PDA

View Full Version : Did the Pats go 16-0 this season?

Dartgod
12-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I've been trying to catch it on the NFL pre-game shows this morning, but no one is saying anything about it.

So did they beat the Giants last night and go 16-0?

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Not a word about it...

jidar
12-30-2007, 10:09 AM
it's like everybody forgot they were playing.

KCHawg
12-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah they won

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 10:10 AM
I think Tom Brady threw a few TD passes this season.

Bowser
12-30-2007, 10:10 AM
lol

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah they wonBoy, your sarcasm meter is turned WAY up...

Bowser
I think Tom Brady threw a few TD passes this season.

What's just as impressive is how many picks he threw. 5 or 6? Unreal.

Skip Towne
:shrug:

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 10:12 AM
What's just as impressive is how many picks he threw. 5 or 6? Unreal.Yes, he shouldv'e been benched...

Lzen
12-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah they won

You apparently haven't been around the Planet enough.

http://www.retro.com/employees/lee/Ani/SarcasmMeter2.gif

Cochise
12-30-2007, 10:14 AM
I think ESPN has been showing their postgame non-stop since the game ended 12 hours ago.

Bowser
12-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Yes, he shouldv'e been benched...

I'm surprised Peyton Manning didn't hire a hitman to take out Brady's knee with a lead pipe.

HonestChieffan
12-30-2007, 10:15 AM
according to Orange Mange that Brady aint squat compared to Cutler

Brock
12-30-2007, 10:16 AM
tony romo lent them a fraction of his power.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm surprised Peyton Manning didn't hire a hitman to take out Brady's knee with a lead pipe. Jeff Gillooly was busy...

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 10:18 AM
according to Orange Mange that Brady aint squat compared to CutlerOf couser not, Cutler>Christ...

crazycoffey
12-30-2007, 10:18 AM
according to Orange Mange that Brady aint squat compared to Cutler

can you imagine what that team would be like with a more naturaly talented QB like Cutler, or Leinart, or even Croyle. With that line/WRs/OC - Brady just barely has to show up.

After all we know only elite players get drafted on the first day...

JohninGpt
12-30-2007, 10:19 AM
There was a game last night? What channel?

RJ
12-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Will today's games still be played?

banyon
12-30-2007, 10:33 AM
You apparently haven't been around the Planet enough.

http://www.retro.com/employees/lee/Ani/SarcasmMeter2.gif

Oh, a sarcasm meter? That's really useful.

:p

Dylan
12-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Congratulations to the Patriots! Great team.

PHOG
12-30-2007, 11:11 AM
I've been trying to catch it on the NFL pre-game shows this morning, but no one is saying anything about it.

So did they beat the Giants last night and go 16-0?

News to me. :ZZZ:

Dylan
12-30-2007, 11:12 AM
What was your favorite play of the game?

Mine was when Wilford blatantly poked Jacobs in the eye in front of the refs.

Wait, wait wait!

How about the ref calling Toomer out of bounds -- while he was still standing on the sidelines? Roll the tape!

Wait, wait, wait!

How about 4th and 1 when Moss pushed off on Webster right in front of the ref?

Wait, wait, wait!

Another favorite was illegal contact by the Patriots that kept a touchdown drive alive in the first quarter

And all this took place in front of Roger Goodell.

Did the refs bet on the game? Maybe the NFL should clean up their shi$ like the NBA is doing.

Yours truly,

The Giants and Ravens

GO GIANTS!! :bravo:

kcfanXIII
12-30-2007, 11:14 AM
its funny, when i first saw this thread, i was like "how could you not know this?" the sarcasm went right over my head.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 11:16 AM
didn't the patriots sign some receiver this last offseason?

kstater
12-30-2007, 11:17 AM
What was your favorite play of the game?

Mine was when Wilford blatantly poked Jacobs in the eye in front of the refs.

Wait, wait wait!

How about the ref calling Toomer out of bounds -- while he was still standing on the sidelines? Roll the tape!

Wait, wait, wait!

How about 4th and 1 when Moss pushed off on Webster right in front of the ref?

Wait, wait, wait!

Another favorite was illegal contact by the Patriots that kept a touchdown drive alive in the first quarter

And all this took place in front of Roger Goodell.

Did the refs bet on the game? Maybe the NFL should clean up their shi$ like the NBA is doing.

Yours truly,

The Giants and Ravens

GO GIANTS!! :bravo:

You forgot the Personal Foul against Toomer for watching the Pat's player trip.

aturnis
Not trying to be a dick or anything... but you were on the internet when you posted this question... :stupid: Just kidding and sorry ahead of time...

RNR
didn't the patriots sign some receiver this last offseason?
:cuss: :banghead: errrr.....not that I know of.

Dylan
12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
You forgot the Personal Foul against Toomer for watching the Pat's player trip.

I think I did include it... let me look! ROFL I'll think of some others, I'm sure

Thanks you

forgot "the foul" lol

that is some shi$ right there... unreal ... lol

milkman
12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
How was Bledsoe's game?

JohninGpt
12-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I wouldn't be too upset about it, I mean, what good is a reciever without someone that can, you know, throw him the ball.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 11:21 AM
i wouldn't feel too bad, Moss is a front running bitch .......

... and since the Faiders are never in the front, it was pretty much a doomed situation from the start. :fire:

milkman
12-30-2007, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't be too upset about it, I mean, what good is a reciever without someone that can, you know, throw him the ball.

Not to change the direction of this thread, but what good is a quiiter like that bitch anyway?

Sure, he's having a great season, but I personally wouldn't want that useless bitch on my team.

I hope he has a knee taken out before the Pats get to the SB.

Thig Lyfe
12-30-2007, 11:22 AM
They went 16-0 in exchange for a 4th round draft pick.

RNR
12-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Well thats just a ugly and hurtful thing to say....true...but....errr....I got nothing :shake:

Thig Lyfe
12-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Sure, he's having a great season, but I personally wouldn't want that useless bitch on my team.

Your and idiot.

Randy Moss is obviously the best WR in the game when he doesn't have to put up with Al Davis.

kcfanXIII
12-30-2007, 11:24 AM
i love how people are hating on the pats. blaming the refs for giving the game to them. lets not forget eli manning choking in the fourth quarter, or the giants D-line losing its push in the second half. as for calling moss for a push off, well lets just say thats nothing new. all receivers do it, on just about every play, and its only called a fraction of the time.

the pats are 16-0, get over it.

BigMeatballDave
12-30-2007, 11:26 AM
How was Bledsoe's game?Steve Grogan started...

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Your and idiot.

Randy Moss is obviously the best WR in the game when he doesn't have to put up with Al Davis.
or the vikings

reality check unless he's on a team that is winning, and surrounded by guys that keep him in check, he's a whiny gunt.

Dylan
12-30-2007, 11:27 AM
What good is having a great WR if he's not allowed to pushoff in the NFL? lol

Moss is amazing, no doubt about it... a cocky SOB

I didn't care for the remark Moss make about Jerry Rice.

JohninGpt
12-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Well thats just a ugly and hurtful thing to say....true...but....errr....I got nothing :shake:
Not that we are in any better shape in that department.

milkman
12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Your and idiot.

Yeah.

He had to put up with Al Davis the season before in Minn when he quit on the Vikings too, huh?

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
i love how people are hating on the pats. blaming the refs for giving the game to them. lets not forget eli manning choking in the fourth quarter, or the giants D-line losing its push in the second half. as for calling moss for a push off, well lets just say thats nothing new. all receivers do it, on just about every play, and its only called a fraction of the time.

spoken like a true Chiefs fan?! :spock:

milkman
12-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Steve Grogan started...

What happened to Jim Plunkett?

RNR
12-30-2007, 11:29 AM
I understand Oakland has been a train wreck, and it is hard to blame Moss for wanting out. I never liked the jerk and hated having him on the team. It just sucks to see him and Owens getting rewarded for being assholes.

Thig Lyfe
12-30-2007, 11:30 AM
or the vikings

reality check unless he's on a team that is winning, and surrounded by guys that keep him in check, he's a whiny gunt.

Uh, when did he play poorly for the Vikings?

Check his statline. 10+ touchdowns every year but one and 69+ receptions every year but one.

milkman
12-30-2007, 11:30 AM
or the vikings

Can you imagine how great he would be in KC this season?

kcfanXIII
12-30-2007, 11:32 AM
What good is having a WR if he's not allowed to pushoff in the NFL? lol

Moss is amazing, no doubt about it... a cocky SOB

I didn't care for the remark Moss make about Jerry Rice.

have gochiefs make a tony gonzalez highlight film. i would say he pushed off to some extent on at least half his routes. its just the way the game is played. the nfl is in love with offense, hence the emphasis on the illegal contact and def pass interference. if it wants to cut down on scoring, then and only then will you see this rule enforced fairly and balanced across the board.

i didn't hear what he said about rice, link?

Dylan
12-30-2007, 11:32 AM

Let's not forget the Giants would have won if the refs were not afraid to upset the Patriots perfect 16-0 record. The Ravens will also agree

Replay the tape.

Thig Lyfe
12-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah.

He had to put up with Al Davis the season before in Minn when he quit on the Vikings too, huh?

If you wouldn't want Randy Moss on the Chiefs, you don't care that much about winning.

Give him what he wants and he'll gave you a 90 catch, 15 touchdown season. I could give a shit if he's not a great guy.

kcfanXIII
12-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Let's not forget the Giants would have won the if the refs were not afraid to upset the Patriots perfect 16-0 record

maybe i saw it differently because i'm not a hater, but i thought it was called fairly. best "meaningless" game ever maybe.

milkman
12-30-2007, 11:38 AM
If you wouldn't want Randy Moss on the Chiefs, you don't care that much about winning.

Give him what he wants and he'll gave you a 90 catch, 15 touchdown season. I could give a shit if he's not a great guy.

And the second things start to go sour, Randy Moss quits.

He's a whiney ass bitch.

I'm not a big fan of Tony Gonzalez, but through all the years, good and bad, he gives 100% effort.

That is the kind of player that I want on my team.

You can talk all about talent, and I understand that you can't win without it.

But I want character and heart also.

Randy Moss can suck your ass for all I care.

Pablo
12-30-2007, 11:40 AM
You know, I haven't heard much about the Pats all season.

Sorry buddy, guess I'll have to dig deep and wrangle up some info on 'em.

xbarretx
12-30-2007, 11:41 AM
maybe i saw it differently because i'm not a hater, but i thought it was called fairly. best "meaningless" game ever maybe.

yep, and "it wont mean a thing b/c they wont get that ring" this year.

Pats wil get bumped in the playoffs.

JohninGpt
12-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Let's not forget the Giants would have won if the refs were not afraid to upset the Patriots perfect 16-0 record. The Ravens will also agree

Replay the tape.
Somebody says the same crap after any loss by any team.

xbarretx
12-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Somebody says the same crap after any loss by any team.

ROFL LMAO :shake:

Bob Dole
12-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Tony Romo!

JohninGpt
12-30-2007, 11:43 AM
yep, and "it wont mean a thing b/c they wont get that ring" this year.

Pats wil get bumped in the playoffs.
Good chance. If Eli and the Giants could put up 36 on them, big brother and the Colts should be able to knock them off.

Pablo
12-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Tony Romo!counted to infinity twice.

Dylan
12-30-2007, 11:46 AM
I don't hate the Patriots. Seriously, I don't hate any NFL team.

Girls don't hate... :D

But you can't deny the fact that the refs are responsible for not calling obvious penalties on the Patriots this season.

Joie
12-30-2007, 11:47 AM

Sure, I'll "get over it" just like Herm ordered us to "get over" his bad coaching and the shitty season the Chiefs are having.

Thanks for the advice, Dumbass!

Wait....wait.....Herm????....I'm surprised you'd dare to show up here!

Dylan
12-30-2007, 11:52 AM
"Get over it" -- that was a bad choice of words

I agree, Joie :thumb:

JohninGpt
12-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't hate the Patriots. Seriously, I don't hate any NFL team.

But you can't deny the fact that the refs are responsible for not calling obvious penalties on the Patriots this season.
I think officiating has been crappy across the board. I haven't watched many Patriots games, but I've seen a lot of bad calls period.
As for the game last night:
The eye poke - didn't NE get a 15 yd penalty on that play for something else? You can only be penalized once per play.
How about the excessive celebration that lead to the Giants kickoff return?
Not saying officiating was good, but I'm not convinced it was biased.

Dylan
12-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I think officiating has been crappy across the board. I haven't watched many Patriots games, but I've seen a lot of bad calls period.
The eye poke - didn't NE get a 15 yd penalty on that play for something else? You can only be penalized once per play.

No... nothing

Dylan
12-30-2007, 12:09 PM
lets not forget eli manning choking in the fourth quarter,

I've watched Manning play every Giants game. Manning did not choke last night. He had one INT followed by his 4th TD.

I know all too well when Manning chokes in a game -- last night wasn't one of them. Eli played brilliant against the Patriots 16-0 team.

This was one of the best games of the season and I'm so proud of the Giants. And I'm proud of Tom Coughlin for giving football fans a thrilling game to remember.

Like Amani Toomer said, "We covered the spread."

* Let me switch Moss's pushoff to Moss's leg whip in front of the ref. lol

xbarretx
12-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Good chance. If Eli and the Giants could put up 36 on them, big brother and the Colts should be able to knock them off.

or i think it would be better for a wildcard to do the job. however, Colts doing would be poetic justice :clap:

Mecca
12-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Yea that Randy Moss guy, he really sucks....only going to the HOF, probably the most physically gifted WR we'll ever see.

Dylan
12-30-2007, 12:21 PM
Moss is amazing -- do you think he's better than Jerry Rice?

I don't know...

Pablo
12-30-2007, 12:23 PM

I don't know...No, nor do I expect the same sort of longevity out of him.

milkman
12-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Yea that Randy Moss guy, he really sucks....only going to the HOF, probably the most physically gifted WR we'll ever see.

Nobody is aguing about his talent.

But as team player, he makes LJ look like Tony Richardson, by camparison.

If he were a Chief this year, he would be sucking ass and bithing and crying like the little ****ing bitch he is.

Mecca
12-30-2007, 12:28 PM
He's more physically gifted than Rice ever was....he's also never had the benefit of playing with HOF QB's for 20 years like Rice did.

Pablo
12-30-2007, 12:29 PM
He's more physically gifted than Rice ever was....he's also never had the benefit of playing with HOF QB's for 20 years like Rice did.He didn't really play too many seasons with scrubs, aside from his days with the Raiders.

kcfanXIII
12-30-2007, 12:29 PM
umm, do you think maybe i said get over it as a joke?? too soon? sorry about that.

Dylan
12-30-2007, 12:30 PM
No, nor do I expect the same sort of longevity out of him.

wow... thanks!

Ari ümlaüt
12-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Steve Grogan started...

Duh masses... it was Tony Eason.

Pablo
12-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Duh masses... it was Tony Eason.Whatever, bluetooth guy.

Joie
12-30-2007, 12:32 PM
umm, do you think maybe i said get over it as a joke?? too soon? sorry about that.
I considered that, but it's like rubbing salt in an open wound. I had to say something. :mad:

Sorry about calling you Herm :)

Dylan
12-30-2007, 12:35 PM
He's more physically gifted than Rice ever was....he's also never had the benefit of playing with HOF QB's for 20 years like Rice did.

Moss laid down for the Raiders.

Rice was still giving it his all until he retired.

Rice play for the Jets early 90s????

Mecca
12-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I just think it's funny how people think Rice is this awesome guy...he was on good teams every single year until the year the Raiders imploded....

Then he exploded when they didn't get him a catch in that game to extend his record....

Joie
12-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Moss laid down for the Raiders.

Rice was still giving it his all until he retired.

Rice play for the Jets early 90s????
Rice was with the 49ers in the early 90's and until he went to Oakland.

Mecca
12-30-2007, 12:40 PM
Rice will have a fit if he sees his records get broken, seeing as he hung around for extra years to try to set them to the point that they wouldn't be.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Uh, when did he play poorly for the Vikings?

Check his statline. 10+ touchdowns every year but one and 69+ receptions every year but one.
and yet they traded him :hmmm:

Mecca
12-30-2007, 01:11 PM
and yet they traded him :hmmm:

Looking back that probably wasn't the smartest of moves.

mlyonsd
12-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Ask yourself this, would either Rice or Moss be as good as they were if they were playing for Edwards/Solari?

They both are very gifted and have/had the benefit of being on good teams with real QB's. It's all timing.

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 11:01 PM

Replay the tape.

Spare me the whining. It's pathetic.

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 11:02 PM

Like they did when we played them in THEIR house?

Oh, right, never mind...

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 11:04 PM

First, not true -- unsportsmanlike penalties can stack.

Second, no penalty on that play -- the refs obviously didn't see that one. I expect Wilfork to get a well-deserved FedEx from NFL Headquarters this week. That was extremely unpleasant to see. He needs to lose that.

Amnorix
12-30-2007, 11:05 PM

I don't know...

Most physically gifted player ever to play WR in the NFL. If you were to ask God to design the perfect WR, he'd basically just point to Moss.

Rice is the GOAT however. His work ethic, focus, drive and determination made him the best WR ever.

Guru
12-30-2007, 11:09 PM
Hey, lets all become Pats fans. They are sure to lose then.

BucEyedPea
12-30-2007, 11:11 PM
First, not true -- unsportsmanlike penalties can stack.

Second, no penalty on that play -- the refs obviously didn't see that one. I expect Wilfork to get a well-deserved FedEx from NFL Headquarters this week. That was extremely unpleasant to see. He needs to lose that.
Not to mention Rodney...of all of the Pats to be cocky last night. Geesh! He coulda cost them the game.