PDA

View Full Version : Packfan...Questioning Chiefs fan loyalty?!?!

aturnis
07-26-2001, 04:11 PM
I wont say anything about his football knowledge until he says something stupid ie "the Chiefs fans are the most loyal in the NFL..." Originally Posted by Packfan...

How can you question the fact that we are the most loyal fans in the NFL? Do the years upon years of leading the NFL in game attendance bypass you? or is it more of a.........."If I don't hear it its not true! (fingers in ears) Lalalalalala!"

Fellow Chiefs fans what is your opinion on Packfans "temporary case of ignorance?"

ExtremeChief
07-26-2001, 04:13 PM
what gives you the idea it's temporary?????

Packfan
07-27-2001, 08:27 AM
Aturnis,

I base my opinion on facts. The fact is, Chief fans abandon their team in droves when they are not winning. The last two home games last year had thousands of empty seats. Ditto for the seasons before. And when the Chiefs REALLY stunk in the 80's, nobody showed up.

Look up attendance figures and you will see what I mean. Also, check out some of the posts on this board and its clear that many of these fans only started following the Chiefs in the 90s.

California Injun
07-27-2001, 08:38 AM
Packfan,

I'm pretty sure the reason Chiefs fans didn't show up in the 80s was because of Carl Peterson.

I seem the recall Carl mentioning something to this effect in the early 80s when he was at UCLA.

Could you verfiy this for me?

Dartgod
07-27-2001, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Packfan
Also, check out some of the posts on this board and its clear that many of these fans only started following the Chiefs in the 90s.

What posts are you talking about Ken? How about you give us some examples. I'm sure you have some since you base your opinion on facts.

Phobia
07-27-2001, 09:03 AM
Dartgod,

I'm pretty sure some of the posts by Aturnis prove he's only been a Chiefs fans since the 90's. But then, he's only 17.

I dunno which other posts packfan is talking about - Maybe he's referring to me. I've only been a fan since 88/89 timeframe....

Dartgod
07-27-2001, 09:15 AM
Well I know he's not talking about me. I have suffered through many many losing seasons in the 80's. I used to go to a lot of games then too because tickets were so easy to get. Hell you could wait until 30 minutes before gametime to leave for the stadium and be in your seats by kickoff. Now I've had season tickets for 12 years now and will never give them up.

But Ken somehow equates those lean years with "fans leaving in droves" now because we're not winning. If that's the case then why are these same fans buying over 70,000 season tickets every year?

stevieray
07-27-2001, 09:17 AM
Bob, it's because they don't "know" football.

Dartgod
07-27-2001, 09:22 AM
I forgot we're idiots for supporting a team ran by Carl Peterson, yet fairweather fans if we don't .

I'm soooooo confused!

Luzap
07-27-2001, 10:07 AM
Packfan claims that you can't be a real fan unless you've followed the team since before the '90s

Packfan claims to be a Chiefs fan

Luz
how long has packfan been a chiefs fan???...

Otter
07-27-2001, 10:13 AM
The last two home games last year had thousands of empty seats.

After all the mistakes made last year by that freak show of a coaching staff some protest was needed.

Protesting your disgust by not showing up for some games for mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake of stooge stupidity is not the same as abandonding your team.

You must live in a black and white world Ken.

milkman
07-27-2001, 10:20 AM
To expand on DartGod's post.
We are fairweather fans if we don't support the team, with th 80's as proof, but gullible and easily manipulated fans if we support our team, with the 90's as proof.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
07-27-2001, 11:25 AM
Outside of some kind of morbid enjoyment, why do you all insist on allowing Ken to get anyone riled up? I could tell after a few months on the KC Star board all the football knowledge Ken had :rolleyes: and habitually cruised right past his comments.

The IGNORE button here has made my life so much more enjoyable as his inane ramblings and pseudo-intellectual personal attacks are completely invisible to me.:D

Why you insist on feeding the trolls, I'll never understand.:confused:

Dartgod
07-27-2001, 11:28 AM
Ohhhhh, you’ve done it now MCF. Ken will be on here telling everyone what a wussy you are for using the ignore feature.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
07-27-2001, 11:36 AM
Dartgod...

Sticks and stones
May break my bones,
but what I can't see
can't annoy me

:D

Packfan
07-27-2001, 04:03 PM
Fellas,

The facts speak for themselves. Chief fans do not support a loser. Its not an opinion, its a fact. Its that simple.

Tribal Warfare
07-27-2001, 05:19 PM
Chief fans push for a winner, and the reason why we're the loudest fans in league. We want our team to win!!!!

Dartgod
07-27-2001, 05:19 PM
Again, please provide the "facts" you're refering to. I say 73,000 season ticket holders and a 97% renewal rate indicate we do support the Chiefs.

Please prove me wrong Ken.

PunkinDrublic
07-27-2001, 09:13 PM
Of course Packer games are going to sell out every home game. I mean what else are you going to do on Sundays in a redneck town like Green Bay, race snowmobiles? Packer fans do get my vote for having the most butt-ugly women.

KS Smitty
07-27-2001, 09:25 PM
Some info....we still had better attendance last year than any other year except 99. Before the great GRbacle. Anyway it doesn't look like anyone's deserting the chiefs, or if they are there's someone to replace them. Although the stadium wasn't sold out in the 80's there were still diehard fans at everygame, and diehard fans across the country.

Seating

Football 79,451
Prices
(Mean) $45.50, $39.50, $36.50, $35.50, $33.50
($38.02) - 1998
Luxury Suites 80 Suites
Club Seats 10,199
Attendance History

Season Total Capacity Change
2000 626,974 98.6% -0.4%
1999 629,545 99% 6.88%
1998 589,038 93% -3%
1997 610,192 96% -0.1%
1996 610,616 96% -1.5%
1995 620,180 98% 1%
1994 613,870 97% 1.3%
1993 606,222 95% 4.2%

Sources:Team Marketing Report and Mediaventures

Link: http://www.sfo.com/~csuppes/NFL/misc/index.htm?../KansasCityChiefs/index.htm

Dartgod
07-27-2001, 10:17 PM
More proof that the Chiefs are being supported even though there has been little if no success (especially during the post-season).

Ken will point out that Arrowhead was a ghost town during the 80's, but he has to go back 12-13 years to prove his point with "facts". A dozen or so years of non support out of 35+ years of existance doesn't support his argument, however.

Logical
07-28-2001, 12:42 AM
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan

I too have engaged the ignore feature and find that in this case ignorance is bliss. Punking Packfan was a fun but not very challenging gesture. Ignoring him has been a good choice.

aturnis
07-28-2001, 05:50 AM
Although I am young.....only 18 now, you forgot I just celebrated a b-day the 7th, I have been a fan for years. I was 'placed' here by my aunt from KC, but I think it was the will of god. My mom told me that at my first christmas, my aunt gave me little Chiefs onzies or whatever, bibs, and all sorts of stuff, and I wore the sweatsuites as a toddler. I do know though, that I actually started watching them religiously when I was 4 though I don't remember everything, to me it was pry just win or lose. I know that DT's rookie year he was instantly my favorite player of the team after he did so much that season......I have a home video of me on game-day wearing a t-shirt my mom made using puff-paint to add Thomas's name and # to the shirt b/c she said she couldn't find the jersey here in bum-f*ck-Iowa(I still love it here:D ) and my daddy says to me......

Dad "Who's playing today?"
Me "Tha Chiefs!!!"
Dad "Are they gonna win?"
Me "YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!"

Aren't I cute?........NAH!!!

But I don't know if those years of blind faith count.....especially since I can't remember anything til I was pry 8 or something. But since I learned all the rules and follow closely.....yeah that is the 90's. Internet has helped ALOT to make me a better fan. I remember when I first got the internet I always got on and read the Chiefs/Opponent history and past stat thing they always did, and even if it looked better for the other team, I swore by my Chiefs.

FUDGE-PACKERFAN!

If the fans aren't loyal.......how is Carl able to sell tickets to a venue across the street to watch the game on the teletron or whatever they call it? Do the Packers sell-out the stadium and then proceed to fill another venue? Do any other teams?

NaptownChief
07-28-2001, 12:07 PM
Packfan,

If somebody who lives in the middle of BFE goes shopping every week to the same grocery store cause it is the only one within 300 miles, does that really speak to their loyalty? or just their options.....

Kinda like the Packers, eh....

California Injun
07-28-2001, 12:24 PM
And what is the capacity of Lambeau?

Packer fans are so gullible that they agreed to buy "season" tickets in the 80s yet only got to see 4-5 games at Lambeau as they split the home season between Milwaukee.

They are also dumb enough to purchase stock in the team and pony up for PSLs for RENOVATING that rat trap in Lambeau.

They let the best coach since Lombardi go to Seattle because their idiotic GM was an egomaniac. Wolfie compounds this mistake by hiring Rhodes (disaster) and then Mike Sherman (armaggeddon). THEN he grabs a life preservor and jumps ship leaving the team to take on water.

BTW: "How's Mike Sherman doing these days?"

Yet, Packers fans continue to show up in droves and this means they are supportive?

Do those PSLs come with a free coupon to purchase grape Kool-Aid?