PDA

View Full Version : Socom PS2 question

dtebbe
12-30-2007, 07:39 PM
I am new to online gaming, and was just goofing around with Socom Navy seals (the original) and I really suck at it. I can't set my controls slowed down enough to aim well. Any one here "been there, done that" and have some tips on controller setups. Some of these guys in these rooms must either live eat and breathe this crap, or have some sort of cheat. I get smoked about every time.

DT

Mr. Flopnuts
12-30-2007, 10:22 PM
I am new to online gaming, and was just goofing around with Socom Navy seals (the original) and I really suck at it. I can't set my controls slowed down enough to aim well. Any one here "been there, done that" and have some tips on controller setups. Some of these guys in these rooms must either live eat and breathe this crap, or have some sort of cheat. I get smoked about every time.

DT

I played that game for weeks. Only played it online too. Here's the deal. You're just gonna get killed for about a week. You'll get better with practice. You can't get better playing offline, or anything else. Take your lumps, and you'll get better for sure. I got really good at that game after a couple of weeks, and I'd never played a game like that before it.

TinyEvel
12-31-2007, 12:45 AM
I agreed with FLopnuts. I was geting pwned repeatedly in COD4 on PS3. Now I almost always place in the top 3 in free-for-all.

pr_capone
12-31-2007, 01:14 AM
I *HATED* Socom on-line.

Buncha faigs running and jumping the entire game. Campers and hax0rs. It is not a real military experiance on-line.... its just a cluster f00k.

Actually.... this was the game that turned me to PC gaming for FPS.

Wa-Z
12-31-2007, 02:50 AM
People still play it?!

JBucc
12-31-2007, 08:25 AM
Give up.

dtebbe
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
People still play it?!

Yes, it's pretty amazing. We were in game stop exchanging a game for my son last week, and I saw it on the used table for $2.99. I've never really played any of the newer shooter games, so I thought what the hell, it's worth $3. I never dreamed the online section would still be active, and there are always games going. Already got my $3 worth for sure. As frustrating as it is getting pwned, I can see why people spend hours playing that $hit :)

Last night I was playing terrorist and hiding in a room that I booby trapped with claymores. When a couple guys would come in the room I'd pull the ol sucide bomber on them.... pretty fun.

DT

TinyEvel
12-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Last night I was playing terrorist and hiding in a room that I booby trapped with claymores. When a couple guys would come in the room I'd pull the ol sucide bomber on them.... pretty fun.

DT

ROFL

I got bored with COD4 one night and opened a new user called "geehadmartyr" and I run into rooms with a cooked grenade in my hand.

I also run to the center of the town quare and jump up and down firing my AK into the air, until I get wasted. The killcam on those is pretty damn funny.

JBucc
12-31-2007, 12:33 PM
If your really bored, go into split screen old school mode and find a map with cars, then stand on top of them and blow them up. You'll go flying 50 feet into the air.

Or go into hardcore mode online and rpg your team at the start. Then spend the next few rounds watching everyone on your team kill you and each other.

Fishpicker
12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
flopnuts is right, your just going to have to endure getting owned for a while. once you are fully acclimated to the controls and maps it will be easier.

I have one suggestion for you though. turn the aim sensitivity up. (never down) get used to making slight adjustments manually. the controls are gradual so you should practice using very light/slight moves with the thumbstick. the reason other players draw a bead on you so much faster is because they have their aim sensitivity on high or near max. you can use strafing to compensate if you are unable to put the bead on the target when you turn.

Wa-Z
01-01-2008, 08:39 PM
ROFL

I got bored with COD4 one night and opened a new user called "geehadmartyr" and I run into rooms with a cooked grenade in my hand.

I also run to the center of the town quare and jump up and down firing my AK into the air, until I get wasted. The killcam on those is pretty damn funny.

Lol Tiny...have you given up already?! :p