PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock: No comedy in Chiefs’ situation

Tribal Warfare
12-31-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/426107.html

No comedy in Chiefs’ situation

When I sat down to give out grades for the just-completed Kansas City Chiefs season, the theme song for the 1970s hit TV show “Welcome Back, Kotter” popped into my head.

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about.

Yep, I was grading a group of Sweathogs, remedial football students who had returned the Chiefs to the 1970s, an era fans had laughed about.

Jared Allen was the lovable star of the team, the Vinnie Barbarino. Tony Gonzalez was Freddie “Boom Boom” Washington, the athletic superstar. Kansas City’s offensive line was Hors(hack), the weakling weak link. And Herm Edwards was Juan Epstein, a tough-talking bully who had an excuse for every shortcoming. Of course, King Carl was Mr. Woodman, the bitter principal who looked down his nose at the Sweathogs.

That makes me Mr. Kotter, the man in charge of educating and evaluating these delinquent players. It was a very difficult job this year. A record number of players received D’s and F’s. Eddie Drummond was given a G, a new category that will forever be known as the Eddie Drummond Memorial Trophy.

Only Allen and Gonzalez received A’s.

Word is 18 Sweathogs will be booted out of school during winter and summer vacation. Mr. Woodman says he’s coming back for a 20th season.

Yeah we tease him a lot ‘cause we’ve got him on the spot, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

BigMeatballDave
12-31-2007, 10:30 PM
LMAO

Count Zarth
12-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Whitlock you lovable buffoon.

Extra Point
12-31-2007, 10:51 PM
"They call me Mr. Tubs." Fatlock

stumppy
12-31-2007, 10:53 PM
ROFL

He nailed Peterson.

Coach
12-31-2007, 11:04 PM
Want to know what's funny? Carl Peterson will be on vacation while the big names will be signed, and when he gets back, he gets a reject like a Kendrell Bell, Ty Law, Nap Harris, etc etc to make up for the fan's bitterness.

Then Draft day, they'll try to either trade down, or get a Tight End, converting him to a WR from Jackson State. Or a Safety, converting him to a LB/CB from Alabama State.

Then he'll go out and sign Chad Pennington.

Count Zarth
12-31-2007, 11:04 PM
LOL. Whitlock is great.

74 Damon Huard (21): The Chiefs’ opening-day starter couldn’t produce the magic he did a season ago. Last year’s valedictorian saw his grade slip 23 points. One day, football scientists will discover exactly how Huard squeezed four victories out of seven games to start this season. Yes, there is much discussion and hype about Tom Brady tossing 50 TD passes. But I’d like to see Brady come to Kansas City and go 4-3 behind KC’s offensive line and with Solari calling plays. Huard’s football tombstone will read: “4-3 in 2007.”

Count Zarth
12-31-2007, 11:06 PM
Hehe.

70 Michael Bennett (36): Yeah, I know he’s with Tampa Bay now. But I just wanted to remind everyone that the Chiefs traded Bennett to make room for Priest Holmes’ amazing comeback from a tingling sensation in his wallet. Doctors now believe the tingling sensation was caused by Carl Peterson trying to stick his hand in Priest’s billfold.

Count Zarth
12-31-2007, 11:11 PM
AMAZING.

61 Jason Dunn (26): When the running game stinks, Dunn has to shoulder some of the blame. He also got beat in pass protection a few times this year, too. JD had a good run here as Tony Gonzalez’s wing man at Mi Cocina. Maybe the slip in JD’s on-field play can be attributed to Gonzo’s commitment ceremony off the field. With Tony not playing as hard in the streets, it’s only natural that JD would fall into a rut and lose focus on and off the field. JD, if you’re reading this, I lost my wing man to an unexpected pregnancy and even more unexpected marriage two years ago. If you’re looking for work, drop me a line. I prefer Kona Grill, Blonde and an occasional visit to Diamond Joe’s to honor Derrick Thomas.

ferrarispider95
12-31-2007, 11:12 PM
post the grades, can't seem to find them

Count Zarth
12-31-2007, 11:15 PM
post the grades, can't seem to find them

For some reason the Star split them up

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/index.html

Count Zarth
12-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Ahahaha!!! A grievance!

52 Chris Terry (20): AFC defensive ends filed a joint grievance with the league when Terry no-showed at practice and was promptly cut. Indy’s Dwight Freeney personally called Carl Peterson and offered to pay Terry’s salary if the Chiefs would retain Terry for next season. Even Jared Allen was concerned about Terry’s departure, fearing he wouldn’t get to practice his sack dance throughout the week without Terry to abuse. An unconfirmed story says the Chiefs only cut Terry because the wives of Brodie Croyle and Damon Huard held a tear-filled meeting with Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson.

Count Zarth
12-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Whitlock didn't grade Carl and Herm or any coaches?

dtebbe
12-31-2007, 11:30 PM
Let's face it. We need to ready the paper bags now.

DT

BIG K
12-31-2007, 11:40 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/426107.html

No comedy in Chiefs’ situation

When I sat down to give out grades for the just-completed Kansas City Chiefs season, the theme song for the 1970s hit TV show “Welcome Back, Kotter” popped into my head.

Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about.

Yep, I was grading a group of Sweathogs, remedial football students who had returned the Chiefs to the 1970s, an era fans had laughed about.

Jared Allen was the lovable star of the team, the Vinnie Barbarino. Tony Gonzalez was Freddie “Boom Boom” Washington, the athletic superstar. Kansas City’s offensive line was Hors(hack), the weakling weak link. And Herm Edwards was Juan Epstein, a tough-talking bully who had an excuse for every shortcoming. Of course, King Carl was Mr. Woodman, the bitter principal who looked down his nose at the Sweathogs.

That makes me Mr. Kotter, the man in charge of educating and evaluating these delinquent players. It was a very difficult job this year. A record number of players received D’s and F’s. Eddie Drummond was given a G, a new category that will forever be known as the Eddie Drummond Memorial Trophy.

Only Allen and Gonzalez received A’s.

Word is 18 Sweathogs will be booted out of school during winter and summer vacation. Mr. Woodman says he’s coming back for a 20th season.

Yeah we tease him a lot ‘cause we’ve got him on the spot, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Gonzalez A, without question. When you have played for the Chiefs this long AND STILL manage to achieve the records, yeah, A+. Allen on the other hand, give me a break here. Yeah, he managed some stats this year, good for him. At what point during this season did he make a sack or strip a ball that actually changed the game? I remember one poster comparing him to D.T. Not even close. D.T. and yes, #90 also made game changing plays. I have yet to see Allen do the same. He is a 'good' DE and prolly the best the Chiefs have to field. But to give him an "A" is just stupid. When he actually can change the course of a game, let me know...

C+

Deberg_1990
01-01-2008, 12:05 AM
79 Derrick Johnson (5): If we analyzed DJ’s play based on what he did during KC’s first defensive series, we’d swear he’s a first-ballot Hall of Famer. Unfortunately, NFL games last 60 minutes, and Johnson fails to make big plays as the game wears on. There were people complaining that Johnson didn’t make the Pro Bowl. Why? He’s not consistent at all. I’m not convinced he’s in the kind of physical condition that the great players are. His body looks soft and his muscles relatively undefined compared with some of the great linebackers. The knock on Johnson at Texas was that he got away with just being a great athlete. It takes more than raw athleticism to play at a high level in a league filled with great athletes.

Pretty much my thoughts on him as well....

I wish he would strive to be better...

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2008, 12:11 AM
Gonzalez A, without question. When you have played for the Chiefs this long AND STILL manage to achieve the records, yeah, A+. Allen on the other hand, give me a break here. Yeah, he managed some stats this year, good for him. At what point during this season did he make a sack or strip a ball that actually changed the game? I remember one poster comparing him to D.T. Not even close. D.T. and yes, #90 also made game changing plays. I have yet to see Allen do the same. He is a 'good' DE and prolly the best the Chiefs have to field. But to give him an "A" is just stupid. When he actually can change the course of a game, let me know...

C+

He led the league in sacks. If that's a C+, then there are some shitty ass DE's out there.

Woodrow Call
01-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Agreed with most especially DJ. I hope he is right about going to a Denver type zone blocking, bootleg offense.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2008, 12:17 AM
Eddie Drummond gets a special grade: G

LMAO

40 Eddie Drummond (35): You know Eddie is going to spend the entire offseason laughing hysterically. He collected an NFL paycheck for a full season despite not doing anything in training camp or during the season. If Michael Vick can get two years for dog fighting, what exactly does Drummond deserve for armed robbery in front of 80,000 witnesses on 16 Sundays? Not since Omar Little declared war on the Barksdale organization has there been a stickup man as brazen as Drummond. (Another reference to “The Wire,” the best show on TV.)

BIG K
01-01-2008, 12:18 AM
He led the league in sacks. If that's a C+, then there are some shitty ass DE's out there.

How many of those 'league leading sacks' led to a win for the Chiefs? No, there are several great DE's out there. Allen is not one of them yet, unless you are speaking only of league stats....

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2008, 12:21 AM
How many of those 'league leading sacks' led to a win for the Chiefs? No, there are several great DE's out there. Allen is not one of them yet, unless you are speaking only of league stats....

Agree to disagree. He's not Freeney, nor should he be paid like him, but he is an elite DE in this league IMO. Don't get nasty on me now, we share the same birthday.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 12:24 AM
He's basically calling Allen a garbage time or a guy who makes plays when it doesn't matter much.

He's saying yea he has great stats but show me where he made one of those plays when it really counted.

ZootedGranny
01-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Next year, the Chiefs will run Denver’s zone-block run game and bootleg pass game, which makes sense for Brodie.

That's twice that I've seen reference to changing to a zone blocking scheme.

Thank God he plays in the NFL, where it’s socially acceptable to come back 30 pounds heavier without raising an eyebrow. Even with the extra human growth, Turley had difficulty blocking anyone.

Sad to imagine Turley being on that shit and it not helping.

And yes, The Wire is the best show on tv.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2008, 12:32 AM
He's basically calling Allen a garbage time or a guy who makes plays when it doesn't matter much.

He's saying yea he has great stats but show me where he made one of those plays when it really counted.

Yeah, he hasn't had much of an opportunity to make it count. If you're saying he dissapears in big games, I can't really argue with that. Doesn't mean that's what he's all about though. He led the league in sacks. That makes him an elite DE in my eyes.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 12:33 AM
He had a good year, I think he needs to consistently do it to say he's as good as some of the guys who've been doing it year in and year out.

BIG K
01-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Agree to disagree. He's not Freeney, nor should he be paid like him, but he is an elite DE in this league IMO. Don't get nasty on me now, we share the same birthday.

Awesome that we have the same b-day.! People say we are 'bullheaded', but I dont believe em'...

All I am saying is that, the author of the article gave Gonzo and Allen A's for the year. Ok, sure, if there were bright spots, it was Allen and Gonzo. But Gonzo has actually changed the course of many games, for that, he receives my highest grade. Allen is fun to watch, and does some good things. However, I can only remember one game that he actually took over and changed the course of the game. I apologize Mr. Flopnuts, but until I see a Chiefs player on defense that takes over a game and helps lead to a win on a somewhat consistent basis, I cannot ordain Mr. Allen as "Elite", regardless of his stats....

I would love to know the break down his sacks on the 4 wins versus his sacks on the 8 losses....

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2008, 12:36 AM
He had a good year, I think he needs to consistently do it to say he's as good as some of the guys who've been doing it year in and year out.

Absolutely. To me, he's established himself as a premier DE, now he has to prove that he belongs. It's a contract year. I expected a higher performance. We'll see what he can do with a franchise tag, I don't expect him to get a long term deal this off season.

BIG K
01-01-2008, 12:38 AM

For the record, I never called Allen garbage. He is the best defensive player the Chief's have, period.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Awesome that we have the same b-day.! People say we are 'bullheaded', but I dont believe em'...

All I am saying is that, the author of the article gave Gonzo and Allen A's for the year. Ok, sure, if there were bright spots, it was Allen and Gonzo. But Gonzo has actually changed the course of many games, for that, he receives my highest grade. Allen is fun to watch, and does some good things. However, I can only remember one game that he actually took over and changed the course of the game. I apologize Mr. Flopnuts, but until I see a Chiefs player on defense that takes over a game and helps lead to a win on a somewhat consistent basis, I cannot ordain Mr. Allen as "Elite", regardless of his stats....

I would love to know the break down his sacks on the 4 wins versus his sacks on the 8 losses....

Elite may have been a strong word. I do think he is premier at this point, because he led the league in sacks. Maybe I'm overvaluing that, but to me it's a fundamental responsibility. Get to the QB. Will he stay at this level? I don't know. I just think he reached it. I was just messin with you earlier btw. We do have the same birthday, but I knew you weren't an asshole. :)

BIG K
01-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Elite may have been a strong word. I do think he is premier at this point, because he led the league in sacks. Maybe I'm overvaluing that, but to me it's a fundamental responsibility. Get to the QB. Will he stay at this level? I don't know. I just think he reached it. I was just messin with you earlier btw. We do have the same birthday, but I knew you weren't an asshole. :)

You just don't know me well enough to call me an asshole, it's all good! :) We're actually on the same page here. Allen is one of those guys you can build a defense around. If the guy gets a little help in the middle, he may actually start to take over some games. He definately has the heart for it...

Count Zarth
01-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Coaches are up!

Front office and coaches

41 Carl Peterson: The truth is, no one would miss King Carl more than yours truly if he did the manly thing and walked away from the mess he created. What would I do without the King to poke? I hope Peterson hangs on forever. And, to be honest, I hope the Chiefs win seven or eight games next year, so that the King regains some of his arrogance. He’s actually making it a point to speak politely to reporters and not be incredibly condescending. The next thing you know, he’ll instruct his media manipulator Bob Moore to feed the media more than powdered eggs and bacon bits before games. Yep, in a city with the best barbecue in the world, King Carl reps KC to visiting media with Army rations. What, did you expect me to repeat all of the King’s personnel mistakes? You know all of that.

63 Herm Edwards: Herm skates my wrath because he was handcuffed by King Carl’s desire to back into the playoffs again. The Chiefs should’ve been in full-scale rebuilding mode in 2006. Herm couldn’t do it because Peterson’s ego can’t handle rebuilding and his personnel staff can’t draft. Herm needs to put together an NFL-worthy coaching staff this offseason. He should start the process by apologizing to Terry Shea and cutting ties with Dick Curl. Special-teams coach Mike Priefer deserves a New Year’s Day pink slip, too.

65 Gunther Cunningham: Man, I was actually going to give Gunther a good grade until I read Adam Teicher’s story about Gun’s free-agent wish list (Kendrell Bell, Patrick Surtain, Carlos Hall, etc.) from a couple of years ago. Kansas City’s defense was supposed to be the strength of this squad.

59 Mike Solari: You are what your numbers say you are. Only the 49ers scored fewer points than the Chiefs. Solari is partially responsible for that. The Chiefs should offer to let him stay as offensive-line coach for the same money he earned as offensive coordinator. Fixing the O-line is the team’s No. 1 priority. The Chiefs might as well start the process with a proven O-line coach.

Mr. Kotter
01-01-2008, 12:59 AM
:mad:

Dammit, Jason. :cuss:

35K posts on a discussion board you frequent, and you can't even acknowledge....that I inspired your column.

As Eric Cartman would say, ""Respect my authoritaah!!....or git your bitch-ass back in the kitchen and bake me some pie!"

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

KcMizzou
01-01-2008, 01:01 AM
:mad:

Dammit, Jason. :cuss:

35K posts on a discussion board you frequent, and you can't even acknowledge....that I inspired your column.

As Eric Cartman would say, ""Respect my authoritaah!!....or git your bitch-ass back in the kitchen and bake me some pie!"

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:LMAO

Yeah, It was all you, GOATSE. :p

Chiefs_5627
01-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Wow, now Jared Allen is being bagged on?!? ROFL

KcMizzou
01-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Wow, now Jared Allen is being bagged on?!? ROFLHas been for a while... it makes no sense. But hey, the fans are pissed and I guess nobody is safe.

I've heard people talking about trading Bowe for a pick. WTF kind of sense does THAT make?!?! Trade a 1st round pick that worked out, for a 1st round pick that might not?

It makes my brain hurt.

Chiefs_5627
01-01-2008, 01:09 AM
Has been for a while... it makes no sense. But hey, the fans are pissed and I guess nobody is safe.

I've heard people talking about trading Bowe for a pick. WTF kind of sense does THAT make?!?! Trade a 1st round pick that worked out, for a 1st round pick that might not?

It makes my brain hurt.

Yeah, its getting pretty silly, too many "Maddeneers". :)

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 03:29 AM

Allen is a 1st half player...but I'm pretty sure the 1st half means something in the NFL...

jwhit
01-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Happy New Year

Otter
01-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Please excuse Tony Gonzales from the team this year. He has a rare disease that only gets worse when he’s in the presence of Carl and Herm. Signed: Epstein’s Mother.

KevB
01-01-2008, 07:44 AM
Mr. K, you wanted to know when Allen made a play that mattered? How about the Cincy game? He essentially won that game single-handedly as much as a DE can win a game. He got a good tackle benched during the game, which is unheard of. Just sayin'.....

ChiefsFan4Life
01-01-2008, 07:59 AM
Whats up with the Star's website? I am getting a "missing page" for the F's, G's, and Staff right now

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Wow, now Jared Allen is being bagged on?!? ROFL

people make up their minds about players, facts are worthless at that point.....

FAX
01-01-2008, 08:05 AM
people make up their minds about players, facts are worthless at that point.....

Troof, peep.

FAX

milkman
01-01-2008, 08:28 AM
For the record, I never called Allen garbage. He is the best defensive player the Chief's have, period.

The reality is that you can't make "game changing plays" unless you have a team that can take advantage of those plays.

Allen made plays.

They weren't game changing because the rest of the team, and more importantly, the coaching staff sucked ass.

milkman
01-01-2008, 08:34 AM

C+

Exactly what did Tony G do that earns him an A.

Big ****ing deal.

He set some records.

So what.

That is just as much a testament to longevity as it is to any Playmaking ability.

How many of his catches this season were game changing, and led to wins.

Exactly as many as JA.

The Chiefs sucked ass this year, in spite of the efforts of JA and TG.

blueballs
01-01-2008, 09:11 AM
THe only thing about this that makes sense
is the games should have came with a laugh track
and whiltlock watches too much tv

Guru
01-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Damn Jason. No A for Colquitt?

stevieray
01-01-2008, 09:51 AM
"he's not elite"

Yes, he is, to everyone in the NFL.

"well, he doesn't make plays when they count the most"

I see, only certain plays matter, and certain sacks, pressures, forced fumbles matter, and they only matter if they "change the game"...because we all know that those things normally don't change the course of a game, unless a playerr of another team accomplishes them.

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 10:00 AM
How many game changing plays did Jason Taylor make this year?

he's not elite either because elite players single handedly win 8 games....

Coogs
01-01-2008, 10:19 AM
65 Gunther Cunningham: Man, I was actually going to give Gunther a good grade until I read Adam Teicher’s story about Gun’s free-agent wish list (Kendrell Bell, Patrick Surtain, Carlos Hall, etc.) from a couple of years ago. Kansas City’s defense was supposed to be the strength of this squad.

Anyone know where this article can be found? I searched the Planet, but didn't find it, and I can't find it on the Star site either.

Deberg_1990
01-01-2008, 10:39 AM
HAHAHA....Hilarious but true!

70 Michael Bennett (36): Yeah, I know he’s with Tampa Bay now. But I just wanted to remind everyone that the Chiefs traded Bennett to make room for Priest Holmes’ amazing comeback from a tingling sensation in his wallet. Doctors now believe the tingling sensation was caused by Carl Peterson trying to stick his hand in Priest’s billfold.

DJJasonp
01-01-2008, 10:48 AM
two things stick out as spot on and hilarious...

50 Samie Parker (31): Samie has fallen and he can’t get up. That’s how he’ll be remembered in Kansas City — for flopping on the ground at the end of the Detroit game and lying on the turf as if he’d been shot by a sniper. Is it fair to say Samie is not a poor man’s Steve Smith? He might be an unborn homeless man’s Steve Smith.

And calling bigfoot a "east-west receiver"

BIG K
01-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Exactly what did Tony G do that earns him an A.

Big ****ing deal.

He set some records.

So what.

That is just as much a testament to longevity as it is to any Playmaking ability.

How many of his catches this season were game changing, and led to wins.

Exactly as many as JA.

The Chiefs sucked ass this year, in spite of the efforts of JA and TG.

So, by all accounts, LJ is an elite back because he had an impressive stat season? Big ****ing deal about JA's fifteen sacks. Eric Hicks had 14.5 one year, is he also an elite DE? Some of you folks are letting your blind loyalty cloud your judgements. Comparing him to DT, Jason Taylor, and himself comparing himself to Freeney is just ****ing stupid. I like JA too, he is fun to watch and he COULD become something special. But the other guys mentioned have been playmakers, game changers year in and year out, kind of like Gonzo. Those guys have proven themselves as elite.

Sorry if I am not ready to join your guys' circle jerk over JA's (1) statistic wise 'good year'..Let me know in a couple of years if he is still competing at a high level..

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Jason Taylor was pretty average this year....it happens.

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
So, by all accounts, LJ is an elite back because he had an impressive stat season? Big ****ing deal about JA's fifteen sacks. Eric Hicks had 14.5 one year, is he also an elite DE? Some of you folks are letting your blind loyalty cloud your judgements. Comparing him to DT, Jason Taylor, and himself comparing himself to Freeney is just ****ing stupid. I like JA too, he is fun to watch and he COULD become something special. But the other guys mentioned have been playmakers, game changers year in and year out, kind of like Gonzo. Those guys have proven themselves as elite.

Sorry if I am not ready to join your guys' circle jerk over JA's (1) statistic wise 'good year'..Let me know in a couple of years if he is still competing at a high level..

you are ****ing stupid

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 01:06 PM
dude...Jared Allen is better against the run than Freeney...and that isn't even close...also, JA had a BILLION batted balls...he wasn't as good against the run this year as he was last year...but he also had 15.5 sacks in 14 games...

He's going to get a BOAT load of money (if we don't tag him)...probably more than Freeney (or at least just as much...)

BIG K
01-01-2008, 01:07 PM
you are ****ing stupid

Way to handle yourself dumbass..

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Way to handle yourself dumbass..

are you by any chance in mecca's basement?

BIG K
01-01-2008, 01:13 PM
are you by any chance in mecca's basement?

Ignorant, ball less individuals such as yourself, are why I rarely show up here.

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Ignorant, ball less individuals such as yourself, are why I rarely show up here.

oh, you're in kcjohnny's basement....

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
dude...Jared Allen is better against the run than Freeney...and that isn't even close...also, JA had a BILLION batted balls...he wasn't as good against the run this year as he was last year...but he also had 15.5 sacks in 14 games...

He's going to get a BOAT load of money (if we don't tag him)...probably more than Freeney (or at least just as much...)

Ok now I'm not arguing that Allen sucks or anything like that but he shouldn't be the highest paid DE in the league.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Ok now I'm not arguing that Allen sucks or anything like that but he shouldn't be the highest paid DE in the league.
Why?

He's the best all around DE in the game...

He struggled a little against the run the second half of the season...but he made SEVERAL great plays in the backfield against the running game while we were winning, and he made key play after key play all year long...no DE played better than Jared Allen this year in the NFL...and I said after last year (when Allen only had 7 sacks or so) that he was the most valuable player on our team (and he improved even MORE this year)...

He's gotten better every year...and there is no reason to think he's going to slow down.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Ok I'm not going to argue this but if you wanna pay Jared Allen 80 million dollars be my guest.

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Ok I'm not going to argue this but if you wanna pay Jared Allen 80 million dollars be my guest.

yes, change the subject from "Allen is Eric Hicks" to "you want to pay him 600 billion dollars".....

typical

Brock
01-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Kawika Mitchell is going to get 30 million dollars /mecca

BIG K
01-01-2008, 01:30 PM
yes, change the subject from "Allen is Eric Hicks" to "you want to pay him 600 billion dollars".....

typical

When was the subject ever Allen is Eric Hicks.? I understand your stupid but, you can't read either?

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Because if I say anything remotely that isn't "Allen is the best ever" then I think he sucks and he's Eric Hicks. Let em beat the straw man I don't care.

We'll win a championship with a team built around a DE and a TE without a QB, that'll work.

BIG K
01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
Because if I say anything remotely that isn't "Allen is the best ever" then I think he sucks and he's Eric Hicks. Let em beat the straw man I don't care.

We'll win a championship with a team built around a DE and a TE without a QB, that'll work.

How dare you speak ill of Allen. I bet you didn't join their circle jerk for LJ's one good season either, huh? You are a jerk...

Have a happy New Year's Day!:)

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
I don't want to pay him anything...but he's not going to take a discount contract to play for KC...

We'll probably tag him the next two years...

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 01:39 PM
and as much as the LJ contract didn't work out last season (I'm not counting him out yet), we really got him for cheaper than we should've gotten him for (after back to back 1750 yard seasons)...

BIG K
01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't want to pay him anything...but he's not going to take a discount contract to play for KC...

We'll probably tag him the next two years...

Can you tag him for two consecutive years?

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Can you tag him for two consecutive years?
I'm pretty sure we can tag him for 30 consecutive years...

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 01:42 PM
If we tag him for two years in a row, he'll still make 24 million dollars...

the Talking Can

and martyr mecca arrives on schedule....

Mecca
They should tag him, it's good way to make sure he can do it again and not get burned.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 01:46 PM
They should tag him, it's good way to make sure he can do it again and not get burned.
he's done it four years in a row now...

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Playing this well, uh no. Before he was a good end, he never came close to touching 15 sacks before or being able to ask for top 5 money.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 01:51 PM
he isn't one dimensional like Strahan or Freeney...

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Whoa Strahan is 1 dimensional....I think you confused him with their other end.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Whoa Strahan is 1 dimensional....I think you confused him with their other end.
well, back in his prime he was a beast but now all he does is go for the sack...doesn't defend the run that well anymore...you can chalk that up to old age though...

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Look now they should keep Allen, hindsight is 20/20 but we'd look better if we had signed him last year and walked from LJ..or well walked from LJ in general...

He's an end so he should be good for at least 5 more years, I just hope they are smart about this and don't grossly overpay.

Short Leash Hootie
01-01-2008, 02:02 PM
he's worth top 5 DE money...he's going to get that money...he isn't going to sign for less than he's worth...

Uncle_Ted
01-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Man that pic in your sig is disturbing ... did you lose a bet?

milkman
01-01-2008, 05:15 PM

You are missing the point.

There are playmakers on almost every team, even suckass teams like the Chiefs.

JA is one of those.

I don't suffer from blind loyalty.

I've never been a fan of TG and thought he was a guy we should have used as trade bait years ago, because you simply don't build a team around a TE.

An elite TE is a luxury, but you can win without one.

JA isn't the best DE in the game, but he is a playmaker, and a guy you can build a defense around.

JA made plays this year, but the offense, with TG, couldn't take advantage of those plays.

FAX
01-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Beggars can't be choosers. We should be dang glad that JA is on our team. That makes two good players, so far.

FAX

jwhit
01-01-2008, 07:31 PM
these r my best grades ever.

booger
01-01-2008, 07:33 PM
no grade for curved dick imean curl?

Brock
01-01-2008, 07:34 PM

who'd you steal these from?

Count Zarth
01-01-2008, 07:39 PM
no grade for curved dick imean curl?

I gave Dicky a grade.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=177804&highlight=grading+chiefs+offense

doomy3
01-01-2008, 07:41 PM

This was entertaining, I will definitely give you that

booger
01-01-2008, 07:45 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/coach/dick_curl/

Dick curl is a old stupid wrinkly bitch
Dick curl has no upper lip
Dick curl has no upper lip