PDA

View Full Version : Woot - Slingbox $69

Buck
12-30-2007, 12:51 AM
Its refurbished, dont know how much they normally cost, but I think its a good deal.

www.woot.com

Mr. Flopnuts
12-30-2007, 03:07 AM
http://www.google.com/products?q=Sling+Media+SB240-100+Slingbox-AV&btnG=Search+Products

Sure-Oz
12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
wtf is a sling box for

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 11:37 AM
wtf is a sling box for
allows you to watch television over the internet

DaFace
12-30-2007, 12:26 PM
wtf is a sling box for

It's for allowing me to watch every Chiefs game this season from Denver.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 01:09 PM
wtf is a sling box forI bet it was uncomfortable under that rock...
:)

Buck
12-30-2007, 02:06 PM
I hope this damn thing works for my Verizon Voyager. I heard the slingbox works for the EVDO network, which Verizon has, but I can't find anywhere if it specifically works w/ the Voyager.

unlurking
12-30-2007, 03:55 PM
wtf is a sling box for
Medical recovery devices for sprained twats.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 04:52 PM
can you hook it back up to your tv?

example

KC home > tv signal connect to slingbox > connect to internet

florida home > connected to internet > connected to television watching KC feed?

or do you have to watch it on laptop or something?

DaFace
12-30-2007, 07:48 PM
can you hook it back up to your tv?

example

KC home > tv signal connect to slingbox > connect to internet

florida home > connected to internet > connected to television watching KC feed?

or do you have to watch it on laptop or something?

The software runs on a computer, so the only way you'd get it back out to a TV is if you've got a video out card on your laptop or other computer.

Not to mention that, despite its greatness, the slingbox is limited by your home computer's upload bandwidth, so the picture's not the greatest. Think SopCast stream, but slightly better and without the skips. That's slingbox. Blowing the screen up on a real TV would probably look pretty crappy.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 07:54 PM
The software runs on a computer, so the only way you'd get it back out to a TV is if you've got a video out card on your laptop or other computer.

Not to mention that, despite its greatness, the slingbox is limited by your home computer's upload bandwidth, so the picture's not the greatest. Think SopCast stream, but slightly better and without the skips. That's slingbox. Blowing the screen up on a real TV would probably look pretty crappy.
figures ......... they wouldn't want stuff to actually be usable, then they couldn't fleece more money out of us.

DaFace
12-30-2007, 08:02 PM
figures ......... they wouldn't want stuff to actually be usable, then they couldn't fleece more money out of us.

Eh, it works great for what it does. I don't mind watching games on my PC while I chat/gripe on the Planet. But to get a picture better than that, you'd need a pretty good upload pipe on the "home" end.

My guess is that they'd start getting into deep doggie doo if they put out a receiver to connect directly to a PC. Its advertised use is to watch your home TV channels while you're traveling (legal). What you're talking about is using one location's cable subscription to power a subscription in another location (illegal). Granted, that's basically what a lot of people do, but it'd be pretty hard to hide the latter purpose if they put out a direct-to-tv receiver.