PDA

View Full Version : Would you want Marty back?

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 09:03 AM
If so, in what capacity?

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Where is the F*ck NO option?

poll is skewed...

wazu
12-30-2007, 09:07 AM
Where is the F*ck NO option?

poll is skewed...

No kidding. Why don't we just name Greg Robinson as our HC while we're at it?

siberian khatru
12-30-2007, 09:08 AM
No.

Hiring Marty was the best move Carl made. Marty is a terrific regular season coach who is outstanding at quickly turning around moribund teams.

However, I believe Marty would simply take us to where we've already been.

It's time for this organization to cut all its ties to the recent (20-year) past. Stop living in the 1990s. The 90s were the best Chiefs football since the 60s, but it wasn't good enough. We need to look forward and bring in fresh, innovative minds who can reconstitute the Chiefs in their own image -- hopefully, a championship one.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 09:08 AM
poll is skewed...Ouch! That would hurt...

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I'd be OK with him returning as GM. Not my 1st choice. I'd rather have a young guy with fresh ideas.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Ouch! That would hurt...
Sorry, sinus headache this am.... No on my "A" game...

but you get the gist of it?

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 09:11 AM
No kidding. Why don't we just name Greg Robinson as our HC while we're at it?Well, Greg is/was a horrible coach.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 09:13 AM
Like I said in the OTHER Marty thread...

What I dont get is why Chiefs fans are afraid to move forward?

Marty is like the old girlfriend that gave a good BJ, but you always caught her banging your neighbors....

Yet you keep running back to her, while she is taking it in the ass from your best friend.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 09:15 AM
There are some people around here that would welcome Marty. Not me, I'd like a completely different direction. I'd be OK with him as GM because that means Carl would be gone.

KC Tattoo
12-30-2007, 09:18 AM
NO to Marty unless he is the only guy to OUT Carl F***face Peterson.

STOP living in the past people, lets look for the future and bring in somebody from outside the Chiefs to bring in fresh ideas and has a pedigree in building from the draft and that meens getting the best players in the draft not reaching for them.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 09:19 AM
NO to Marty unless he is the only guy to OUT Carl F***face Peterson.

STOP living in the past people, lets look for the future and bring in somebody from outside the Chiefs to bring in fresh ideas and has a pedigree in building from the draft and that meens getting the best players in the draft not reaching for them.

:bravo:

QFT

Easy 6
12-30-2007, 09:22 AM
No.

Hiring Marty was the best move Carl made. Marty is a terrific regular season coach who is outstanding at quickly turning around moribund teams.

However, I believe Marty would simply take us to where we've already been.

It's time for this organization to cut all its ties to the recent (20-year) past. Stop living in the 1990s. The 90s were the best Chiefs football since the 60s, but it wasn't good enough. We need to look forward and bring in fresh, innovative minds who can reconstitute the Chiefs in their own image -- hopefully, a championship one.

That sums up my thoughts...if theres going to be a change made at GM or HC, lets move forward & not go "Back to the Future".

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 09:24 AM
That sums up my thoughts...if theres going to be a change made at GM or HC, lets move forward & not go "Back to the Future".

Just dont get why Chiefs fans are afraid to move on?

Buehler445
12-30-2007, 09:25 AM

Marty is like the old girlfriend that gave a good BJ, but you always caught her banging your neighbors....

Yet you keep running back to her, while she is taking it in the ass from your best friend.

ROFL Nice analogy. I totally agree with you. I think the Chiefs organization is stale and static. I would like to get a dynamic guy. It doesn't need to be a young guy, but a dynamic one. Even with Parcells, I got the feeling that he was kinda stuck in the 90s too. I think objectivity and the ability to put your ego aside and try something new if it appears to work and you have the talent to execute it is very important. Moreover, the long term vision to develop a winner.

I think above all that, though, I would want a GM that lets the coach coach. I think we are all fairly certain that Carl does not do that. I'd imagine Marty wouldn't do that either, simply because he would think he knows more about coaching than the coach.

All that being said, if my ONLY two options were Carl and Marty, I choose Marty simply because it is a change, and it seems to me that change is absolutely necessary for the Kansas City Chiefs at this juncture.

JMO

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 09:25 AM
No. I'd rather stab around in the dark and go through 5 or 6 more regimes looking for a proven guy. Even though it could take another 20 years. Note to Anti Marty guys: The KC job is not a plum. Belichik and Parcells types are not going to come here.

KC Tattoo
12-30-2007, 09:30 AM
I can't get no satisfaction

Kerberos
12-30-2007, 09:33 AM
Sidewinder/Milkman in 5...4...3...2...1

milkman
12-30-2007, 09:43 AM
Sidewinder/Milkman in 5...4...3...2...1

Everyone already knows how I feel about Marty.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 09:46 AM
Everyone already knows how I feel about Marty.Elaborate, some of the new guys are unaware...
:)

Gonzo
12-30-2007, 09:52 AM
Marty gives us a false sense of security...Kind of like a pork fat sammich in Auschwitz.
You feel good for a while until the other shoe finally drops.

milkman
12-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Elaborate, some of the new guys are unaware...

You just want a Marty rant.

Let just say trhis.

Marty can lick Gaz's hairy balls.

I'm assuming that Gaz has hairy balls.
Hell for that matter, I'm assuming Gaz has balls, though that might even be questionable.

Cochise
12-30-2007, 10:18 AM
I think that when Marty went to San Diego, we saw what he really wanted to be, and not what he was with the talent he had here. He didn't run employ the R2P2. They had what looked to me to be a fairly balanced offense. Marty lost playoff games there that they all but earned because of missed kicks.

I think Marty has either evolved or he finally had the talent in San Diego to coach the way he wanted to. We could do a lot worse. I'd certainly take him over Herm.

crazycoffey
12-30-2007, 10:21 AM

you too?

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 10:22 AM
BigChiefDave is teh poll n00b :shake:

crazycoffey
12-30-2007, 10:23 AM
I'd see Marty back as GM

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Elaborate, some of the new guys are unaware...
We don't need that. Milkman hates everybody. He didn't like The Beatles for God's sake.

milkman
12-30-2007, 10:24 AM
I think that when Marty went to San Diego, we saw what he really wanted to be, and not what he was with the talent he had here. He didn't run employ the R2P2. They had what looked to me to be a fairly balanced offense. Marty lost playoff games there that they all but earned because of missed kicks.

I think Marty has either evolved or he finally had the talent in San Diego to coach the way he wanted to. We could do a lot worse. I'd certainly take him over Herm.

Well, hell, even I would take Marty over Herman ****ing Edwards.

But if I go to a party, and the girls there are all ugly, I'm not going to ask any of them to dance.

I'm going to find another party.

crazycoffey
12-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Day one of Marty's GM tenure and he's already more successful than that other guy we've had for over the last two decades...

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2007, 10:27 AM

And it was Herm Freaking Edwards that beat him in the playoffs.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 11:41 AM
And it was Herm Freaking Edwards that beat him in the playoffs.

Big Freaking Deal, it was like watching a cripple fight...

That was the poorest coached game in the history of the NFL...

Pathetic at best....

Kerberos
12-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, hell, even I would take Marty over Herman ****ing Edwards.

But if I go to a party, and the girls there are all ugly, I'm not going to ask any of them to dance.

I'm going to find another party.
How ugly is "Too Ugly" not to let one of them slob the knob?

Marty would be sloppy seconds to Herm at this point in the party but much more satisfying in the long run.

el borracho
12-30-2007, 12:34 PM
I would take Marty as HC or GM (but not both, obviously). How many franchises has Marty resurrected? 3? 4? And we are in desperate need. If we keep Carl and Herm we are probably a 7 or 8 win team next year.

el borracho
12-30-2007, 12:35 PM

[sigh] I miss that girl...

RibKing67
12-30-2007, 12:42 PM
I know I have said this B4 but its high time Chief Fans need to quit living in the past and maybe just maybe think about getting someone that has NEVER been associated with this organization....FRESH IDEAS anyone?
Need I remind you Marty cant go all the way. What is the difference between losing in the playoffs with Marty or losing in the playoffs with Marty?
If he cant manage LT and crew in SD to the big one, what in you wildest wet dream makes you think he can do it here? oh what he has been here and could not do it. Come on people.

blueballs
12-30-2007, 12:43 PM
To vote Marty
is a vote for Carl

milkman
12-30-2007, 12:44 PM
I know I have said this B4 but its high time Chief Fans need to quit living in the past and maybe just maybe think about getting someone that has NEVER been associated with this organization....FRESH IDEAS anyone?
Need I remind you Marty cant go all the way. What is the difference between losing in the playoffs with Marty or losing in the playoffs with Marty?
If he cant manage LT and crew in SD to the big one, what in you wildest wet dream makes you think he can do it here? oh what he has been here and could not do it. Come on people.

You've said this before?

I agree with you, but I have one burning question.

Who the hell are you?

RibKing67
12-30-2007, 12:47 PM
You've said this before?

I agree with you, but I have one burning question.

Who the hell are you?

I am just a fan with an opinion.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 12:50 PM
[sigh] I miss that girl...

She is wearing me out... I will send her back to your house in a bit...

Reerun_KC

Nice take!

Skip Towne
Where are we going to find this guy with FRESH IDEAS? Lombardi and Stram are dead.

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Where are we going to find this guy with FRESH IDEAS? Lombardi and Stram are dead.

What is funny, you are old enough to have seen them work their way up through the ranks of coaching......

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
What is funny, you are old enough to have seen them work their way up through the ranks of coaching......
Yeah, that's pretty funny.

milkman
12-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I am just a fan with an opinion.

Sorry.

never seen you here, so I had to ask.

FringeNC
12-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Marty wouldn't be my first choice by a long-shot, but Marty vs. the current stooges we have now? No-brainer.

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Marty wouldn't be my first choice by a long-shot, but Marty vs. the current stooges we have now? No-brainer.
Who is your first choice?

FringeNC
12-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Who is your first choice?

For GM, it's hard to know who exactly is available. I'd throw money at Ron Wolf, and see if he'd take the on an interim basis, and groom his successor.

For HC, Jason Garrett.

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 01:09 PM
For GM, it's hard to know who exactly is available. I'd throw money at Ron Wolf, and see if he'd take the on an interim basis, and groom his successor.

For HC, Jason Garrett.
You seriously think Garrett would come to KC? Good luck with that. And KC isn't a good NFL job. It will be very tough to find any proven coach or GM to come here.

Buehler445
12-30-2007, 01:12 PM
You seriously think Garrett would come to KC? Good luck with that. And KC isn't a good NFL job. It will be very tough to find any proven coach or GM to come here.

I would think it would be vastly improved without Carl.

Skip Towne
12-30-2007, 01:31 PM
I would think it would be vastly improved without Carl.
It would greatly improve our chances for sure.

Baby Lee
12-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Reerun's vision of the Chiefs:

New Coach: Yeah. No, no, no, wait a minute, I always have tuna on toast. Nothing's ever worked out for me with tuna on toast. I want the complete opposite of on toast. Chicken salad, on rye, un-toasted with a side of potato salad ... and a cup of tea. (laughs)

New Coach: [to SB] Excuse me, uh I couldn't help but notice that you were looking in my direction.

Super Bowl: Oh, yes I was, you just ordered the same exact lunch as me.

(New Coach takes a deep breath)

New Coach: My name is new Coach. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.

Super Bowl: I'm Super Bowl. Hi.

melbar
12-30-2007, 02:02 PM
Where is the hell ya option?

Reerun_KC
12-31-2007, 11:30 AM
Reerun's vision of the Chiefs:

New Coach: Yeah. No, no, no, wait a minute, I always have tuna on toast. Nothing's ever worked out for me with tuna on toast. I want the complete opposite of on toast. Chicken salad, on rye, un-toasted with a side of potato salad ... and a cup of tea. (laughs)

New Coach: [to SB] Excuse me, uh I couldn't help but notice that you were looking in my direction.

Super Bowl: Oh, yes I was, you just ordered the same exact lunch as me.

(New Coach takes a deep breath)

New Coach: My name is new Coach. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.

Super Bowl: I'm Super Bowl. Hi.

Um, I ordered the soup, not the salad...