deal, but I don't know if he's just repeating rumors or not.

Rausch
07-26-2001, 03:04 PM
NO IDEA....

But God I hope so! :cool:

ExtremeChief
07-26-2001, 03:07 PM
I believe your friend is mistaken. Still 16 regular season games...

ie: for the Chiefs...

6 vs. AFC West
4 vs. AFC Central (changes each year)
4 vs. NFC Central (changes each year)
2 vs. remaining conference teams that finished in same position as Chiefs in division

thats how i remember it anyway

gh4chiefs
07-26-2001, 03:20 PM
I'm with Brad, I hope so. I hate pre-season and would like more regular season games. Of course part of the reason I hate pre-season is because I'm forced to buy the two pre-season games at full price as part of my season ticket package. Burns my *** but that's just part of the deal.

Brock
07-26-2001, 04:59 PM
The season is already a marathon for the players. Adding any more games would be a mistake IMO.

One Arrowhead Dave
07-26-2001, 05:06 PM
That is the first I've heard of it. Throughout the realignment proposals/vote they never mentioned anything about 18 games.

Dave Lane
07-26-2001, 07:13 PM
Actually I like the preseason games. Only time you got to see 2/3 of the team actually play. Gives you a chance to see the Clouds, Haynes, Shays and Shehees and see if they have anything left or to give. I think DV won't be so leery of playing rookies but we will see... Our preseason should give us a good idea of progress of some of the new / rookie players. Going to be fun!!

Dave

Saggysack
07-27-2001, 12:09 AM
Never heard that before. Your friend has to be mistaken. Last I heard was the the NFL didnot want to go anywhere beyond 16 games in a regular season.

gh4chiefs
07-27-2001, 07:02 AM
The last I heard, they were in fact discussing going to an 18 game season but nothing had been decided at this time.

Ironically Dave what you like about preseason is what I hate. I don't care to see players that I'm never going to see again. I just can't make myself drive 2 1/2 hours to watch a bunch of "also rans" play football.

Cormac
07-27-2001, 08:34 AM
The 16 game scheduling format was decided upon by the owners long before the divisions were realigned. There won't be any 18 game regular seasons in the near future at least. The best thing about the realignment is the way it fits perfectly into a 16 game season. I do remember hearing rumours that some are in favour of cutting out 1-2 preseason games, but not extending the reg. season. Just what I've heard.

California Injun
07-27-2001, 08:43 AM
Were any of you around when the NFL had 6 pre-season games?

Talk about some UGLY football.:eek:

Phobia
07-27-2001, 09:00 AM
Anybody notice that Packfan nor Broncofan have clicked on this topic? I believe the whole "guru" thing scared them off.

Anybody that can't come up with a more original handle than "favoriteteamfan" has a few problems....

Phil
"Chieffan"

BroncoFan
07-27-2001, 09:06 AM
I'd like to see that happen, how long has it been since the Chiefs played 18 real games in a single season (not including the preseason)? 5,6,10 years?

gh4chiefs
07-27-2001, 09:23 AM
Just plain cutting out two preseason games would suit me just fine, Cormac. But my guess is they won't do that because of the loss of revenue. At least teams with sold out season ticket bases would be against that. They wouldn't want to give up the ticket sales revenue.