PDA

View Full Version : Would it be worth buying Madden 08 for PC

Thig Lyfe
01-01-2008, 03:22 PM
If I just want it for the online play? I'm asking because at this point, I might buy it and then the next week see online play disabled.

EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM OR 30 DAYS AFTER THE LAST DAY OF THE 2007-2008 NFL SEASON.

Does anybody with PC know if they actually do this, and if so, when?

Short Leash Hootie
01-02-2008, 02:02 AM
I pirated a copy of the PC version of Madden...it's ok...the gameplay is much better than what it is on 360...but the graphics aren't that great...

Valiant
01-02-2008, 02:19 AM
If I just want it for the online play? I'm asking because at this point, I might buy it and then the next week see online play disabled.

Does anybody with PC know if they actually do this, and if so, when?

??? have an actual link to the info??

I highly doubt they would cancel online play? someone would sue them for it.. That and if they did I am sure it is possible to play in other servers not sponsored by EA.. That and if they did it, it would hurt their market even more next year..

I dont see anything on their madden forums about it..

Thig Lyfe
01-02-2008, 03:21 AM
??? have an actual link to the info??

I highly doubt they would cancel online play? someone would sue them for it.. That and if they did I am sure it is possible to play in other servers not sponsored by EA.. That and if they did it, it would hurt their market even more next year..

I dont see anything on their madden forums about it..

What I quoted was the fine print at the bottom of the Madden 08 for PC page.

Lzen
01-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I think they just say that on Madden football every year. I recall seeing that on the PS2 versions years ago, too. I have played PC versions the last 3 years. Don't really play online, though. I do recall messing around with the online aspect of 07 during the summer (July 07). So, I would guess that you will be able to play online at least until they come out with Madden 09.