PDA

View Full Version : 16-1

el borracho
12-29-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm putting my personal hex on the Patriots. The curse is on, bitches!

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 09:40 PM
If they don't win it all now, its a colossal choke...

Bugeater
12-29-2007, 09:40 PM
You're a Chiefs fan, so your hex will probably just give them positive mojo.

btlook1
12-29-2007, 09:42 PM

Good job dude!!!

FRCDFED
12-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm putting my personal hex on the Patriots. The curse is on, bitches!If the SI curse didn't work then nothing will.

Joie
12-29-2007, 09:43 PM
You're a Chiefs fan, so your hex will probably just give them positive mojo.
I figure that's how they won tonight.

el borracho
12-29-2007, 09:48 PM
I figure that's how they won tonight.
No, I was rooting for them tonight. 2 weeks from now is a different story.

Buehler445
12-29-2007, 09:49 PM
If it works, I'm going to demand that you put the anti-hex on the Chiefs next season.

Joie
12-29-2007, 09:50 PM
No, I was rooting for them tonight. 2 weeks from now is a different story.
Oh. Well, then do your best!

Logical
12-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Not me I am rooting for them the rest of the way, nothing like a team that will actually pursue perfection actively. You have to respect and love that.

el borracho
12-29-2007, 09:54 PM
Not me I am rooting for them the rest of the way, nothing like a team that will actually pursue perfection actively. You have to respect and love that.
Do I really have to or can I just be jealous, petty and spiteful?

Logical
12-29-2007, 09:58 PM

You can be petty, jealous and spiteful but it should really be directed as anger at Clark, Carl and Herm.

Joie
12-29-2007, 09:58 PM
I plan to be jealous, petty and spiteful. Please join me.

blueballs
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
This all be happy for the Pats PC crap
is what's pussifying the American sports fan

el borracho
12-29-2007, 10:03 PM
I plan to be jealous, petty and spiteful. Please join me.
'Atta girl! I'll bring the chicken bones, you bring the blood of the innocent! We'll curse those smarmy bastards back down to our level!

SBK
12-29-2007, 10:04 PM
I'm sure the 16-0 talk will drown out the cheating.....

Bugeater
12-29-2007, 10:05 PM
You can be petty, jealous and spiteful but it should really be directed as anger at Clark, Carl and Herm.
We already tried that, it didn't work.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2007, 10:07 PM
I can't believe that there could be 2 games in these playoffs where I root for the Colts and Cowboys. I have not became the Anti- success team guy.

Bearcat
12-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I try to hate them, but then remember they once prevented a Raiders/Rams Superbowl, and then beat the Rams.

And if they don't make it to the SB this year, the Cowboys could win it... and on one wants that to happen.

el borracho
12-29-2007, 10:08 PM
I'm sure the 16-0 talk will drown out the cheating.....
Belichek should have been suspended for the season. That is why I'm going to make a voodoo doll of him and poke out his video-eye! Take that, Bill!

Joie
12-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Belichek should have been suspended for the season. That is why I'm going to make a voodoo doll of him and poke out his video-eye! Take that, Bill!
They should have had to forfeit the next Jets game, too.

BigCatDaddy
12-29-2007, 10:10 PM
I try to hate them, but then remember they once prevented a Raiders/Rams Superbowl, and then beat the Rams.

And if they don't make it to the SB this year, the Cowboys could win it... and on one wants that to happen.

It could also be that Boston seems to dominate every sport these days and it's also part of a blue state, so that's a double whammy.

Mecca
12-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I want them to do it, just so the Dolphins go away.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 10:15 PM
I want them to do it, just so the Dolphins go away.Exactly.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2007, 10:17 PM
For me, its very difficult to hate a team I want MY team to emulate.

Mecca
12-29-2007, 10:18 PM
Also I never before liked the Pats much but Randy Moss has been one of my favorite players for years, so I have much more of a soft spot for them now.

StcChief
12-29-2007, 10:18 PM
So Jacksonville/Titans are going THRU SD or the Colts
on their way to upset the Pats in NE......

el borracho
12-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Let the Vince Young era begin!

MadMax
12-29-2007, 10:19 PM
'Atta girl! I'll bring the chicken bones, you bring the blood of the innocent! We'll curse those smarmy bastards back down to our level!

I have a monkey foot you can borrow :)

Bugeater
12-29-2007, 10:21 PM

Haha, the tuck rule game. Seeing the Raiders get jobbed is up there with my favorite sports memories. And if it comes down to a Pats/Cowboys SB, I want the Pats to win. There will never be team I hate more than America's Bandwagon.

el borracho
12-29-2007, 10:22 PM
I have a monkey foot you can borrow :)
Cool! Soak it in Chinese vodka, bury it for 13 days and overnight it to me. We'll show those mother-effers!

Logical
12-29-2007, 10:25 PM
For me, its very difficult to hate a team I want MY team to emulate.
Exactly

kstater
12-29-2007, 10:47 PM
I want them to do it, just so the Dolphins go away.

Right, because the unnamed 24 hour sports network won't talk about the Patriots for the next 30 years.

Extra Point
12-29-2007, 11:16 PM
I can't wait to see a rematch in the Super Bowl, to see Coughlin get revenge over the Pats.

acesn8s
12-29-2007, 11:43 PM
And to think that Carl could have hired Bill years ago. Dammit Carl!!!

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 12:45 AM

Signed pathetic Chiefs fans.....

Nice to see jealousy running rampant across the message board tonight...

Otter
12-30-2007, 12:49 AM
I don't see a Patriot meltdown this year. I think next year teams will be paying big money to pick apart their coaching talent so while a breakup is inevitable, probably not going to happen this year.

Their just too good right now.

Indy and the Cowboys are the only teams that even have chance and they've already played. Guess where Indy is going to have to play against them.

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 12:59 AM

Really they should've been forced to forfeit the season...

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 01:01 AM
So Jacksonville/Titans are going THRU SD or the Colts
on their way to upset the Pats in NE......

Don't think so. AFC is shaping up as

1. NE
2. Colts
3. SD
4. Steelers
5. Jags
6. Bronws/Tits

So that puts Jags at STeelers and Browns or Tits at SD.

If Browns or Tits beat SD (very unlikely) then they go to NE for the divisional.

If SD wins then Pats face the winner of Steelers/Jags, which is likely the Jags IMHO. Tough game.

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 01:02 AM
I can't wait to see a rematch in the Super Bowl, to see Coughlin get revenge over the Pats.

If they couldn't win in their house, how do you figure they'll win on a neutral field?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Really they should've been forced to forfeit the season...

That's a little generous, don't you think? They should've been banned from the playoffs for 5 years. Just like college. They don't enforce it like they used too..........

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 01:03 AM
I don't see a Patriot meltdown this year. I think next year teams will be paying big money to pick apart their coaching talent so while a breakup is inevitable, probably not going to happen this year.

Their just too good right now.

Indy and the Cowboys are the only teams that even have chance and they've already played. Guess where Indy is going to have to play against them.

Sadly, perfect doesn't equal invulnerable. I'm confident of beating the Jags, though it won't be a pushover. Colts and Dallas are both worrisome. I feel alot better about the Colts due to FReeney being out, but still, that's a tough game.

Dallas won't be easy either. Last year the AFCC was clearly the real Super Bowl. I think this year that either Dallas or the Pack would put up more of a fight than any NFC team last year.

Otter
12-30-2007, 01:05 AM

Should I ever make Forbes magazine as the top wireless engineer in the game feel free to put as many asterisks next to my name as makes you feel good.

Just don't spell the name wrong.

Otter
12-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Sadly, perfect doesn't equal invulnerable. I'm confident of beating the Jags, though it won't be a pushover. Colts and Dallas are both worrisome. I feel alot better about the Colts due to FReeney being out, but still, that's a tough game.

Dallas won't be easy either. Last year the AFCC was clearly the real Super Bowl. I think this year that either Dallas or the Pack would put up more of a fight than any NFC team last year.

I was thinking quiet the opposite, Jags defense may be the wildcard that puts a lick on Brady or another key player and knocks him out while the Patriots will roll over the Colts at home. Jags defense is pretty mean.

The Cowboys or the Packers, well, you've already made it to the big game at this point. Cross that bridge when it comes but the Pats are anything but chokers when it comes to the big game.

I wouldn't be too worried either way.

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 01:16 AM
I was thinking quiet the opposite, Jags defense may be the wildcard that puts a lick on Brady or another key player and knocks him out while the Patriots will roll over the Colts at home. Jags defense is pretty mean.

The Cowboys or the Packers, well, you've already made it to the big game at this point. Cross that bridge when it comes but the Pats are anything but chokers when it comes to the big game.

I wouldn't be too worried either way.

Good as we are, you always worry as a sports fan, especially since this magical season will become very bitter indeed if we dont' finish the job.

The playoffs the last two years left a very bitter taste in our mouth, even after the 3 out of 4 championship seasons. This would be the bitterest of all if we were to lose.

Still, I'm cautiously confident. :D

Otter
12-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Good as we are, you always worry as a sports fan, especially since this magical season will become very bitter indeed if we dont' finish the job.

The playoffs the last two years left a very bitter taste in our mouth, even after the 3 out of 4 championship seasons. This would be the bitterest of all if we were to lose.

Still, I'm cautiously confident. :D

Don't blame you one bit. Soak it up (if you're not already saturated
:cuss: ) it's a good time to be a Boston Sports Fan.

KcMizzou
12-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Don't blame you one bit. Soak it up (if you're not already saturated
:cuss: ) it's a good time to be a Boston Sports Fan.Insanely good...

Nobody deserves this.

I hope the Pats lose in the playoffs... not because I have any reason to dislike them... just because in this day and age, with so-called parity... no one team should be THAT good.

djrcmay
12-30-2007, 08:09 AM
like your hex accounts for anything, get over yourself.

KC Tattoo
12-30-2007, 08:16 AM
I want the Pats to win it just for Shula to STFU

TN_Chief
12-30-2007, 08:24 AM
If they don't win it all now, its a colossal choke...Dude, WTF are you talking about? They're freakin' 16-0. If they don't win the SB it's a big-time disappointment...but "a colossal choke"? Hardly.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 08:35 AM
I want the Pats to win it just for Shula to STFUShula said he'd be the 1st to congratulate the Patriots if they win the SB. Mercury Morris has been a bit arrogant about it.

-- Mercury Morris, one of the running backs from the '72 Fins, has been a go-to guy for TV networks looking for anti-Patriots smack. For most of the season - Morris has been conspicuously silent recently - he maintained the Patriots weren't in the '72 Dolphins' atmosphere.

"Don't call me when you're in my town, when you're on my block," he said in one interview. "When I see you next door moving your furniture in, that's when I know you're going to the championship and you're about to play. And when you win it, I'll be dressed up in a tuxedo waiting on my bride."

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Dude, WTF are you talking about? They're freakin' 16-0. If they don't win the SB it's a big-time disappointment...but "a colossal choke"? Hardly.Why wouldn't it? I consider the Chiefs' '95, '97, and '03 seasons a 'colossal choke'...

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 08:37 AM
Going 16-0 and NOT winning a SB is a failure. Period.

milkman
12-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Also I never before liked the Pats much but Randy Moss has been one of my favorite players for years, so I have much more of a soft spot for them now.

Dude???

I've never given you the same kind of shit that others here have, primarily because we are often on the same page.

But Randy Moss?

He's the biggest jackass in the game.

Has anyone ever quit on a team like he did?

He makes LJ look like a team player by comparison.

TN_Chief
12-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Going 16-0 and NOT winning a SB is a failure. Period.Hey, beginning the season and not winning the SB is a failure when you're in the NFL. Period. 31 teams fail every year...including the Chiefs every year for the past 36(?) years.

So from that perspective, sure...if the Pats don't win the SB they will be a failure. 97% of the league is every year.

16-0 is an amazing accomplishment and deserving of some serious respect. I maintain my earlier assertion...for the Pats to not win the SB would be a dissapointment (and a "failure"), but to call it a "colossal choke" as you did earlier shows you know very little about football, or sports in general.

"Choking" is Greg Norman at the Masters in 1996 (blowing a 6 stroke lead on the final day), or the Oilers blowing a 35-3 lead vs. Buffalo. Virtually insurmountable leads that weren't held...that's a choke. The Pats have had narrow wins over Indy, Baltimore and the Giants this season. There are other teams that are capable of playing with them, it's just that to this point the Pats have found a way to squeak out some points in dire circumstances. The Pats losing to the Dolphins in week 16 would have been a "choke"...losing to a solid team in the playoffs or SB wouldn't be. It would be a disappointment...a promise not fulfilled.

Mecca
12-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Dude???

I've never given you the same kind of shit that others here have, primarily because we are often on the same page.

But Randy Moss?

He's the biggest jackass in the game.

Has anyone ever quit on a team like he did?

He makes LJ look like a team player by comparison.

He's also extremely amusing.......

Not to mention the most physically gifted WR to ever play the game, oh and a HOFer.

I must admit the people who are like "oh they should have had to forfeit" and all that is funny shit. It's the nature of this country, you're the underdog people love you. You are the absolute very best, everyone is jealous and hates you.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey, beginning the season and not winning the SB is a failure when you're in the NFL. Period. 31 teams fail every year...including the Chiefs every year for the past 36(?) years.

So from that perspective, sure...if the Pats don't win the SB they will be a failure. 97% of the league is every year.

16-0 is an amazing accomplishment and deserving of some serious respect. I maintain my earlier assertion...for the Pats to not win the SB would be a dissapointment (and a "failure"), but to call it a "colossal choke" as you did earlier shows you know very little about football, or sports in general.

"Choking" is Greg Norman at the Masters in 1996 (blowing a 6 stroke lead on the final day), or the Oilers blowing a 35-3 lead vs. Buffalo. Virtually insurmountable leads that weren't held...that's a choke. The Pats have had narrow wins over Indy, Baltimore and the Giants this season. There are other teams that are capable of playing with them, it's just that to this point the Pats have found a way to squeak out some points in dire circumstances. The Pats losing to the Dolphins in week 16 would have been a "choke"...losing to a solid team in the playoffs or SB wouldn't be. It would be a disappointment...a promise not fulfilled.FAILURE.

Joie
12-30-2007, 12:21 PM
He's also extremely amusing.......

Not to mention the most physically gifted WR to ever play the game, oh and a HOFer.

I must admit the people who are like "oh they should have had to forfeit" and all that is funny shit. It's the nature of this country, you're the underdog people love you. You are the absolute very best, everyone is jealous and hates you.
When a kid cheats, they lose the game. It's only fair. A little fine and loss of a first round draft pick is like telling the kid "Oh, don't do it again, but you can still win, and here I'll help you." How the hell are they supposed to learn a lesson? It's favortism at it's worst.

Mecca
12-30-2007, 12:25 PM
They aren't gonna take away wins, they just won't do it. It doesn't matter what team it is, when the Broncos got fined and draft picks taken for the salary cap issues did they get any wins taken away...no.

el borracho
12-30-2007, 12:25 PM
It doesn't get more wrong than cheating at the coaching level after being warned by the league.

Iowanian
12-30-2007, 12:34 PM
It would please me to see the Pats KO'd in their first playoff opportunity.

Joie
12-30-2007, 12:36 PM
They aren't gonna take away wins, they just won't do it. It doesn't matter what team it is, when the Broncos got fined and draft picks taken for the salary cap issues did they get any wins taken away...no.
I never said they should take a win away. I said that they should have had to forfeit their next game against the Jets....as in not playing it at all and allowing the Jets to have some redemption. And I felt that way as soon as it happened.....before the friggin cheaters went 16-0.