PDA

View Full Version : Clark Hunt and the Hunt family deserve ZERO respect

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 09:19 AM
As much as I admired and loved Lamar Hunt I think it is obvious now that the Hunt family does not care about winning all they care about is lining their pockets and renovating the stadium on the backs of Jackson Co. taxpayers.

The failure of this team no longer lies on the shoulders of Carl Peterson or Herm Edwards it lies on Clark Hunt who's failure to make sweeping changes is a cowardly act.

Clark Hunt and the Hunt family should now feel the wrath of the fans and the media just like David Glass and his family did. Until Clark Hunt decides to pull CP balls out of his mouth this organization will never improve. David Glass was hated city wide for the way he ran the Royals into the ground until he got the message and fired the inept but nice guy Allard Baird and replaced him with Dayton Moore.

The Hunt family has gotten a free pass for far too long and now they should be exposed for what they are and they deserve ZERO respect and love until they either decide to fix the problems or sell the team. Honestly I just wish they would sell it to so we can get a real owner in there that actually cares about winning.

It is time to take the kid's gloves off and start bashing the Hunt family especially Clark Hunt until they get the message.

CHENZ A!
12-31-2007, 09:20 AM
:shake:

Otter
12-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Simple Solution = stop paying for a product your not happy with or its producers have absolutely no reason to change the means of production.

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 09:22 AM
I concur.

Sure-Oz
12-31-2007, 09:23 AM
Gotta love what his father did for the city but its clarks time to show a pair, now!

Gonzo
As much as I admired and loved Lamar Hunt I think it is obvious now that the Hunt family does not care about winning all they care about is lining their pockets and renovating the stadium on the backs of Jackson Co. taxpayers.

The failure of this team no longer lies on the shoulders of Carl Peterson or Herm Edwards it lies on Clark Hunt who's failure to make sweeping changes is a cowardly act.

Clark Hunt and the Hunt family should now feel the wrath of the fans and the media just like David Glass and his family did. Until Clark Hunt decides to pull CP balls out of his mouth this organization will never improve. David Glass was hated city wide for the way he ran the Royals into the ground until he got the message and fired the inept but nice guy Allard Baird and replaced him with Dayton Moore.

The Hunt family has gotten a free pass for far too long and now they should be exposed for what they are and they deserve ZERO respect and love until they either decide to fix the problems or sell the team. Honestly I just wish they would sell it to so we can get a real owner in there that actually cares about winning.

It is time to take the kid's gloves off and start bashing the Hunt family especially Clark Hunt until they get the message.

I will agree with you if we have the same lineup, coaching staff and GM by the start of the 2008 preseason. We have to give the guy a chance to make improvements before we start the public lynching.

Extra Point
I was thinking the same thing, Dirk, right before I logged on. I fully agree.

dirk digler
Simple Solution = stop paying for a product your not happy with or its producers have absolutely no reason to change the means of production.

I am doing my part I am not buying any Chiefs merchandise, no DTV Sunday Ticket and I am not going up to River Falls in 08. They will get no support from me financially until changes are made.

Delano
Mmmkay. Dumbass.

Sure-Oz
12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
I am doing my part I am not buying any Chiefs merchandise, no DTV Sunday Ticket and I am not going up to River Falls in 08. They will get no support from me financially until changes are made.
The Sunday ticket will only effect you if anything, the others yeah they might see the blip, but there will be alot of dumbasses that still buy stuff and show up next year.

thehead
Agree 100%, I can not believe Carl & Herm still have a job :banghead:

Donger

Yep. I've said it before, but many Chiefs' fans seem like junkies. They may bitch and moan, but they'll be there on opening day, regardless.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 09:26 AM
I will agree with you if we have the same lineup, coaching staff and GM by the start of the 2008 preseason. We have to give the guy a chance to make improvements before we start the public lynching.

It appears now that Carl and Herm are both going to be back which is the crux of the problem. They are going to get rid of some players and throw some assistant coaches under the bus but other than that nothing will change. You watch.

suds79
12-31-2007, 09:26 AM
While I'm pretty unhappy right now, I'm still holding out to see what Clark says when he makes a statement in about about a week or so.

If then he decides to keep Carl, then yes, tar & feather him. :p

splatbass
12-31-2007, 09:28 AM

Best use of over the top hyperbole in 2007!

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 09:29 AM
While I'm pretty unhappy right now, I'm still holding out to see what Clark says when he makes a statement in about about a week or so.

Why wait unless Carl was lying when he said both him and Herm are coming back?

IMO what ever he says is pointless until he actually does something.

Delano
12-31-2007, 09:31 AM

No.. best use of hyperbole of all time!

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 09:33 AM
Mmmkay. Dumbass.No, thats Carl and Herm.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 09:34 AM

Glad I could be #1.

In all seriousness I am done blaming Carl and Herm. Every time they **** up I will no longer lay the blame at their feet it goes directly at Clark Hunt and his family.

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 09:35 AM
Best use of over the top hyperbole in 2007!Blind Carl homer...

Delano
12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
No, thats Carl and Herm.

I agree.

But Clark is the root of the problem?

Damn, that's dense.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 09:38 AM
I agree.

Damn, that's dense.

Umm yes he is the owner and has the final say over everything. If Carl and Herm are still here who's fault is it?

siberian khatru
12-31-2007, 09:40 AM

I hope Clark takes questions. And I hope somebody like Whitlock pins him down and makes him squirm. For instance, I'm sure Clark will focus on 2007 and act like it's an aberration. Somebody needs to ask him why he has confidence in a man who hasn't won a playoff game in 14 years, has not even consistently made the playoffs like he used to, has been a .500 GM for the last decade, etc. In other words, why does Carl's first 10 years get more weight than his last 10?

Delano
12-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Umm yes he is the owner and has the final say over everything. If Carl and Herm are still here who's fault is it?

Umm.. he's been on the job for what.. less than two years.

He negotiated this mother ****ing contract with Carl. Future GM candidates would be kind of hesitant to sign a contract with a guy that ****ed up his VERY FIRST contract.

Also.. how many GMs get fired mid season? How many presidents get shit-canned during a major renovation process? Clark would be stupid to fire Carl at this point.

It ain't gonna happen. Blame Herm, Blame Carl, but seriously, Clark?

HonestChieffan
12-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Man, you really took a low road there. I can understand frustration with Carl, the team, herm, etc. But come on, lets give Clark hunt a break, give the guy some time. Good lord, this meltdown for some folks is way over the top.

Go kick a neighbors dog

Donger
12-31-2007, 09:44 AM
Clark would be stupid to fire Carl at this point.

Serious question: why do you think that Carl Peterson deserves to remain the GM of this team?

ChiTown
12-31-2007, 09:47 AM

He negotiated this mother ****ing contract with Carl. Future GM candidates would be kind of hesitant to sign a contract with a guy that ****ed up his VERY FIRST contract.

Also.. how many GMs get fired mid season? How many presidents get shit-canned during a major renovation process? Clark would be stupid to fire Carl at this point.

Just why the hell would Clark be stupid to fire Carl at this point. IMO, he's a dumb**** for not firing him, as well as Herm, immediately after the Jet's gave us our 9th consecutive loss.

In case you forgot, this "major renovation" has been going on since our January 1970................

Adept Havelock
12-31-2007, 09:48 AM

Yes. Responsibility goes all the way to the top of the org chart.

If Clark leaves this POS in charge of his business, he deserves every bit of the opprobrium and anger hurled at both of them.

JMO.

Delano
12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
Serious question: why do you think that Carl Peterson deserves to remain the GM of this team?

In all honesty, I hope the team goes in a new direction in the very short-term future.

I don't know if he really deserves the job, given his performance, but that isn't what is keeping him in office. It's his experience, his knowledge of the current situation, and the state of the team.

Carl really isn't the argument in this thread, it's Clark Hunt. If I was owner of this franchise, I would have a hard time firing Carl after a year on the job. All I'm saying is give him some time and recognize why Carl is hard to fire at this moment.

Serious question: do you think Clark Hunt is to blame for the current state of this franchise?

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 09:50 AM
I agree.

Damn, that's dense.Its up to him to remove Carl.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 09:50 AM

Actually according to Lamar before he died he has been basically running things for the last 5 years.

He probably negotiated that contract because his father wanted to keep Carl around and who cares anyway? The last 10 years Carl is under .500 and they have been to the playoffs 2 times. Yeah that is a great record. :rolleyes:

We are not talking about firing Carl in mid-season we are talking about firing his ass after one of the worst seasons in Chiefs history. I wouldn't care if he stripped Carl of his GM duties and kept him on as President but that is not going to happen either.

At some point the owner has to take responsibility and if he is unwillingly to make the change then the blame lies on him.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 09:52 AM

If Clark leaves this POS in charge of his business, he deserves every bit of the opprobrium and anger hurled at both of them.

JMO.

Yep pretty simple concept.

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 09:53 AM
It ain't gonna happen. Blame Herm, Blame Carl, but seriously, Clark?Speaking of dense...

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
Serious question: do you think Clark Hunt is to blame for the current state of this franchise?

Up to yesterday? No he is not to blame. Starting today though YES he is. He keeps Carl and Herm and the rest of the retards that are running this franchise then all the blame falls on him.

Donger
12-31-2007, 09:54 AM
If I was owner of this franchise, I would have a hard time firing Carl after a year on the job.

Really? See, if I were the new owner, the first thing I would do would be a performance review of all personnel, starting at the top. A big, red, WTF moment would present itself while looking at CP's record. I fail to see why Clark (or anyone else) would need more than a few minutes, regardless of being new to the job. What does CP need? Just another few years?

Ultimately, yes. However, I would acknowledge that the trouble now started long before his tenure began. And what has been the one constant?

Carl Peterson. He's had his time and his chances. He didn't get it done. Therefore, it is time for him to go.

cookster50
12-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Carl really isn't the argument in this thread, it's Clark Hunt. If I was owner of this franchise, I would have a hard time firing Carl after a year on the job.

One year? You do realize that Clark has been part of this organization for years now, not just one lousy year, yes?

Delano
12-31-2007, 09:56 AM
We are not talking about firing Carl in mid-season we are talking about firing his ass after one of the worst seasons in Chiefs history. I wouldn't care if he stripped Carl of his GM duties and kept him on as President but that is not going to happen either.

At some point the owner has to take responsibility and if he is unwillingly to make the change then the blame lies on him.

I see why many want Carl removed from his GM duties, in fact I share that opinion at times.

I have made myself content with the idea of Carl as GM until his current contract expired and I can honestly see why that will happen from Clark's perspective.

Micjones
12-31-2007, 09:56 AM
Carl's bulletproof.
He's going to be GM until he's ready to step down.
And once he does he'll take on a Jack Steadman role (only more involved) and STILL be running this football team.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 09:58 AM
I have made myself content with the idea of Carl as GM until his current contract expired and I can honestly see why that will happen from Clark's perspective.

Name one reason why Carl should still have his job today?

Delano
12-31-2007, 09:59 AM
Name one reason why Carl should still have his job today?

He is under contract.

siberian khatru
12-31-2007, 10:00 AM
However, I would acknowledge that the trouble now started long before his tenure began. And what has been the one constant?

Carl Peterson. He's had his time and his chances. He didn't get it done. Therefore, it is time for him to go.

It's really as simple as that.

I've tried, as a thought experiment, to see it other ways. But I just don't see how you can defend Carl's body of work. The team from 1998-2007 is nothing like the team from 1989-1997. It hasn't won as many regular-season games, it hasn't had as many playoff berths and it hasn't even won as many playoff games. And now the team is in the crapper, arguably worse than what it was when Carl got here.

There is absolutely no reason to keep Carl around.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 10:01 AM
He is under contract.

LMAO

OMFG are you serious? So let me ask you this. If he went 0-16 for 2 years and still had 2 more years on his contract you would keep him around just because he is under contract?

ChiTown
12-31-2007, 10:01 AM
He is under contract.

Wow! That's naive.

Are you serious?

Micjones
12-31-2007, 10:02 AM
Carl is getting by on what this team accomplished 10-15 years ago.

ChiTown
12-31-2007, 10:02 AM

Yes, failing to get to a Super Bowl................

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Carl is getting by on what this team accomplished 10-15 years ago.Exactly.

Delano
12-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow! That's naive.

Are you serious?

I think if Carl's contract expired yesterday, a new GM would be entering the picture sometime this offseason.

If things remain the same in the front office and Carl is given an extension, I am on board with the "Clark is to blame" crowd.

I'm sticking with the be patient, we are undergoing massive changes/rebuilding crowd (if there is such a thing).

siberian khatru
12-31-2007, 10:07 AM

And even that wasn't much. If he had won a Super Bowl in 1993, I could understand the nostalgia factor.

People in the early-to-mid 90s were thrilled to have winning seasons, and the whole Arrowhead experience thrived on that. But Clark's gotta realize those days are over. Eventually, people expect winning seasons to be a stepping stone to championships. They eventually catch on to 10-6 being nothing more than a gateway to one-and-out. And what really exacerbates the situation is seeing the same guy running the show year after year and getting the same results.

Carl today doesn't have the credibility as the Carl of the 1990s did.

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 10:08 AM
Whats worse is the 3 playoff wins occured in a 2-yr span. They beat the Raiders in a Wildcard game after the '91 season. They beat Pittsburgh and Houston 2 years later. Carl should have been gone 10 yrs ago...

ChiTown
12-31-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm sticking with the be patient, we are undergoing massive changes/rebuilding crowd (if there is such a thing).

That's the problem. I don't want Carl anywhere near this team while we are rebuilding. He's proven he's not the man for that job. Is that not blatantly evident to you?

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 10:14 AM
I think if Carl's contract expired yesterday, a new GM would be entering the picture sometime this offseason.

If things remain the same in the front office and Carl is given an extension, I am on board with the "Clark is to blame" crowd.

Why the hell would you want Carl rebuilding anything? Has he shown you something in the past to make you think he can do that?

BTW you never did answer my previous question.

Delano
12-31-2007, 10:14 AM
That's the problem. I don't want Carl anywhere near this team while we are rebuilding. He's proven he's not the man for that job. Is that not blatantly evident to you?

I am not really a team historian, so I am asking this question with all sincerety.

Has Carl tried to rebuild through the draft before, as they are claiming to do now?

Delano
12-31-2007, 10:17 AM
Why the hell would you want Carl rebuilding anything? Has he shown you something in the past to make you think he can do that?

BTW you never did answer my previous question.

Which one? The two seasons of 0-16, etc...?

I'd probably look for a new GM at that point. Especially after 19 years of the current GM.

Pushead2
12-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Like I said before and I got neg rep'd for it.....We aren't winning a SB until this team is owned by a new person. Just like Disney didn't give a shit about the Ducks except making money with merch and bullshit. New owner, same GM , made some key moves and won the Cup 1 year later. Hunt's don't really care about winning, they just pretend to so the fans get suckered into believing they do for profit.

Donger
12-31-2007, 10:22 AM
I'm sticking with the be patient

For some reason, the scene in Joe Dirt where the dog is humping his leg suddenly springs to mind.

kc1977
12-31-2007, 10:28 AM

Give it a rest - season ticket holders won't put their money where their mouth is - they will continue sending it in to the Hunt family. Until that stops happnening, nothing will change.

ChiTown
12-31-2007, 10:31 AM
I am not really a team historian, so I am asking this question with all sincerety.

Has Carl tried to rebuild through the draft before, as they are claiming to do now?

Here is Carl's claim to fame:

He started off with nothing in KC and brought in very good Coach's and Scout's and drafted very well in the first 3-4 years of his tenure. Since that time, he has tried to milk out what he originally built in the early 1990's without any modicum of real success (playoff wins) since going to the 1994 AFC Championship game.

His drafts and FA acquisitions have been unbalanced for a great number of years. Who wouldn't have killed for this years D during the 2003-04 season? After that season, we should have started a massive rebuild to the D, but instead, Carl, again, wanted to milk out everything he could to keep us on the cusp of decent. Carl hates the term "rebuild" as it typically means a poor record and a potential loss of fans. Instead, he'd rather hover around decent and possible 1st rd playoff losses just to give our fans their annual handjob.

Seriously, the game, and how it is played in the front office, has passed this guy by about 10 years. He needs to put down along with his dumbass, yes-man, cohort in crime Denny Thum.

Donger
12-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Has anyone ever asked CP what the goal of Chiefs is? If so, what was his answer?

Bowser
12-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Has anyone ever asked CP what the goal of Chiefs is? If so, what was his answer?

Make it to the tournament. From there, anything can happen. [/CP]

It would be nice to hear your GM come out and just state it - We play to win the championship. Anything else means we've fallen short of our goal.

The Bad Guy
12-31-2007, 10:40 AM
He is under contract.

What a chickenshit response.

By your logic, teams will have a hard time finding coaches if they fire a coach before his contract is up.

The Bad Guy
12-31-2007, 10:43 AM

Who the **** cares?

Just about every NFL franchise isn't giving a guy 19 years to try every tactic to build an NFL team.

He had his chance, he failed. Move on.

I bet you would also be the one who stayed in a shitty relationship because you made a "commitment".

Sure-Oz
12-31-2007, 10:52 AM
Who the **** cares?

Just about every NFL franchise isn't giving a guy 19 years to try every tactic to build an NFL team.

He had his chance, he failed. Move on.

I bet you would also be the one who stayed in a shitty relationship because you made a "commitment".
19 years like 3 playoff wins if that and obviously he was blanketed by an excellent HC in Marty that protected him from looking awful. It is time to move on, im sick of this clown in KC.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 10:56 AM
Which one? The two seasons of 0-16, etc...?

I'd probably look for a new GM at that point. Especially after 19 years of the current GM.

Yes that question. What does Carl having a contract having anything to do with this then?

Delano
12-31-2007, 10:58 AM
Yes that question. What does Carl having a contract having anything to do with this then?

I would think that if this was the final year of Carl's contract, he would be done. There would be no questions asked.

I just think ownership is on the fence about making a move and the contract may be swaying them in favor of retaining Peterson.

It sucks, but there it is.

ChiTown
12-31-2007, 11:00 AM
I would think that if this was the final year of Carl's contract, he would be done. There would be no questions asked.

I just think ownership is on the fence about making a move and the contract may be swaying them in favor of retaining Peterson.

If that were really the reason, that's all I would need to know about what type of gutless owner we have in place. That's a horrible excuse to continue down the WRONG path.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 11:00 AM

It sucks, but there it is.

We will find out next year if that is true because next year's team will be worse then this years team.

Pushead2
12-31-2007, 11:03 AM
We will find out next year if that is true because next year's team will be worse then this years team.

No No , they have "The Plan" :banghead:

Ari ümlaüt
12-31-2007, 11:40 AM

JMO.

Thank you Dictionary.com

opprobrium \uh-PRO-bree-uhm\, noun:
1. Disgrace; infamy; reproach mingled with contempt.
2. A cause or object of reproach or disgrace.

Ari ümlaüt
12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
www.sellthechiefs.com

stevieray
12-31-2007, 11:59 AM
You mean like the almost zero respect paid to Lamar at his Memorial Service..?

BTW, the rennovations are not soley on the backs of KC taxpayers..The Hunt's contribution doubled from 75 to 150 million.

Calcountry
12-31-2007, 12:03 PM
I think I'll take a nap and comeback if there is any news about our front office. No need to wear my keyboard out with this futitlity.

DaFace
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
I hear what you're saying, but saying that the Hunts (especially Lamar) don't deserve any respect is just ignorant. We wouldn't even have a team to cheer for if it weren't for them. How'd you like to be a Rams fan right now?

If Lamar had a fault, I'd say it was that he is loyal to a fault and was somewhat more concerned about the success of the LEAGUE in terms of financial viability than the success of the CHIEFS in terms of wins on the field.

patteeu
12-31-2007, 12:41 PM
This city was blessed by having two great pro sports owners in Ewing Kaufman and Lamar Hunt. By comparison, Clark Hunt has his work cut out to match those two, but I think it's *way* premature to drop your respect level to zero. Good lord, it sounds like you think the team is yours or something. By keeping the team in Kansas City alone, Clark deserves some level of respect. And I'm willing to give him a few years of actual ownership (as opposed to whatever his control was while his father was still alive) before I start judging him on his approach toward fielding a winning team. Frankly, I couldn't blame him for keeping Carl on for the sole purpose of seeing the renovations through and repaying him for 19 years of loyally serving the family if that was his inclination. After that, he can put a win-the-superbowl GM in place if he's as sour on Carl's football acumen as you are.

DaneMcCloud
12-31-2007, 12:54 PM

Jerry Jones was on the job for ONE DAY when he fired Tom Landry. The Cowboys went on to win three Super Bowls in the first six years of his ownership. THAT'S how you compete in the NFL.

Who's "VERY FIRST" contract? CP's been in Kansas City for 19 YEARS. Who gives a flying f*ck if he's on the second year of ownership. FIRE HIM. He's PROVEN that he can't put a Super Bowl team on the field. He doesn't DESERVE one more day as the Chiefs GM.

Mid-Season? The season is OVER for the Chiefs. Randy Mueller was fired, Brian Billick was fired today. The headlines in Kansas City should have read: "Carl Peterson and Herman Edwards were FIRED by the Hunt Family".

Not "I'm not going anywhere. We have a plan" [/CP]

This franchise is a joke.

RustShack
12-31-2007, 01:00 PM
I respect Lamar, so far Clark hasn't shown me anything besides hes a spoiled rich **** and doesn't care about the Chiefs having a winning record.

bowener
12-31-2007, 01:01 PM
I agree they deserve little respect.

"Peterson said he was most disappointed for Hunt, who shares ownership with his sister and two brothers, none of whom has taken a leadership role in the franchise."

This is from NFL.com: Here (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d805a3554&template=without-video&confirm=true)

And god to I hope these words, "We have a plan and it's being implemented," fall in to the category of infamous last words...

Donger
12-31-2007, 01:01 PM
I agree they deserve little respect.

"Peterson said he was most disappointed for Hunt, who shares ownership with his sister and two brothers, none of whom has taken a leadership role in the franchise."

This is from NFL.com: Here (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d805a3554&template=without-video&confirm=true)

And god to I hope these words, "We have a plan and it's being implemented," fall in to the category of infamous last words...

Custer had a plan, too.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 01:03 PM

I have no idea about what happened at Lamar's Memorial service care to enlighten me?

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 01:09 PM
This city was blessed by having two great pro sports owners in Ewing Kaufman and Lamar Hunt. By comparison, Clark Hunt has his work cut out to match those two, but I think it's *way* premature to drop your respect level to zero. Good lord, it sounds like you think the team is yours or something. By keeping the team in Kansas City alone, Clark deserves some level of respect. And I'm willing to give him a few years of actual ownership (as opposed to whatever his control was while his father was still alive) before I start judging him on his approach toward fielding a winning team. Frankly, I couldn't blame him for keeping Carl on for the sole purpose of seeing the renovations through and repaying him for 19 years of loyally serving the family if that was his inclination. After that, he can put a win-the-superbowl GM in place if he's as sour on Carl's football acumen as you are.

I agree he has along way to go and he could have really established himself by firing Carl and Herm today. He would have 99.9% approval ratings by Chiefs fans for doing the obvious. Now instead of doing that he is hiding and looking like a bitch by having Carl come out and say that he is saying. That is not up to Carl to say that it is Clark's but he is no where to be found. He has denied all media requests for the last 2 months and won't say shit.

I have stated many times before he could have stripped Carl of his GM duties and kept him on as President and that would have been acceptable. He then could let him oversee the renovations and fulfill his remaining 2 years on his contract.

bowener
12-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Custer had a plan, too.

Was it to die and be remembered as one of histories retards?

Because if it was, it worked out well for him.

HonestChieffan
12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
I have no idea about what happened at Lamar's Memorial service care to enlighten me?

This thread and a lot of your comments are proof that having no idea has no impact on your decision to post.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 01:16 PM
This thread and a lot of your comments are proof that having no idea has no impact on your decision to post.

Aren't you the one I clowned the other day about you flip flopping on Carl?

Oh yeah it was so STFU

stevieray
12-31-2007, 01:21 PM

hardly anyone showed up.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 01:24 PM
hardly anyone showed up.

I didn't know that thanks.

Maybe the reason why hardly anyone showed up is because they don't live here and don't interact within the community except on 8 Sundays of the year?

I am not saying that is the reason just a thought.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 01:35 PM
I sent an instant message to KK and he just went off on Carl and his vote of approval. He says rumors are swirling that Carl maybe out though it may just be a PR move and they keep in the organization and move one of his lackeys like Kuharich in.

Clark is going to have a PC in a couple of weeks. Pathetic.

Donger
12-31-2007, 01:36 PM
hardly anyone showed up.

Was it held in Dallas?

Frazod
12-31-2007, 01:44 PM
There are some owners, like Mark Cuban, who actually care about winning. We should all know by now that the Hunts don't operate like he does.

I love the way some of you naive idiots actually think these people care about winning the way we fans do. WAKE UP PEOPLE, this is a business to them, and making money is the key. Rich people care about getting richer, and little else. Now, would Clark LIKE to win a Super Bowl or two? Sure he would - it would give him something to brag about to Chip and Buffy down at the country club. But that consideration is secondary to him lining his pockets with money derived from this team, a good deal of which comes from people like us. Carl has failed utterly from a winning standpoint, but from a making money standpoint, he's golden. Until that changes, we're f#cked. Those who say stay away are correct. No changes will be made until the organization becomes a liability. Unfortunately, I fear we will have to endure another wretched season of losing in a half-empty stadium for that to happen.

Donger
12-31-2007, 01:46 PM
I wonder if Carl's bio will be updated soon?

No matter the challenge, Peterson has a strong track record of guiding the Chiefs in the right direction. He has not only transformed the Chiefs into a model NFL organization, but has also built the franchise into one of pro sports’ finest and most respected entities. When Peterson took over the Chiefs, the franchise had been struggling on and off the field and was without any kind of national presence. Simply put, the club’s reversal of fortunes under Peterson since that time have been dramatic.

Under his continued guidance, the club has built and maintains one of the most loyal national fan followings and strongest season ticket bases of any pro sports team. The Chiefs boast individual season-ticket accounts from 48 states (update - all but Maine and Vermont), the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and Canada. Regarded as having one of the best and loudest gameday atmospheres in the entire league, the Chiefs consistently fill the NFL’s third-largest stadium (capacity 79,451), despite operating in the league’s sixth-smallest market. Kansas City has sold out 133 consecutive contests at Arrowhead — including five postseason games — dating back to ‘91.

And, apparently, the following are the successes that Carl's whole body of work encompasses:

Donger
12-31-2007, 01:48 PM
And this:

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 01:50 PM
There are some owners, like Mark Cuban, who actually care about winning. We should all know by now that the Hunts don't operate like he does.

I love the way some of you naive idiots actually think these people care about winning the way we fans do. WAKE UP PEOPLE, this is a business to them, and making money is the key. Rich people care about getting richer, and little else. Now, would Clark LIKE to win a Super Bowl or two? Sure he would - it would give him something to brag about to Chip and Buffy down at the country club. But that consideration is secondary to him lining his pockets with money derived from this team, a good deal of which comes from people like us. Carl has failed utterly from a winning standpoint, but from a making money standpoint, he's golden. Until that changes, we're f#cked. Those who say stay away are correct. No changes will be made until the organization becomes a liability. Unfortunately, I fear we will have to endure another wretched season of losing in a half-empty stadium for that to happen.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

siberian khatru
12-31-2007, 01:51 PM
[i]No matter the challenge, Peterson has a strong track record of guiding the Chiefs in the right direction. He has not only transformed the Chiefs into a model NFL organization, but has also built the franchise into one of pro sports’ finest and most respected entities. When Peterson took over the Chiefs, the franchise had been struggling on and off the field and was without any kind of national presence. Simply put, the club’s reversal of fortunes under Peterson since that time have been dramatic.

That must have been written in 1994.

Donger
12-31-2007, 01:53 PM
That must have been written in 1994.

Heh. Take a look at who's the head coach: http://www.kcchiefs.com/front_office/

Coach
12-31-2007, 02:57 PM

BTW, the rennovations are not soley on the backs of KC taxpayers..The Hunt's contribution doubled from 75 to 150 million.

Yet, I hear rumblings that the end of the 2008 season, ticket prices will go up 50%, regardless of where the team finishes in 2008.

Wonder where their money is "really" coming from.

But even that, Frazod pretty much nailed it on the head.

dirk digler
12-31-2007, 02:59 PM
Yet, I hear rumblings that the end of the 2008 season, ticket prices will go up 50%, regardless of where the team finishes in 2008.

I can't imagine the Chiefs raising ticket prices at all and if they raised them that high the stadium will definitely be empty

stevieray
12-31-2007, 03:08 PM

Wonder where their money is "really" coming from.

if they raised every ticket to a c note..it would take 15-20 years to generate that amount of cash..

Coach
12-31-2007, 03:10 PM
if they raised every ticket to a c note..it would take 15-20 years to generate that amount of cash..

Well, I know that I usually pay $84 ticket, which will cost sopmewhere around $120!

If that happens...I'm on the couch!