PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Kietzman's Sermon Today on 810 Sports

Pages : 1 [2]

old_geezer
12-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Can you picture Brody hoisting the lombardi?

He'd probably hurt himself.

KC Tattoo
12-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Can you picture Brodie hoisting the lombardi?

when Kitna was our QB I could never imagine him actually being good enough to win the superbowl. So i was happy when we got Hass even though he struggled for a year or two. I can definitaly see him someday winning a superbowl.

Yes I can. Brodie has all odds against him. A GM who never wants to draft a QB but reluctantly does becouse of pressure. Despite the odds Brodie can do it. It may be David VS Galiath. Brodie is the guy drafted from ALABAMA. We had #58 from Alabama now we have #12. Brodie can do it I know he can. He needs a team around him but #12 can do it. Brodie is the guy to bring us a Lombardi trophy.

Mecca
12-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Some people have really good drugs available to them.

KC Tattoo
12-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Some people have really good drugs available to them.

What ever. I like Brodie he is better than you want to give him credit for. He does have all odds against him but build a team around him and he has a chance for Super Bowl glory. Brodie has the tools he needs, but needs the team around him.

Mecca
12-31-2007, 08:35 PM
He has the same tools Kyle Boller and JP Losman do...

FAX
12-31-2007, 08:42 PM
Croyle bashing at this stage is kind of silly. It's like complaining about your brand new wife's cooking after two weeks of marriage. Besides, that KK knucklehead has been yammering for a first round QB pick since week 12.

For my part, I'm more than willing to chalk Croyle up as a backup-caliber player if he doesn't start coming along after we have a line that can block more than air and a little more time getting in sync with the receivers. Let's say 5 or 6 games into the new season. If he isn't demonstrating clear signs of franchise level ability at that point, I'll become a Croyle basher myself. But not yet. Not yet.

FAX

KC Tattoo
12-31-2007, 08:42 PM
He has the same tools Kyle Boller and JP Losman do...

He is better than those guys man.

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 08:43 PM
He has the same tools Kyle Boller and JP Losman do...I have been driving the Brodie Croyle bandwagon all season, but my allegiance is beginning to waver. Drafting Ryan, if he's available in our spot, would not be a bad thing.

FAX
12-31-2007, 08:45 PM
Croyle's low yards per attempt has a lot more to do with the OC than anything Croyle does. You can clearly see they call a much more conservative offense with Croyle in the game, especially on the road. This was GLARING in Detroit, and makes no sense.

I would rep this post if I knew how.

FAX

Mecca
12-31-2007, 08:46 PM
I don't hate Brodie Croyle, just from the time he was in college, to us picking him to now. I've never seen it with him, and I still don't. Until he does something to prove me otherwise I will never think he's the guy.

Like was said in another thread, I hated that pick, for various reasons and he has yet to show me I was wrong about that.

xbarretx
12-31-2007, 08:58 PM
I have been driving the Brodie Croyle bandwagon all season, but my allegiance is beginning to waver. Drafting Ryan, if he's available in our spot, would not be a bad thing.

providing we take the training wheels off the OC and let the Offense flow instinctively like the salmon of capastrano(sp?)

then yes, "i'd buy that for a dollar"

http://durtierice.250free.com/buyfordollar.jpg

stevieray
12-31-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't hate Brodie Croyle, just from the time he was in college, to us picking him to now. I've never seen it with him, and I still don't. Until he does something to prove me otherwise I will never think he's the guy.

Like was said in another thread, I hated that pick, for various reasons and he has yet to show me I was wrong about that.

please repeat this everyday for the next eight months.

please. with sugar on top.

KC Tattoo
12-31-2007, 09:06 PM
All I ask is give Brodie the team around him and he will be a successfull QB all the way around. Trent Green had the personell around him and he became successfull. What the hell does Brodie have to work with anyways?????

FAX
12-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Just one more item I'd like to mention in support of the premise that it's simply a tad too early to send over an Alabama mule to pick up Croyle's stuff. I haven't studied the statistics from the Jets game, but I'd be surprised if we generated more than 50 total yards rushing.

I hope the Croyle bashers stop and think about what it must be like to play quarterback when the enemy knows damn well you can't run the ball.

Croyle is trying to paddle a garbage scow across the Atlantic and Doofus Dooberton is navigating, guys.

FAX

ROYC75
12-31-2007, 09:12 PM
Can you picture Brodie hoisting the lombardi?

Sadly, I don't. Fugg all this" We have a bad OL"a stuff. Yes we do, but Horrid still got better results.

Has Brodie been given a chance to prove himself..... IMHO, Yes. He had last year to learn, he had off season to learn, he had a preseason to learn. I know it takes time....... But how long. I see Brodie as the same now as before. I haven't seen any growth in his play.

Now , with this said, I don't see him any worse either. So he can still adjust. So the question is, How long do you give him ?

Give me Matt Ryan if he is available, Brodie will have to step up or ride the # 2 spot as he still learns. Brodie should win the starting spot due to experence, but we all know how that worked this last year, he wasn't ready for it.

Now drafting Ryan is no gaurantee, but at least we have another QBOTF to grow with instead of Horrid.

We all know we have OL issues ....... address it as needed after. The hard part is if Jake Long is there, can you pass up on him and go with Ryan.

IMHO, I see Atlanta going with Ryan if they get the pick in front of us.

Mr. Laz
12-31-2007, 09:17 PM
I haven't seen any growth in his play.
then you haven't been looking close enough

btw - Huard was taught how to be an NFL Quarterback before he played under Herm/Solari

Croyle is having to learn under this pair of morons

huge handicap .... hell Huard is getting worse under Herm, imagine what Croyle is having to go through.

ROYC75
12-31-2007, 09:37 PM
then you haven't been looking close enough.

He has not excelled, at least not yet. He still is slow reading the open route, he throws behind the recievers too much and too hard on the softer routes. All of these things are correctable, my problem is he has had 2 years to know this by now. His durability issues still have me concerned. It appears that he is throwing the ball away now when needed too....

FTR, I wanted Brodie to start the season and play all season, he needs this experence. Am I able to continue with Brodie, Yes, but at the same time, if I was GM and Matt Ryan was there, I would take him as my backup on a guy ( Brodie ) I haven't been impressed with so far.

KC Tattoo
12-31-2007, 09:44 PM
NAME ONE TEAM WITH OUT A GOOD OFFENSIVE LINE THAT PROTECTED THE QB THAT WAS SUCCESSFULL AND GO TO THE PLAYOFFS WITH SUCCESS, NAME ONE TEAM. ANY BODY?

KC Tattoo
12-31-2007, 09:45 PM
NAME ONE TEAM WITH OUT A GOOD OFFENSIVE LINE THAT PROTECTED THE QB THAT WAS SUCCESSFULL AND GO TO THE PLAYOFFS WITH SUCCESS, NAME ONE TEAM. ANY BODY?

Caps lock on btw.

FAX
I can imagine what most new quarterbacks would look like behind this line, with this run game, with this OC, and with this idiotic playbook (see 1 yard pass to whomever).

It might be pretty funny, actually.

FAX

Mecca

Having a good line, and a good QB go together, it is also not required to use 1st round picks on lineman to have a good line...

How many first rounders on the Colts line, how many on the Pats, how about the Packers?

Good/Great QB's make their lines better.

KCJohnny
12-31-2007, 09:46 PM
then you haven't been looking close enough

btw - Huard was taught how to be an NFL Quarterback before he played under Herm/Solari

Croyle is having to learn under this pair of morons

huge handicap .... hell Huard is getting worse under Herm, imagine what Croyle is having to go through.

Look at the guys Huard has backed up: Marino, Brady, and Trent Green. Not exactly Sesame Street for QBs.

The way to save Brodie's career is simple: hire Dave Shula as OC (Shula was his HC at Alabama).

Mecca
12-31-2007, 09:47 PM
I can imagine what most new quarterbacks would look like behind this line, with this run game, with this OC, and with this idiotic playbook (see 1 yard pass to whomever).

It might be pretty funny, actually.

FAX

My plan also doesn't mean we don't work on the line also...

KC Tattoo
12-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Having a good line, and a good QB go together, it is also not required to use 1st round picks on lineman to have a good line...

How many first rounders on the Colts line, how many on the Pats, how about the Packers?

First year starting? Lets see how many successfull QBs had a O-line as bad as the Chiefs do this year?

siberian khatru
12-31-2007, 09:50 PM
The way to save Brodie's career is simple: hire Dave Shula as OC (Shula was his HC at Alabama).

(It's Mike Shula.)

Mecca
12-31-2007, 09:53 PM
First year starting? Lets see how many successfull QBs had a O-line as bad as the Chiefs do this year?

If they were the #1 pick probably more than you'd imagine considering how bad those teams usually are.

KC Tattoo
12-31-2007, 09:55 PM

& what was Favarfres(sp) record before the O-line got better and before they got Hawk? How many Ints did Favari(sp) have a couple of years ago before the O-line gelled?

Name one team with out a good O-line Mecca with a successfull QB? The Packers O-line is much better than they were a year ago and a year before that how good was Farfignuegen(sp) then?

KCJohnny
12-31-2007, 09:55 PM
(It's Mike Shula.)

Thank you, siberian khatru. I stand corrected. If Brian Schottenheimer can game plan to beat us with his offense, SURELY a Shula can help Brodie become a Brady.

;)

Coach
12-31-2007, 10:26 PM
What's great is that two of those three "franchise" QB's were utter shit in their first few NFL appearances.

alanm
12-31-2007, 10:36 PM
Matt Leinart has been hurt 1 time in 6 years...I'd say that's quite different than blowing both your ACL's and tearing up your shoulder....

I'd take Leinart over Croyle right now...I fully believe he will be good, given the time. He was also a much higher pick and will get his chance...

Your spelling of Leinart and Cardinals hurts my brain..you need a spell checker.

I also don't give a **** what a guy does in practice, it's about on the field.
And yet you're fond of work out warriors at the combine. I don't get it. :hmmm:

Coach
12-31-2007, 10:39 PM
If Leinart proceeds to get hurt again and not finish seasons then he's injury prone...

Croyle gets hurt basically every single year going back to high school.

Let me make this simple for you. Everybody's going to be injury prone. Hell, even Tom Brady is going to be listed on the injury report as "questionable/probable" but he's going to be playing, regardless of what injury.

So, as I repeat myself, Everbody is injury prone, one way or another.

Mecca
12-31-2007, 10:53 PM
And yet you're fond of work out warriors at the combine. I don't get it. :hmmm:

Like who, give me a workout warrior that I loved...

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2008, 12:01 AM

Colts won their Super Bowl with a first rounder at tackle, plus they gave up a first rounder to get Ugoh - which is the same analogy you use with Brett Favre.

Patriots have 1. And he is a freaking guard. But the Patriots are the odd ball at things anyways.

Packers have none.

kcfan82
01-01-2008, 01:15 AM
His point are obvious and have been for a long time, Carl is trying to keep us in the seats by throwing retreads at us who are just barely good enough to occasionally make the playoffs.

Imagine if you were the GM, in 19 years how many stars would you have drafted?

I sure as **** know I would have drafted more than Carl.

SDChief
01-01-2008, 01:26 AM
sorry to bring this one back to the top, but i had to step away for a few hours. I'm not saying at all that drafting a QB with our first pick is the totally wrong thing to do, but I haven't looked at the draft class that much. I'm sure an exception could be brought up with every Qb situation, but one that is pretty much in tact, whether a guy is a free agent, first round or late round is he has to be brought up in a good offensive system and tutored by the OC. Manning has his OC, Brady had Weis, Farve had Holmgren, Aikman had Turner, Montana had Walsh. You could even say that this situation can take a mediocre talent qb and make him a probowler (see Trent Green/Al Saunders)
I think that no matter if the Chiefs draft a guy or stick with Croyle, what they do at the OC position is going to determine how it goes. A winning QB in this league has to know the offense inside and out and be on the same page as the OC. You can not have a playbook and some offensive line coach up there playing Madden and calling plays. The chiefs have been using a reheated version of the Saunders playbook, picked a handful of plays, and had some guy trying out to be an OC. Can the right OC get Croyle to start going the right direction? Would we be better of taking a first round quality player at a position of need like corner, linebacker or OL? I dont think we should draft whatever QB is there just because we finally have a high pick.

Micjones
01-01-2008, 03:27 AM
We definitely need a competent Offensive Coordinator.

I'm fairly confident we'll get one in the off-season.

I still want us to nab Matt Ryan, but he'd go nicely with Cam Cameron.

patteeu
01-01-2008, 07:13 AM
Great post Stevie and I can't argue any part of that.

The only reason I and many others think drafting a QB this year is because we have alot of concerns about Brodie staying healthy for an entire season. I am of the opinion that if the Chiefs feel there is a franchise QB in the draft and they have chance to grab that guy then they have to do it because in order to win the SB your chances are alot better with a franchise QB. Also from Holthus comments today it appears they are completely starting over so now is the time to draft one if we are going to do it. But if they feel Brodie is the franchise QB then we need roll with him and see what happens.

Great post and I really appreciate your comments.

I don't think there is any doubt that the Chiefs would draft a QB if they "feel there is a franchise QB" available. Unfortunately, those seemingly sure-fire franchise quarterbacks (like Elway and Peyton Manning) aren't usually the guys available. It's a completely different issue when you're talking about taking a flyer on a guy who *might* develop into a franchise guy if you get lucky.

What Holthus was saying though, IMO, was that even if they believe in Croyle, the new philosophy of the Chiefs is going to be to keep picking up young QBs to create a developmental pipeline rather than backing up their starter with journeymen vets. Whether those young developmental QBs will come from the top of the draft or not is up in the air though.

dallaschiefsfan
01-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't think there is any doubt that the Chiefs would draft a QB if they "feel there is a franchise QB" available. Unfortunately, those seemingly sure-fire franchise quarterbacks (like Elway and Peyton Manning) aren't usually the guys available. It's a completely different issue when you're talking about taking a flyer on a guy who *might* develop into a franchise guy if you get lucky.

What Holthus was saying though, IMO, was that even if they believe in Croyle, the new philosophy of the Chiefs is going to be to keep picking up young QBs to create a developmental pipeline rather than backing up their starter with journeymen vets. Whether those young developmental QBs will come from the top of the draft or not is up in the air though.

Yeah...and while I prefer they grab a QB in the 1st and the 4th, I could live with one in the 2nd and the 4th. Either way, I think Croyle is the only keeper of the bunch unless letting go of Huard is cost prohibitive. If that's the case, I'd definitely go QB in the first and draft another guy in the 6th or 7th that you could put on the practice squad and keep Huard riding the bench at number 3.

leviw
01-01-2008, 08:29 AM
I thought the most fascinating thing of KK's rant yesterday was the topic itself.

The Star reported Carl said he was coming back and staying, and for KK, being a notorious Carl basher (for good reason), this would have been the opportune time to stand on his soapbox and proclaim that Carl has to go and there's no way Clark can keep him in his current role.

But KK, not being the idiot many of you claim he is, had that rant back in a monologue in May, when he did the research that backed up him calling Carl the worst GM in professional sports history. KK gives credit to Carl for one thing --hiring Marty. Filling the seats and pulling in profit, all of which Carl did and is credited for, is so, so, so simple in the NFL. And I give kudos to KK for being spot on on this thing for a long, long time.

Meanwhile, Neal Jones was by himself on 610 begging (as usual) for listeners to call in, all the while saying somebody had to take the fall for this season. BUT, people should still buy up all the tickets next season, because "How can you just stop going out there? I love game days at Arrowhead!" Instead, "just make signs that say "Fire Carl!" and "Fire Herm!" and wear bags on your head.

Stupidest, most flawed I've ever heard.

Messier
01-01-2008, 08:37 AM
I thought the most fascinating thing of KK's rant yesterday was the topic itself.

The Star reported Carl said he was coming back and staying, and for KK, being a notorious Carl basher (for good reason), this would have been the opportune time to stand on his soapbox and proclaim that Carl has to go and there's no way Clark can keep him in his current role.

But KK, not being the idiot many of you claim he is, had that rant back in a monologue in May, when he did the research that backed up him calling Carl the worst GM in professional sports history. KK gives credit to Carl for one thing --hiring Marty. Filling the seats and pulling in profit, all of which Carl did and is credited for, is so, so, so simple in the NFL. And I give kudos to KK for being spot on on this thing for a long, long time.

Meanwhile, Neal Jones was by himself on 610 begging (as usual) for listeners to call in, all the while saying somebody had to take the fall for this season. BUT, people should still buy up all the tickets next season, because "How can you just stop going out there? I love game days at Arrowhead!" Instead, "just make signs that say "Fire Carl!" and "Fire Herm!" and wear bags on your head.

You work for 810, don't you?

eazyb81
01-01-2008, 09:00 AM

The entire Neal and Marty show is embarrassing to listen to. Both of them are completely awful.

TEX
01-01-2008, 09:06 AM
The entire Neal and Marty show is embarrassing to listen to. Both of them are completely awful.

Kind of like Carl and Herm running the show at ARROWHEAD these days.

TEX
01-01-2008, 09:16 AM

That's exactly how I feel on the subject. I stated when we drafted him that he's the type of QB that 5 years down the line, we'll still be waiting for him to develop. Add that to him being injury-prone and you have nothing solid. The Chiefs shouldn't waste time with him by trying to see something that simply isn't there. Once the Chiefs feel this way, they need to see if there is a roll for him (maybe a #2) or cut ties quickly. He's a # 3 pick - they owe him nothing.

eazyb81
01-01-2008, 09:20 AM
That's exactly how I feel on the subject. I stated when we drafted him that he's the type of QB that 5 years down the line, we'll still be waiting for him to develop. Add that to him being injury-prone and you have nothing solid. The Chiefs waste time with him by trying to see something that simply isn't there. Once the Chiefs feel this way, they need to see if there is a roll for him (maybe a #2) or cut ties quickly. He's a # 3 pick - they owe him nothing.

I'm with you. He just finished his 2nd year in the league, and I still haven't seen any flashes that tell me he's capable of being a real stud.

With young QBs, you at least see something at times, like when Jamarcus Russell fired that laser TD on Sunday, but Croyle shows nothing.

FAX
01-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Patience, peeps. Patience.

FAX

Mr. Laz
01-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Patience, peeps. Patience.

FAX
wow ..... is this some kind of new fangled 2008 version of FAX?

Mr. Laz
01-01-2008, 09:47 AM
KK has been right about Carl for a long time and has taken heat for it .... so has Jack Harry.

you don't have to work for 810 to recognize that .... just have at least a half a brain.

milkman
01-01-2008, 09:52 AM
We definitely need a competent Offensive Coordinator.

I'm fairly confident we'll get one in the off-season.

Why?

What has Herman ****ing Edwards ever done to earn that confidence.

I am fairly confident that Herman ****ing Edwards is more likely to hire Dom Capers to be OC than Cam Cameron.

InChiefsHell
01-01-2008, 09:57 AM
FWIW, I didn't read the whole thread. The only disagreement I have with the OP is that I believe Trent Green was indeed a SB caliber QB...but as we all know the D was the problem with this team in his tenure here.

We do need a QBOTF, and after watching Brodie on Sunday, I think he probably is NOT that guy, but I still would like to see him try again with a better O-Line. Payton Manning would look like shit on this team with this abortion of an O-Line, so we can't really expect Brodie or any other young dude to do shit till that is fixed.

I really hope Carl goes away though. That to me is the biggest problem. Herm gets one more year, Brodie gets one more year, but Carl should have his office packed up and locked today...

suds79
01-01-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm late getting in on this thread but KK makes a great point that has me swaying on Jake Long.

The only way the Chiefs will ever win a SB is if they have one of the top 3 consistent QBs in the game.

And I don't need another minute to see of Brodie Croyle to know he could never be there.

Could he be top 15? Maybe. But top 3? Won't happen and thus, a SB will never happen.

So I suppose I'd be okay with taking a shot at a franchise QB in the 1st. You've got to try sooner or later.

WilliamTheIrish
01-01-2008, 11:06 AM

LMAO Yea, levi works for 810. That's gotta be it.

picasso
01-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Except for the Croyle bashing, he's probably right about all the other stuff.

The primary question an NFL team needs to answer if they want to win a super bowl is, "who is our franchise QB?". The primary question the Chiefs need to answer is, "Is Croyle our franchise QB?" If not - who is?

Unfortunately we elected this season to start Damon Huard and try to win now with one of the worst rosters in team history. It speaks to the incompetence of the front office that they thought this roster, which was lucky to win 4 games, could make the playoffs.

The primary purpose of this season should have been to answer the prime directive (tm) with respect to Croyle. Instead we chose to kid ourselves about not only the way the NFL works but the state of this team as well, and now we gained nothing the entire season besides watching our roster get older, watching Arrowhead empty on gameday, and prolonging the suffering of the fan base even further.

Why have we never won a Super Bowl? Because we have never developed a quarterback - indeed, we've rarely even tried.

BUT Huard did win 4 games for us and he was hurt going into the season.
What in the hell did Croyle do for the rest of the season? I think that speaks volumes about the player that Croyle is and what he will be.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm with you. He just finished his 2nd year in the league, and I still haven't seen any flashes that tell me he's capable of being a real stud.

With young QBs, you at least see something at times, like when Jamarcus Russell fired that laser TD on Sunday, but Croyle shows nothing.

The worst thing is when you watch games and think "we'd have probably won this game with Huard" or when Huard can come into a game and actually look better, that's just sad and leaves no hope.

xbarretx
01-01-2008, 12:42 PM
The worst thing is when you watch games and think "we'd have probably won this game with Huard" or when Huard can come into a game and actually look better, that's just sad and leaves no hope.

no need to beat the dead horse on that one Mec.

OnTheWarpath58

Yeah, that 30 yard laser TD that he had 10 seconds to throw.....

There's not a NFL QB that COULDN'T have made that throw with that kind of time.

Even Damon Huard.

TEX
Why?

What has Herman ****ing Edwards ever done to earn that confidence.

I am fairly confident that Herman ****ing Edwards is more likely to hire Dom Capers to be OC than Cam Cameron.

ROFL

The Bad Guy
01-01-2008, 12:49 PM
He is better than those guys man.

Based on what?

Just because he wears a Chiefs uniform?

JP Losman has more upside than Brodie Croyle.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2008, 12:50 PM

You make KCNut look like an Oxford Scholar.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 12:50 PM
Based on what?

Just because he wears a Chiefs uniform?

JP Losman has more upside than Brodie Croyle.

That's pretty much it, did you see the poll where Croyle won in a landslide over Russell about "who you'd rather have"? I found it pretty comical.

The Bad Guy
01-01-2008, 12:55 PM
What ever. I like Brodie he is better than you want to give him credit for. He does have all odds against him but build a team around him and he has a chance for Super Bowl glory. Brodie has the tools he needs, but needs the team around him.

Translation: Any young QB who puts on a Chiefs uniform has all the tools.

Are you really this blind?

Brodie Croyle didn't throw 1 pass to his top WR in the first half of the game last Sunday.

Croyle has a strong arm. That's about it.

When we finally get a good line, and he still sucks, does he still have all the tools?

The Bad Guy
01-01-2008, 12:56 PM
That's pretty much it, did you see the poll where Croyle won in a landslide over Russell about "who you'd rather have"? I found it pretty comical.

Anyone who voted for Croyle should have their nuts clipped and their eyesight taken away.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Anyone who voted for Croyle should have their nuts clipped and their eyesight taken away.

Read the thread for yourself. Mecca is conveniently leaving out the part about how the poll was worded.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177318&highlight=croyle+russell

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
If you really didn't vote for Russell due to money then you are scared, and unwilling to take risks and you will never win that way..

That would be like saying "we don't want the #1 pick it costs to much money!"

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2008, 01:04 PM
That's pretty much it, did you see the poll where Croyle won in a landslide over Russell about "who you'd rather have"? I found it pretty comical.I voted Croyle because of Russell's contract. If we are gonna give a young QB a contract like that, I'd rather it be Ryan.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:08 PM
I voted Croyle because of Russell's contract. If we are gonna give a young QB a contract like that, I'd rather it be Ryan.

Well Russell would go ahead of Ryan if they were in the same draft...Russell is a guy who'd be a top 2 pick every single time he was in the draft.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 01:11 PM
Well Russell would go ahead of Ryan if they were in the same draft...Russell is a guy who'd be a top 2 pick every single time he was in the draft.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Why?

Because he has a strong arm?

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:14 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Why?

Because he has a strong arm?

He has ridiculous tools, hey you can laugh all you want but every single scout will give him an A+ rating. He has size, decent mobility the rocket arm. He has every physical tool you look for a QB to have...

He would be a #1 pick most years, if he and Carson Palmer were in the same draft coming out of college there would be serious debate on who should go first, and that's from me an SC guy.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2008, 01:25 PM
He has ridiculous tools, hey you can laugh all you want but every single scout will give him an A+ rating. He has size, decent mobility the rocket arm. He has every physical tool you look for a QB to have...

He would be a #1 pick most years, if he and Carson Palmer were in the same draft coming out of college there would be serious debate on who should go first, and that's from me an SC guy. Reminds me of Culpepper to be honest. Another overated QB.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 01:36 PM

He would be a #1 pick most years, if he and Carson Palmer were in the same draft coming out of college there would be serious debate on who should go first, and that's from me an SC guy.

Ridiculous physical tools, minus a brain, does not equal success in the NFL.

You've lost your mind if you think Russell could sniff Palmer's jock.

His decision making was terrible in college. Some claim he struggles to read a defense.

Palmer had the physical tools as well as the mental make up to succeed at this level. He just needs some help on Defense to help out the Offense.

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Ridiculous physical tools, minus a brain, That would make him the black version of Jeff George...

FringeNC
01-01-2008, 02:15 PM
KK is partially right. It's all about QB AND LT, both of which can come either in the first round or sixth round or whatever. Selecting a QB in the first round has been far from a fool-proof strategy to reach the Super Bowl.

My view is that we see parity disappearing in this league because the top minds like at NE will find and develop the young talent continuously, and teams with no brain power running the show will suck no matter how many top 10 picks they have over the years.

Our hope I guess is that Kuharich IS really smart, and the Herm's ego allows himself to become Dungified, and lets a good offensive coordinator completely control his side of the ball without interference.

FAX
01-01-2008, 02:21 PM
... When we finally get a good line, and he still sucks, does he still have all the tools?

Good question, Mr. The Bad Guy peep guy man. I say, "no".

Still, I think we'll find out what we need to know before Tony retires. A lot of these problems have to do with basic pass protection and some of it has to do with the fact that we've been struggling in the run game. Throw in some wacky play calls and a scaled down offensive scheme, and it's kind of difficult to assess his ability to play the position satisfactorily.

FAX

Messier
01-01-2008, 02:54 PM
LMAO Yea, levi works for 810. That's gotta be it.

You work for 810 don't you?

xbarretx
01-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Ridiculous physical tools, minus a brain, does not equal success in the NFL.

You've lost your mind if you think Russell could sniff Palmer's jock.

His decision making was terrible in college. Some claim he struggles to read a defense.

Palmer had the physical tools as well as the mental make up to succeed at this level. He just needs some help on Defense to help out the Offense.

i think his brain isnít the issue i just think he was surrounded by a fantastic team thus he didnít have to worry about decision making b/c he had RB's that can run and receivers that certainly could catch.

now back to the draft -
the BEST news regarding this draft is worst we can do is 5th right? well the top 5 guys' positions ..atm

RB = good trade value if mcfadden fell (which he wont)
DT dorsey
DE long
QB brohm or ryan (depending on where you look)
OT long

that means providing the top 5 is like that, the Chiefs are guaranteed to get at least one position that can be an immediate impact player (minus ... or maybe even QB)

so if we stick to BPA , with all the chiefs picks.. we should come out of this draft smelling of roses in lavender oil (from at least a draft grade standpoint) because this draft is deep at what we need :hail:

p.s. yes I know I am either Mr. overly optimistic and/or crazy

Pushead2
01-04-2008, 09:28 AM
I feel if we can get Long , our line will benefit big time. Make Long LT , move the other waste to RT and we would be 3 out of 5.

xbarretx
01-04-2008, 09:37 AM
I feel if we can get Long , our line will benefit big time. Make Long LT , move the other waste to RT and we would be 3 out of 5.

Make no mistake i feel that any of the top 5 prospects this year would be a huge plus to have for the Chiefs and getting the top LT would be icing on the icing on the cake :p thatís double ICING!

dj56dt58
01-04-2008, 09:54 AM
I cant wait until we get rid of Croyle for some average qb and watch him turn into a top 5 qb..chief fans want to develop a qb but want it do happen in 6 games..jesus

xbarretx
01-04-2008, 10:11 AM
I cant wait until we get rid of Croyle for some average qb and watch him turn into a top 5 qb..chief fans want to develop a qb but want it do happen in 6 games..jesus

lets hope not, we need to have him play all of 08. Period.