PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I'm too old to be "down"

Archie F. Swin
12-31-2007, 07:51 PM
At the corner movie rental joint I approach the counter and hand the super cool 17 yr old goth stoner chick the flicks I wanna check out, one of them being "8 Mile". first she cautions me to not let my kids watch the movie featuring Eminem because it has a lot of bad words. I kind of suspected that but I just kindly agreed with a nod. Then she landed the upper-cut and pulled my 'cool card' at the same time by saying "You may not like the movie either...people your age may think what these kids are doing is stupid".

Well **** me!

I wanted too snatch the case out her hand and go upside her stupid, punk hair-don't. But I just said "I'm sure I like it...I like Eminem".

Hell I'm only 2 or 3 months older than Marshall Mathers.:huh:

Mecca
12-31-2007, 07:52 PM
Maybe you look old.

Bob Dole
12-31-2007, 07:53 PM
You're lost without your green-screen, aren't you?

siberian khatru
12-31-2007, 07:54 PM
I don't need checkout folks to comment on the movies I choose. I don't care if they're the next Kevin Smith or Quentin Tarantino, biding time behind the counter until they make their big indie film -- they can keep their fargin' opinions to themselves.

Archie F. Swin
12-31-2007, 07:56 PM
next time I'll bring my green screen and my light saber!

Skip Towne
12-31-2007, 07:56 PM
At the corner movie rental joint I approach the counter and hand the super cool 17 yr old goth stoner chick the flicks I wanna check out, one of them being "8 Mile". first she cautions me to not let my kids watch the movie featuring Eminem because it has a lot of bad words. I kind of suspected that but I just kindly agreed with a nod. Then she landed the upper-cut and pulled my 'cool card' at the same time by saying "You may not like the movie either...people your age may think what these kids are doing is stupid".

Well **** me!

I wanted too snatch the case out her hand and go upside her stupid, punk hair-don't. But I just said "I'm sure I like it...I like Eminem".

Hell I'm only 2 or 3 months older than Marshall Mathers.:huh:
Settle down there 'timer.

stevieray
12-31-2007, 07:57 PM

"gee thanks, man how 'bout that weather? cold fronts and cloudy...gloomy forecast...."

blueballs
12-31-2007, 07:57 PM
she has to work two hours
to clear enough to rent a movie

Archie F. Swin
12-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Settle down there 'timer.

oh NO you di-int!

Bob Dole
12-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Okay...try this:

"8 Mile" is not "groovy" and Eminem's music is not "far out".

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-31-2007, 08:07 PM
I lived in Las Vegas for 8 years before moving back here so we didn't ski much. I used to own my own skis but got rid of them in LV. First time I went to rent the kid asked me what size - with the "new" shaped skis I said I didn't know - my old skis were 210s.

"Dude - you had those old straight edge skis?"

Give me a f*ing cane.

Mecca
12-31-2007, 08:09 PM
Well hey I'm glad I'm not old.

old_geezer
12-31-2007, 08:10 PM
You think you've got problems - I'm 62 (in 2 days) and I love rock music and horror flicks.

Imagine the looks and comments I get when I plop Rob Zombie,Metallica, Flogging Molly and System of a Down CD's on the counter along with my Halloween, Skinwalkers, and Planet Terror DVD's. Sometimes the poor clerks look like they'd like to bolt from behind the counter. :)

Mr. Flopnuts
12-31-2007, 08:11 PM
You think you've got problems - I'm 62 (in 2 days) and I love rock music and horror flicks.

Imagine the looks and comments I get when I plop Rob Zombie,Metallica, Flogging Molly and System of a Down CD's on the counter along with my Halloween, Skinwalkers, and Planet Terror DVD's. Sometimes the poor clerks look like they'd like to bolt from behind the counter. :)

You sound like a pretty cool old ****er.

luv
12-31-2007, 08:12 PM
I got carded buying alcohol this evening. That doesn't happen as much anymore. Made my day. :D

kstater
12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
I got carded buying alcohol this evening. That doesn't happen as much anymore. Made my day. :D

I know. It's sad when I'm happy to get carded.

Bob Dole
12-31-2007, 08:13 PM
I lived in Las Vegas for 8 years before moving back here so we didn't ski much. I used to own my own skis but got rid of them in LV. First time I went to rent the kid asked me what size - with the "new" shaped skis I said I didn't know - my old skis were 210s.

"Dude - you had those old straight edge skis?"

Give me a f*ing cane.

WTF is wrong with you? Brian Head is less than 4 hours away, and while it's pretty lame, Mt. Charleston is within walking distance.

Ultra Peanut
12-31-2007, 08:14 PM
her stupid, punk hair-don't. Okay, you're old.

You're lost without your green-screen, aren't you?Awesome.

Imagine the looks and comments I get when I plop Rob Zombie,Metallica, Flogging Molly and System of a Down CD's on the counter along with my Halloween, Skinwalkers, and Planet Terror DVD's. Sometimes the poor clerks look like they'd like to bolt from behind the counter. :)Also awesome.

Well hey I'm glad I'm not old.hi5

Skip Towne
12-31-2007, 08:15 PM
You keep up that lippy talk you ain't going to GET old.

Bob Dole
12-31-2007, 08:15 PM

Silly is just as bad, if not worse...

blueballs
12-31-2007, 08:16 PM
Someone with a photographic memory
looking for a SSI number to rape

Mecca
12-31-2007, 08:18 PM
Sometimes I don't get carded but it seems since I have long hair and usually have a beard people think I'm "older"

Tribal Warfare

I'm glad that I don't look old, because some of my buddies already have the doomed receding hairline.

old_geezer
You sound like a pretty cool old ****er.

Got Serj Tankian's "Elect the Dead" on right now ( my birthday present to myself). Also bought "Snakes on a Plane" soundtrack and an album by Soundgarden today. Tomorrow I complete my gift buying when the 3rd Resident Evil DVD comes out. :)

My 30 year old son and I are always swapping music and even he's amazed at the diversity of my collection. Heck, I'll try almost anything once. (music)

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-31-2007, 08:20 PM
WTF is wrong with you? Brian Head is less than 4 hours away, and while it's pretty lame, Mt. Charleston is within walking distance.Went to BH couple of times, MC just sucks - think the busiest ski resort you can think of during spring break - just every weekend - small and crowded.

Once we had the kids - BH was just too expensive since we didn't feel like driving 8 hours each day to ski for 6-8 hours. Sucks when you don't have free babysitting and the kids aren't old enough to ski.

That's what I love about CO - my 5 year old is almost as good as my 10 year old and both love to ski. That's why the wife got ski gear this year - the kids are as good as she is and she want to go more often.

Mecca
12-31-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm glad that I don't look old, because some of my buddies already have the doomed receding hairline.

Ahaha 2 of my friends have them, and I'm older than they are actually. One has the huge bald spot in the back of his head that gradually gets bigger..

The other has the receding hairline where if he leans down you can see the line of thinning hair, if he lets it grow out at all it looks horrible, his hairline is like Hulk Hogans, no joke.

luv
12-31-2007, 08:25 PM
I know. It's sad when I'm happy to get carded.
They're supposed to card people who don't look at least 27. I'm four years beyond that.

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2007, 08:26 PM
Ahaha 2 of my friends have them, and I'm older than they are actually. One has the huge bald spot in the back of his head that gradually gets bigger..

The other has the receding hairline where if he leans down you can see the line of thinning hair, if he lets it grow out at all it looks horrible, his hairline is like Hulk Hogans, no joke.

yeah, it's funny when I do beer runs with my buddies they give me this look because I get carded every time and they don't. LMAO

luv
12-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Speaking of said alcohol, I do believe it's time to start drinking. Well, after I load the dishwasher. Oh god, I am old!

Bob Dole
12-31-2007, 08:39 PM

Stop talking about Archie like that, damnit.

Bob Dole
12-31-2007, 08:41 PM

Try having a really bushy, snow white beard at 28.

Mecca
12-31-2007, 08:43 PM
Try having a really bushy, snow white beard at 28.

Wow that would suck, I usually have some form of facial hair I'm 27..thankfully nothing resembling white hair comes in.

88TG88
12-31-2007, 09:11 PM
Isn't it past all you people's bed time.

Rain Man
12-31-2007, 09:41 PM
It's not that I don't understand younger people. I just don't care about them.

Archie F. Swin
12-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Stop talking about Archie like that, damnit.

damn...the former honorable gentleman went there again

luv
12-31-2007, 11:20 PM
It's not that I don't understand younger people. I just don't care about them.
Euthanasia!

damaticous
01-01-2008, 08:21 AM

HA HA!!! Now that's funny! lol :)

RedDread
01-01-2008, 08:59 AM
I got carded buying smokes yesterday :cuss:

RibKing67
01-01-2008, 11:54 AM
A new co-worker and I were talking about life experience, he stated that myself and another co-worker had him beat in age "by a long shot" come to find out he is one year older than I am.....Damn its been a hard life....

Phobia
01-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Honestly, Archie - I don't know how old you really are but from the pics I've seen I'd put you in your mid-40's. If you're in your mid-30's then you look a full decade older than you actually are. Sorry.