PDA

View Full Version : Sammy Knight

Buehler445
12-30-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm watching the Houston/Jacksonville game, and the announcers said that Sammy has 4 INTs and leads the team in tackles. That leads me to 2 questions:

1. Has anyone watched enough Jacksonville games to see if Sammy is any good or did they just throw that stat out here?

2. If the answer to #1 is "yes, Sammy is playing well," What the hell does that say about the Chiefs. Could it be that the coaching/overall environment for the Chiefs is bad enough to ruin decent players?

I was pretty sure Sammy was washed up, but it appears he still has some left.

doomy3
12-30-2007, 11:29 AM
I thought Sammy played well here, but everyone wanted "Bonecrusher" to get his chance.

That's part of the rebuilding process. You may have to get rid of a guy who can still play to get the younger guys some time.

BTW, he plays for Jacksonville, not Houston

Simplex3
You have any doubt that Herm is an idiot and mis-uses players?

blueballs
Sammy is with the Jags
you n00b

Buehler445
12-30-2007, 11:30 AM
BTW, he plays for Jacksonville, not Houston

I'm a toolbox.

Buehler445
12-30-2007, 11:31 AM
You have any doubt that Herm is an idiot and mis-uses players?

No, but Sammy was here for quite awhile and IMO, didn't show much.

blueballs
12-30-2007, 11:31 AM
A good defense can cover up a poor/slow player
Sammy would lose a sprint with a sea turtle

Buehler445
12-30-2007, 11:33 AM
A good Defense can cover up a poor/slow player

I had considered that, but if he is the leading tackler, he's gotta be doing something right.

BWillie
This is what everybody wanted. A rebuilding year. We get rid of Sammy, bench Wesley,...let Page and Pollard both start and you people bitch. This is what you all wanted. A rebuilding year. Herm and Carl gave it to you. I hope you all are happy now.

milkman
A good Defense can cover up a poor/slow player

Wow, a post from blueballs that makes sense.

Knight is a player that needs to be surrounded by talent elsewhere so that his weakness isn't exposed.

Jax has that talent.

thebrad84
Sammy Knight leads the Jags in total tackles (91) and total solo tackles (78), while also having 4 INTS and 1 FF on the year. Not bad for a washed up has been...or so some have claimed before..

blueballs
12-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Sammy lost a foot race with Eric Hicks

OnTheWarpath58
I'd say that it helps that he's surrounded by Rashean Mathis, Brian Williams and Reggie Nelson.

FringeNC
This is what everybody wanted. A rebuilding year. We get rid of Sammy, bench Wesley,...let Page and Pollard both start and you people bitch. This is what you all wanted. A rebuilding year. Herm and Carl gave it to you. I hope you all are happy now.

I thought we all wanted Croyle starting from day one and we DIDN'T get it.

doomy3

Exactly.

doomy3
12-30-2007, 11:37 AM
I thought we all wanted Croyle starting from day one and we DIDN'T get it.

Because Croyle has certainly lit the world on fire when given his opportunity.

I can just see it now. If we would have let Damon walk last year and he signs with Carolina or Atlanta or one of the other many franchises that would love to have him, and he is playing well while Brodie struggled here, there would be threads just like this that had to do with Huard.

Buehler445
12-30-2007, 11:39 AM

I'm not bitching. Sammy wasn't getting it done here. I'm not at all suggesting that we should have kept him. My question was if Sammy is decent and couldn't play well here, what does that say about the Chiefs?

thebrad84
12-30-2007, 11:39 AM
And just so you know, Pollard has 79 Total, 67 solo, 2 INTS, 1 FF, and 1 recorded sack this year...

Reerun_KC
12-30-2007, 11:40 AM
Because Croyle has certainly lit the world on fire when given his opportunity.

I can just see it now. If we would have let Damon walk last year and he signs with Carolina or Atlanta or one of the other many franchises that would love to have him, and he is playing well while Brodie struggled here, there would be threads just like this that had to do with Huard.

Problem was nobody wanted Horrid... Not one team went after him and he resigned with the Chiefs before he even tested FA... He knew he had no value, therefore take what you can get without being exposed to lesser money.

blueballs
12-30-2007, 11:41 AM
How is Knight in blocked punts

milkman
12-30-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm not bitching. Sammy wasn't getting it done here. I'm not at all suggesting that we should have kept him. My question was if Sammy is decent and couldn't play well here, what does that say about the Chiefs?

It tells you that the Chiefs lack of talent on defense exposed Knight's lack of speed.

Poor coaching doesn't help either.

UteChief
12-30-2007, 11:42 AM
I have watched a few Jags games, I like the team an Gerrard was my QB in ff. Sammy has been playing pretty damn good. There were a few times when I asked myself what the hell the Chiefs were doing. Not by letting him go but by not using their players skills.

Buehler445
12-30-2007, 11:44 AM
It tells you that the Chiefs lack of talent on defense exposed Knight's lack of speed.

Poor coaching doesn't help either.

That's pretty much what I was looking for.

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Sammy played well here ...... with better players around him he would be a productive savvy veteran.

we teh suk ........

P.S goonther really isn't a very good Coordinator

kcfanXIII
12-30-2007, 01:01 PM
let me just say this. this was not a rebuilding year. it was not HERL'S plan from the get-go. they only made it a rebuilding year when we lost 5 straight, and were eleminated from playoff contention. if you disagree, try to remember hard knocks, when they were in the meeting room discussing who was going to start at qb. carl is quite stern, saying "we're going to try to win the division"

so don't spit your revisionist history at us when we start bitching about poor performances. should we have started the season with rebuilding in mind? yes. does signing damon huard, donnie edwards (don't get me wrong, im happy he's back in kc) eddie drummond, nappy harris, and continuing to start the fall down twins ty law, and patrick surtain say rebuilding? no, carl just started spitting that crap AFTER it was obvious he fielded a terrible team.

milkman
12-30-2007, 01:20 PM
add Kawika Mitchell to that...he was the NFC defensive player of the week last week. Has DJ ever had that dominating a game in the nfl?

vonnie holiday has done alright since leaving the chiefs,
and so has scott fujita
http://www.nfl.com/players/scottfujita/profile?id=FUJ296636

Add that to the fact that our D has underachieved this yr, and yeah it makes me think that our coaching isnt doing a good enough job.

So are people beginning to realize what I've been saying for years?

Gunther cunningham is a dumbass that has no business running an NFL defense.

jAZ
12-30-2007, 01:23 PM
I had considered that, but if he is the leading tackler, he's gotta be doing something right.
Mike Maslowski was our leading tackler.

splatbass
12-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Problem was nobody wanted Horrid... Not one team went after him and he resigned with the Chiefs before he even tested FA... He knew he had no value, therefore take what you can get without being exposed to lesser money.

Make up your mind. Either no other team went after him, or he signed before he tested the FA waters. If he signed before FA then no team had a chance to go after him and we have no way of knowing how many would have.

It's this kind of shoddy logic that makes you wrong so often.

doomy3
12-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Make up your mind. Either no other team went after him, or he signed before he tested the FA waters. If he signed before FA then no team had a chance to go after him and we have no way of knowing how many would have.

Exactly. And if anyone really believes the Falcons, Panthers, Niners, Bears wouldn't love to have Huard, you're crazy.

milkman
01-01-2008, 08:10 AM

It's true that Huard signed before he "tested" the FA market.

However, the word from NFL observers was that there would be little interest in Huard.

If they knew that, then he and his agent had to be aware of that also.

Exactly. And if anyone really believes the Falcons, Panthers, Niners, Bears wouldn't love to have Huard, you're crazy.

All of those teams, with the possible exception of the Bears, thought they had QBs in place at the time.

Even the Bears thought they could work with Grossman and Greise.