PDA

View Full Version : McFadden

listopencil
01-01-2008, 09:54 AM
I've heard a lot of hype about him but I'm just now getting to watch him play. So far he looks strong and fast...but he runs dumb. Maybe he's just raw. Maybe he hasn't hit his rhythm yet. Maybe he's used to going against smaller college guys and he thinks he can just bowl people over.

He definitely runs hard, though. Any chance KC picks him up in the draft?

listopencil
01-01-2008, 09:56 AM
I mean...Jesus. It was just a third and four, and he just plowed into his own blocker when he had space to his right. Am I missing something? Is McFadden blind in one eye or something?

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Dumb donk. :shake:

Demonpenz
01-01-2008, 09:58 AM
he is trying to fall on his own so he doesn't get hurt

JBucc
01-01-2008, 09:59 AM
A valid criticism. Could learn a thing or two from Felix about using blockers.

BigMeatballDave
We better not. I think the Raiders take him.

doomy3
Yeah, McFadden sucks. None of the "experts" know what they are talking about. And his stats are skewed. And he drove an Escalade to Texas.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Dumb donk. :shake:

If he plays this way in the pros he's going to bust as a high first rounder, if the hype is correct. After watching him so far I really hope you guys pick him. He's like a blind LJ.

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2008, 10:01 AM
If he plays this way in the pros he's going to bust as a high first rounder, if the hype is correct. After watching him so far I really hope you guys pick him. He's like a blind LJ.

I like how you can dismiss the best RB in the country and two-time Heisman runner-up as a future bust after watching him for all of one drive. Here's to you getting hired as director of scouting for the Donkos.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:02 AM
A guy can learn to use his blockers. Mike Anderson used to run like this for us a while back. If the blocking was perfect, no one could stop him from getting five yards.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:03 AM
I like how you can dismiss the best RB in the country and two-time Heisman runner-up as a future bust after watching him for all of one drive. Here's to you getting hired as director of scouting for the Donkos.

Here's to your front office getting spooked by LJ's attitude/health and picking up a guy with the same skill set, only blind.

kstater
01-01-2008, 10:04 AM
IMO Carl and Herm should be shot if they take McFadden. Not saying he's not a good player, not saying he wouldn't help the Chiefs, and not saying that they shouldn't take the best available player. Just not a RB right now.

xbarretx
01-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Here's to your front office getting spooked by LJ's attitude/health and picking up a guy with the same skill set, only blind.

"i'd buy that for a dollar"

http://durtierice.250free.com/buyfordollar.jpg

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:06 AM
IMO Carl and Herm should be shot if they take McFadden. Not saying he's not a good player, not saying he wouldn't help the Chiefs, and not saying that they shouldn't take the best available player. Just not a RB right now.

It crossed my mind because they took LJ when they had Priest. And because LJ got banged up and bitchy.

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2008, 10:07 AM
LMAO McFadden is TEH SUX0RS!!!

http://www.grupo-utopia.com/blog/isou/Idiots/britney%20retarded%20hrhr.jpg

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:12 AM
LMAO McFadden is TEH SUX0RS!!!

Are you watching him play? He just ran into his own blocker when he had a gaping hole to the right again. As you were posting.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Felix Jones looks better.

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Are you watching him play? He just ran into his own blocker when he had a gaping hole to the right again. As you were posting.

I say he watched him quite a bit this season, considering he is a big SEC fan, not just this game.

Sure-Oz
01-01-2008, 10:14 AM
mcfadden=bust

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2008, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=DaKCMan AP]LMAO McFadden is TEH SUX0RS!!!

I've seen him play MANY games and I've seen him in person. He is an amazing talent. I'm amazed at your ability to evaluate arguably the 2008 draft's best player after watching 7 carries in his entire career.

If anyone ever had doubt, this proves that Dungver fans are retarded.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:15 AM
It's hilarious. Felix Jones just flows through his blocks. He almost got a first just then but his blockers weren't being aggressive enough. I guess they are too used to getting plowed over from behind and are trying to protect their knees.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I've seen him play MANY games and I've seen him in person. He is an amazing talent. I'm amazed at your ability to evaluate arguably the 2008 draft's best player after watching 7 carries in his entire career.

If anyone ever had doubt, this proves that Dungver fans are retarded.

Are you watching him play right now? He looks blind and you look like a retard for defending him.

kstater
01-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Are you watching him play right now? He looks blind and you look like a retard for defending him.

Obviously this one game should determine how good he is and where he goes in the draft. It is the Cotton Bowl after all.

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Tony Temple is clearly better than McFadden. Temple will go number 1 in the draft based on this game. Kid has amazing vision as seen on his nine yard carry.

shaneo69
01-01-2008, 10:19 AM
This is funny. Bronco fans will be crying in their milk if we get McFadden.

Even a blind guy could run for 120 against the donks' run D.

I guess it's easy to be jealous when you're faced with having Selvin Young as your feature back.

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2008, 10:20 AM

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b299/aaronmcintire/dumbass.jpg

doomy3
And Temple is continuing to prove he is a better talent than McFadden, clearly.

listopencil
Obviously this one game should determine how good he is and where he goes in the draft. It is the Cotton Bowl after all.

It's pretty close to the draft for this kid.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm a fuqtard and I'm too busy looking for funny pics to watch football

So the obvious answer is no, you're not watching him play.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:24 AM
This is funny. Bronco fans will be crying in their milk if we get McFadden.

Even a blind guy could run for 120 against the donks' run D.

I guess it's easy to be jealous when you're faced with having Selvin Young as your feature back.

I'd take Young over him at this point.

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2008, 10:25 AM

LMAO

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Even the announcers are calling him out on his vision now.

(paraphrase) "...one thing he'll have to work on if he chooses to go to the next level. He'll have to get better."

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:27 AM

That's Hilarious.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:28 AM
Mizzou should win this if they continue to tackle.

blueballs
01-01-2008, 10:29 AM
THis is the first time I've watched golden boy
he's not impressive right now at all
NOTICE WE SAID 1ST TIME WATCHED

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:31 AM
That's Hilarious.

Maybe you guys should draft him and ask the league to allow sound helpers. You could hang bells on the Goal Line or first down marker to help him out. Your O-Linemen could wear beepers on their ass pads, too. He'd be great then.

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Maybe you guys should draft him and ask the league to allow sound helpers. You could hang bells on the Goal Line or first down marker to help him out. Your O-Linemen could wear beepers on their ass pads, too. He'd be great then.

Yeah, he ran for 1725 yards, a 5.7 YPC, and 15 TDs in the SEC, but can't see. That makes those stats even more amazing.

kstater
01-01-2008, 10:36 AM
Didn't see that hole.

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Didn't see that hole.

Clearly, if he wasn't blind that would have been a TD.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:39 AM
Yeah, he ran for 1725 yards, a 5.7 YPC, and 15 TDs in the SEC, but can't see. That makes those stats even more amazing.

That's great. Maybe they'll add American football to the Special Olympics.

blueballs
01-01-2008, 10:43 AM
He should be the first pick in the fourth round

doomy3
01-01-2008, 10:44 AM
That's great. Maybe they'll add American football to the Special Olympics.

What kind of money do you think Travis Henry and Javon Walker could get in that league if they did?

listopencil
01-01-2008, 10:46 AM
What kind of money do you think Travis Henry and Javon Walker could get in that league if they did?

Babymaker wouldn't sign unless it was some big money. He's got a thousand child support payments checks to write out every month.

Walker? Depends. Does he get a wheelchair or does he have to run on that gimpy knee?

shaneo69
01-01-2008, 11:05 AM
McFadden looked pretty good on that kick return...

listopencil
01-01-2008, 11:06 AM
McFadden looks a lot better with no one in front of him.

DaFace
01-01-2008, 11:13 AM
All I know is that I'd be tempted to burn down Arrowhead if we take a RB in the first round.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 11:32 AM
All I know is that I'd be tempted to burn down Arrowhead if we take a RB in the first round.

Obviously the fan base needs to be rebuilt...

Direckshun
01-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm pretty sure he'll be a Raider.

Whosurdaddy
01-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Please see either the Alabama game, South Carolina game or LSU game. If you think herm's playcalling is bad you should have seen the last 10 years of razorback football.

jjchieffan
01-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, I sure hope he turns out as a bust, at least if the faiders take him.

Skip Towne
01-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Surprisingly McFadden has really skinny lower legs.

blueballs
01-01-2008, 11:49 AM
Missouri is not the strongest against the run
if this was combine material McFadden would drop

listopencil
01-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Felix Jones looked pretty good...right up until he fumbled.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Surprisingly McFadden has really skinny lower legs.

He looks like a WR.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 12:26 PM
This is great, McFadden is about all Arkansas has, him and Jones RB's. And this guy is talking about how McFadden isn't good, really WTF?

He had a huge year in a tough conference being the only thing his team had for the most part...some people I swear.

doomy3
01-01-2008, 12:28 PM
This is great, McFadden is about all Arkansas has, him and Jones RB's. And this guy is talking about how McFadden isn't good, really WTF?

He had a huge year in a tough conference being the only thing his team had for the most part...some people I swear.

The same could be said for your arguments on how JA isn't an elite player.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 12:31 PM
There's a big difference in being your teams only offensive weapon and being a DE...not even a comparison.

McFadden is going in the top 5.

jjchieffan
01-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Another reason I want to see McFadden bust. Mecca thinks he is the shit.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 12:45 PM

Felix Jones is outplaying McFadden.

Spin it any way you want...Felix Jones is outplaying McFadden.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Tony Temple= 24 carries for 281 yards and 4 TD's

Darren McFadden= 21 carries for 101 yards and 1 TD

...with about 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Which guy sounds/looks like he's ready for an NFL defense?

listopencil
01-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Who knows, though. McFadden might get one hundred eighty one yards and three TD's on his next three carries. It could happen.

kstater
01-01-2008, 01:05 PM

Come on, one team is centered around the RB, the other is not.

Missouri came in knowing all they had to do is stop McFadden. Arkansas had to stop either the passing or the running game. Comparing the two based on this game is useless.

DaKCMan AP
01-01-2008, 01:07 PM

Are you really this ****ing dense?

In week 2 of the NFL season LaDanian Tomlinson rushed 17 times for 25 yards against the Bears. Michael Turner rushed 10 times for 41 yards in the same game.

That means Michael Turner is a superior RB to LT, right?

:stupid:

listopencil
01-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Come on, one team is centered around the RB, the other is not.

Missouri came in knowing all they had to do is stop McFadden. Arkansas had to stop either the passing or the running game. Comparing the two based on this game is useless.

I know, but it's hard to resist when I started this thread with a simple (and accurate) observation that McFadden doesn't have good vision. I like his speed, he has really good power and he looks like he has the frame to carry more weight well. But he blew a lot of yardage by simply refusing to use his blockers. He reminds me of LJ a bit, and could be just as effective...but not the way he runs right now.

blueballs
01-01-2008, 01:14 PM
surgery
that hook is set deep

Cochise
01-01-2008, 01:16 PM
this thread, teh win

HolmeZz
01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
He's explosive, but he's got piss poor vision. He's exciting to watch, but he's an overrated prospect in the scheme of things. At least until a good running backs coach gets a hold of him.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Are you really this ****ing dense?

In week 2 of the NFL season LaDanian Tomlinson rushed 17 times for 25 yards against the Bears. Michael Turner rushed 10 times for 41 yards in the same game.

That means Michael Turner is a superior RB to LT, right?

:stupid:

No, it means McF blew a chance to take over a game and impress the NFL. He's either incapable of reading his blocks or has a selfish "tough guy" attitude. Either one is bad for someone looking to get drafted, and it showed in today's game.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:20 PM
I'm sure it killed his draft stock as he gets picked in the top 5.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Then again maybe he's smarter than I give him credit for...maybe he just doesn't want to be a Raider.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm sure it killed his draft stock as he gets picked in the top 5.

...and through this entire thread you stayed away from the fact that I'm absolutely correct. You bitched and whined, called me names and posted pics. Yet you never admitted he looked like crap because he has poor vision. Keep spinning away...

HolmeZz
01-01-2008, 01:26 PM
It won't hurt his draft stock and 21 carries for 101 yards is hardly a bad day. Anybody who had seen McFadden before should've been aware of his lack of vision.

patteeu
01-01-2008, 01:45 PM

If his performance today was representative, I'd have to question just how tough the SEC really is. He really sucked today compared to the hype. Maybe he was more concerned with his health than with the results of the game or something.

kstater
01-01-2008, 01:46 PM
If his performance today was representative, I'd have to question just how tough the SEC really is. He really sucked today. Maybe he was more concerned with his health than with the results of the game or something.

Maybe Escalade's don't have enough leg room and his legs hurt.

Pablo
01-01-2008, 01:54 PM
McFadden is an amazingly powerful runner and if he's drafted to a team with even a shred of an offensive line, he'll be torching NFL defenses next year.

This game isn't represenative of his body of work at all. I suppose since Tony Temple is doing amazing, and Chase Daniel is playing like a sh*tbag, Mizzou's strong suiting was obviously the run all year?

Temple is outplaying McFadden because AK has a piss-poor defense to begin with, and I'm sure they were solely focused on their spread offense with Rucker, Maclin, etc...

Mizzou's defense came to play today, and they won. AK's did not. And Felix Jones is the better "runner" of the two. McFadden is the greater talent of the three on the field, and is the top prospect because he demonstrated he was the man for AK the entire season, and not just in one game.

sportsman1
01-01-2008, 02:26 PM
I've seen him play in person and numerous times on tv. DMAC is amazing. He was blessed with pure talent that can not be matched. The guys only fault is the fact that he trys to carry the whole team. DMAC might be raw but man he will be very successful in the NFL b/c of that. He brings something extra to the table that is hard or words to describe.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Also comparing him to Felix Jones, you know Jones is rated as a 1st rounder also right?

I also didn't post any pics...

listopencil
01-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Also comparing him to Felix Jones, you know Jones is rated as a 1st rounder also right?

I also didn't post any pics...

Yeah-my mistake, I got you confused with DaKCMan on the pics. Felix looked all right. He was fluid, showed some power and speed. I don't know about first rounder but it could happen.

listopencil
01-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Any of you think there is truth to the rumor that KC is going with a zone blocking scheme?

listopencil
01-01-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm amazed at your ability to evaluate arguably the 2008 draft's best player after watching 7 carries in his entire career.

It only took me five carries. The extra time was spent creating this thread.