PDA

View Full Version : Peterson says he and Edwards will return...

petegz28
12-30-2007, 10:20 PM
After Chiefs end season with ninth straight loss, Peterson says he and Edwards will return

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/424562.html

“There will be no changes,” Peterson said. “I’m still under the same contract. I’m here and will be here in my current capacity.

“Clark and I have had conversations. We talk every day or almost every day. We have a plan, and we’re implementing that plan. He’s on board with that plan and embraces it. He’s as disappointed as anybody, but he’s not discouraged.”

:banghead:

Tribal Warfare
12-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Right off the '08 season then

Dave Lane
Mother****er!

Dave

petegz28
Write off the '08 season then

fyp

Guru
12-30-2007, 10:23 PM
I'll believe it when I hear from Clark.

beavis
12-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Well, it's official then. I'm now a Patriots fan.

Guru
12-30-2007, 10:25 PM
OH, and how soon before the ticket prices go up again for the outstanding future of the organization under Carl?

petegz28
12-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Carl what you don't understand is no one wants you back.

Looks like there will be lots of blackouts next season.

Direckshun
12-30-2007, 10:26 PM
So we really are going to have to wait Peterson out two more futile years.

Yeesh.

dj56dt58
12-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Shit..back to the store for some more JD

Guru
Carl what you don't understand is no one wants you back.

Looks like there will be lots of blackouts next season.
He enjoys being booed in public.

siberian khatru
No surprise.

Nothing to see here, move along.

petegz28
“We would have liked to have won this one. For all of us, it’s just been excruciating. Nine consecutive losses? That’s unacceptable. I will agree with my head coach that we’re not going to get discouraged. We’ll have a plan. That plan is already in the works. It has been for the past couple of years.”

WTF? What plan dumb ass? A couple years and we still have no FB and has beens o the o-line?

You can't make this shit up!!!

DaneMcCloud
I can't believe anyone's actually surprised

ROYC75
12-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Well this gives me a head start to call DTV and not renew my Sunday Ticket for next year. 4321

NashvilleRock.net
12-30-2007, 10:28 PM
This absolutely blows! It seems like Clark must be thinking, "Well, he's only got 2 years left, why fire him now". The fact is, they are going to lose so much of the fanbase because of this, their will be lots of damage done in that time. If Clark wants the fans to feel secure in this team, he needs to take action now. Sitting back is really sending the wrong message.

unothadeal
12-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards presents.........
THE PLAN

petegz28
“What is unique with Herm is that he is a head coach, the first one that I’ve had with the Chiefs, that embraces playing young players and building through the draft and taking the lumps that go with it,” Peterson said. “We need to get younger and we’ll continue to do that.

Huard, Weigman, Turley and Welbourne = young players?

Mr. Flopnuts
I'll believe it when I hear from Clark.

That was my first thought as well. Then I sadly realized that Carl would NEVER make that kind of a claim unless it'd already been confirmed for him. I don't think Clark would be an asshole like that and sell him out. All we can hope for I guess is that he was pissed with the way Gunther was let go and plans on returning the favor. A little imposed Karma if you will. Longshot wet dream at best.

chiefsfan1963
12-30-2007, 10:30 PM
the season hasn't started yet and my prediction has already come true.

2008 is already a bust!

Rebuilding my ass!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to 2009 only if CP and his staff are gone. :banghead:

blueballs
12-30-2007, 10:31 PM
KILL THE MESSENGER

jjchieffan
“We would have liked to have won this one. For all of us, it’s just been excruciating. Nine consecutive losses? That’s unacceptable. I will agree with my head coach that we’re not going to get discouraged. We’ll have a plan. That plan is already in the works. It has been for the past couple of years.”

So I guess the plan was to make the Chiefs a laughing stock? If so, then great job you bafoon!

KCChiefsFan88
“Clark and I have had conversations. We talk every day or almost every day. We have a plan, and we’re implementing that plan. He’s on board with that plan and embraces it. He’s as disappointed as anybody, but he’s not discouraged.”

A plan?? A PLAN??? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA that is a riot.

What exactly is the plan? To build with youth? What do you call playing Priest Holmes over Kolby Smith or Starting Hutard for half the season over Croyle? To build an offense that goes against the modern trends of a successful NFL offense which is to spread the field and utilize an aggressive passing game? (Herm has already accomplished that)

This franchise is a laughingstock

KC Tattoo
summ bitch

UteChief
12-30-2007, 10:32 PM
Time to look for a second team to follow.

KCFalcon59
12-30-2007, 10:32 PM
This makes me sick to my stomach. I just want Carl and Herm gone. I have no faith that they can improve this team in any way.

Bugeater
12-30-2007, 10:33 PM
I can't believe anyone's actually surprised
I'm not. In fact I would be absolutely friggin' floored if Carl or Herm got canned.

RJ
12-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, dang.

unothadeal
If the plan has already been in place for a couple years, wouldn't a 4-12 season be a good indication that it is not a good plan

L.A. Chieffan
YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!

ChiefsFanatic
“What is unique with Herm is that he is a head coach, the first one that I’ve had with the Chiefs, that embraces playing young players and building through the draft and taking the lumps that go with it,” Peterson said. “We need to get younger and we’ll continue to do that.

Huard, Weigman, Turley and Welbourne = young players?

Don't forget Law and Surtain.

Guru
12-30-2007, 10:35 PM
The only thing that will send a message to ownership is to NOT renew your season tickets people.

siberian khatru
12-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Carl: "I've evaluated myself as I do every year and concluded there's not a human being on Earth who could do a better job resurrecting this franchise that I destroyed. So yes, Kansas City, I will be here to finish what I started. Forever. MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

beavis
12-30-2007, 10:36 PM
If the plan has already been in place for a couple years, wouldn't a 4-12 season be a good indication that it is not a good plan
How dare you question Carl.

KCChiefsFan88
12-30-2007, 10:37 PM
The only hope left is the fact that Clark Hunt has been very quiet recently and hasn't come out and said Dictator Carl and Herm are my guys.

I keep remembering what Jack Steadman said about Clark not being like his father in the sense that he won't be as patient as Lamar was. That statement carries some weight coming from Steadman.

siberian khatru
12-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Clark Hunt: "I kinda, sorta asked Mr. Peterson what he thought I should do. And after he poured himself a scotch, Mr. Peterson walked up to me, put his nose to mine and said, 'Skippy, if your dad didn't have THE BALLS to destroy me, then you sure as hell don't either. Now get out of my office.' So, um, I did."

BigRock
12-30-2007, 10:39 PM
What do you expect Carl to say? "Yeah, I'm probably getting fired. Boy, did I f**k this one up."

ChiefsCountry
What do you expect Carl to say? "Yeah, I'm probably getting fired. Boy, did I f**k this one up."

No kidding, that is a PR spin job in the paper by Peterson.

Guru
We really are becoming the Cubs fans. Blind loyalty.

petegz28
12-30-2007, 10:40 PM

Carl should resign after the poorest showing in his 5-18 year plan.

Frazod
12-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Well this gives me a head start to call DTV and not renew my Sunday Ticket for next year. 4321

Same here.

4321 Carl and Herm

ChiefsCountry
Carl should resign after the poorest showing in his 5-18 year plan.

Would you quit your job if you sucked ass one year? I'm not trying to be a Carl appoliqst but come on just think about it terms of your job.

OnTheWarpath58

Really.

But people are setting themselves up for a HUGE disappointment if they actually think Carl will be let go. Because he didn't make those statements intending to step down or change roles.

petegz28
12-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Would you quit your job if you sucked ass one year? I'm not trying to be a Carl appoliqst but come on just think about it terms of your job.

1 year? Son no one has ever been a GM this long in the NFL without going to the SB. They either went or were replaced.

Get the **** out of here with that shit

Al Bundy
12-30-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm glad I'm a Buccaneers fan...

Guru
Really.

But people are setting themselves up for a HUGE disappointment if they actually think Carl will be let go. Because he didn't make those statements intending to step down or change roles.
I don't know anyone that enjoys hatred as much as Carl. He must be the Devil!!!!

ROYC75
Carl : " We have a plan " !

Herm :You play to win the game !

Fans : Why didn't they think like that this year ?

Extra Point
12-30-2007, 10:44 PM
The only hope left is the fact that Clark Hunt has been very quiet recently and hasn't come out and said Dictator Carl and Herm are my guys.

I keep remembering what Jack Steadman said about Clark not being like his father in the sense that he won't be as patient as Lamar was. That statement carries some weight coming from Steadman.

How long was Steadman in the org? That carries a lot of (dead) weight, too.

Tribal Warfare
12-30-2007, 10:44 PM
He must be the Devil!!!!

I've been saying that for years

Al Bundy
12-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Seriously...? You think this is his 1st bad year? His tenure should have come to an end in 2000.

L.A. Chieffan
12-30-2007, 10:45 PM
JOKES AND JOKES AND JOKES AND JOKES

Cochise
12-30-2007, 10:46 PM
No surprise

We're captive until Carl decides to retire himself

blueballs
12-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Water is wet - The sun is hot
ect
ect

KCChiefsFan88
12-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Clark to Dictator Carl... YOUR FIRED ASSHOLE

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/12/30/23/559-CHIEFSJETS1_SP_123007_DRE_136f_12-31-2007_9T10FKJ7.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Seriously...? You think this is his 1st bad year? His tenure should have come to an end in 2000.

No its not. I have said before 1998 is when I would have cleaned house. I'm just saying if you had a really really bad year at work would you quit or make management fire you.

OnTheWarpath58
12-30-2007, 10:49 PM
No surprise

We're captive until Carl decides to retire himself

Exactly.

I think it's funny watching people melt down over this.

Stevie Wonder could have saw this coming a mile away.

KCChiefsFan88
12-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Another gem from the middle-finger-to-the-fanbase department...

“Certainly Clark is involved,” Peterson said. “But the Hunt family is not one that is going to get out there and express their views and emotions all the time. Clark has his thoughts and he expresses them to me, but it’s just not his way to make them public all the time. He doesn’t feel a need to make a comment every single time.”

So Clark doesn't feel the need to make a public statement to the fanbase after this pathetic excuse of a season... wonderful.

kstater
12-30-2007, 10:51 PM
No, no, no,

This is all just a nightmare. Carl didn't really say that. Carl wasn't even in Kansas City today.

Woodrow Call
12-30-2007, 10:51 PM
2 more of years. Best I can hope for is a revamped offensive coaching staff and a couple of solid drafts for the next GM/HC.

PastorMikH
12-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Unfortuanately, the last coach that went 4-11 had to do it in back to back years to get canned.

Guru
12-30-2007, 10:56 PM
Exactly.

I think it's funny watching people melt down over this.

Stevie Wonder could have saw this coming a mile away.
WE all saw it coming. Doesn't mean we can't have a Planet Meltdown over it for the night though.
geez!!!! :rolleyes:

Extra Point
12-30-2007, 10:58 PM
http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2007/12/30/23/559-CHIEFSJETS1_SP_123007_DRE_136f_12-31-2007_9T10FKJ7.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

"I'm telling you, Clark, I don't smell a thing."

BigRock
12-30-2007, 11:00 PM
So Clark doesn't feel the need to make a public statement to the fanbase after this pathetic excuse of a season... wonderful.
Except Clark already said he was going to.

Bugeater
12-30-2007, 11:01 PM
WE all saw it coming. Doesn't mean we can't have a Planet Meltdown over it for the night though.
geez!!!! :rolleyes:
You know what...you're absolutely right!

http://rofl.wheresthebeef.co.uk/Outrage.jpg

KCChiefsFan88
12-30-2007, 11:03 PM
Except Clark already said he was going to.

When? And it will be a legit press conference with REAL reporters or will it be via a Chiefs controlled medium such as kcchiefs.com or Wargarbage Illustrated.

Douche Baggins
12-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Wargarbage Illustrated.

Would you please get over this? This week I will offer up grades on the Chiefs players, coaches and front office personnel and you will have nothing left to stand on when I rip most of them.

BigRock
12-30-2007, 11:09 PM
When? And it will be a legit press conference with REAL reporters or will it be via a Chiefs controlled medium such as kcchiefs.com or Wargarbage Illustrated.
I don't recall it being said that there would be a press conference at all, just that he'd say something.

As for when, I'd imagine it'll be sometime after Clark finishes getting washed by the soaped-up nude bodies of teenage Asian girls and dries himself off with $500 bills.

MadMax
12-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Another gem from the middle-finger-to-the-fanbase department...

“Certainly Clark is involved,” Peterson said. “But the Hunt family is not one that is going to get out there and express their views and emotions all the time. Clark has his thoughts and he expresses them to me, but it’s just not his way to make them public all the time. He doesn’t feel a need to make a comment every single time.”

When Meester Clark Kent sheds the " sleepers " Ill pay attention

Agent V
12-30-2007, 11:11 PM
I guess I just had high hopes with all the talk of the changes to come, but so far all I've heard is:

Carl: "Herm and I are staying. Nothing's changing."

And

Herm: (on the coaching staff) "Well, yeah, IF I decide to change things..."

RedThat
12-30-2007, 11:15 PM
I've lost interest in this team. That's it!!! IM DONE!!!!!!

NO MORE!!!!!! I actually feel like sticking my head out the window and shouting a big FFFFFFFFF!!!

Im tired of this crap. This organization sucks AND SUCKS HARD!!!!!!

What team in the league rewards the worst coach in the league, and retains a terribly underachieving GM????

you want a safe job, come to KC where the job security is as safe can be? as long as you can make the cash register go CHA CHING!!!!! you're fine!!!!!

This sucks, total mistreatment to the fans. Carl says he will evaluate himself if he feels he doesn't do a good job....Yeah ok! FULL OF IT!! If you didn't re-sign before, you gonna do it now? He prolly knows the fans don't like him? Now he says he will be back????? That a big tease and a total prick towards the fans

I heard around here Clark wants to win...he says he will make comments after the season is done...Please!!! This team is a FRIK'NN Joke!!! Im throughly convinced he doesn't have the FRIKK'NN sack to come out speak up and address to the fans or do what is right and help build this team to an actual winner!!!!

Peterson is the puppet master!!!

Satan runs this team....That why everything is backwards...EVERYTHING!!!!! Seriously the Chiefs are the worst team in the league!! Can they do anything? What can they do? NOTHING!!!

Can't stop the run

Cant pass protect

Can't score

Can't draft

Can't coach

Special teams sucks

To top it off you have beat reporters who rip the fan base

They suck in every possible sense of the word

And yet the same guys are running the show....I told you guys before and I'll say it again, why do you go to the games?????

Im so frkkn mad I want to break the exclamation button on my keyboard it's almost there adter hitting it so many times!!!!!!!! :#

dirk digler
12-30-2007, 11:22 PM
WOW. I think it is obvious now that Clark Hunt and the Hunt family could care less about winning all they care about is lining their pockets.

With this announcement my guess they now will become public enemy #1 replacing David Glass.

We can no longer blame Carl or Herm this all falls at the feet of the Hunt family.

What a disgrace.

RedThat
12-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Our ownership blows

And it blows hard

:cuss:

Mr. Laz
12-30-2007, 11:24 PM
we'll see

but if the son is like the father then the bank account makes "the plan"

Agent V
12-30-2007, 11:24 PM
WOW. I think it is obvious now that Clark Hunt and the Hunt family could care less about winning all they care about is lining their pockets.

With this announcement my guess they now will become public enemy #1 replacing David Glass.

We can no longer blame Carl or Herm this all falls at the feet of the Hunt family.

What a disgrace.
Totally agree. All this talk of changes and reform and their first move is retaining the men who destroyed the team in the first place. This is a f***ing joke.

Bowser
12-30-2007, 11:25 PM
At this point, I'd be willing to bet real money that Lamar included some type of do-not-terminate order in Carl's contract before he passed.

BCD
12-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Gee, I can only hope my employer is stupid enough to let me be a failure for 20 years.

jjchieffan
12-30-2007, 11:26 PM
I've lost interest in this team. That's it!!! IM DONE!!!!!!

NO MORE!!!!!! I actually feel like sticking my head out the window and shouting a big FFFFFFFFF!!!

Im tired of this crap. This organization sucks AND SUCKS HARD!!!!!!

What team in the league rewards the worst coach in the league, and retains a terribly underachieving GM????

you want a safe job, come to KC where the job security is as safe can be? as long as you can make the cash register go CHA CHING!!!!! you're fine!!!!!

This sucks, total mistreatment to the fans. Carl says he will evaluate himself if he feels he doesn't do a good job....Yeah ok! FULL OF IT!! If you didn't re-sign before, you gonna do it now? He prolly knows the fans don't like him? Now he says he will be back????? That a big tease and a total prick towards the fans

I heard around here Clark wants to win...he says he will make comments after the season is done...Please!!! This team is a FRIK'NN Joke!!! Im throughly convinced he doesn't have the FRIKK'NN sack to come out speak up and address to the fans or do what is right and help build this team to an actual winner!!!!

Peterson is the puppet master!!!

Satan runs this team....That why everything is backwards...EVERYTHING!!!!! Seriously the Chiefs are the worst team in the league!! Can they do anything? What can they do? NOTHING!!!

Can't stop the run

Cant pass protect

Can't score

Can't draft

Can't coach

Special teams sucks

To top it off you have beat reporters who rip the fan base

They suck in every possible sense of the word

And yet the same guys are running the show....I told you guys before and I'll say it again, why do you go to the games?????

Im so frkkn mad I want to break the exclamation button on my keyboard it's almost there adter hitting it so many times!!!!!!!! :#

Don't hold back man. Tell us how you really feel. :ROFL:
Seriously man. I hear ya. It is frustrating as hell.

Agent V
12-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Gee, I can only hope my employer is stupid enough to let me be a failure for 20 years.
At this point, I think Carl could take a shit at midfield during the National Anthem and still retain his job.

unothadeal
12-30-2007, 11:29 PM
That's what it all comes down to.

RedThat
12-30-2007, 11:29 PM
"Ladies and gentleman, there is a plan in place. We want to make the cash register go cha-ching."

We promise you we will please you. If you are unhappy with the product we produce, we have a beat reporter named Bob Gretz who knows how to converse with the fans. And a head coach who says , "its okkkaaaaaaay"...Get yourself reassured, who needs comedy club?

I am Clarks right hand, I speak sincerely on behalf of Clark Hunt because he can't do it himself even though he said he would.

Sincerely yours,

your worst enemy Carl delano Peterson

Guru
12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Go KU
and
Go MU

KC Tattoo
12-30-2007, 11:32 PM
Well this sucks. OK, when is his GD contract up? When is he going to get the F*ck out of Dodge? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :mad:

Bowser
12-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Well this sucks. OK, when is his GD contract up? When is he going to get the F*ck out of Dodge? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU*******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead: :mad:

Two more years.

KC Tattoo
12-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Didn't Clark F***face Peterson say he would "evaluate" himself at the end of the season? You piece of SHIIT MUTHER FCKER ASSWHOLE!!!!

KC Tattoo
12-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Two more years.

Sum biitch

Bowser
12-30-2007, 11:39 PM
Two more years.

My guess is that he'll be with the Chiefs in his current capacity until the rennovations are complete, which might drag out a year or two longer than expected.

Bob Dole
12-30-2007, 11:43 PM
At this point, I'd be willing to bet real money that Lamar included some type of do-not-terminate order in Carl's contract before he passed.

Lamar supposedly allowed Clark to handle 100% of Carl's last contract negotiation.

Which is why the only hope we had for Carl being gone in '08 was if Carl resigned. Clark isn't going to terminate the first big-boy contract he handled by himself.

At least Gretz will be happy to know that Bob Dole's 2008 ticket will be available to a member of the rebuilding fanbase. Bob Dole won't be making the drive up to attend another game as long as Peterson is in charge. And the extra $$ Bob Dole saves by not renewing Sunday Ticket next season will come in handy, too.

Bowser
12-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Lamar supposedly allowed Clark to handle 100% of Carl's last contract negotiation.

Which is why the only hope we had for Carl being gone in '08 was if Carl resigned. Clark isn't going to terminate the first big-boy contract he handled by himself.

At least Gretz will be happy to know that Bob Dole's 2008 ticket will be available to a member of the rebuilding fanbase. Bob Dole won't be making the drive up to attend another game as long as Peterson is in charge. And the extra $$ Bob Dole saves by not renewing Sunday Ticket next season will come in handy, too.

Well, that's just as bad as I feared.

It's a real conundrum deciding if I still want to get tickets. Really, this year especially, all the fun has come from the tailgates. Maybe I'll just drive out there Sundays, and save a few thousand by just tailgating and listening to Mitch and Lenny.

bowener
12-31-2007, 12:20 AM
After Chiefs end season with ninth straight loss, Peterson says he and Edwards will return

suds79
12-31-2007, 12:22 AM
Well I want to hear something from Clark now that the season is over. I hope we get something.

Apathy has finally set in for me. High draft spots or not, bigtime FAs or small, it all really doesn't matter. We're just spinning our wheels going nowhere until Carl is gone and that's the disappointing truth of the matter.

AcesCasino
12-31-2007, 12:23 AM
It's like Groundhog Day, and you're Bill Murray......

Saggysack
12-31-2007, 12:38 AM
When Herm Edwards was traded for, I made the decision then to not support this team until a complete cleaning of the FO has taken place. And let me tell you, it was godsend. My sundays are much more fulfilling playing with my children and enjoying time with my wife. Money well spent I say.

I haven't bought a ticket since, haven't paid a penny for any merchandise. It's the only recourse I have to voice my displeasure in the direction this team is heading(not that it really had any direction beyond helping friends of the organization anyway).

Plan? What plan? The 5yr plan that suddenly became 20. No thanks, don't want any part of it. It's been 15yrs since any amount of post-season success of any kind. That is unnacceptable.

First big boy contract or not. If Clark is any kind of business man, he'll know to cut ties when a mistake has been made.

Saggysack
12-31-2007, 12:39 AM
Well, that's just as bad as I feared.

It's a real conundrum deciding if I still want to get tickets. Really, this year especially, all the fun has come from the tailgates. Maybe I'll just drive out there Sundays, and save a few thousand by just tailgating and listening to Mitch and Lenny.

You are still putting money in their pockets, even if it is a small amount. And that is not the answer.

Ari ümlaüt
12-31-2007, 01:00 AM
DAMMIT CLARK!!!11 :cuss:

cdcox
12-31-2007, 01:02 AM
I'd like to know what the hell Carl has done to earn the right to announce his own return?

kregger
12-31-2007, 01:12 AM
I'd like to know what the hell Carl has done to earn the right to announce his own return?
Dude, he wears the crown!

Mecca
12-31-2007, 01:34 AM

Peterson acts to the Chiefs as most owners do to their teams....It's almost like he's the owner.

RedThat
12-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Peterson acts to the Chiefs as most owners do to their teams....It's almost like he's the owner.

what does that say about the chiefs ownership then?

MadMax
12-31-2007, 01:46 AM

gutless cowards????

MadMax
12-31-2007, 01:47 AM
gutless cowards????

nvm they filthy rich and gives a ****...

Mecca
12-31-2007, 01:53 AM

That it isn't good? I honestly don't think being a championship caliber organization is the #1 priority.

RedThat
12-31-2007, 01:54 AM
gutless cowards????

yeah i was thinking the same.

TN_Chief
12-31-2007, 03:58 AM
F. U. C. K! Well, I'll see you all at the end of July. Until then I'm going to try to forget this nightmare of a season and that we have two world-class asshats running the show.

Carl, Herm...if by some miracle you read this or this is read to you, I just want you both to know that you're worthless pieces of shit. The guy that manages the McDonald's down the street could run the Chiefs better than you Carl, and I'd prefer a high school coach on the sideline to Herm. You two couldn't mow my lawn correctly.

Fruit Ninja
12-31-2007, 04:27 AM
My leet photoshop skillz. lol

HonestChieffan
12-31-2007, 06:04 AM
Jack Bauer could fix this.

Pushead2
12-31-2007, 06:08 AM
**** you Herm and Carl.

kstater
12-31-2007, 06:10 AM
It's like Groundhog Day, and you're Bill Murray......

TN_Chief
12-31-2007, 06:18 AM
"We have a plan..."

Can't...stop...laughing...

the Talking Can
12-31-2007, 06:23 AM
of course, Carl has done so well...why wouldn't you let him "rebuild"....it's not like he hasn't won a playoff game in 15 years....

at least we know, Clark Hunt loves failure too....

How is it possible that a worthless failure like Carl could not lose his job after this??

kcfan82
12-31-2007, 06:39 AM
I should have known Clark Hunt wouldn't have the balls.

alanm
12-31-2007, 06:44 AM
I'm pretty much with you on that Roy. But I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm actually going to wait to see what this so called plan is. :banghead: :banghead:

Kerberos
12-31-2007, 06:50 AM
This makes me sick to my stomach. I just want Carl and Herm gone. I have no faith that they can improve this team in any way.

The only thing that will send a message to ownership is to NOT renew your season tickets people.

Hey Mike

I'm thinking its "TIME" to give up the tickets. I do however have a plan to let someone else take them over if it doesn't cost to much and he would give us first shot to buy them back.

Does anyone know how much it costs to transfer ticket ownership to someone else?

the Talking Can
12-31-2007, 06:52 AM
Clark's balls are in Carl's pocket....

franchise = farce

alanm
12-31-2007, 06:52 AM
Would you please get over this? This week I will offer up grades on the Chiefs players, coaches and front office personnel and you will have nothing left to stand on when I rip most of them.
Who gives a flying f*ck what your opinion is.

TEX
12-31-2007, 07:16 AM
Who gives a flying f*ck what your opinion is.

:clap:

BigRedChief
12-31-2007, 07:16 AM
Does anyone know how much it costs to transfer ticket ownership to someone else?
$250.00

Where are your seats?

TEX
12-31-2007, 07:23 AM
So "Dumb & Dumber" will remain. :shake:
NOW is the PERFECT time to BLOW IT ALL UP. When you lose how the Chiefs have this year, something needs to be done. Most every decision was the wrong one. You don't lose a FRANCHISE - RECORD 9 in a row and get worse as the season goes on, and still let the main two culprits remain. Any plan involving these two losers will fail. Clark must see the Chiefs as nothing more than a hobby.

I've invested a lifetime of emotions in this team, and it is the fist time I am embarrassed to be a Chiefs fan. I'm beginning not to even care anymore. Hope most start to feel as I do - then something might get done.

Lonewolf Ed
12-31-2007, 07:41 AM

No, not for one bad year. But, if my five-year plan had not worked for nineteen years, I'd feel very secure that anything short of a felony would not get me canned, so why would I even consider resigning?

Donger
12-31-2007, 07:59 AM
If true, this is unacceptable.

Donger
12-31-2007, 08:00 AM
"Certainly Clark is involved,” Peterson said. “But the Hunt family is not one that is going to get out there and express their views and emotions all the time. Clark has his thoughts and he expresses them to me, but it’s just not his way to make them public all the time. He doesn’t feel a need to make a comment every single time.”

Wow. So, Clark is basically Carl's bitch?

eazyb81
12-31-2007, 08:02 AM
I can't believe people are actually surprised.

This franchise is a joke and has been on the downswing for some time.

I've said it before, but the Royals are better managed than the Chiefs. David Glass went out and hired a top guy in Dayton Moore instead of staying with the status quo.

chagrin
12-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Teams all around the NFL are making improvements by firing GM's and hiring new GM's; in this case I'd say it's pretty obvious we need a change upstairs. It's sickening, how old fashioned and unresponsive the ownership is; Clark Hunt must be the ONLY person who doesn't see that.
I wish there were something I could do as well, to voice my dissatisfaction to Mr. Hunt.

Donger
12-31-2007, 08:03 AM
I can't believe people are actually surprised.

This franchise is a joke and has been on the downswing for some time.

I've said it before, but the Royals are better managed than the Chiefs. David Glass went out and hired a top guy in Dayton Moore instead of staying with the status quo.

I'm not surprised. I'm disappointed.

ct
12-31-2007, 08:07 AM
How many whiners in here said they could take a losing season to play the young guys? I'm talkin about Brodie, Bowe, Pollard, Page, Webb, Kolby, Tyler, McBride. That's a lot of PT for 1st and 2nd year guys. And we sucked, surprise!

Time to rebuild the O-Line, and let's see next year. If we're 4-12 again next year, then you can whine, but not now, that is what had to happen.

Sure-Oz
12-31-2007, 08:12 AM
Now do you think that is the company line from carl, seriously? im still on wait and see what Clark has to say...

the Talking Can
12-31-2007, 08:18 AM
"Certainly Clark is involved,” Peterson said. “But the Hunt family is not one that is going to get out there and express their views and emotions all the time. Clark has his thoughts and he expresses them to me, but it’s just not his way to make them public all the time. He doesn’t feel a need to make a comment every single time.”

basically

Carl just said, "I've decided to not fire myself."

Clark is off somewhere playing is Wii....

dallaschiefsfan
12-31-2007, 08:25 AM
How many whiners in here said they could take a losing season to play the young guys? I'm talkin about Brodie, Bowe, Pollard, Page, Webb, Kolby, Tyler, McBride. That's a lot of PT for 1st and 2nd year guys. And we sucked, surprise!

Time to rebuild the O-Line, and let's see next year. If we're 4-12 again next year, then you can whine, but not now, that is what had to happen.

uhh...no. Clearly a youth movement is in order and many welcome it. But my complaint (as with most that I've read) comes down to piss-poor coaching of what young talent we have. I mean...under your logic, we might as well play our games as pre-season games so that the young guys can get their reps in the hopes they might become winners the following year/s. Winning isn't JUST about talent and getting the right guys in place.

Our coach plays not to lose. Our GM is past his prime and has never shown an eye for drafting talent on a consistent basis. In the NFL, anything below a 7-9 season comes down to something besides the players on the field. This is a league of professionals that play on their respective rosters because they were the best talent coming out training camp. This is the parity league--no excuses for our record except for Herm and Carl.

DMAC
12-31-2007, 08:30 AM
Clark is off somewhere playing is Wii....He is excited the offseason is here. Now he can skateboard down the ramps every day of the week.

Donger
12-31-2007, 08:32 AM
and let's see next year.

You're not part of the solution. You are part of the problem.

Peterson has had 19 years of "wait until next year." That's unacceptable. If he had a scrap of decency, he would resign. And this putrid season should put an exclamation point on that truth.

Bwana
12-31-2007, 08:32 AM
If any of us posting on here showed the kind of production in our job performance that Carl has shown, we would be on the street out of a job. Come on Clark, grow a pair and kick Carl to the curb.

the Talking Can
12-31-2007, 08:33 AM
He is excited the offseason is here. Now he can skateboard down the ramps every day of the week.

and sing White Snake songs over the stadium PA...

"As I stand at the crossroad,
I see the sun sinking low...
With my cross of indecision,
I can't tell which way to go..."

siberian khatru
12-31-2007, 08:40 AM

They wasted half a season playing Huard. Herm himself said he didn't get Tank and Turk as many snaps as they needed because "the games were too close." Now, does that sound like a rebuilding mentality?

They half-assed the rebuilding. They only committed to rebuilding when the season was clearly lost. A lot of us wanted to start the process from Day 1, willing to stink at the start so we could (hopefully) improve by the end.

At least we'd have a good idea how these young guys stand. Instead, we still have a lot of question marks because we played mediocre and washed-up veterans for 8-10 games.

DeezNutz
12-31-2007, 08:45 AM
They wasted half a season playing Huard. Herm himself said he didn't get Tank and Turk as many snaps as they needed because "the games were too close." Now, does that sound like a rebuilding mentality?

They half-assed the rebuilding. They only committed to rebuilding when the season was clearly lost. A lot of us wanted to start the process from Day 1, willing to stink at the start so we could (hopefully) improve by the end.

At least we'd have a good idea how these young guys stand. Instead, we still have a lot of question marks because we played mediocre and washed-up veterans for 8-10 games.

Exactly. The only thing that really needs to be said is that the Chiefs played Priest. Formerly retired nacho snackin Priest frickin Holmes, instead of Kolby Smith. Sorry, I'll try to be more patient with the "re"-building process. It's a joke.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-31-2007, 09:20 AM
I about busted up laughing when carl said "for the record, we are rebuilding"
Well no kidding, i didnt notice

chagrin
12-31-2007, 09:23 AM

Not I - I didn't even like the McBride draft pick! I am not totally pissed about the record, as I am the coaching staff.

chagrin
12-31-2007, 09:26 AM
If any of us posting on here showed the kind of production in our job performance that Carl has shown, we would be on the street out of a job. Come on Clark, grow a pair and kick Carl to the curb.

Yep - when it suits these people (by that I mean the Organization, coaches included) they say "it's business, this is a job, you either improve or go somewhere else." When that actually applies to them, they say "we have a plan and we're sticking to it". A bunch of double-talk nonsense. I might as well be reading the DC forum.

Micjones
12-31-2007, 09:36 AM
This doesn't surprise me one bit.

Carl's bulletproof.
He's going to be GM until he's ready to step down.
And once he does he'll take on a Jack Steadman role (only more involved) and STILL be running this football team.

King_Chief_Fan
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
THe rest of the AFC West is extremely pleased with this decision.

Chief Henry
12-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Carl Peterson has a plan ?

What is it this TIME ?

BigRedChief
12-31-2007, 10:31 AM
ESPN/Associated Press is reporting that Peterson is coming back. But it looks like they just took the quotes out of the Star article and filled in their own word verbiage.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3174855

KCChiefsFan88
12-31-2007, 10:43 AM

Wargarbage Illustrated will NEVER live down their suckling of Clark Hunt during Athan's shameful interview:

WPI: You are very fortunate to have person like President Carl Peterson, who has spent 18 years with the organization. How much does that help knowing you can trust someone else to get things done?

http://kan.scout.com/2/702277.html

Sure-Oz
12-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Jack Harry is going to talk about firing carl all offseason, he's annoying enough as it is

Donger
12-31-2007, 10:49 AM
ESPN/Associated Press is reporting that Peterson is coming back. But it looks like they just took the quotes out of the Star article and filled in their own word verbiage.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3174855

"We have a plan and it's being implemented," the Chiefs president and general manager told The Associated Press Monday in a telephone interview from his office at Arrowhead Stadium. "I have no intention to leave before the job is finished."

What 'job' is that, Carl?

"Peterson said he was most disappointed for Hunt, who shares ownership with his sister and two brothers, none of whom has taken a leadership role in the franchise."

Unacceptable.

TN_Chief
12-31-2007, 11:04 AM
Does anyone have a home address for the Hunts? I'd like to go pay them a visit...just to laugh in their pathetic faces.

Lamar is dead Clark, not you. Step the **** up and take charge.

88TG88
12-31-2007, 11:12 AM
No surprise.

Nothing to see here, move along.
I agree

Carl would never step down. He'll leave when his contract is up. As will Herm.

Bowser
12-31-2007, 11:13 AM
I really, really hope Clark and his siblings don't turn into the Yorks of the 49ers.

TEX
12-31-2007, 11:14 AM
Wargarbage Illustrated will NEVER live down their suckling of Clark Hunt during Athan's shameful interview:

WPI: You are very fortunate to have person like President Carl Peterson, who has spent 18 years with the organization. How much does that help knowing you can trust someone else to get things done?

http://kan.scout.com/2/702277.html

ROFL :Lin:

Donger
12-31-2007, 11:15 AM
I really, really hope Clark and his siblings don't turn into the Yorks of the 49ers.

Based on Peterson's quotes, it has already happened.

And this:

"What’s important to me is that we’re taking the steps now that over a three to five-year period builds a winning team."

"I think the Chiefs organization is very blessed to have someone of his capability, both in business and the football side. It is a huge asset to me, being new to my role, to have someone as capable as he is, running the team.”

TN_Chief
12-31-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't like to speak ill of the dead...but Lamar really screwed this up. There's clearly no strong leadership coming from the Hunt family, despite the fact that they own the freakin' team.

IMO this taints Lamar's legacy...for all of the good things he did for KC, it appears that he left this ship rudderless.

Spicy McHaggis
12-31-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm confused. This is from the ESPN article of the same name.

"We're devastated. But we are not discouraged," Peterson said Monday. "We know where we're going and what we're going to do."

Peterson said he was most disappointed for Hunt, who shares ownership with his sister and two brothers, none of whom has taken a leadership role in the franchise.

"Clark is as discouraged as any one of us." . I feel bad for Clark because this is his first year as the leader of the new ownership group," Peterson said. "We are going forward in 2008."

Article (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3174855)

I ****ing hate you Carl.

Thig Lyfe
12-31-2007, 11:28 AM
MOTHERF*CKING MOTHERF*CKER

Reerun_KC
12-31-2007, 11:30 AM
This is sickening, just sickening...

Why does God hate the Chiefs?

Mr. Plow
12-31-2007, 11:49 AM
Just wait until Peterson signs a contract extension.

Iowanian
12-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Somewhere, Ken Dienberg is filling up his Green Bay Packer colored bathtub with Jello Pudding and is preparing to dive in for a "hahahahahahaha soak".

Carl, you effing loser, YOU are the one responsible for the condition of this team's roster. Have some dignity and throw yourself on your sword like an honorable samurai.

BIG_DADDY
12-31-2007, 12:20 PM

I can tell you this much. I won't be going to any games.

dtebbe
12-31-2007, 12:24 PM

I'm there too. If he doesn't go after this season I may be done.

DT

BigRedChief
12-31-2007, 12:24 PM

What did you expect? You really think King Carl was gone this off season?

ChiTown
12-31-2007, 12:26 PM

God's been hatin' on KC sports since late October 1985

Coogs
12-31-2007, 12:28 PM

So just how many people up a Arrowhead have photos of each other banging the secratary anyway?

siberian khatru
12-31-2007, 12:29 PM

That he draws up himself, places in front of Clark and says "Either your signature or your brains are going to be on that contract."

Calcountry
12-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Same here.

4321 Carl and HermSame here.

Micjones
12-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Carl's never going to leave this cushy job.
And if he does he'll still be a part of the organization and hire the next GM.

Calcountry
12-31-2007, 12:30 PM
Seriously people. You are going to need those dollars to pay for the higher food costs next year.

My wholesale cost on a 50 pound sack of corn just went up close to a dollar per bag.

Coogs
12-31-2007, 12:32 PM
“There will be no changes,” Peterson said. “I’m still under the same contract. I’m here and will be here in my current capacity.

“Clark and I have had conversations. We talk every day or almost every day. We have a plan, and we’re implementing that plan. He’s on board with that plan and embraces it.

You know, I have read plans on the BB for fixing the Chiefs that are probably just as good if not better than the plan that is probably going to be used.

chiefscafan
12-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Well folks be ready for peterson to draft the second rated DE in the draft with our high pick . This is in order so he can tough negotiate with jared allen.
who like tait we will leave.

Bwana
12-31-2007, 01:24 PM

Likewise. **** Carl Peterson and **** Clark Hunt for not having the balls to kick Carls sorry ass out the door and build a winning team. :shake: