PDA

View Full Version : now it's official, Chiefs will draft 4th or 5th


cdcox
12-31-2007, 11:43 AM
Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of the Chiefs’ 3-11 record in common games while the Raiders were 2-12), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position; if Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.


http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true


Again, I'll point out that this is exactly the way I said it would happen as soon as the game was over yesterday. Mathematically, we have a 25% chance of the 4th and a 75% chance of the fifth.

KCFalcon59
12-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Go Faiders??????? :#

Cochise
12-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Michael Vick and his dog extermination operation cost us two slots. Great.

JBucc
12-31-2007, 11:49 AM
This probably means teh Faiders can get McFadden now if they want him. That sucks.

Dartgod
12-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Also from the same linked article...

Clubs involved in two-club ties will alternate positions from round-to-round. In ties that involve three or more clubs, the club at the top of a tied segment in a given round will move to the bottom of the segment for the next round, while all other clubs in the segment move up one position. This rotation continues throughout the draft.

I did not know this.

KC kid
12-31-2007, 11:54 AM
So did they say when these magical coin flips will happen

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 11:57 AM
This probably means teh Faiders can get McFadden now if they want him. That sucks.Does this mean you wanted McFadden?

OnTheWarpath58
12-31-2007, 11:57 AM
cdcox could verify this, but Denver knocked us out of 4th, I think.

Had Minnesota won, we would have stayed on game ahead of ATL on SOS.

But because Denver won, ATL made up that game because Denver's win is added twice to our total since we're division rivals.

DaFace
12-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Also from the same linked article...



I did not know this.

Huh. Interesting.

OnTheWarpath58
12-31-2007, 11:58 AM
So did they say when these magical coin flips will happen

They typically happen at the combine, but I haven't heard anything official.

Donger
12-31-2007, 12:00 PM
Also from the same linked article...



I did not know this.

So, the Chiefs get the third pick in the third round?

Woodrow Call
12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
Either way I'm excited about the type of talent the Chiefs should be able to pick up in the early rounds. They have a chance to get a few immediate starters. I just hope they don't screw it up.

OnTheWarpath58
12-31-2007, 12:02 PM
So, the Chiefs get the third pick in the third round?

If we pick 5th in R1, yes.

Dartgod
12-31-2007, 12:03 PM
So, the Chiefs get the third pick in the third round?
That's the way I read it. Unless the coin flip is favorable and we get the #4 overall. Then we would draft #3 in round 2.

Woodrow Call
12-31-2007, 12:04 PM
So, the Chiefs get the third pick in the third round?

Thats what I came up with. 4th in the 2nd, 3rd in the 3rd, 5th in the 4th, etc.

kstater
12-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Does this mean you wanted McFadden?


No, I think he's an Arkansas fan and doesn't want McFadden to go to Oakland.

OnTheWarpath58
12-31-2007, 12:09 PM
No, I think he's an Arkansas fan and doesn't want McFadden to go to Oakland.

Or that he doesn't want the best player in the draft to go to a division rival.

StcChief
12-31-2007, 12:10 PM
Either way I'm excited about the type of talent the Chiefs should be able to pick up in the early rounds. They have a chance to get a few immediate starters. I just hope they don't screw it up.
I have been saying this for years, It just happens way to often with great picks like Jenkins, Sims, Savaii, Gray etc.

The talent judging her has been less than mediocre.

cdcox
12-31-2007, 12:12 PM
cdcox could verify this, but Denver knocked us out of 4th, I think.

Had Minnesota won, we would have stayed on game ahead of ATL on SOS.

But because Denver won, ATL made up that game because Denver's win is added twice to our total since we're division rivals.

Yup. I guess that was payback for losing last year, thereby allowing us to back into the playoffs.

Dartgod
12-31-2007, 12:12 PM
I have been saying this for years, It just happens way to often with great picks like Jenkins, Sims, Savaii, Gray etc.

The talent judging her has been less than mediocre.

Gray?

Sure-Oz
12-31-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd hate for them to get Mcfadden, i wonder if they'll pass long

blueballs
12-31-2007, 12:19 PM
We've already got the 1st in the 5th
thank you Trent Green

BigRedChief
12-31-2007, 12:38 PM
So we either get these picks

#5, #36, #66, #98, #125(From Miami), #129

Or these

#4, #35, #69, #102, #125(from Miami), #129

Is this correct?

the Talking Can
12-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of the Chiefs’ 3-11 record in common games while the Raiders were 2-12), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position; if Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.


http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true


Again, I'll point out that this is exactly the way I said it would happen as soon as the game was over yesterday. Mathematically, we have a 25% chance of the 4th and a 75% chance of the fifth.

props

you called it

the Talking Can
12-31-2007, 12:40 PM
figures the one year we tank, and still a divisional rival picks ahead of us...

patteeu
12-31-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure why any team takes a RB so high in the draft, but why would Oakland want McFadden after taking Michael Bush last year? I would think they'd have bigger needs for players that are likely to have longer careers just like we do. I'm no expert on Raider areas of need, but if they want a PR-oriented pick, I'd think they'd be better served to draft Howie's son (assuming the draft gurus around here are right that he deserves a top-5-ish draft spot).

patteeu
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
So we either get these picks

#5, #36, #66, #98, #125(From Miami), #129

Or these

#4, #35, #69, #102, #125(from Miami), #129

Is this correct?

Assuming Atlanta would take a QB with their first pick (or maybe McFadden if Oakland passes on him), I think I'd rather end up getting the 5th overall pick.

Woodrow Call
12-31-2007, 12:50 PM
I don't see the Raiders taking McFadden. Fargas looked great and Bush should be ready. They will take one of the Longs probably Howie's boy IMO.

melbar
12-31-2007, 12:50 PM
NFL network just said we could still have #3

BigRedChief
12-31-2007, 01:03 PM
NFL network just said we could still have #3Not according to the Tentative Draft order posted on nfl.com. Best we can do is the 4th pick. worse the 5th.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true

Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of the Chiefs’ 3-11 record in common games while the Raiders were 2-12), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position; if Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.

Clubs involved in two-club ties will alternate positions from round-to-round. In ties that involve three or more clubs, the club at the top of a tied segment in a given round will move to the bottom of the segment for the next round, while all other clubs in the segment move up one position. This rotation continues throughout the draft.

Calcountry
12-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Atlanta, Kansas City, and Oakland had the same strength-of-schedule. Since Kansas City finished third in the AFC West and the Raiders fourth (the tie was broken on the basis of the Chiefs’ 3-11 record in common games while the Raiders were 2-12), the Raiders will draft ahead of the Chiefs. Atlanta and Oakland will flip a coin for the third position; if Atlanta wins, the Falcons will draft third, the Raiders fourth, and the Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win the coin flip, they will draft third, and the Falcons and Chiefs will flip a coin to determine the fourth and fifth positions.


http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d805a3a57&template=without-video&confirm=true


Again, I'll point out that this is exactly the way I said it would happen as soon as the game was over yesterday. Mathematically, we have a 25% chance of the 4th and a 75% chance of the fifth.ROFLMAO. There is one silver lining to all of this. My annual bet with the UPS driver was won with this information.

The Chiefs finished better than the Raiders, which is the bet.

bowener
12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Can we all just assume the worst and stop debating this? The Chiefs will pick 5th... afterall it is the Chiefs.

melbar
12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Sportsline.com has the Chiefs listed as #3 and a Question between ATL and OAK. NFL network just had #'s 3-4-5 llisted as Atl/KC/OAK on their draft order board. Looks like everyone is confused on this one...

cdcox
12-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Sportsline.com has the Chiefs listed as #3 and a Question between ATL and OAK. NFL network just had #'s 3-4-5 llisted as Atl/KC/OAK on their draft order board. Looks like everyone is confused on this one...

I'd trust nfl.com, the official site of the Natrional Footall League over a media outlet, including the NFL network that tends to run the same news loop for hours at a time.

the Talking Can
12-31-2007, 01:18 PM
no one is confused, but the fans...

Mr. Laz
12-31-2007, 01:21 PM
This probably means teh Faiders can get McFadden now if they want him. That sucks.
hey .... but at least cdcox was proven correct.

el borracho
12-31-2007, 01:23 PM
Haha! Raiders are still the dregs of the West! F U, Raiders!

King_Chief_Fan
12-31-2007, 02:11 PM
figures the one year we tank, and still a divisional rival picks ahead of us...

you just can't suck worse than the Raiders.......no matter how hard you try.

Ugly Duck
12-31-2007, 02:44 PM
why would Oakland want McFadden after taking Michael Bush last year?

McFadden is a way special athlete... small chance he'll be there at #3 or #4, but if he is Al Davis will snatch him up pronto. The guy can run, catch & pass. You just don't leave him on the board if he's there... someone will trade with Miami & take him #1.

p.s. Bush don't cost us much cuz we got him in the 4th.

I sure hope you guyz end up with #5, cuz there's 4 stars in this draft:

McFadden
Dorsey
Jake Long
Chris Long

After that there's some 2nd class players & pumped-up steroid freaks like Vernon Gholston:

http://menofthescarletandgray.com/wp-content/uploads/gholston1.jpg

smittysbar
12-31-2007, 02:47 PM
Great job cdcox. You have done a great job at keeping us all informed as to were we stand through the weekend. Rep to you sir!

Thanks

patteeu
12-31-2007, 03:03 PM
McFadden is a way special athlete... small chance he'll be there at #3 or #4, but if he is Al Davis will snatch him up pronto. The guy can run, catch & pass. You just don't leave him on the board if he's there... someone will trade with Miami & take him #1.

p.s. Bush don't cost us much cuz we got him in the 4th.

I sure hope you guyz end up with #5, cuz there's 4 stars in this draft:

McFadden
Dorsey
Jake Long
Chris Long

After that there's some 2nd class players & pumped-up steroid freaks like Vernon Gholston:

I hope you get McFadden. Better yet, I hope you throw an obscene offer at Miami, trade up, and get McFadden with the first pick.

RNR
12-31-2007, 03:36 PM
I hope you get McFadden. Better yet, I hope you throw an obscene offer at Miami, trade up, and get McFadden with the first pick.
No way Oakland trades up! They just paid a gazillion to the 1st overall last year. I hope they take Chris Long at 3 or 4

patteeu
12-31-2007, 03:51 PM
No way Oakland trades up! They just paid a gazillion to the 1st overall last year. I hope they take Chris Long at 3 or 4

Yeah, I understand. I'm just wishing for the worst. ;) :p

Logical
12-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Nice work cd, thanks.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2007, 04:27 PM
McFadden is a way special athlete... small chance he'll be there at #3 or #4, but if he is Al Davis will snatch him up pronto. The guy can run, catch & pass. You just don't leave him on the board if he's there... someone will trade with Miami & take him #1.

p.s. Bush don't cost us much cuz we got him in the 4th.

I sure hope you guyz end up with #5, cuz there's 4 stars in this draft:

McFadden
Dorsey
Jake Long
Chris Long




Don't worry Ellis or Oher will suffice :rockon:

Ugly Duck
12-31-2007, 04:30 PM
Don't worry Ellis or Oher will suffice :rockon:

A curse be upon you & your brethren

chief52
12-31-2007, 04:43 PM
No way Oakland trades up! They just paid a gazillion to the 1st overall last year. I hope they take Chris Long at 3 or 4

It will be awfully difficult for nostalgic old Al Davis to pass on Howie's boy...

wutamess
01-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Chiefs | Draft position to be determined at NFL Combine
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:17:26 -0800

The Kansas City Chiefs' draft position in the 2008 NFL Draft will be determined at the NFL Combine. The Oakland Raiders and Atlanta Falcons will flip a coin for the No. 3 overall pick in the draft. If Atlanta wins, the Falcons would pick third, the Raiders fourth and the Kansas City Chiefs fifth. If the Raiders win, the Falcons would flip a coin with the Chiefs to determine the No. 4 and No. 5 overall picks.

Raiders | Draft position to be determined at NFL Combine
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:16:48 -0800

The Oakland Raiders' draft position in the 2008 NFL Draft will be determined at the NFL Combine. The Raiders and Atlanta Falcons will flip a coin for the No. 3 overall pick in the draft. If Atlanta wins, the Falcons would pick third, the Raiders fourth and the Kansas City Chiefs fifth. If Oakland wins, they would pick third.

Falcons | Draft position to be determined at NFL Combine
Tue, 1 Jan 2008 20:16:23 -0800

The Atlanta Falcons' draft position in the 2008 NFL Draft will be determined at the NFL Combine. The Falcons and Oakland Raiders will flip a coin for the No. 3 overall pick in the draft. If Atlanta wins, they would pick third. If the Raiders win, the Falcons would flip a coin with the Kansas City Chiefs to determine the No. 4 and No. 5 overall picks.

Rain Man
01-01-2008, 11:18 PM
The only good things coming out of this season are Dwayne Bowe and the fact that we haven't had a worse season in 30 years and still finished ahead of the Raiders.

SBK
01-01-2008, 11:22 PM
The only good things coming out of this season are Dwayne Bowe and the fact that we haven't had a worse season in 30 years and still finished ahead of the Raiders.


LMAO