PDA

View Full Version : King Carl to be GM in title only. Herm/Kuharich to make player and draft decisions.

BigRedChief
01-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Again, take this with a grain of salt. Not saying its the truth, this is gospel, take it to the bank. One of my sources told me this is the same one that has been right every time I've posted their info on here. But things change. Deals get worked out. It's still a very fluent situation from what I'm being told. That disclaimer aside...........

I'm hearing from several sources that King Carl has lost the power struggle with Herm over player development and that he and Kuharich will have the final say on the draft choices and what FA's to bring into the team next year.

There will be a zone blocking scheme put into place.

Waters moves to center. McIntosh to RT.

Law, Weigman, Wilson, Wesley and (if they don't restucture their contracts) Surtain, Kennison are gone.

Solari is out.

I realize that this is the same thing that WI and GoChiefs has reported but it's what I'm hearing also. I've not talked to Nick or GoChiefs in a month so either it's really happening or another scenerio is that its just a bunch of PR BS put out to placate the fans.

But the biggest thing for me and that gives me hope is that if its true King Carl is the GM in title only. http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/style_emoticons/default/ban_dance01.gif

Direckshun
01-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Dear god, reducing his role this much would be monumental.

PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

the Talking Can
01-01-2008, 12:49 PM
baby steps....baby steps to the door

let's hope

Mecca
That's a nice way to not take any blame as a GM when things don't work out...Carl passing that buck.

Direckshun
How does LJ do with zone blocking?

Doesn't that mean we'd need to start recruiting smaller OLmen?

mlyonsd
01-01-2008, 12:50 PM
That would be cool if you could go to a concession stand at Arrowhead and watch Carl grill brats.

pikesome
01-01-2008, 12:50 PM
But the biggest thing for me and that gives me hope is that if its true King Carl is the GM in title only. http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Forums/style_emoticons/default/ban_dance01.gif

This is like telling the Ebola victim to stand in the closet. If he's anywhere near the team, it's bad. Even making Carl the 3rd string janitor is a shitty idea.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 12:51 PM
From what I understand, he had no part of the draft process LAST year.

Not sure what this changes, other than CP keeping his hands out of player development, ie. playing Huard over Croyle from day 1.

kcfanXIII
01-01-2008, 12:51 PM
well, its a start. i'd have more faith it was going to happen if WPI wasn't reporting that it would happen.

BigRedChief
01-01-2008, 12:53 PM

Not sure what this changes, other than CP keeping his hands out of player development, ie. playing Huard over Croyle from day 1.
Yep, that was the rumor last year which is why we drafted better?

But if King Carl doesn't keep his nose out of player development like you say it will be all for naught, if this is true.

Direckshun
01-01-2008, 12:53 PM
I think you answered your own question.

BigRedChief
01-01-2008, 12:55 PM
well, its a start. i'd have more faith it was going to happen if WPI wasn't reporting that it would happen.
Welllll I felt better when I heard it from 2 different people other than WPI. So I thought others might feel that way also. It may all be BS. But the one source was dead on about LJ and Priest.:hmmm:

Mecca
01-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Other than Dwayne Bowe we really didn't draft better...

Right now in Herms time I'm giving him 2/6 on first day picks, not impressive.

morphius
01-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Kuharich? AHHHhhhhhhhhh bleep, tis just as I feared.

Direckshun
01-01-2008, 12:59 PM

Well you don't count Pollard.

I'd put him at 3/6, which still isn't good.

The difference under Herm is that we're hitting on more late picks.

BigRedChief
01-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Kuharich? AHHHhhhhhhhhh bleep, tis just as I feared.Comeon, it's best we could realistically hope for. Clark wasn't going to can King Carl after this season and bring in fresh GM blood. We all agreed that would be the best scenerio but we knew it wasn't going to happen this year.

HonestChieffan
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Now if we didnt have the same lame staff...

The Bad Guy
01-01-2008, 01:02 PM
If they are going with a zone scheme, why not try to bring in Alex Gibbs as a consultant or even make him the OL coach?His son is already on the staff.

hawkchief
01-01-2008, 01:03 PM
It's a joke that Clark apparently doesn't have the balls to strip Carl of a fricking title. Why coddle such a pompous non-performing POS as the fan base of this organization demands nad deserves more.

wazu
Kuharich is an even bigger buffoon than Carl. This problem won't be solved by any of Carl's cronies.

OnTheWarpath58
Well you don't count Pollard.

I'd put him at 3/6, which still isn't good.

The difference under Herm is that we're hitting on more late picks.

The difference under Herm is that we're hitting on picks PERIOD. Vermeil accidently hit on Allen (deepsnapper) and was forced to draft LJ. A retarded monkey on a three-day acid trip could have picked DJ.

Better than bad does not equal good, but it's still better.

And according to Mecca, every team in the league drafts better than KC.

I wonder how many Pro Bowlers would have ever become Pro Bowlers if their career only lasted 1 or 2 years?

suds79
01-01-2008, 01:04 PM
This better not be some kind of sick joke.

... a tear coming to my eye.

Fly O.T. McWall
01-01-2008, 01:05 PM
That would be cool if you could go to a concession stand at Arrowhead and watch Carl get hit in the grill with bats.
fyp

rad
01-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Does it make sense to cut Weigman if we're going Zone?

Mecca
The Chiefs draft history is pretty comical....every team has bad picks but we have a ton of them...that is part of the reason our team looks like it does now.

The Bad Guy

He's a free agent.

Yes, it does. He sucks anymore and he's getting old.

Fly O.T. McWall
The Chiefs draft history is pretty comical....every team has bad picks but we have a ton of them...that is part of the reason our team looks like it does now.
and paris hilton.

BigRedChief
01-01-2008, 01:07 PM
It's a joke that Clark apparently doesn't have the balls to strip Carl of a fricking title. Why coddle such a pompous non-performing POS as the fan base of this organization demands nad deserves more.I agree even though he gets the majority of the blame from me for the teams poor performance the last 10 years.

I still think King Carl deserve props for turning the franchise around from the 80's. We don't need to see his severed head on a pole in front of Arrowhead. Just for him to butt out of player decisions.

Let him keep him royal titles, his fancy shancy office and play head GM on TV. As long as he doesn't interfere with player decisions...thats okay by me.

milkman
01-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Kuharich? AHHHhhhhhhhhh bleep, tis just as I feared.

What's the problem?

It's not like he can trade away our entire draft for Ricky Williams.

Oh..........Wait.

xbarretx
works for me, its in the right direction at least

OnTheWarpath58

Quit changing the parameters.

We're talking about Herm's drafting with KC. You're convinced that all of his picks are already busts, yet also already convinced that every other teams picks will be superstars.

I'm not talking about the franchise's overall drafting history.

The shittiness of that is not debatable.

BigRedChief
01-01-2008, 01:10 PM
This better not be some kind of sick joke.

... a tear coming to my eye.I do have the disclaimer out there in the first post but the same disclaimer was in the LJ and Priest posts also.

It could be BS but if I'm hearing this and WI is hearing it. I think is a case of where theres smoke there is fire or a PR BS campaign is underway.

suds79
01-01-2008, 01:11 PM

Yes because whenever he hits somebody, he's moving backward.

He's just too weak IMO.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:12 PM
When you are trying to rebuild a team and "go young" you have to be hitting at a high percentage or your rebuild isn't going to work, that's my thoughts.

As bad and old as this team has become, you'd think all 3 of the first day picks could start from day 1. So far we got a WR and a DE..a safety that is built like and runs like a LB, a injury prone QB that is at best an unknown entity and 2 DL that can't get on the field..

Not good for a team that is trying to rebuild....first rounders should be on the field for even good teams unless you are a perfect team.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 01:19 PM
When you are trying to rebuild a team and "go young" you have to be hitting at a high percentage or your rebuild isn't going to work, that's my thoughts.

As bad and old as this team has become, you'd think all 3 of the first day picks could start from day 1. So far we got a WR and a DE..a safety that is built like and runs like a LB, a injury prone QB that is at best an unknown entity and 2 DL that can't get on the field..

Not good for a team that is trying to rebuild....first rounders should be on the field for even good teams unless you are a perfect team.

So you want the R3 QB to start from Day 1 now?

For ****s sake. A R1 QB rarely ever starts from Day 1.

If you honestly think that those players didn't see the field because they aren't good enough, you're an idiot, and obviously have ZERO clue as to how this franchise operates under Carl Peterson.

Hali
Pollard
Croyle
Bowe
McBride
Tyler

Except Croyle, every one of those players should and could have been starting their rookie year.

Carl Peterson's "win now" philosophy doesn't allow it.

Hopefully, the report is correct, and he holds up his end of the bargain and STFD, STFU and lets Herm do his thing.

jjchieffan
01-01-2008, 01:20 PM

You know you are a dumb f*cker. 2/6??? Please. Hali is a starter, could improve, but solid. Pollard..starter.. 90 tackles, 2 Int. Croyle..starter, incomplete at worst, Bowe, starter, possible future superstar, Tank and Turk.. solid contributors for rookies, incomplete for now. You have let your negativity towards this team blind you to its positives. Why don't you change your name to Autumn Wind2 and go cheer for the faiders?

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:21 PM
Alright, problem is from what I've seen I can only say 2 of those guys are part of the future.

You can call me all the names you want it doesn't change that only 2 of those guys have done much.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-01-2008, 01:22 PM
Did your source clarify what they meant by "Solari is out"?

"Out" as in relieved off all duties from the Chiefs, or out as OC and back as O-Line coach?

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:23 PM
You know you are a dumb f*cker. 2/6??? Please. Hali is a starter, could improve, but solid. Pollard..starter.. 90 tackles, 2 Int. Croyle..starter, incomplete at worst, Bowe, starter, possible future superstar, Tank and Turk.. solid contributors for rookies, incomplete for now. You have let your negativity towards this team blind you to its positives. Why don't you change your name to Autumn Wind2 and go cheer for the faiders?

I counted Hali I said 2 not 1...

Pollard blows I don't care if he has 500 tackles he runs like he has a brick in his ass and in todays pass heavy game it makes him a liability.

blueballs
01-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Nick Athan said this last night on 38 The Spot
Draft day and FA decisions will get little imput from King Carl

BigMeatballDave
01-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan said this last night on 38 The Spot
Draft day and FA decisions will get little imput from King CarlNick said? Whoa, its Gospel, then...

Frankie
01-01-2008, 01:29 PM

Patience, my friend. Patience. Drafts cannot be fairly evaluated until after 3 years.

Guru
01-01-2008, 01:30 PM
Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan said this last night on 38 The Spot
Draft day and FA decisions will get little imput from King Carl
ANY input from carl is too much.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Patience, my friend. Patience. Drafts cannot be fairly evaluated until after 3 years.

I understand the QB not playing right away, but for as bad as this team is you'd think everyone else could at least get on the field.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Alright, problem is from what I've seen I can only say 2 of those guys are part of the future.

You can call me all the names you want it doesn't change that only 2 of those guys have done much.

If Pollard hasn't done much, what does that say about your boy Ko Simpson?

Ko Simpson's First 16 Starts

77 tackles
1 sack
2 passes defensed
2 INT's

Bernard Pollard's First 16 Starts

90 tackles
1 sack
7 passes defensed
2 INT's

Waiting for your spin......

blueballs
01-01-2008, 01:34 PM
Just backing up
more than 1 source out there
on htis news

Frankie
I still think King Carl deserve props for turning the franchise around from the 80's. We don't need to see his severed head on a pole in front of Arrowhead. Just for him to butt out of player decisions.

Let him keep him royal titles, his fancy shancy office and play head GM on TV. As long as he doesn't interfere with player decisions...thats okay by me.
He'll be busy going over the Arrowhead renovation plans with contractors.

Bowser
Kuharich is an even bigger buffoon than Carl. This problem won't be solved by any of Carl's cronies.

Yep. This team desperately needs an enema of the front office.

blueballs
01-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Never mind Mecca
he dishes out criticism all day long
yet can't handle any back

Mecca
01-01-2008, 01:38 PM
If Pollard hasn't done much, what does that say about your boy Ko Simpson?

Ko Simpson's First 16 Starts

77 tackles
1 sack
2 passes defensed
2 INT's

Bernard Pollard's First 16 Starts

90 tackles
1 sack
7 passes defensed
2 INT's

I don't really need to spin it, because simply put stats are just that stats. Pollard has more tackles...DB's having tons of tackles is a great sign for your team isn't it?

I've watched them both play numerous times, Simpson doesn't routinely get beat, He reads balls and breaks on them well, he also doesn't run like a LB...

But hey use stats for DB's, according to them my boy Cromartie is the best DB in the game, even though that isn't remotely the case. Or you could probably somehow tell me Pollard is better than Donte Whitner..

By the way Simpson plays FS not SS like Pollard, that's Whitners position.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't really need to spin it, because simply put stats are just that stats. Pollard has more tackles...DB's having tons of tackles is a great sign for your team isn't it?

I've watched them both play numerous times, Simpson doesn't routinely get beat, He reads balls and breaks on them well, he also doesn't run like a LB...

But hey use stats for DB's, according to them my boy Cromartie is the best DB in the game, even though that isn't remotely the case. Or you could probably somehow tell me Pollard is better than Donte Whitner..

Thanks, that's pretty much exactly as I expected.

"I think so, therefore I'm right."

Frankie
If you honestly think that those players didn't see the field because they aren't good enough, you're an idiot, and obviously have ZERO clue as to how this franchise operates under Carl Peterson.

Hali
Pollard
Croyle
Bowe
McBride
Tyler

Except Croyle, every one of those players should and could have been starting their rookie year.

Carl Peterson's "win now" philosophy doesn't allow it.
Isn't it funny that our last two first rounders got to start in their first year due to pure luck? Both due to an injury to the old starters in front of them. Otherwise Hali and Bowe would have paint from the bench sticking to their asses.

KC kid
So now we are getting the cheap shot zone blocking? lovely

Frankie
01-01-2008, 01:44 PM
If Pollard hasn't done much, what does that say about your boy Ko Simpson?.......
Is Simpson somebody mecca was pimping on us at one point?

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Never mind Mecca

Makes me wonder why he was looking for a job last year.

With his knowledge, every team in the league should be lining up to hire him as a personnel director.

Mecca likes who Mecca likes, and there's no amount of stats, reasoning or analytical thinking that will even allow him to consider he might be wrong.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Is Simpson somebody mecca was pimping on us at one point?

You really have to ask?

:p

dirk digler
01-01-2008, 01:50 PM
His son is already on the staff.

Hopefully not for long

FringeNC
01-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Herm obviously knows very little about the Xs and Os of football. Even his defenders would probably admit as much. Given that, it is imperative that we hire a very good offensive coordinator -- but the problem is what good OC would want to work for Herm. It'd have to be some up-cand-comer, like perhaps that Price guy that is rumored to be in the mix.

But will Herm allow any OC to play to win?

Mecca
01-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Makes me wonder why he was looking for a job last year.

With his knowledge, every team in the league should be lining up to hire him as a personnel director.

Mecca likes who Mecca likes, and there's no amount of stats, reasoning or analytical thinking that will even allow him to consider he might be wrong.

Just like how a guy has more "upside" for no other reason than he plays for the Chiefs? This stuff goes both ways...

You are also comparing a guys rookie year to another's 2nd, and a 2nd round pick to a 4th round pick...

No matter what I say sometimes to people here I am wrong, there are people here that will say Hali is better than Cromartie still to this day so somehow I'm wrong, it's a great situation.

KCHawg
01-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Tell us the truth, Mecca is really King Carl isn't he?

jjchieffan
01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
I understand the QB not playing right away, but for as bad as this team is you'd think everyone else could at least get on the field.

4 starters, and 2 DLinemen in the rotation. I believe they all get on the field. Thats the first day picks. Kolby, Page, Webb, and Taylor also saw significant playing time from day 2.

Mecca
01-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Tell us the truth, Mecca is really King Carl isn't he?

Oh cmon we don't have any of the players I liked on draft day....damn Bill Kuharick and Herm for overruling me!

Excuse me I need to go write another Rufus article about how it's the fans fault and how they are stupid.

snatch
01-01-2008, 02:15 PM
So now we are getting the cheap shot zone blocking? lovely
This is a good thing. You can utilize smaller people on the o-line and a back such as LJ should be able to excel.

alanm
01-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Never mind Mecca
Well he is only 27.

chiefscafan
01-01-2008, 02:41 PM
I hope you guys are right

eazyb81
01-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Why the hell would we move an All-Pro guard to center?

And let's get real, it's not like Herm is f'n Bill Belicheck when it comes to talent evaluation. Carl and Herm both suck equally, so I'm not excited by this news.

Mr. Flopnuts
01-01-2008, 03:25 PM

If you can actually give him 2/6 when these guys have between 0-1 years of actual experience under their belt is something. By the end of next year, you could be giving him 4/6 or even 5/6. I'm hopeful.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2008, 03:33 PM
so Carl's ego is more important than the future of the team?

c'mon ..... just rip the band-aid off already.

just shows that the business is the priority over winning and the Hunts are too chicken shite to be decisive.

blueballs
01-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Is this just a trial run for Kuharich
if he doesn't get it done let another team
take him away-if he does okay he's offered the job

morphius
01-01-2008, 03:44 PM

just shows that the business is the priority over winning and the Hunts are too chicken shite to be decisive.
I'm going to go under the belief that Clark promised his Dad that he wouldn't fire Carl, and that is the only reason that he hasn't. Sure I'm making it up, but it is the only thing that gives me hope.

Tribal Warfare
01-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Waters moves to center. McIntosh to RT.

You got this from your source is it opinion?

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 04:00 PM
You got this from your source is it opinion?

I'm not sure how even the organization can say for sure that those moves will take place until they have someone to fill those positions.

Moving Waters is much easier, more options to replace him through FA or the draft.

They might want to think about moving McIntosh, it's not like it;s guaranteed they can get someone better at LT. Hard position to replace. Much easier to keep Mac there and get a RT.

RibKing67
01-01-2008, 04:06 PM
I am new here and I have read several posts re WPI in a negitive fashion. I do not frequent WPI and really dont know s**t about them but I was curious what the deal was?

As far as this situa goes, Mecca do you really believe that a guy goes from the draft to pro-bowl in a season or 2? If in fact that is what you think you need to back your opinions up with fact! Mecca, I am curious what you think of Mario Williams? Should H-town give up on him? He has had 2 yrs and no pro-bowl? Must be a bust huh?

I am hopeful the guys we drafted last year will grow and contribute in their 2nd year so we can evaluate them properly.

patteeu
01-01-2008, 04:19 PM
I am new here and I have read several posts re WPI in a negitive fashion. I do not frequent WPI and really dont know s**t about them but I was curious what the deal was?

As far as this situa goes, Mecca do you really believe that a guy goes from the draft to pro-bowl in a season or 2? If in fact that is what you think you need to back your opinions up with fact! Mecca, I am curious what you think of Mario Williams? Should H-town give up on him? He has had 2 yrs and no pro-bowl? Must be a bust huh?

I am hopeful the guys we drafted last year will grow and contribute in their 2nd year so we can evaluate them properly.

WPI is run by a guy who, when he was getting started, reported on several high profile rumors that ended up not panning out and he failed to adequately describe his reports as rumors. I don't follow WPI so I don't know if that trend continues or if the negativity derives mostly from the early days.

RibKing67
01-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the info.

kstater
01-01-2008, 04:21 PM

I think Phobia should be someone you want to talk to.

ChiefsFan4Life
01-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Did your source clarify what they meant by "Solari is out"?

"Out" as in relieved off all duties from the Chiefs, or out as OC and back as O-Line coach?

Any insight into this BigRedChief? Just curious.

Thanks.

Cochise
01-01-2008, 04:38 PM
I'll believe Carl let someone best him for control of the organization when I see it.

ChiTown
01-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I'll believe Carl let someone best him for control of the organization when I see it.

Agreed.

I think his ego would make him step down before he played 2nd fiddle to anyone in the Chiefs Organization.

Mr. Laz
01-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Agreed.

I think his ego would make him step down before he played 2nd fiddle to anyone in the Chiefs Organization.
which means it's not true or that Kuharick is just a puppet.

patteeu
01-01-2008, 04:49 PM

As long as he retains the power to fire the head coach and personnel people (assuming he ever had that power), any change of leadership with respect to player acquisition is suspect, IMO.

suds79
01-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Why the hell would we move an All-Pro guard to center?

And let's get real, it's not like Herm is f'n Bill Belicheck when it comes to talent evaluation. Carl and Herm both suck equally, so I'm not excited by this news.

1st off, Brian Waters isn't an all pro guard. Yes he had one season but that was the past when he was also working with to HOFs with him. We're dealing with the present.

Put Brian Waters at Center and all of a sudden you've got an average to good Guard to what has got to be one of the biggest/strongest Centers in the game.

Plus I'd bet the coaches would feel better about a Vet calling out the blocking assignments rather than some rookie... Just a guess there though.

I'd like to see this move.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 04:54 PM
1st off, Brian Waters isn't an all pro guard. Yes he had one season but that was the past when he was also working with to HOFs with him. We're dealing with the present.

Put Brian Waters at Center and all of a sudden you've got an average to good Guard to what has got to be one of the biggest/strongest Centers in the game.

Plus I'd bet the coaches would feel better about a Vet calling out the blocking assignments rather than some rookie... Just a guess there though.

No need to guess, you're exactly right, IMO.

That is the only reason to make this move, they must not trust Rudy or plan on him playing guard exclusively.

WilliamTheIrish
01-01-2008, 04:56 PM
which means it's not true or that Kuharick is just a puppet.

My money is on "Not true".

booger
01-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Should be interesting. According to Weir CP would "sooner quit than give up any titles" to those who really know him.

Maybe Clark realizes this and would rather make him quit and save some $$$$.

Otter
01-01-2008, 05:15 PM
If this is true, color me completely unimpressed. See what Baltimore did to rebuild, they didn't pussy foot around let's move Carl here to appease the fans. Everyone can see he needs to go but himself and the people who have the power to boot him.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

And as far as Carl STILL deserving credit for what Marty, Gunther and carl did 20 years ago....give me a break, how freaking long does he get to live of something he did (not by himself) two decades ago?

StcChief
01-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Let Carl over see stadium reconstruction project. A monkey could do that

bowener
01-01-2008, 07:43 PM

I would like to see this move happen too. On paper it sounds very good, I just hope it can work well... I think Waters could be a mauling center in the run game, and a big strong body who can hold his ground in the passing game... all in all (IF) we get some good guard play out of the draft and FA, his play at center cant be worse than we saw this season. Also, if they do announce this change sometime during the offseason, does that mean we will be players in the FA market for a quality guard like Lilja?

cdcox
01-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Whitlock mentioned going to a Denver-type zone blocking leg-whipping, chop-blocking scheme in his end of year grades. Along with a boot leg passing game. So that part of the rumor has some independent confirmation.

He must also have someone in mind for OC if he has already picked the scheme.

ChiefsCountry
01-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Whitlock mentioned going to a Denver-type zone blocking leg-whipping, chop-blocking scheme in his end of year grades. Along with a boot leg passing game. So that part of the rumor has some independent confirmation.

He must also have someone in mind for OC if he has already picked the scheme.

Probally Bates from Denver. He was on Herm's staff in New York.

cdcox
01-01-2008, 08:14 PM
If true, the best thing about this is that much of the football operations responsibilities has been vested in a Head coach (a much more volatile position than GM) and in Kuharich. This could be a trial run for Kuharich as GM. If this operation flames out over the next two years, we could get a full house cleaning from GM through all the coaches.

I'm optimistic that we can suck for two more years and get some fresh blood.

Logical
01-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Just like how a guy has more "upside" for no other reason than he plays for the Chiefs? This stuff goes both ways...

You are also comparing a guys rookie year to another's 2nd, and a 2nd round pick to a 4th round pick...

No matter what I say sometimes to people here I am wrong, there are people here that will say Hali is better than Cromartie still to this day so somehow I'm wrong, it's a great situation.Thank goodness for you Mecca, I seem positive about the Chiefs when people compare the two of us.

Frankie
01-01-2008, 08:56 PM
I would like to see this move happen too. On paper it sounds very good, I just hope it can work well... I think Waters could be a mauling center in the run game, and a big strong body who can hold his ground in the passing game...
How is he in snapping the ball?

Logical
01-01-2008, 09:02 PM

That pretty much covers it.

Sully
01-01-2008, 09:03 PM
This reminds me of a story about chairs and a very large boat.

Simplex3
01-01-2008, 09:06 PM
QFT

This might be the plan, but when it's crunch time King Carl is going to tell people what their opinions are.

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 09:08 PM
QFT

This might be the plan, but when it's crunch time King Carl is going to tell people what their opinions are.

Which is exactly why all this talk about drafting Ryan, Brohm or Woodson is pointless.

There's about a 0.001 percent chance of Carl drafting a QB with a R1 pick, much less a Top 5 pick.

Simplex3
01-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Which is exactly why all this talk about drafting Ryan, Brohm or Woodson is pointless.

There's about a 0.001 percent chance of Carl drafting a QB with a R1 pick, much less a Top 5 pick.
Say, are there any kickers, fullbacks, or tight ends coming out of UCLA this year we could blow a top 5 pick on?

OnTheWarpath58
01-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Say, are there any kickers, fullbacks, or tight ends coming out of UCLA this year we could blow a top 5 pick on?

LMAO

And to answer your question, Michael Pitre, FB, UCLA.

Lzen
01-01-2008, 09:28 PM

Translation = I just got owned. I guess I'll pull something out of my ass and distract him from the original argument. Say, I think I could have been a salesman.

Lzen
01-01-2008, 09:40 PM
BTW, for those that don't remember. Waters started out playing center in 2001 under Vermeil, if I recall correctly. I also remember him messing up a snap that ended up being a turnover to the Raiduhs. All that being said, it seems as though Waters already has some experience at center. I don't think it will be too difficult a transition for him.

Guru
01-01-2008, 09:49 PM
LMAO

And to answer your question, Michael Pitre, FB, UCLA.
Oh crap!!! Erase that NOW before Carl sees it.

BigRedChief
01-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Probally Bates from Denver. He was on Herm's staff in New York.
Yep, Soalri is "officially" out. Looks like this "stuff" I was told may be true.:hmmm:

Mecca
01-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Translation = I just got owned. I guess I'll pull something out of my ass and distract him from the original argument. Say, I think I could have been a salesman.

Alright, if that's getting owned fine but Simpson is better than Pollard. But hey I'm always wrong right even when I'm not so I'll take it..it's per usual. I stayed on the argument what it was so hey your translation is about like a Japanese guy telling me with the guy speaking spanish said..but hey man have your fun.

For the post right above me, Bates is the D guy in Denver I think he means Mike Heimerdinger.

BigRedChief
01-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Alright, if that's getting owned fine but Simpson is better than Pollard. But hey I'm always wrong right even when I'm not so I'll take it..it's per usual. I stayed on the argument what it was so hey your translation is about like a Japanese guy telling me with the guy speaking spanish said..but hey man have your fun.

For the post right above me, Bates is the D guy in Denver I think he means Mike Heimerdinger.
Jezus H Christ we have the best news we have heard in a long time about King Carl and your ruining the thread trying to prove your right. Go pick some other thread to prove your omnipotence, okay?

Otter
01-02-2008, 06:22 AM
Jezus H Christ we have the best news we have heard in a long time about King Carl and your ruining the thread trying to prove your right. Go pick some other thread to prove your omnipotence, okay?

I don't see how this news is any better than nothing at all. I find it hard to believe Mr. Ego would accept a demotion (taking your privileges taken away is a demotion) gracefully.

If true, it's nothing more than propaganda to keep the fans at bay.

He hasn't won a playoff game in 15 years, Peterson should be packing up his office right now not getting the title bar on his door changed.

Insincere, meaningless and vain.

BigRedChief
01-02-2008, 06:29 AM
I don't see how this news is any better than nothing at all. I find it hard to believe Mr. Ego would accept a demotion (taking your privileges taken away is a demotion) gracefully.

If true, it's nothing more than propaganda to keep the fans at bay.

Insincere, meaningless and vain.Thats what I said. It's either propaganda or it really happened. Too much smoke for there not to be a fire. Now whether its a real fire or more smoke and mirrors out of Arrowhead?:hmmm:

I'm choosing to believe that king Carl has been removed from having the final say for player decisions for the sake of my own sanity.

memyselfI
01-02-2008, 07:18 AM
Thats what I said. It's either propaganda or it really happened. Too much smoke for there not to be a fire. Now whether its a real fire or more smoke and mirrors out of Arrowhead?:hmmm:

I'm choosing to believe that king Carl has been removed from having the final say for player decisions for the sake of my own sanity.

I have a hard time believing the King would settle for ceremonial power in name only and be relegated to overseeing the hanging of wallpaper for the renovations of the stadium...

All this news means is the cancer is in remission. That is not what this team or city needs. If Clark can't pull the trigger at this juncture then he's giving us a big clue, rather, waiving a big red flag that things are same as it ever was and Lamar lives on at One Arrowhead Drive. And not in a good way.

stevieray
01-02-2008, 08:14 AM
But hey I'm always wrong right even when I'm not so I'll take it..it's per usual.

yes, D enise, we all know about your incessant need to make every Chief thread about you.

Chiefnj2
01-02-2008, 09:09 AM
GRETZ: Ahead of the News
Jan 02, 2008, 9:42:04 AM by Bob Gretz - FAQ

If you rely on the local fish wrap for your news about the Chiefs, you are about four days behind.

This past Monday, the local rag made a big headline out of the fact that Carl Peterson was returning in 2008 as the Chiefs head honcho and that Herm Edwards was also coming back as head coach. They were only 80 hours late with the information.

If you had listened the previous Thursday night to the Carl Peterson Show on 101 the Fox, you would have heard this news already. Here’s an excerpt from the show tape:

Question: Carl, will you be the general manager of the Chiefs in 2008?

Peterson: “I’m sure planning on it. I haven’t had anybody tell me different, other than maybe some media. That is definitely the plan, as well as President and as well as CEO.

Question: Will Herm Edwards be the head coach in 2008?

Peterson: “Absolutely, unequivocally yes. There is no concern of question on that.”

Question: The last two years Bill Kuharich has led your personnel efforts in the draft, will he do so again in 2008?

Peterson: “Yes he is. He’s our vice-president of player personnel, which includes both the pro and the college.”

Peterson and Edwards had much more to say that night. They will say many of the same things on Thursday morning when they hold a post-season press conference. If you count on the local newspaper for your news, you’ll read about it Friday morning.

Or, you can read some of their thoughts right now. Here are some other excerpts from the CP Show of last week as they pertain to the future of the team:

Question: Carl, are Clark Hunt, Carl Peterson, Herm Edwards and Bill Kuharich all on the same page when it comes to the future direction of this team?

Peterson: “We have yet to sit down together to finalize some decisions. That will come with the end of the season, but we all know what we want to do. Some decisions have already been made. I will share with you that we are in very good shape with our salary cap for 2008. We have begun to address already the unrestricted free agents and restricted free agents that the Kansas City Chiefs have. We have started a preliminary look at what might be out there in free agency. We haven’t done this with Herm yet, because he’s been very much involved in game planning. We will bring him up to date very quickly next week.

Question: There are two main thoroughfares where talent comes to a football team: free agency and the draft. What is going to be the driving force in the philosophy of this team stepping forward into 2008?

Peterson: “You build through the draft, because you are going to develop those players you want in the system set up by the head coach and his philosophy on offense, defense and special teams. That’s always where the emphasis will be. Free agency can fill in some gaps and if you do it intelligently and smartly and without having to overpay, you can get some very good players to help you.”

Question: What I’m hearing you say is you are going to build, re-build, whatever term you want to use, this football team through the draft?

Peterson: “Yes. This really began three years ago, when we had a pretty good draft in Derrick Johnson and Dustin Colquitt. When Herm came on board (2006) it emphasized it even more. Bill Kuharich took over the personnel department and he’s done a very good job. We’ve had 14 picks the last two drafts (2006-07) and 12 of them are still with us now. It still gets down to getting players that can help you win. We are getting the players. Now, we have to produce more victories.”

Question: Many of the media in this town chattered all through the last two years that Herm’s desire to go young clashes with your desires for this team and organization, that you guys were not on the same page. Is there any truth to that?

Peterson: “Before I hired Herm, I sat down and talked to him about his philosophy. It was a bit different than what I had in the past and I’m not going to denigrate Dick Vermeil, Gunther Cunningham or Marty Schottenheimer. They did a great job when they were here. My job is once the head coach is selected, is to give him everything he needs to be successful. That’s staff, that’s players, that’s facilities, that’s an environment where he can follow his philosophy and make it grow … I’ve said it before and I’ll say it now, I’ve never had a head coach before Herm who was intent on getting young players on the field. I knew that when I hired him and I’m comfortable with that.”

crazycoffey
01-02-2008, 09:14 AM

This is a wonderful start!

BigRedChief
01-02-2008, 01:09 PM
BTW, for those that don't remember. Waters started out playing center in 2001 under Vermeil, if I recall correctly. I also remember him messing up a snap that ended up being a turnover to the Raiduhs. All that being said, it seems as though Waters already has some experience at center. I don't think it will be too difficult a transition for him.Waters was brought in to be the eventual replacement for Grunny. But when they got Weigman they moved Waters to G.

BigRedChief
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
After watching the presser today I'm even more convinced what my source told me is true. King Carl has always said he has the final say on player decisions. Buck stops here BS. I ask for input from many good people but I'm the one who has the final say. I'm the one responsible.

Today King Carl says it's a Chiefs decision. I'm just one voice of many.

King Carl says the Chiefs are rebuilding the team Herm's way. This is Herm's team.

No big name/splashy FA's. No over the hill stop gap players. We are rebuilding through the draft. We are going to play young players.

Maybe our team will indeed rise from the ashes if King Carl doesn't have the final say anymore. This could all be One Arrowhead drive PR BS and King Carl is still pulling the strings and has final say on players but if it is all PR BS why would Herm just sit there and say nothing when King Carl is saying it's Herm's team. I'm justy one voice.

It's not the best scenerio of King Carl being shown the door. I'm sure he will try to meddle but I'm going to choose to believe that the emporer has been proven to not have on any clothes and a new day has begun in the Chiefs front office. HALLELUAH PBJ

Chiefnj2
01-03-2008, 12:28 PM
After watching the presser today I'm even more convinced what my source told me is true. King Carl has always said he has the final say on player decisions. Buck stops here BS. I ask for input from many good people but I'm the one who has the final say. I'm the one responsible.

King Carl says the Chiefs are rebuilding the team Herm's way. This is Herm's team.

No big name/splashy FA's. No over the hill stop gap players. We are rebuilding through the draft. We are going to play young players.

Maybe our team will indeed rise from the ashes if King Carl doesn't have the final say anymore. This could all be One Arrowhead drive PR BS and King Carl is still pulling the strings and has final say on players but if it is all PR BS why would Herm just sit there and say nothing when King Carl is saying it's Herm's team. I'm justy one voice.

It's not the best scenerio of King Carl being shown the door. I'm sure he will try to meddle but I'm going to choose to believe that the emporer has been proven to not have on any clothes and a new day has begun in the Chiefs front office. HALLELUAH PBJ

Sorry, but I don't see any change in philosophy. Coaches have always had a say in the draft. Carl has always brought in the players that the coaches wanted. When Gun was HC he brought in bigger, "tougher", players. When DV came aboard Carl brought him the QB, OL and quick twitch players DV wanted and gave GROB guys like McLeon and Bush. Gunther got his dream list when he returned as DC. When Herm came aboard he got some old Jets and got to draft players he wanted.

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 12:31 PM

you can't be serious. Herm sits there and says nothing because he was told to. Herm is just glad he isn't getting canned and gets some sort of chance to look better his last year than he did this one.

BigRedChief
01-03-2008, 12:33 PM
you can't be serious. Herm sits there and says nothing because he was told to. Herm is just glad he isn't getting canned and gets some sort of chance to look better his last year than he did this one.
Sorry, but I don't see Herm as a foot shuffling porter. And I trust my source.

King_Chief_Fan
01-03-2008, 12:34 PM
Sorry, but I don't see Herm as a foot shuffling porter. And I trust my source.

I am o.k. with you trusting your source. However, I think Herm does what he is told. He was saved from being humiliated and terminated from the Jets. He owes Carl.