PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs gave me a damn good scare this season

Ugly Duck
12-31-2007, 10:56 PM
The few Planeteers that actually read my drivel know that I've been whining & crying all season that KC would suck bad enough to take Oakland's draft pick. Well, I'm happy to admit that I was wrong. Looks like we barely squeaked by the Chiefs & will draft before them. It was close...... too close. You were better than us by the slimmest of measly margins - just by the hair of your chinny-chin-chin. There are but four major names in this draft:

McFadden
Dorsey
Jake Long
Chris Long

KC still has a slim chance of landing one. If the Falcons win the first toss, Oakland picks 4th, you guys miss out & may as well trade down. If Oakland wins the toss, we pick 3rd and the Chiefs would then have a 50/50 chance of getting one of the Big Four. So c'mon everybody now - root for Oakland the land the #3 spot! Its the best thing for your team!

cdcox
12-31-2007, 11:54 PM
If the Falcons win the first toss, Oakland picks 4th, you guys miss out & may as well trade down. If Oakland wins the toss, we pick 3rd and the Chiefs would then have a 50/50 chance of getting one of the Big Four.

Really?

KCJohnny
12-31-2007, 11:56 PM
Any of that 4 will improve the Chiefs. As stuck as we are with Carl Peterson, you're worse off with Al Davis.

Happy New Year,
KCJ
:arrow:

Ugly Duck
01-01-2008, 05:00 AM
Really?

Yeah... if you consider a coin-flip a 50/50 proposition....

mikey23545
01-01-2008, 06:18 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure if any teams will even bother to pick anyone after those first four are gone....The NFL will probably just shut the draft down early...

Skip Towne
01-01-2008, 06:33 AM
The few Planeteers that actually read my drivel know that I've been whining & crying all season that KC would suck bad enough to take Oakland's draft pick. Well, I'm happy to admit that I was wrong. Looks like we barely squeaked by the Chiefs & will draft before them. It was close...... too close. You were better than us by the slimmest of measly margins - just by the hair of your chinny-chin-chin. There are but four major names in this draft:

McFadden
Dorsey
Jake Long
Chris Long

KC still has a slim chance of landing one. If the Falcons win the first toss, Oakland picks 4th, you guys miss out & may as well trade down. If Oakland wins the toss, we pick 3rd and the Chiefs would then have a 50/50 chance of getting one of the Big Four. So c'mon everybody now - root for Oakland the land the #3 spot! Its the best thing for your team!
Why you little weasel I oughtta..........rochambeau

chop
01-01-2008, 07:12 AM
I think the Chiefs will still have a chance at one of those four players even if they pick 5th. I'm not sure that the Falcons will pass on taking a QB with their first pick.

morphius
01-01-2008, 09:15 AM
luckily you won't get them signed until TC is over and he will have to spend the year on the bench.

seclark
01-01-2008, 09:18 AM
luckily you won't get them signed until TC is over and he will have to spend the year on the bench.
^^
gets it.
sec

Mr. Laz
01-01-2008, 09:23 AM
not that i agree with your evaluation of talent ..... but i still think Atlanta goes QB with their 1st pick unless Donovan McNabb ends up with the Falcons.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2008, 09:24 AM
as opposed to halfway through training camp for us? :sulk:

TEX
01-01-2008, 09:26 AM

McFadden
Dorsey
Jake Long
Chris Long

Duck,
What sucks is that even in a year when we sink as low as your Raiders - we're still not low enough to secure one of the above listed players outright. Man, we can't even suck ass the right way... :shake:

Ugly Duck
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Man, we can't even suck ass the right way... :shake:

Ok... now that was funny!